Fury

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji

riv6672
Sweet.
Googled it real quick. Sounds pretty good. Below is a link with a pic of the cast. My new wallpaper!

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/first-look-brad-pitt-is-wardaddy-in-photos-from-wwii-tank-movie-fury-20140502

Kazenji
b8n5iV53L0U

The Renegade
The director isn't horribly consistent. I call mediocrity.

riv6672
Good point.
But, the subject matter is interesting, and two of the actors are ones i like.
Going to call, wait till i see actually see it. wink

Lestov16
Will screentime next to Brad Pitt in a war drama lend life support to Shia LeBeouf's career? We shall see.....

riv6672
I love that cheesy 'stache!

Kazenji
Shia LeBeouf is actually a decent actor just don't judge him on his Transformers work.

Lestov16
Oh I'm doing the exact opposite. I've been rooting for Shia ever since he got in the business, because I've been watching him since I was a kid watching Even Stevens. I blame Transformers for muddying up his career, because he's not a bad actor, but Sam Witwicky is such a horrible character that much of that hate got redirected towards Shia. Sorta like Hayden Christensen after the SW prequels.

super pr*xy
i have a feeling this will end just like saving private ryan..

Firefly218
Originally posted by Lestov16
Oh I'm doing the exact opposite. I've been rooting for Shia ever since he got in the business, because I've been watching him since I was a kid watching Even Stevens. I blame Transformers for muddying up his career, because he's not a bad actor, but Sam Witwicky is such a horrible character that much of that hate got redirected towards Shia. Sorta like Hayden Christensen after the SW prequels.
thumb up
Hayden Christianson is actually pretty good. The Star Wars script sucked ass.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Firefly218
thumb up
Hayden Christianson is actually pretty good. The Star Wars script sucked ass. He is an abysmal actor. He destroyed Darth Vader IMO.

Firefly218
Originally posted by quanchi112
He is an abysmal actor. He destroyed Darth Vader IMO.

It's hard to act well when it's your first major motion picture, a majority of the film is shot in front of a green screen with few real sets, the script sucks major ass and your playing one of the most iconic characters in cinematic ****ing history.

He could have done better, but the real person I blame for ruining Darth Vader is George Lucas.

If you've seen his other movies, Hayden isn't too bad. Definitely not abysmal.

KingD19
Good to see Shia getting a chance after that whole copycat fiasco.

Time Immemorial
Looks legit

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Firefly218

If you've seen his other movies, Hayden isn't too bad. Definitely not abysmal.

Jumper.
Playing an assh*le hero doesn't do much for one's career.
He simply wasn't likeable in that movie.

Kazenji
^

Try out the movie Shattered Glass.

The Renegade
Originally posted by quanchi112
He is an abysmal actor. He destroyed Darth Vader IMO.

No, he's not. He's decent. He acted well in "Shattered Glass."

Kazenji
09w9MTtZDEM

Time Immemorial
Its TIME to See Wardaddy in action!!

Tzeentch
I'd really like this to be dope, as tanking isn't a very frequently portrayed aspect of warfare in movies.

Buuuut my gut says it'll be shit, and this'll be one of Pitt's "just payin' the bills" performances.

Kazenji
Joblo's giving the movie an 8 out of 10.

Robtard
This was overall good, not great like I hoped. Story was simple (tank crew has a tough job, tank crew does tough job). Acting was decent for most involved. Characters were decent though somewhat 2-demensional (simple hick, pious man, guy who does what needs to be done regardless etc.) Character development and interactions among the crew was varied from interesting to rather bland at times. Action sequences and sound is were this film shines.

Theater I watched it in has superb sound (theater George Lucas Sound did there magic in for Episode 1 back in the day), you felt every bullet and shell in your chest. I'd probably drop this a full point if I watched in it a crappy theater.

7.5/10 for me. If you don't like WWII flicks, you'll probably be bored.

dadudemon
Robtard, is this something my 10-year-old son could see? I usually keep the films I let him see down to PG-13 or lower.

He loves WWII stuff/movies/facts. He loves planes and tanks from that period, as well.

marwash22
from what i hear it's pretty graphic, so unless you want to severely desensitize your kid, I'd say drop him off in the "Book of Life" theater and see this one alone.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Robtard, is this something my 10-year-old son could see? I usually keep the films I let him see down to PG-13 or lower.

He loves WWII stuff/movies/facts. He loves planes and tanks from that period, as well.

Really depends how mature your son is at 10, but I'd err on the side of caution here and watch it first yourself then take him later if you deem he can handle it. It's an 'R' flick, btw.

It's a war movie and it gets all up in your face with the ugliness of war. Mutilations, decapitations, limbs sawed off with machine-gun fire, guts spilled etc.

edit: I'd not take my almost 10 daughter to see it, even if she was interested in WWII like your son is.

Robtard
Oh, forgot to add:

Found the scene of Brad Pitt's shirtless and waxed upper body to be silly and gratuitous. The guy's still in great shape, but it just wasn't needed for a film like this.

It's really not a spoiler, as knowing the above won't ruin the story at all, but view at your own risk.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Robtard
Really depends how mature your son is at 10, but I'd err on the side of caution here and watch it first yourself then take him later if you deem he can handle it. It's an 'R' flick, btw.

And yet its only rated MA 15+ here.

Robtard
LoL, Australia

Kazenji
The movie probably isn't as violent as what your movie ratings is making it out to be

an R rated movie here is something like Kill Bill vol 1.

Quincy
Well, the flick does start with some facial stabbing, but it's not so much gorey as just a hell of a lot of killing. There aren't ever scenes where someone is shot and it shows bullet holes and they bleed out on camera. It's more like

'Oh shot in the head, he's down."

That being said, probably not good for a 10 year old.

The acting was pretty wonderful, particularly surprised at Shia Labeouf. There was quite a few standout scenes that I was really impressed with, one in which the crew is sitting at a dining room table in an overrun city, and another a tense moment involving an Anti-Tank gunning for the protagonists in a big open field.

Shey Tapani
Is it worth watching in the theater?

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, it's worth watching, in the theaters, but John wick is what this movie wants to be.

Quincy
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, it's worth watching, in the theaters, but John wick is what this movie wants to be.

What...wait what?

jaden101
It was an odd but decent enough film. Acting is good for the poorly written characters they are given. The writing seems poor in terms of plot but I'm not sure if they were deliberately giving no context in order to show the viewer that the soldiers themselves were given very little direction other than "go there and do that" without knowing why.

Some brutal moments like someone getting obliterated when a tank shell smashes clean through them and their entire upper body just flies apart.

Visually it's spot on. Looks amazing.

Overall it gets a 7/10 from me.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Quincy
What...wait what?

I'm confused by his post too

they're too different movies.

Patient_Leech
I've heard some great things about this movie, so I plan to see it eventually.

ericjames
its a mediocre Movie

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Robtard
Theater I watched it in has superb sound (theater George Lucas Sound did there magic in for Episode 1 back in the day)

Which theater's this, Rob? Sounds worth a visit.

Time Immemorial
This movie is fcking awesome!!!!

Brad Pitt will be nominated!!

Insane Titan
Loved this movie, every actor played a good to great part.

Reflassshh
Thumbs up to Pitt and Bernthal's performances.

Good movie overall.

Time Immemorial
One of the best movies I have ever seen.

Quincy
Liked it that much eh? I loved the whole scene inside those two women's apartment. That dinner? That was damn good

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Quincy
Liked it that much eh? I loved the whole scene inside those two women's apartment. That dinner? That was damn good

Agreed bro!! That scene was pure genius.

I could not find it online but here is an amazing one as well

jUZKSYCREo8

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Which theater's this, Rob? Sounds worth a visit.

Sorry I missed this.

The "Century Cinema" in Corte Madera. It's a large single screen theater. Go while you can, some developer **** just bought the land and plans on tearing this beauty down to build a massive apartment complex.

TheVaultDweller
I really enjoyed this film. Good story and good performances from the cast. I am also a sucker for epic violent showdowns, so enjoyed the action sequences as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.