Jaden Korr Respect thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Jaden Korr Respect Thread

Hello, and welcome to my respect thread for Jaden Korr a jedi that is vastly underrated by many here in the kmc forum and elsewhere. a young jedi prodigy and hero of the sith cult crisis jaden korr is one of the most powerful jedi - who in my opinion could stand against the likes of Revan, Ulic Qel Droma and Plo Koon, however because of reasons unknown to me many simply dismiss the powerful jedi in all threads, which still astonishes me. so I've decided to make this thread in hopes of helping both old SW veterans and the new generation of SW readers understand that Jaden Korr is not some shmuck that's at the same level as cin drallig.

"You're the best student I've ever trained and a terrific Jedi." -Kyle Katarn

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110203032205/starwars/images/3/33/Korr-Riptide.jpg

POWERS

"Kyle's right. there are still missions for you to undertake and we can't neglect the training of one of our most promising students" Luke Skywalker. Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2. Jedi Academy."

"Ah, Katarn's good student. You're too late." Tavion Axmis. Jedi Knight: Jed Academy

"So you ran into Boba fett! I'm impressed, I ran into him once myself on corousant and just barely got out alive" Kyle Katarn after completing the weapons destruction mission on Ord Mantell

"Jaden you handled yourself exceptionally well on Vjun. To confront three Dark Jedi and defeat them took bravery and skill. for your efforts I feel you are read to join our ranks as a jedi knight" Luke Skywalker.

"Jaden stay back. Please, don't hurt me." Rosh Penin to Jaden. despite him being trained at the same time as Korr he still fear's korr's power.

TELEKINESIS

Throughout his various missions. Jaden Was often required - or more likely, Forced, to find a way across a certain area by using the force.

On the planet Tatooine during his mission to find a droid that recorded a conversation regarding the disciples of Marka Ragnos Jaden, was forced to use the force to move large containers in order to move forward. While many may not find it impressive the fact that he had to do it repeatedly and not tire himself out is impressive especially when you take into account the fact that he was a jedi initiate by this point(luke later grants him the rank of apprentice after hoth)

during his mission to Chandirilia Jaden Korr pushed a giant boulder out of his way with a gesture, it was enough to send the boulder flying at a unsuspecting Mercenary soldier and into the depth of the Chandirlian tomb.

at the battle of Korriban Jaden used his prowess with the telekinetic aspects of the force and brought down a giant pillar and used it as a makeshift bridge. A feat that could perhaps be compared to the Barsen'thor opening an colossal and very thick door.

during his various missions Jaden would often employ force push against missiles or powerful projectile, like during his escape from Dosuun and the imperial commander Rax Joris who would try to hunt Korr using the powerful Stouker concussion rifle, as well as redirecting the seeking missiles that the various foes along with the At-STs and the famed jedi Killer Boba Fett fired at the young jedi knight.

FORCE PROTECTION and ABSORBTION.

He was thought to be a very proficient user of the Force protect ability, which he used on the planet Vjun to a great extent in an effort to protect himself from the acid rain there.

Due to the continued pouring of Sith Cultist, acolytes and the like, Jaden like his master and other young jedi like him became proficient in his use of the force absorption technique and used it against powerful dark jedi like Alora, the Kothos twins and Tavion herself.

because of the growing danger that the imperial remnant along with the cultist posed to both the new Jedi order and the republic Jaden along with many other Jedi were trained in the Jedi healing ability.

FORCE LIGHTNING
Following in his master's foot steps, Jaden was highly proficient in the use of force lightning, his lightning powerful enough to send both blaster and force/lightsaber wielding opponents staggering or in the former's case flying backwards.

He also used this ability against the clone of the jedi master, Kam Sulusar. Alpha(I actually don't have the quote from the book sorry)

OTHER ABILITIES.

Cleanse
Korr had a highly uncommon power that was called Force Cleanse an ability which thoroughly eliminated any and all dark side energy from a object, he was able to use this ability to cleanse the lightsaber of the clone Alpha and let the force choose the color that best fit his position within the force and the jedi order.

FORCE SPEED
Having mastered all of his core abilities, Korr was extremely talented in using force speed, having used it to pass through a fast moving door as a Initiate, quickly getting out of the blast range of Wedge Antillie's shot as a apprentice and escaping a collapsing tomb on Chandrilia as jedi knight and he could even use the Force speed power to jump very long distances.

LIGHTSABER SKILL
As a lightsaber duelist Jaden Korr is said to "Echo his master" in terms of lightsaber prowess, Jaden much like his renowned master, Kyle Katarn. was skilled at fighting various opponent from having many blaster wielding opponents firing at him to fighting off multiple dark jedi/ force user's. he was known to employ the "Jack-Of-All-Trades" style - also known as the Medium style. the defensive/fast style as well as the strong style of lightsaber combat and even had some knowledge of Jar'kai

Despite having no formal training in lightsaber combat jaden defeated a sith cultist during the prologue of the Jedi Academy game. something I don't think anyone else has done(I might be wrong)

Jaden as a Jedi Initiate Jaden single handedly went through a platoon of imperial force on the planet Bakura. and while it is not that impressive he did this in the very early stages of his career as a jedi.

On the planet Hoth Jaden dueled against the apprentice of the dark jedi Tavion, who was highly skilled in the fast lightsaber style.

on Vjun Jaden dueled against his old friend - turned dark jedi, Rosh who was skilled in the strong form of lightsaber combat being highly amped by the top dark jedi of Tavion's cult the Kothos brother both of whom displayed an affinity with force lighting and force drain. Now it may seem somewhat impressive. not all that great when compared to Revan soloing an entire sith academy on Korriban and I'd agree with you, however it should be noted that Luke himself says that the dark side energy on Vjun is quote "Oppressive"

During his mission to Ord Mantell, Jaden was able to defeat the famed jedi killer and bounty hunter boba fett, who employed various weapons from conventional blaster, to deadly and powerful weapons like Missile launchers and his iconic flamethrower, the fact that Korr was able to defeat and force the bounty hunter to flee is very impressive as we all know Boba fett is no simple mercenary.

On Taspir III Jaden confronted and defeated Tavion's apprentice who by now had become a skilled user of the fast form of lightsaber combat and was highly skilled with the dual lightsaber form, Jar'Kai, as a duelist Alora is highly acrobatic, elegant and flexible warrior and was said to focus primarily on her lightsaber skills becoming second only to her master, she like her master displayed some proficiency with force lightning have struck lighting with a blast so powerful it sent him flying backwards. Alora was no joke.

On the battle of Korriban Jaden dueled against the dark jedi master. Tavion. who by this point had become a Master of the fast style variation of lightsaber combat, she would often employ attacks from different directions and acrobatics in an effort to overwhelm opponents. as a dark jedi master Tavion was highly skilled in the use of force lightning, which she used against Jaden and Kyle on Vjun seemingly injurying the two jedi. she was also able to use force push against Kyle pushing the jedi master into a large pillar.

Now perhaps something that i believe many fail to recognize, and to my dismay is ignored by everyone whose heard of Jaden Korr. And that would be his taking on many Dark Jedi/ Force User on the powerful dark side nexus that is Korriban, while many would argue that by the time that luke starts to rebuild the order, its power may have diminished, you cannot deny that defeating Dark Jedi who are also amped by the nexus as well as defeating Tavion AND Marka Ragnos on this Nexus is an impressive and LARGELY underrated feat for Jaden.

Hopefully whether you are new or already knowledgable of the SW universe you will have a broader view on Jaden Korr and perhaps this might help people not underestimate the young jedi prodigy. Thank You for reading.

PTforthewin
Finally, a respect thread for one of my favorite jedi

WildBantha88
nice thread man

FreshestSlice
Don't know if he's one of the most powerful, but he's definitely one of my favorite Jedi.

S_W_LeGenD
Not on the level of Revan and Barsen'thor by any stretch of imagination. Pulling down a large pillar is impressive but this is not on par with Barsen'thor's feat of utterly destroying a gigantic and thick structure. In addition, Barsen'thor once threw a bus sized multi-tonned object a long distance as if it was nothing.

Nonetheless, nice work. Yes, Jaden is quality material.

Q99
"Name the Jedi you have encountered."
"Jaden Korr."
"We know of him. He was apprenticed to Katarn and is, therefore, dangerous."
-Darth Wyyrlok the First warns Kell Douro (Anzat assassin) about Korr

He defeats Alpha, Kam Solusar's clone and leader of a community of force powerful clones due to his strength, in a duel as well.

PTforthewin
Yea, he's better then revan in my book

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nice thread though. Jaden is a very good/skilled/powerful jedi, especially at that age.

DarthAnt66
Nice work. thumb up Probably Vos level.

Nephthys
He's probably closer to a PT council member imo. Maybe Ki Adi Mundi?

PTforthewin
He's stronger then revan, that's for sure

Fated Xtasy
Found another TK feat for Korr.
During his rescue mission on Taspir Jaden finds Rosh and begins to questions his true motives, fearing for his life Rosh moves three large explosive cylinders and jaden effortlessly hurls them out of way.
link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjF0IMmdeUo

and a strength feat. as shown in the video Jaden is able to lift and throw Rosh with minimal effort.

Also perhaps one I think I feel should be mentioned but because it is the dark-sided path it is non-canon. is his using force push to throw two student(also shown in the link above) and he throws them with enough force to make a hole in a wall and break a pillar. like I said its non-canon, but it's still shows his TK could become very strong

PTforthewin
Did you even play the game?

PTforthewin
Get your sources from the game not a youtube video

Fated Xtasy
I have played the game you fool, where do you think I got all of the accolades from? I know jaden's feats and accolades like the back of hand. I'm even replaying the damn game to see if I missed anything, the video above is just a show of those feats that I mentioned. geez

DarthAnt66
Can you link me to where he collapses a pillar?

PTforthewin
Shut up you raging nerd

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
During the end game on Korriban, Jaden pushes down a huge stone obelisk with the Force. It uses in game mechanics, so I doubt it took so little effort lore wise.

PTforthewin
In the darkside ending he force pushed 2 other jedi into the wall with minimum effort

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by PTforthewin
In the darkside ending he force pushed 2 other jedi into the wall with minimum effort
Already been stated. It's in no way comparable to moving a giant piece of rock.

Arhael
He defeats Alpha, Kam Solusar's clone and leader of a community of force powerful clones due to his strength, in a duel as well.
He actually lost saber fight to Kam Solusar's clone quite soundly but still managed to kill him with his second saber. That was perhaps his lowest showing but I think it's due to his mind clouded with doubts at the time.

Fated Xtasy

Sure thing.Q2yY6FQOXpM its around minute 25.00

though it is Gameplay it's a REQUIREMENT as unless you use cheats in game you cannot get to the area through other means.

Nephthys
That pillars even bigger than I remember. O_o

FreshestSlice
Too be fair, the pillar is clearly broken. Still it's an amazing feat.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
That pillars even bigger than I remember. O_o

Lol that's exactly what I said when I replayed the entire damn game yesterday

Nephthys
Yeah, especially since just pushing it couldn't guarantee it would fall like that, so I'd imagine Jaden was exerting a bit of control. So it might not have been as effortless as in gameplay, but that should be considered too.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Lol that's exactly what I said when I replayed the entire damn game yesterday Because only Xtasy would replay the whole game just to find several pieces of evidence.

Fated Xtasy
Yeah, especially since just pushing it couldn't guarantee it would fall like that, so I'd imagine Jaden was exerting a bit of control. So it might not have been as effortless as in gameplay, but that should be considered too.

Hey Nephthys would you mind linking me your Respect threads for the Barsen'thor and the HoT pls I'm actually starting to change my stance on the two(especially given how much of an idiot I was on the Barsen'thor Vs Zayne Carrik lol) and I'd like to re-read all of that. Obviously IF you have the time, pls send em my way. Thanks smile

Nephthys
You can find all the respect threads in my profile. Just click on my name and scroll to the bottom. Theres a few other threads in there too.

Also ignore the crappy Nomi thread. Its so low-effort, blurgh! >_<

Q99
Originally posted by Arhael
He actually lost saber fight to Kam Solusar's clone quite soundly but still managed to kill him with his second saber. That was perhaps his lowest showing but I think it's due to his mind clouded with doubts at the time.

The original Kam is implied to be a strong member of the council, so if Alpha had his skill imprinted that's not too bad.

Fated Xtasy
Another Telekinesis feat for Jaden Korr I found while playing Jedi academy today.

While Jaden is exploring the planet Chandirlia he comes across a huge and thick door and opens it using the force here's a the vid.

DL5fEgSOBkg

12.50 to 13.00 as always it is a REQUIRMENT to pass through the door not an option as with out using cheat codes you cannot pass.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Lol that's exactly what I said when I replayed the entire damn game yesterday
Korr could have also have had aid by his companions in a realistic manner, could he not? Still, quite impressive of a feat.

Nephthys
You don't have companions in Jedi Academy.

And those Jedi can be killed by the sith nearby.

PTforthewin
I know, I walked around in Korriban and saw jedi fighting the reborns and I saw the jedis getting killed, and I had to do all the work

PTforthewin
Korr could have also have had aid by his companions in a realistic manner, could he not? Still, quite impressive of a feat. whats with all this companion bullshit? This isn't ****ing KOTOR

DarthAnt66
You don't have companions in Jedi Academy.

And those Jedi can be killed by the sith nearby.
I was referring to those Jedi over there, I didn't know what you call them.
I bought the game, but the story sucked so I put in Revan mods. wink

PTforthewin
Jaden > Revan

DarthAnt66
13. Revan
20. Jaden Korr

erm

PTforthewin
I looked back at there feats and I replayed KOTOR and JA and my opinion changed, Jaden is better

DarthAnt66
But you just said:
Because only Xtasy would replay the whole game just to find several pieces of evidence.
So you are contradicting yourself...
and there is no way you could replay both of those games it two days. erm

PTforthewin
I replayed JA with God mode cheat and I npc spawned a bunch of jedi and rebels to assist me.

DarthAnt66
lol

NewGuy01
He's probably closer to a PT council member imo. Maybe Ki Adi Mundi?

Quinlan is superior to much of the PT Councillors by the end of his arc, and I'm unconvinced Jaden is his superior.

Nephthys
I highly doubt that's true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.