Where clones cannon fodder?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
I don't think they are but I'm just wondering, you see many of them getting slaughtered except the main characters, in the first battle of geonosis in AOTC you can see the clone troopers firing at the battle droids without a single casualty (in the movie scene) and you see many droids go down. In the clone wars, you see many non-important clones die easily, you see them shooting for a few seconds then easily just fall instantly and die instantly, but whenever a important clone gets shot, for example commander thorn or fives, they survive for a longer period of time before dying. In nearly all of the battle episodes and arcs in the clone wars the clones seem to be at a losing edge in the beginning and then win at the end, during the battle of utupau you see the 212th attack battalion charge at the battle droids and many of them die. So what is your opinion?

FreshestSlice
You do realise that there will be casualties on both sides of a war right? And when most people, unless extremely exceptional, are shot in vital organs, they die instantly? Right?

Q99
Depends in part on the level of the clones. Elite commands less so, rank and file more often.

Cannon fodder is relative. Pretty much any close will be fodder to Grievous, but also do great against B1s.

Kalen Sykes
It might be worth pointing out that not all Jedi saw them as people. Some looked at them as expendable clones, as did the Republic at large. I don't think the clones were expendable, but I also doubt many were broken up about the high casualties. Even Rex makes a cynical comment that the Republic could always grow more of them.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
It might be worth pointing out that not all Jedi saw them as people. Some looked at them as expendable clones, as did the Republic at large. I don't think the clones were expendable, but I also doubt many were broken up about the high casualties. Even Rex makes a cynical comment that the Republic could always grow more of them.
Pong Krell for example.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
It might be worth pointing out that not all Jedi saw them as people. Some looked at them as expendable clones, as did the Republic at large. I don't think the clones were expendable, but I also doubt many were broken up about the high casualties. Even Rex makes a cynical comment that the Republic could always grow more of them. yea, that basically means their expendable but most of the clones (the battle ready clones before the battle of geonosis) had trained for 10 years, I think most if not, all of the clones are highly skilled soldiers, and some of the jedi where assholes such as Anakin or Pong krell who is said to have very high casualties in battle, I wonder who made those "casualties" probably Krell killed them all in battle.

FreshestSlice
How could they be training 10 years when all of them are only ten years old, and the rest were rushed out for the war effort?

As for Anakin, he was an unorthodox general, who often got the job done when others couldn't. He doesn't see the clones as expendable, he sees himself as invisible. Krell was actively sabotaging the 501st. There's a reason the clones would follow Anakin with little question and not Krell. Skywalker got results.

PTforthewin
Most of them where born in 32 BBY and they have accelerated aging so most of them where fully trained by 23-22 BBY.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
How could they be training 10 years when all of them are only ten years old, and the rest were rushed out for the war effort?

As for Anakin, he was an unorthodox general, who often got the job done when others couldn't. He doesn't see the clones as expendable, he sees himself as invisible. Krell was actively sabotaging the 501st. There's a reason the clones would follow Anakin with little question and not Krell. Skywalker got results.
What's also important that Fives pointed out was that while both Anakin and Krell were reckless, Anakin would fight on the front lines with them instead of staying in the back like Krell.

PTforthewin
Domino Squad > All

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Most of them where born in 32 BBY and they have accelerated aging so most of them where fully trained by 23-22 BBY.
No. It's made clear in TCW that plenty of clones are rushed to the frontlines before they completely finish training. Even if they weren't they didn't come out the tank with Phase I on.

PTforthewin
In season 3 episode 1, domino squad ( echo, fives, hevy, cut up, droidbait) where not rushed, the mercenary brain headed guy even wanted to transfer them into the clean up crew if they didn't succeed the training course, Shaak Ti gave them another chance though, I wouldn't call that rushing.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by PTforthewin
In season 3 episode 1, domino squad ( echo, fives, hevy, cut up, droidbait) where not rushed, the mercenary brain headed guy even wanted to transfer them into the clean up crew if they didn't succeed the training course, Shaak Ti gave them another chance though, I wouldn't call that rushing.
Every single clone is not a part of Domino, so what is your point?

PTforthewin
I know, I was making a example.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.