Silver Surfer Vs. Thor Slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geeker
Fist to fist, who wins?

Insane Titan
Thor wins, Surfer can hold his own via amping

-Pr-
Thor.

pym-ftw
Thor solidly

Mindship
Thor, for sure, but not so easily. Surfer has incredible durability (he's easily endured blows, eg, from non-WB Hulks, better than Thor typically has); and IIRC, a weakened Surfer took down the Abomination readily enough. Thor's biggest advantage, imho: he's a warrior, a fighter at heart. Surfer's about as far from that mindset as one can get.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thor solidly

h1a8
If Thor wins then it ain't easy. Surfer has shown some power with his punches and he has taken some hits. Thor has better damage soak (getting damaged and staying in battle) while Surfer has a greater natural durability.

Geeker
Originally posted by h1a8
If Thor wins then it ain't easy. Surfer has shown some power with his punches and he has taken some hits. Thor has better damage soak (getting damaged and staying in battle) while Surfer has a greater natural durability.

So we are concluding that the Surfers glaze is not as durable as Thors' physiology and he is not as strong or durable as Firelord who has gone toe to toe and fist to fist with Thor.

golem370
Thor wins via mind aka warriors mind

zopzop
This is a forum fight yes?

Surfer all day.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by zopzop
This is a forum fight yes?

Surfer all day.
http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/5k/ki/ir/o-rofl_big.gif

h1a8
Originally posted by Geeker
So we are concluding that the Surfers glaze is not as durable as Thors' physiology and he is not as strong or durable as Firelord who has gone toe to toe and fist to fist with Thor.

Surfer is definitely more durable but has a glass jaw (doesn't have the damage soak or ability to still fight with high damage).

I would say Surfer is just as strong or stronger in punching power based off his fight with Bill. I don't see Thor or Firelord doing that to Bill even with Mjolnir.

Firelord was using his staff when fighting Thor (especially to hit Mjolnir away). It makes no sense that Surfer is weaker than any herald of Galactus (especially with his ability to know how to amp).

carver9
Don't know about this one. Surfer has some insane combat showings. One that came to mind is his Bill showing. Another is Abraxas and his fight against an amped Skaar who was pulling power from an entire planet. Then Thor Mjlonir strikes in their last fight really didn't do much to Surfer but he did dent his head with a head bunt. I think this one is a good fight.

Is Surfer allowed to amp?

Geeker
Originally posted by carver9
Don't know about this one. Surfer has some insane combat showings. One that came to mind is his Bill showing. Another is Abraxas and his fight against an amped Skaar who was pulling power from an entire planet. Then Thor Mjlonir strikes in their last fight really didn't do much to Surfer but he did dent his head with a head bunt. I think this one is a good fight.

Is Surfer allowed to amp?

I don't see why Surfer can't amp Carver.

Decimus
Thor beats Norrin at least 8/10 hand to hand as per usual

h1a8
Originally posted by Decimus
Thor beats Norrin at least 8/10 hand to hand as per usual

Yes Thor is more skilled. But isn't a slugfeat trade for trade? Or is that something else?

Delta1938
Originally posted by h1a8
Yes Thor is more skilled. But isn't a slugfeat trade for trade? Or is that something else?

I could be wrong, but my understanding of a slugfest is they're just throwing punches until one goes down, not taking turns throwing punches.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Delta1938
I could be wrong, but my understanding of a slugfest is they're just throwing punches until one goes down, not taking turns throwing punches. No, it is punch for punch. One guy punches then the other responds to the ratio is always 1:1 until someone goes down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.