Street fighter storyline tier list

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

emporerpants
Does anyone know how tough everyone is in cannon? Where does Ryu rate, both in what's shown and in potential?

LLLLLink
I dont know too much about SF, but I always assumed it was this. Somebody correct me, because Im sure its not accurate, but its a start.

Gouki/Akuma (Shin, Oni, etc.)
Cody Travers
Evil Ryu
Guy

I know Akuma kicked a submarine in half and has an island punching destruction feat. I always thought he was the strongest.

MidnightSpectre
@Link-Cody isn't exactly that strong,he should be around Guile's caliber,same with Guy. But anyway,here's my list from what I know...

From Strongest to Weakest.

Tier 1: Akuma,Oro,Gouken,Gill,M.Bison(SFA3).
Tier 2: Ryu,Sagat,M.Bison.
Tier 3: Ken,Juri,Gen,Rose,Charlie,Urien,Seth.
Tier 4: Chun-Li,Guile,Vega,Abel,C.Viper,Guy,Cody.
Tier 5: Dhalsim,Zangief,Sakura,Cammy,Balrog,Adon,Hugo,Alex
,T.Hawk,Rufus.
Tier 6: The Dolls(Seperately),Dudley,Necro,Hakan,Yun,Yang.
Tier 7: Blanka,El Furete,Fei-Long,Makoto,Ibuki,Dee Jay.
Tier 8: Elena,Remy,R.Mika.
Tier 9: Dan,Sean.

Bignose30
Originally posted by MidnightSpectre
@Link-Cody isn't exactly that strong,he should be around Guile's caliber,same with Guy. But anyway,here's my list from what I know...

From Strongest to Weakest.

Tier 1: Akuma,Oro,Gouken,Gill,M.Bison(SFA3).
Tier 2: Ryu,Sagat,M.Bison.
Tier 3: Ken,Juri,Gen,Rose,Charlie,Urien,Seth.
Tier 4: Chun-Li,Guile,Vega,Abel,C.Viper,Guy,Cody.
Tier 5: Dhalsim,Zangief,Sakura,Cammy,Balrog,Adon,Hugo,Alex
,T.Hawk,Rufus.
Tier 6: The Dolls(Seperately),Dudley,Necro,Hakan,Yun,Yang.
Tier 7: Blanka,El Furete,Fei-Long,Makoto,Ibuki,Dee Jay.
Tier 8: Elena,Remy,R.Mika.
Tier 9: Dan,Sean. Shouldn't Juri be around tier 2? She had some pretty nice feats in the movie.

LLLLLink
Didnt Cody kick Ryu's ass in that comic or something though? Also, Oni acknowledges Cody in SF4 doesnt he? I dunno, I'm vague on remembering it.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Bignose30
Shouldn't Juri be around tier 2? She had some pretty nice feats in the movie.

Not really. She hasn't done anything that matches Ryu, Sagat or peak (non A3) Bison.

Infact, her being around Gen's level is fairly generous. although I'd question Charlie's placement in tier 3 more.

Originally posted by LLLLLink
Didnt Cody kick Ryu's ass in that comic or something though? Also, Oni acknowledges Cody in SF4 doesnt he? I dunno, I'm vague on remembering it.

Not really. The reason Cody gets hyped is because he faces more mooks simultaneously at regular intervals. But IIRC he hasn't trashed anyone truly skilled. By that I mean any of the universes higher tiers. Ryu did go Satsui No Hadou, but that was because of situational circumstances. Current Ryu rips Cody to pieces.

As for the Oni Aknowlegement, I'm unfamiliar with that, but even if it were true, it doesn't overcome Cody's lack of actual achievement.

Meioh_Hades
I agree with MidnightSpectre's list. Seems pretty accurate for me.

I think that Tier 3 is good for Juri. In the movie she demonstrated A LOT of raw power, but to me she seems quite "unfocused".

And since she got some problems fighting Chun Li and Guile, I don't think she's 2 tiers above them.

Iirc Capcom prised a lot Charlie's powers, like the ability to throw Sonic Boom with every limb (canonwise Guile needs both hands and great focus to trow just one of them). However i place him in "low" tier 3.

Pretty sure that Urien, Gen or Seth are stronger than Charlie, but he seems better than Chun-li or Guile.

NemeBro
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Didnt Cody kick Ryu's ass in that comic or something though? Also, Oni acknowledges Cody in SF4 doesnt he? I dunno, I'm vague on remembering it. Ryu punked Cody in a comic actually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.