District 9 Sequel possibility

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
This is pretty interesting, he turned down Star Wars, moving forward with District 10.

I like his work a lot, I hope to see more of it.

http://collider.com/district-10-news-neill-blomkamp-star-wars/

quanchi112
I didn't care much for District 9 or this director.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by quanchi112
I didn't care much for District 9 or this director.

I liked the lead actor, hes pretty good.

Robtard
I think this was posted before months back, but D9 was a solid SciFi. Looking forward to a sequel especially considering it's the same director.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
I think this was posted before months back, but D9 was a solid SciFi. Looking forward to a sequel especially considering it's the same director. It was overrated but not surprised you'd love it.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
It was overrated but not surprised you'd love it.

Calm down; stop obsessing over which movies I like and stop trying to derail every thread. Thanks.

Time Immemorial
laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Calm down; stop obsessing over which movies I like and stop trying to derail every thread. Thanks. You have bad taste. Just move on already. Let it go.

Robtard
Reported for derailing

Lestov16
Loved this film and would love a sequel, even though if it is about Chris bringing reinforcements, then it will pretty much be a live-action adaptation of Destroy All Humans.

BruceSkywalker
i liked district 9, if they actually and finally do district 10 i will go see

Ridley_Prime
Just rewatched the movie for the first time in years since they put it back on Netflix, and still holds up real well. Afterward I looked up the status of a sequel to answer my curiosity, and lo and behold, Neill Blomkamp confirmed that there is one now in the works, albeit, was last year that it got brought up, but it is happening apparently.

https://www.nme.com/news/film/a-sequel-to-district-9-is-in-the-works-2112731

Anyone who doesn't like it can go back to talking about the millionth generic superhero movie.

StiltmanFTW
I loved it.

Hard to believe it was in the theaters almost 10 f*cking years ago.

Flyattractor
That Chappie Movie is as close to a D9 Sequel I bet we ever git.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Just rewatched the movie for the first time in years since they put it back on Netflix, and still holds up real well. Afterward I looked up the status of a sequel to answer my curiosity, and lo and behold, Neill Blomkamp confirmed that there is one now in the works, albeit, was last year that it got brought up, but it is happening apparently.

https://www.nme.com/news/film/a-sequel-to-district-9-is-in-the-works-2112731

Anyone who doesn't like it can go back to talking about the millionth generic superhero movie.

hmmmm... if this turns out to be true, id be happy however 10+ years for a sequel might be too late

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Flyattractor
That Chappie Movie is as close to a D9 Sequel I bet we ever git.

Sadly, you're probably right...

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
hmmmm... if this turns out to be true, id be happy however 10+ years for a sequel might be too late

It's never too late. Just look and Unbreakable... almost 20 years ago and we still got Split and Glass is next.

I also have doubts it'll happen, though. Last rumour about it is from July, 2017?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Stilts just died a little inside...

BrolyBlack
Man this thread was made by a champ

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

It's never too late. Just look and Unbreakable... almost 20 years ago and we still got Split and Glass is next.

I also have doubts it'll happen, though. Last rumour about it is from July, 2017?

i'm looking forward to glass even though i've only seen split, but yea you're right

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Man this thread was made by a champ

lol lol lol

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i'm looking forward to glass even though i've only seen split, but yea you're right

You haven't seen Unbreakable?

Go see it on youtube or something, it's amazing and unique.

Kazenji
Still haven't seen this movie all the way through and from what i've seen of it was meh, Least favorite movie from Neil Blomkamp.

Ridley_Prime
Easy to get that impression if you haven't watched the whole thing. The climax/final act saves it.

Kazenji
Meh....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.