Mass Effect Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218

Lord Lucien
Why can't Keith David be Anderson?

And where's Garrus?

Firefly218
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

And where's Garrus?

You're right, Keith David would actually work. Denzel is still better though.

I didn't try casting the aliens. For Garrus, Grunt, Rex, Tali Zorah etc... I have no idea

wakkawakkawakka
Why does Shepard automatically have to be a dude? No suggestions for a femshep?

Firefly218
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Why does Shepard automatically have to be a dude? No suggestions for a femshep?

Emilia Clarke (GoT) or Emily Blunt maybe. After playing the trilogy with male Shepard, seeing him female is just awkward.

wakkawakkawakka
But the thing is that Shepard doesn't have a canon gender. Casting him at all is going to upset a few fans regardless. So it's best to have variety in casting options.

Firefly218
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
But the thing is that Shepard doesn't have a canon gender. Casting him at all is going to upset a few fans regardless. So it's best to have variety in casting options.

That's true, but I think the majority of fans would be satisfied with a male Shepard. Male is default Shepard anyways, and the movies can establish Canon.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Firefly218
That's true, but I think the majority of fans would be satisfied with a male Shepard. Male is default Shepard anyways, and the movies can establish Canon. Establishing canon is the worst thing the movies could do.

Lord Lucien
Bale doesn't have the charisma, Fassbender is too... Fassbendery. I don't know anything about Fox.

Firefly218
Originally posted by NemeBro
Establishing canon is the worst thing the movies could do.

Why?

Firefly218
Universal may have announced the release date for a Mass Effect movie

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/14/universal-may-have-just-announced-the-mass-effect-movie

Reflassshh
Will suck.

Spawningpool
I feel like I know this movie will suck

Firefly218
Not with the right people behind it.

Spawningpool
I disagree because they had mark walburg in max Payne still sucked same thing with doom

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

And where's Garrus?

I have reach: I should play Garrus.

Robtard
I nominate Charlize Theron for a female Shepard

If they go with a female lead, they'll probably cast Michelle Rodriguez just to spite me

Impediment
Seth Green should be Joker.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Impediment
Seth Green should be Joker.
I laughed so hard when I saw this

Robtard
How hard?

Firefly218
Seth Green would be a great Joker. He voiced the character and is a damn good comic relief actor.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Robtard
How hard?
Hard enough

dadudemon
Originally posted by dadudemon
I have reach: I should play Garrus.

Damn you filthy plebs for not getting this:

xocKGaw0kxE

babyboxoffice
This movie going to be most heroic movie

Firefly218
Shephard was originally female

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/01/10/turns-out-mass-effect-s-commander-shepard-was-originally-designed-as-a-woman-2574284?lt_source=external,manual

Tzeentch
Emilia Clarke (GoT) or Emily Blunt maybe. After playing the trilogy with male Shepard, seeing him female is just awkward. Emilia Clark would be a terrible Shepard, imo. FemShep has a very... "hard" quality to her face and mannerisms. Clarke is too pouty/feminine. Even when she's being a ***** in GoT, it's more of a haughty princess type bitchiness.

Originally posted by Robtard
I nominate Charlize Theron for a female Shepard

If they go with a female lead, they'll probably cast Michelle Rodriguez just to spite me I would watch the hell out of a Charlize Theron ME flick.

And a Michelle Rodriguez one too, just to spite you. thumb up

EDIT- I'd have thrown Milla Jovovich into the hat, pre-Resident Evil corruption. Now I'm not sure she remembers how to act.

Firefly218
What do you guys think about a Mass Effect TV show on HBO or AMC? Seems like an awesome idea.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/06/04/can-a-mass-effect-show-cast-the-right-commander-shepard-3277647?lt_source=external,manual

Iain Glen who plays Jorah in Game of Thrones would be an awesome Garrus

Surtur
I'd rather a tv show. I think there is far too much back story, etc. to properly get out in a movie.

quanchi112
Movie.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Surtur
I'd rather a tv show. I think there is far too much back story, etc. to properly get out in a movie.

thumb up

Adam Grimes
An AMC tv show would be the idyllic choice. HBO is shit.

Quan's opinion kind of validates this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
An AMC tv show would be the idyllic choice. HBO is shit.

Quan's opinion kind of validates this. HBO has the best shows on television. Game of thrones, True Detective, etc.

Still this serves best as a film.

Firefly218
Originally posted by quanchi112
HBO has the best shows on television. Game of thrones, True Detective, etc.

Still this serves best as a film.
The complex backstory, shitload of intriguing quests and epically extravagant story would best be served by a high budget TV show.

Had Game of Thrones been made into a movie rather than a tv show it wouldn't have reached the same heights.

Adam Grimes
HBO has the best shows on television. Game of thrones, True Detective, etc.

Still this serves best as a film. Not even close, imo.

If they took the LotR path with an expensive, long and epic trilogy; maybe. But it would be hard af.

quanchi112
The complex backstory, shitload of intriguing quests and epically extravagant story would best be served by a high budget TV show.

Had Game of Thrones been made into a movie rather than a tv show it wouldn't have reached the same heights. I do not see mass effect as the same as game of thrones. I think game of thrones should end with a movie though.

Firefly218
I do not see mass effect as the same as game of thrones. I think game of thrones should end with a movie though.
Game of Thrones is still more massive, but the Mass Effect story is also pretty damn massive. The screen writer who tried to write the mass effect movie talked in an interview of the troubles trying to condense such an expansive and rich story. Ultimately the writers couldn't churn out a great movie script.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Not even close, imo.

If they took the LotR path with an expensive, long and epic trilogy; maybe. But it would be hard af. Ill take HBO any day of the week over amc.

I disagree. One hit is all they need to sprout legs into a sci fi movie franchise. Easier said than done but there's gotta be more room than just Trek and Wars at this point.

I refuse to acknowledge Transformers at this point.

quanchi112
Game of Thrones is still more massive, but the Mass Effect story is also pretty damn massive. The screen writer who tried to write the mass effect movie talked in an interview of the troubles trying to condense such an expansive and rich story. Ultimately the writers couldn't churn out a great movie script. I am sure it isn't easy but I believe it can be done.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.