Most Significant James Cameron Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
James Cameron has had a great career, with numerous blockbusters and Oscar nominations. I know is popular to bash Avatar nowadays, but I honestly think that it's the most significant of all his movies. Not only did it break box office barriers thought unreachable, and touch lots of hearts, but it also ushered in a new era of 3D, CGI and visual effects.

What do you guys think? What was the most influential, significant James Cameron Movie to cinematic history? Which was his best movie?

steverules_2
His best movie in my opinion was a tie between Terminator 2 and Aliens

Tzeentch
Originally posted by steverules_2
His best movie in my opinion was a tie between Terminator 2 and Aliens thumb up

Gonna vote Aliens though, since the death of the black man wasn't quite as pathetic in that one.

BruceSkywalker
Terminator 2

Lord Lucien
Influential in what ways?

The influence of Titanic and Avatar's gargantuan sales were certainly substantial.
The influence of half his film's SFX (for each's time) was substantial.
The influence of Titanic on Leonardo DiCaprio's career was substantial.

Firefly218
Greatest contribution to cinema.

Lord Lucien
Define what specifically constitutes cinema? It's not a one-word thing.

It's T2, probably, if we're considering cinema as an evolving concept. The chronology would matter then. Aliens and The Abyss had some good SFX, but T2 arguably had more/better. And it's immense popularity so early on (relatively) would shape the industry in innumerable ways. It also furthered Arnold's career, so there's that. Titanic and Avatar were like OMGz with the SFX, but I'd say that T2's success in that field (and the box office because of the SFX, no doubt]) allowed Titanic and Avatar to happen.

Honestly, aside from Avatar's box office and it's admittedly very beautiful imagery, it won't be so fondly remembered as other Cameron films. Not even Titanic.

Dude111
Originally posted by steverules_2
His best movie in my opinion was a tie between Terminator 2 and Aliens After seeing ALL 4 ALIEN MOVIES I would definetly say ALIEN!!!!! (With #4 being the best of them all)

1 - Excellent
2 - Excellent
3 - Weak but still good
4 - Super!

fostersAccount
Pretty sure I read somewhere that television manufacturers have stopped producing 3d and are now focusing on 4k instead.

3D is dead.

Also.. to the guy above, the first alien was ridley scott. wtf lol

playa1258
Terminator because it launched his career. Without that film we don' get the rest.

Time Immemorial
Terminator/Alien

fostersAccount
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Alien

mad

jinXed by JaNx
For as much as Aliens has inspired other filmmakers in the industry I don't think there is any arguing that Terminator 2 is his most relevant movie. It may not be the most relevant in his personal career but I think the impact it had is the most relevant.

Kazenji
If only he made the third Terminator....

Dr Will Hatch
Piranha II: The Spawning

Zack Fair
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Terminator 2

Firefly218
Originally posted by Kazenji
If only he made the third Terminator....

If James Cameron made the third Terminator, I'm confident that the Terminator trilogy would be in discussion as the greatest of all time.

Kazenji
I know he sorta regrets selling off the movie rights & of course has to live with it

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/james-cameron-talks-upcoming-terminator-films-spider-man-and-avatar-sequels-504

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.