Thor with no hammer vs Ghost Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Who wins this ?

riv6672
The Hammer pretty much just focuses his natural abilities and grants him flight. Plus, he gets to hit things with it, which is cool.
He still beats GR without it.

carver9
They just fought and Ghost Rider was winning. Thor had the Avengers backing him. Ghost wins. Can't remember if Ghost Rider was amped or not by Mojo.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by riv6672
The Hammer pretty much just focuses his natural abilities and grants him flight. Plus, he gets to hit things with it, which is cool.

No he doesn't. Without mjolnir he's at a serious disadvantage power wise. A competent Rider (Ketch or Blaze) annihilates him. Not sure about the female or the new guy

eaebiakuya
Ghost Rider can be KO'ed ?

abhilegend
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Yes.

Supermutant
Originally posted by eaebiakuya

And so can Thor.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/67956/1261826-555443_58148822kw4_super.jpg

riv6672
Originally posted by Sin I AM
No he doesn't.
Yes he does. Without Mjolnir he's just got that much more reason to simply beat the snot out of GR.

Trackz
Originally posted by carver9
They just fought and Ghost Rider was winning. Thor had the Avengers backing him. Ghost wins. Can't remember if Ghost Rider was amped or not by Mojo. that was ghost rider unleashed, the same one that almost took down world war hulk. Regular Ghost Rider isn't as powerful.

The Sorrow
He didn't "almost take down" Hulk, the hellfire blast caused him pain but Hulk powered through it like he did everything else in that arc.

Thor should win on average.

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Supermutant
And so can Thor.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/67956/1261826-555443_58148822kw4_super.jpg

I don't know why, but I find this incredibly hilarious.

Damn.

MF DELPH
Also, on the Thor without Hammer not being an issue tip, Mjolnir doesn't just provide a focus for his inherent abilities, it also grants him abilities like matter manipulation, the ability to open portals, energy manipulations, erecting forcefields, etc. Taking away Mjolnir takes away a great deal of Thor's offensive abilities, and practically all of his defensive abilities beyond his natural damage soak and durability. Ghostrider could likely just barrage him with intensr hellfire and take him out without his ability to deflect it with Mjolnir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
They just fought and Ghost Rider was winning. Thor had the Avengers backing him. Ghost wins. Can't remember if Ghost Rider was amped or not by Mojo.

Yes Ghost Rider seemed to be winning but:

- That was Zarathos, not Ghost Rider with a host.
- It's power was increasing enormously due not only to the Sins of the Avengers but because Mojo World was a planet full of unimaginable Sin or whatever*

*I've never seen Ghost Rider or the Spirit of Vengeance feeding on Sin but Mojo said he augmented the Supernatural Avengers (Including Ghost Rider). Not sure if it's an artificial upgrade or just a random plot power up from Remender.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Supermutant
And so can Thor.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/67956/1261826-555443_58148822kw4_super.jpg Maybe showing thor getting knocked out would have made sense

Mjolnir's callback force wasn't enough to make GR's attack worth much and we've seen that same thing tear through amped Thing

Sin I AM
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Also, on the Thor without Hammer not being an issue tip, Mjolnir doesn't just provide a focus for his inherent abilities, it also grants him abilities like matter manipulation, the ability to open portals, energy manipulations, erecting forcefields, etc. Taking away Mjolnir takes away a great deal of Thor's offensive abilities, and practically all of his defensive abilities beyond his natural damage soak and durability. Ghostrider could likely just barrage him with intensr hellfire and take him out without his ability to deflect it with Mjolnir.

Thor has shown the ability to do those things iirc but that was decades ago and one time showings

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ghostrider could likely just barrage him with intensr hellfire and take him out without his ability to deflect it with Mjolnir.

Thor's resistance to extremes, even hellfire, can be pretty damn crazy.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/73849/1669115-thor_hellfire.jpg

There's more showings against even more powerful beings (Mephisto, Surtur, Pluto etc.) but that's a cool scene so whatever.

In regards to this fight, it depends. Thor can crush Ghost Rider but if Blaze goes all-out his regeneration (Depending on the writer anyways) is pretty much unlimited.

Enough damage can take him out obviously, so Thor can probably take him out with a lightning bolt and so on but that's an extreme.

I guess Ghost Rider could possibly wear Thor down but I have a hard time seeing him doing so.

DarkSaint85
Lol in the second box on the bottom, it looks like 'Nippelheim'.

Sure puts the horrors of the nether realms into perspective.

StiltmanFTW
laughing

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's resistance to extremes, even hellfire, can be pretty damn crazy.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/73849/1669115-thor_hellfire.jpg

There's more showings against even more powerful beings (Mephisto, Surtur, Pluto etc.) but that's a cool scene so whatever.

In regards to this fight, it depends. Thor can crush Ghost Rider but if Blaze goes all-out his regeneration (Depending on the writer anyways) is pretty much unlimited.

Enough damage can take him out obviously, so Thor can probably take him out with a lightning bolt and so on but that's an extreme.

I guess Ghost Rider could possibly wear Thor down but I have a hard time seeing him doing so.

Hmm...

Kinda looks like in that first panel that Thor sticks Mjolnir out into the path of the incoming eye blast of hellfire, but this isn't really a point (or topic) I want to nitpick, so meh.

And in the other scene Thor catches Mjolnir in his hand, Ghost Rider and his bike slammed into Thor using Mjolnir's inertia.

Still taking Ghost Rider with a Mjolnir-less Thor.

leonidas
Hmm...

Kinda looks like in that first panel that Thor sticks Mjolnir out into the path of the incoming eye blast of hellfire, but this isn't really a point (or topic) I want to nitpick, so meh.

And in the other scene Thor catches Mjolnir in his hand, Ghost Rider and his bike slammed into Thor using Mjolnir's inertia.

i thought the same, and i agree. i'd take gr in this.

MF DELPH
I'd also like to add that, regardless of any evidence that is provided from this point forward, I'll maintain that Ghost Rider wins simply because it'll piss off Rage.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/OYt78FWfa5M/hqdefault.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hmm...

I can see what you mean but the Hell-Fire engulfed his entire body and he ended up walking through it....

I mean, it's outright said by Thor that the Hell-Fire is so useless so the intent of the scene should be clear.

Why? Ghost Rider would often lose if not outright get crushed. If you take him at his best, sure he probably wins, but then you have to take Thor at his best.....

Also:
http://s24.postimg.org/l7u4gl52p/Thor_1981_310_15.jpg http://s24.postimg.org/e0sfkpu5t/Thor_1981_310_16.jpg http://s24.postimg.org/cvydfc7ox/Thor_1981_310_17.jpg http://s24.postimg.org/8qngtf9wx/Thor_1981_310_18.jpg http://s24.postimg.org/mujc1th4h/Thor_1981_310_19.jpg http://s24.postimg.org/awhrnxddd/Thor_1981_310_20.jpg

cdtm

If that's all it did, it never would have powered up BRB.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by cdtm
If that's all it did, it never would have powered up BRB.

Bill became a lot more powerful with Stormbreaker/Mjolnir but Thor is not Bill.

cdtm
Bill became a lot more powerful with Stormbreaker/Mjolnir but Thor is not Bill.

Yeah, but just saying if Mjolnir was only good as a focus medium, it never would have powered up Bill.

We've seen it power up others, too.

Simonson did mention that the powering up effect doesn't stack, though. Like, if Bill was 90% of Thor without the hammer, he'd be 100% with it, and no more then that.

MF DELPH
I can see what you mean but the Hell-Fire engulfed his entire body and he ended up walking through it....

I mean, it's outright said by Thor that the Hell-Fire is so useless so the intent of the scene should be clear.

Why? Ghost Rider would often lose if not outright get crushed. If you take him at his best, sure he probably wins, but then you have to take Thor at his best.....

Also:
http://s24.postimg.org/l7u4gl52p/Thor_1981_310_15.jpg http://s24.postimg.org/e0sfkpu5t/Thor_1981_310_16.jpg http://s24.postimg.org/cvydfc7ox/Thor_1981_310_17.jpg http://s24.postimg.org/8qngtf9wx/Thor_1981_310_18.jpg http://s24.postimg.org/mujc1th4h/Thor_1981_310_19.jpg http://s24.postimg.org/awhrnxddd/Thor_1981_310_20.jpg

What is Thor's best showing without Mjolnir in his possession?

Branlor Swift
Off the top of my mind, probably killing Durok

safado
I generally think of thor without mjolnir as meh, in Asgard everyone but Odin is portrayed as a warrior who depends on a weapon and is is else's without it.

Nevertheless no ghost rider should by rights beat Thor. Gr should be a nuisance at best

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by safado
I generally think of thor without mjolnir as meh, in Asgard everyone but Odin is portrayed as a warrior who depends on a weapon and is is else's without it.

Lol.

Can you tell that he's a Superman fan?

abhilegend
Ghost Rider does win though. I can't remember the last time a top tier beating him.

thumb up

quanchi112
Lol.

Can you tell that he's a Superman fan? laughing out loud

cdtm
Originally posted by abhilegend
Ghost Rider does win though. I can't remember the last time a top tier beating him.

thumb up

Possessed Daredevil. evil face

abhilegend
Originally posted by cdtm
Possessed Daredevil. evil face
That wasn't with his fists though.

schmoll

celeyhyga17
What is Thor's best showing without Mjolnir in his possession?
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Off the top of my mind, probably killing Durok
Same arc he was outright curbstomping Loki and Fenris who both had Mjolnir level weapons with his bare hands.

riv6672
Bingo. Thor is still a class 100 guy without the hammer.

yaadaveyaa

give thor the hammer and GR can still pull wins... penance stare for the ma ****in win

riv6672
If Thor doesnt think he's done anything wrong, the penance stare wont do anything.
The stare was used on Punisher to no effect.

MF DELPH
But in character/canon we know Thor has doubts and guilt about many of his past actions. As a matter of fact, he was such a dick at one point that Odin banished him from Asgard and turned him into Donald Blake to teach him humility in order for Thor to redeem himself. When Thor reaches his Avengers Era age I think the Penance Stare would work on him because he himself feels remorse for the actions of his past. When he was Prince Thor (Pre-Mjolnir Early 20s Thor) I think he probably was in the mindset that all his actions were justified by virtue of him being a God and a Warrior, so anything would go.

Anyway, Current Thor certainly thinks he's had wrongdoing in his past.

yaadaveyaa
But in character/canon we know Thor has doubts and guilt about many of his past actions. As a matter of fact, he was such a dick at one point that Odin banished him from Asgard and turned him into Donald Blake to teach him humility in order for Thor to redeem himself. When Thor reaches his Avengers Era age I think the Penance Stare would work on him because he himself feels remorse for the actions of his past. When he was Prince Thor (Pre-Mjolnir Early 20s Thor) I think he probably was in the mindset that all his actions were justified by virtue of him being a God and a Warrior, so anything would go.

agreed as many wars as he has waged there has to be some of that in there some where it would certainly work.

riv6672
Fact is some people are immune. I'm thinking Thor, a noble warrior god, has a good chance of being so.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Anyway, Current Thor certainly thinks he's had wrongdoing in his past. Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
agreed as many wars as he has waged there has to be some of that in there some where it would certainly work.

Except Punisher has shown remorse over the years.

So Thor being a strong-willed warrior alone gives him some leeway.

Then we have Venom resisting the penance stare twice I believe (Once recently and in the 90's IIRC) because he's too "alien" or whatever nonsense.

Thor being an entity from beyond Earth gives him some more possibility of resistance.

Next we come to the fact that Thor's an Asgardian God of immense power, in particular his essence/spirit/soul and we've seen him resist some spectacular shit ranging from Mephisto's touch to Adam Warlock's Soul Gem blast.

To say that the Penance Stare is a guaranteed win against Thor in light of this is very hard to believe.

The Penance Stare might be able to hurt Thor (I find it hard to believe it will take him out) but it could very well negatively affect Ghost Rider.

Mindset
Ghost Rider phucking recks Thor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Ghost Rider phucking recks Thor. Wake up already you're having a bad dream.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
Wake up already you're having a bad dream. Ghost Rider would beat Thanos to death with Khan's mangled corpse.

And since Thor is only slightly more powerful than that pruned face fuccboi, GR would reck him too.

riv6672
Fact is some people are immune. I'm thinking Thor, a noble warrior god, has a good chance of being so.
Still going with the above.
Physically Thor can wreck GR. Penance stare is an iffy fall back for folks not willing to give hammerless Thor the win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Ghost Rider would beat Thanos to death with Khan's mangled corpse.

And since Thor is only slightly more powerful than that pruned face fuccboi, GR would reck him too. Do not wake up from this fantasy because when you do I will be standing over your bed and going to murder you.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do not wake up from this fantasy because when you do I will be standing over your bed and going to murder you. laughing out loud

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
i thought the same, and i agree. i'd take gr in this.

But then he is engulfed by the flames, so that theory kind of gets tossed to the curb. Never realized it, but the Rider is pretty badass all the same.

riv6672
Ha, too many inside jokes for me to keep up. laughing out loud

Still take Thor over GR.

Raisen
GR is a challenge for Thor with Mjolnir. Without Mjolnir, Thor loses at least 6/10

LeonBuco666
If Thor doesnt think he's done anything wrong, the penance stare wont do anything.
The stare was used on Punisher to no effect.

laughing out loud

Thats false.

I have already told you that if the target has inflicted pain, he will feel it.

LeonBuco666
Im going with GR.

Shocked to see no one has spoke on that chain of his, deadly.

riv6672
Originally posted by LeonBuco666

I have already told you that if the target has inflicted pain, he will feel it.

And i've already SHOWN you you're wrong/exaggerating/lying/dismissing facts you dont care for to make a point.

This is one of the earliest examples of the recent wave of GR threads over the last few weeks.
One thing i've found funny is, with you in particular leading the charge, how his power set has continuously expanded in relation to the credible arguments against GR that have been made.
If he was as strong in the first GR thread as he is now, it would have received 0 replies! laughing out loud

I get it man, you like GR. Let it go, he's not invincible. You're starting to give Superman fanboys a good name....wink

LeonBuco666
The chain in fact, can turn GR into a hell lords dominatrix, binding them and leaving them helpless.

Johnny CAN channel the spirit of vengence, he can access all of Zarathos' power and still remain in control.

He can also create a ridiculous amount of clones, equal in power.
The amount isnt known. He done this when he decided to wage war against mephisto

I repeat, the ****ing PS affects those who have caused pain and suffering, good or bad, noble or unoble, anything other than this is a huge misconception, you have to either have no soul OR be protected from God or Zadkiel. It works on Angels. ANGELS. Caused pain on a villain? PS will work on you.

Seeing as he can channel Zarathos' power, he CAN casually toss 200+ tons.

Hes beaten Null the living darkness and Zadkiel with the power of creation(gods power) and lucifer(at half power; lucifer that is)

LeonBuco666
And i've already SHOWN you you're wrong/exaggerating/lying/dismissing facts you dont care for to make a point.

This is one of the earliest examples of the recent wave of GR threads over the last few weeks.
One thing i've found funny is, with you in particular leading the charge, how his power set has continuously expanded in relation to the credible arguments against GR that have been made.
If he was as strong in the first GR thread as he is now, it would have received 0 replies! laughing out loud

I get it man, you like GR. Let it go, he's not invincible. You're starting to give Superman fanboys a good name....wink

Are you ****ing trolling me? Srs? The ****

riv6672
Ha! Yeah i am. I even hired someone to bump a 5 year old GR thread to bait you. wink

I honestly wouldnt have posted to this, i'm tired of GR threads, but you quoted me and talked smack which you know is just not true. Plus the forum is super slow right now.

As far as i'm concerned i already proved my point regarding GR with you.
You're a fun debater but, hyping your pick to the point that you lie, pretend opinions are facts, and ignore canon really doesnt help his stock.

LeonBuco666
Im not even going to argue over the PS with you, its boring and neither will get anywhere.

Its not just you, like I said it is a HUGE misconception.

LeonBuco666
Ha! Yeah i am. I even hired someone to bump a 5 year old GR thread to bait you. wink

I honestly wouldnt have posted to this, i'm tired of GR threads, but you quoted me and talked smack which you know is just not true. Plus the forum is super slow right now.

As far as i'm concerned i already proved my point regarding GR with you.
You're a fun debater but, hyping your pick to the point that you lie, pretend opinions are facts, and ignore canon really doesnt help his stock.
I assure you, I am not lying.....look up his various respect threads instead of hitting up wiki. Which you have quoted a few times.

LeonBuco666
Anyway....Thor w/o mjonlir loses, with it he wins.

riv6672
Wait, are you actually trying to discredit me for researching GR (and not on Wiki, but that was cute), instead of relying on threads that are filled with exaggerations written by uber fans like you, mister GR can lift +200 tons when he tops off at 25?
No, thank you. I'll stick to more credible sources.

For someone who said:

Originally posted by LeonBuco666
I'm not going to argue with you

You sure are arguing!

GR is not unbeatable. I proved it. Way before me the writers at Marvel comics proved it. Its done, Son. http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/smilies/angel.gif

LeonBuco666
I have never said he is unbeatable.

And no, you clearly dont.

You know what dude, at first you were alright, clearly you're condescending **** and possibly the biggest ******* I have come across on this site.

Go **** yourself.

Also, Baiting other users & Trolling are against the rules, dont know if you were being sarcastic but yeah.
Trying to bait me into that 5 year old thread worked well, son.

riv6672
You've never conceded a win. Even an obvious one.

Yeah, i really did.

You know what dude, at first you were alright, clearly you're condescending **** and possibly the biggest ******* I have come across on this site.
Translation: i was cool until i called you on your lazy sloppy debate style, which everyone here seems used to, but as a new guy, i found lacking. Read "The Emperor's New Clothes" for a round about analogy.
What you find condescending, BTW, was me trying to be polite while still trying to make actual points while you asterisked and joked your way through threads refusing to take any other view point as valid.

Go **** yourself.
*gasp*

Also, Baiting other users & Trolling are against the rules, dont know if you were being sarcastic but yeah.
Are you on meds?
I dont know who topped that thing, and havent posted in it. I was making a joke. A joke YOU initiated by bringing up trolling.
THIS thread however, was also topped, and YOU directly quoted ME, which is how this conversation got started.
Sorry i pissed you off.

LeonBuco666
You've never conceded a win. Even an obvious one.

Yeah, i really did.

Translation: i was cool until i called you on your lazy sloppy debate style, which everyone here seems used to, but as a new guy, i found lacking. Read "The Emperor's New Clothes" for a round about analogy.
What you find condescending, BTW, was me trying to be polite while still trying to make actual points while you asterisked and joked your way through threads refusing to take any other view point as valid.

Go **** yourself.
*gasp*

Are you on meds?
I dont know who topped that thing, and havent posted in it. I was making a joke. A joke YOU initiated by bringing up trolling.
THIS thread however, was also topped, and YOU directly quoted ME, which is how this conversation got started.
Sorry i pissed you off.

You make me want to vomit on myself.

That is how wrong you are.

Just, no.
There is nothing worse than someone talking down to you, so please, stop it.

riv6672
Consider yourself on ignore. I was told thats how best to handle these situations. I will follow that advice.

LeonBuco666
Dont worry, Im happy about that, in fact you beat me too it.

DarkSaint85
I'm sick of both of you.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'm sick of both of you.

Sorry to hear that.
I like posting with you. Hopefully you wont put me on ignore over this debacle.

Igniz

Except Blackheart gave details on how the Penance Stare works

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/Blackheart/HeroesVsBH6.jpg

And Blackheart by the way has been using "misdeeds" as the basis for forcibly taking ones soul.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/Blackheart/BHVsFF1.jpg

And if you're suggesting Thor is still guilty of misdeeds, I'll have to say Penance stare wont work due to the fact Thor did learn humility.He saved lives because of his medical knowledge and skills.One is measured by his good deeds rather than his bad deeds.And Thor has done more good than bad.As for this thread, going with Thor because of the hammerless Godblast he did on Durok.He can still summon lightning from his hands or from above.And since Thor is a Norse God, those lightning bolts are considered divine by nature.Even Mephisto once felt pain because of Thor's noble soul.

DarkSaint85
Others have also said how the PS works. Thor has caused suffering, even if its his enemies:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123441/3012230-jb+gr+vs+dk+gr+%2332+%289%29.jpg

DarkSaint85
And from the mouth of GR himself:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123441/3016131-jb+gr+vs+deacon+%2323+%285%29.jpg

Igniz
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Others have also said how the PS works. Thor has caused suffering, even if its his enemies:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123441/3012230-jb+gr+vs+dk+gr+%2332+%289%29.jpg

I'm gonna go with what Blackheart said about the Penance Stare.And besides, he already said "It makes the mind relive all misdeeds at once!" Also, here's another detail about the Penance Stare.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/122008/2615937-713321-16rc9_super.jpg

So the Penance Stare only works against the guilty.Or should I say guilty of misdeeds.Pretty obvious what Blackheart was referring to since he's also an expert in torturing the souls of people who committed misdeeds all of their lives.Are we going to say "Blackheart insta win against Thor since he's committed misdeeds and will forcibly take his soul?" Even I wouldn't go that far in threads relating to topics of misdeeds.

DarkSaint85
http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/19704510_Thunderbolts_2012-_029-016.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.