Which is your favorite movie Dracula??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lonious
I will have to go with Bela Lugosi's version - the forefather of all movie vampires. But Oldman's (with the hairstyle) I believe looks creepier.

However, there are other ones - notably Christopher Lee (Horror of Dracula), Oldman (Bram Stoker's Dracula), Langella (Dracula), etc.

So...who is your favorite and why?

smile

riv6672
Lugosi for nostalgia.

Oldman for panache. Plus, he really got me to root for him getting Mina. The heroes were just spiteful dill weeds. She wanted to be with him and they didnt respect her wishes.

Mindship
Lugosi

Does it have to be 'Dracula', per se? If not: Schreck.

socool8520
Probably Oldman's Dracula. I remember getting a good sense of his inner turmoil but at the same time you could see his deviousness and deception. It has been a long time since I've seen it though.

The_Tempest
Oldman's Dracula is the creepiest thanks to great direction, operatic cinematography, and compelling effects.

The best performance? Louis Jourdan, from an obscure made-for-TV BBC movie called Count Dracula. It's available on youtube and is often cited as the most accurate adaptation of the book.

Jourdan's awesome because he's neither savage like Lee or Palance nor is he a sympathetic anti-hero like Langella or Oldman. He's cold, calculating, sly, and arrogant. Great understated menace there.

relentless1
Gary Oldman by a country mile, that movie was awesome...except for Ryder and Reeves acting of course.... but Oldmans acting basically overrides all the negative; love the added love story too, one of the only times a added love story actually made a movie better IMO...

HulkIsHulk
Shouldn't this be in the discussion page and not in the respect sub section?

NewGuy01
I wish I could say Dracula Untold's Dracula, because his design was based on one of my favorite Dracula stories, but the movie wasn't up to par.

Have to go with the original and best; Lugosi. thumb up

BlackJackal
I told I guess

Omac9
Dracula Gottfried
https://bmj2k.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/dracula-gottfried.jpg

dynamix
Dominic Purcell haha, nah jk. Yeah i'd say Oldman also.

Jonathan E.
Oldman

John Murdoch
Originally posted by relentless1
Gary Oldman by a country mile, that movie was awesome...except for Ryder and Reeves acting of course.... but Oldmans acting basically overrides all the negative; love the added love story too, one of the only times a added love story actually made a movie better IMO...

Ditto to everything here.

omgchos
Just by sheer numbers Christopher lee wins.

Steve Zodiac
Gary Oldman

socool8520
Leslie Neilson in Dracula Dead and Loving it.

CaveDude33211
smile

Adam Grimes
Vampirella

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Omac9
Dracula Gottfried
https://bmj2k.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/dracula-gottfried.jpg

thumb up

Khazra Reborn
I grew up watching the Christopher Lee movies, so he'll always be my favorite. Performance wise, you've gotta give it up to Oldman, though.

quanchi112
Oldman.

riv6672

Putinbot1
Goldman and not because he is from exactly the same part of London as me and I have had coffee in a cafe in Deptford High Street at the same time he was in there...

Bashar Teg
gary oldman was the best dracula because gary oldman

Surtur
The best acted was Gary Oldman, but god damn Keanu Reeves for his f*cking accent in that film.

The most awesome was the one from Dracula Untold.

SquallX
Jonathan Reese Myers short live Dracula was pretty good.

Just a few months, BBC took another shot at the Dracula mythos. I felt the actor who played him was superb.

Surtur
I have yet to watch the dracula on netflix but soon i shall

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
The most awesome was the one from Dracula Untold.
Dracula Untold really comic-ized the vampire power set.
I was looking forward to seeing that Dracula in modern times.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by SquallX
Jonathan Reese Myers short live Dracula was pretty good.

Just a few months, BBC took another shot at the Dracula mythos. I felt the actor who played him was superb. Hiddlestone is good in the supporting Keanu Reeves role, tbh, the whole cast were top notch.

BruceSkywalker
Lugosi and Oldman

Blakemore
1931 Dracula with Bela Lugosi. Can't beat it! Maybe the Spanish version, maybe

Edwardnum
I dont think so

riv6672
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Lugosi and Oldman
^^^Its Hard to believe Lugosi only played Dracula twice, and one of those was in a comedy!

rudester
Porkys 1, 2, 3

Patient_Leech
CAGE! Hands down.

https://variety.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Screen-Shot-2023-01-05-at-10.10.51-AM.png

riv6672
^^^Def. one of the best recent ones.
Very entertaining.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Def. the best Dracula of all time.
Without a doubt.

Fixed. You're welcome.

riv6672
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I like pie.
^^^Hey, me too!

Patient_Leech
Nuttin' wrong witt dat!

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.