Thor smashes Thanos face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rao Kal El
For this thread We have Thor with a charged Mjolnir smashing Thanos face (a la infinity) , Thanos is doing NOTHING, he just stands there allowing Thor to hit him as many times as he wants.

Scenario 1

Thanos has NO shields

Scenario 2

Thanos has shields

HOW MANY CHARGED MJOLNIR HITS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THOR TO DEFEAT THANOS?

StiltmanFTW
Janithor vs. Thanus, just great. I'm off.

PS. The answer is over 9000.

Stoic
Honestly? I think that 4-5 strikes would put him on his back, and 10-12 strikes may put him out. My opinion is in respect of both characters.

With shields? I don't think its going to happen. Thor with the PG was unable to free himself from the same force cube tech.

Insane Titan
First scenario , it be in double figures

Second, IMO to hard to say as his shields are strong

Branlor Swift
All the bait

pym-ftw
I have a feeling that this thread is going to be followed by a how many Superman punches equal a Thor charged hammer strike...

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
All the bait

Stoic and IT gave already their response and some may agree or disagree, could you do the same instead of trying to create bad pr for my thread?

Thank you smile

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I have a feeling that this thread is going to be followed by a how many Superman punches equal a Thor charged hammer strike... Originally posted by Branlor Swift
All the bait

It's just coincidence that a Superman fan makes this thread when there's an active Thanos vs Superman slugfest thread.

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Stoic and IT gave already their response and some may agree or disagree, could you do the same instead of trying to create bad pr for my thread?

Thank you smile A million.

Stoic
I have a feeling that this thread is going to be followed by a how many Superman punches equal a Thor charged hammer strike...

Exactly. Because people are under the impression that Superman would punch Thanos hundreds of times unanswered, but have not taken into account that Thanos has stopped a blitz from a guy capable of light speed flight. There is also the TP that he can use as well, which has been seen on panel and not me bringing up his power set.

Rao Kal El
It's just coincidence that a Superman fan makes this thread when there's an active Thanos vs Superman slugfest thread.

A million.

Cool, thanks

Stoic

Thank you smile

This is what i really think. Look below.

Originally posted by Stoic
Exactly. Because people are under the impression that Superman would punch Thanos hundreds of times unanswered, but have not taken into account that Thanos has stopped a blitz from a guy capable of light speed flight. There is also the TP that he can use as well, which has been seen on panel and not me bringing up his power set.

Rao Kal El
Actually, this idea came because I read Thanos was taking the hammer to the face as if it was nothing, so I wanted to see the general consensus.

Insane Titan
Actually, this idea came because I read Thanos was taking the hammer to the face as if it was nothing, so I wanted to see the general consensus. you read the comic or what people was saying?

LordofBrooklyn
Thor was fatigued when he fought Thanos.

A prime Thor could drop Thanos with 12 charged hits.

A shielded Thanos has a cool beverage while Thor passes out from over-exertion!

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Thor was fatigued when he fought Thanos. Thor didn't even come close to doing anything that would fatigue him in Infinity.

Might as well say Thanos was fatigued as well

Insane Titan
Thor was fatigued when he fought Thanos.

A prime Thor could drop Thanos with 12 charged hits.

A shielded Thanos has a cool beverage while Thor passes out from over-exertion! how and why was Thor fatigued?

LordofBrooklyn
Thor didn't even come close to doing anything that would fatigue him in Infinity.

Might as well say Thanos was fatigued as well

Thanos was fatigued from laughter after his destruction of Black Bolt! cool

P.S. Boltagon wasn't prime there as well.

Branlor Swift
Thanos was fatigued from laughter after his destruction of Black Bolt! cool

P.S. Boltagon wasn't prime there as well. Not after the bomb went off no. But that's stating the obvious.

Stoic
Not after the bomb went off no. But that's stating the obvious.

Does fatigue affect his scream? I always wondered about this? If so how, and why would it? I mean imagine if this guy snores? He might tear a hole in reality.

LordofBrooklyn
Does fatigue affect his scream? I always wondered about this? If so how, and why would it? I mean imagine if this guy snores? He might tear a hole in reality.

Why wouldn't fatigue affect it?

It is a physical manifestation of his abilities. If he is tired, injured, etc. it should effect the power of his scream.

Stoic
Why wouldn't fatigue affect it?

It is a physical manifestation of his abilities. If he is tired, injured, etc. it should effect the power of his scream.

But a whisper can tear down a mountain is what I was getting at. Even fatigued he was going for it. I mean he probably couldn't have done better if the Karate Kid kicked him in his boys. However if this is the reason that he didn't do more damage to Thanos so be it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Charged? Depends. Ranges from Thanos tanking like a dozen to getting his head caved in by one.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Charged? Depends. Ranges from Thanos tanking a dozen to getting his head caved in by one.

Take a stand, damn you!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Take a stand, damn you!

Why?

The definition of charged alone is broad. There's lighting radiating from Mjolnir and then there's Thor actively summoning Mjolnir's energy to significantly increase his striking power.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Insane Titan
you read the comic or what people was saying?

I have not read the comic, I saw the scans posted in here but it was made based on what I have read in here.

Rao Kal El
Why?

The definition of charged alone is broad. There's lighting radiating from Mjolnir and then there's Thor actively summoning Mjolnir's energy to significantly increase his striking power.

The same as the scene depicted recently in Infinity. As charged as that, as strong as that.

For what I have read there is no indication that Thor was holding back and He does knows what Thanos can dish out and what He can take.

Do not know if it was implied that Thor was tired or not.

Diesldude
Charged? Depends. Ranges from Thanos tanking like a dozen to getting his head caved in by one.

This.

The first hammer shot will stagger him backward, if Thor can hit right away. Thanos is on his back but alert. 3rd to 5th hit on his face while he's down should ko him.

If Thanos has shields, depends.

Even Galactus is impressed by thanos' shields and admittedly had to wait for a second attempt to get through on one of their encounters.

Rao Kal El
Ok so if the shields are on, Thor is not getting trough and that seems to be generally accepted.

thumb up

golem370
Thanos taken damage from Odin who one-shotted Silver Surfer & Drax the Destroyer and Tyrant who put down Thor level beings and not being able to keep Thanos down to his surprise and Thanos withstanding a blast from the Maker proves to me that Thor could hit him all day and not drop Thanos. Also Thanos taken hits from Thor/w the Power Gem and it not dropping him as well.

Stoic
I think that if you put both of these answers together, that you will eventually come to a correct answer.

Originally posted by golem370
Thanos taken damage from Odin who one-shotted Silver Surfer & Drax the Destroyer and Tyrant who put down Thor level beings and not being able to keep Thanos down to his surprise and Thanos withstanding a blast from the Maker proves to me that Thor could hit him all day and not drop Thanos. Also Thanos taken hits from Thor/w the Power Gem and it not dropping him as well.

One-Punch
Thanos tanked a handful of hammer strikes from an insane Thor amped by the power gem directly to the face, and he seemed just fine. Not surprising since Thanos has also shrugged off a gas giant exploding in his face like it was a walk in the park. Regular Thor would have to hit Thanos A LOT to put him down.

Also LOL at Thor killing Thanos in one strike. Accomplishing something Odin couldn't do in a prolonged fight, nor Tyrant. Not even a fed and pissed Galactus or Omega (2x Galactus' power) killed Thanos in one-shot, they didn't even knock Thanos out. Thor's not caving Thanos' head in one strike.

abhilegend
Originally posted by One-Punch
Thanos tanked a handful of hammer strikes from an insane Thor amped by the power gem directly to the face, and he seemed just fine. Not surprising since Thanos has also shrugged off a gas giant exploding in his face like it was a walk in the park. Regular Thor would have to hit Thanos A LOT to put him down.

Also LOL at Thor killing Thanos in one strike. Accomplishing something Odin couldn't do in a prolonged fight, nor Tyrant. Not even a fed and pissed Galactus or Omega (2x Galactus' power) killed Thanos in one-shot, they didn't even knock Thanos out. Thor's not caving Thanos' head in one strike.
Its Rage.

pym-ftw
You know how I can definitely prove this is a bait thread? Look at all the Super fanboys in here.

abhilegend
You know how I can definitely prove this is a bait thread? Look at all the Super fanboys in here.
What the f**k?

Rao Kal El
Seriously my friend if this is a bait thread just report it.

Just because there is Abhi, Diesl, LOB and ME (because I am the thread starter)
It does not mean is a bait thread, by that logic in any thread in which we post is a bait thread FYI a thread with 4 poster that like Superman will make 99% of the threads out there bait threads, so stop poisoning the thread with bad pr.

Branlor Swift
Charged? Depends. Ranges from Thanos tanking like a dozen to getting his head caved in by one. laughing out loud

I forgot how modest your opinion of Thor could get

Estacado
The correct answer is 937472747273727476284827482745615444422737372.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Estacado
The correct answer is 937472747273727476284827482745615444422737372. gonna have to get h1 to check and verify them numbers

Estacado
haermm
I used the h1 metric system to get that result.biscuits

DarkRaiden
It would pretty much go on all day, better yet for Eternity. And when Thor has finally hit him enough, Thanos would've probably healed by then so it starts over.

Rao Kal El
I don't think not even Starlin thinks that high of his baby, but anyway.

Insane Titan
haermm
I used the h1 metric system to get that result.biscuits it seems your logic is flawless then lol

h1a8
For this thread We have Thor with a charged Mjolnir smashing Thanos face (a la infinity) , Thanos is doing NOTHING, he just stands there allowing Thor to hit him as many times as he wants.

Scenario 1

Thanos has NO shields

Scenario 2

Thanos has shields

HOW MANY CHARGED MJOLNIR HITS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THOR TO DEFEAT THANOS? judging by the hit, I would say about 7-10 hits Thanos would be out for the count.

h1a8
But a whisper can tear down a mountain is what I was getting at. Even fatigued he was going for it. I mean he probably couldn't have done better if the Karate Kid kicked him in his boys. However if this is the reason that he didn't do more damage to Thanos so be it. that's the problem, a whisper can't tear down a mountain. Nowhere close. It can rock a battleship though.

His scream can't tear down a mountain either. More like a few nukes at best.

h1a8
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos taken damage from Odin who one-shotted Silver Surfer & Drax the Destroyer and Tyrant who put down Thor level beings and not being able to keep Thanos down to his surprise and Thanos withstanding a blast from the Maker proves to me that Thor could hit him all day and not drop Thanos. Also Thanos taken hits from Thor/w the Power Gem and it not dropping him as well. those were energy blasts. Not blunt force hits, which is totally different.

h1a8

Also LOL at Thor killing Thanos in one strike. Accomplishing something Odin couldn't do in a prolonged fight, nor Tyrant. Not even a fed and pissed Galactus or Omega (2x Galactus' power) killed Thanos in one-shot, they didn't even knock Thanos out. Thor's not caving Thanos' head in one strike. pG Thor never hit Thanos with a slam, which is several times more powerful than standard one handed swings.

Energy blasts aren't the same as blunt force hits. Gas giant exploding in all areas of space is not the same as exploding all of it's concentrated power in one location. Plus that's mostly energy projection as well.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8
that's the problem, a whisper can't tear down a mountain. Nowhere close. It can rock a battleship though.

His scream can't tear down a mountain either. More like a few nukes at best.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/38006/748626-bb1sr9.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

I forgot how modest your opinion of Thor could get

Well obviously not literally. Or I guess not obviously which is my fault.

I don't think it's possible for Thor to actually cave in Thanos' head, the guy is too durable. I mean, I guess it's "possible" when you have those Asgardian hammers tearing through Galactus and shit or f*cking up Surtur but that's a bit on the extreme side of things.

What I meant is knock out, lay out, or whatever terminology you prefer. It's also unlikely but not impossible or even insulting to Thanos based on what we've seen from Thor/Mjolnir.

h1a8
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/38006/748626-bb1sr9.jpg we all know that is either bs or some plot stuff going on there since BB has screamed, uttered words, etc and not did shit to a planet let alone a mountain.

DarkSaint85
Don't forget, its not sound. He can control the electrons or some BS.

So sometimes, a whisper could well be that powerful....

Rage.Of.Olympus
we all know that is either bs or some plot stuff going on there since BB has screamed, uttered words, etc and not did shit to a planet let alone a mountain.

The only plot going on is the fact that Black Bolt was tortured and in extreme pain.

Fyi, that's not even his best feat.

eaebiakuya
lol a bomb powered by BB voice destroyed a Solar System. But he cant destroy a mountain ????

Epicurus
we all know that is either bs or some plot stuff going on there since BB has screamed, uttered words, etc and not did shit to a planet let alone a mountain.
We all know that you don't read comics, and use bogus math to reach the conclusions you make about most forum fights, so let's not go overboard here with silly accusations.

carver9
Originally posted by Epicurus
We all know that you don't read comics, and use bogus math to reach the conclusions you make about most forum fights, so let's not go overboard here with silly accusations.

thumb up

And lol at him bringing up one time showings but tend to throw around 50 earth weight in every thread he is in.

h1a8
Originally posted by Epicurus
We all know that you don't read comics, and use bogus math to reach the conclusions you make about most forum fights, so let's not go overboard here with silly accusations. if I don't read comics then I wouldn't know that BB whisper doesn't destroy mountains or come anywhere close to that.

So come at me bro.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
thumb up

And lol at him bringing up one time showings but tend to throw around 50 earth weight in every thread he is in. superman has multiple feats displaying that type of strength. Plus that scan of BB had some plot device in it.
You see BB entire body encased in energy. That means Thanos tanked a couple of nukes at best

Even if I accept the feat then it still doesn't prove Thanos tanked that level. We must assume that a character is performing at their average in a comic scene if no other evidence is given.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Don't forget, its not sound. He can control the electrons or some BS.

So sometimes, a whisper could well be that powerful....

Insane Titan
superman has multiple feats displaying that type of strength. Plus that scan of BB had some plot device in it.
You see BB entire body encased in energy. That means Thanos tanked a couple of nukes at best

Even if I accept the feat then it still doesn't prove Thanos tanked that level. We must assume that a character is performing at their average in a comic scene if no other evidence is given. I'm surprised you didn't lowball Thanos tanking BB's scream!

Khazra Reborn
How about the shot Thor hit Nul with in Fear Itself?

carver9
superman has multiple feats displaying that type of strength. Plus that scan of BB had some plot device in it.

Even if I accept the feat then it still doesn't prove Thanos tanked that level. We must assume that a character is performing at their average in a comic scene if no other evidence is given.

Tell me about these multiples of fts.

Whats the plot of the Black Bolt ft? Let me use your argument. Black Bolt actually have better fts than that.

Where are you getting nukes from and prove it with a scan.

I agree, Thanos didn't withstand BB full power but it isn't for the reason YOU are claiming, hypocrite.

Insane Titan
So we ignore Thanos actually tanking BB's full scream and the fact Marvels higher up and writer confirmed online he tanked a full scream

HulkIsHulk
Ok so if the shields are on, Thor is not getting trough and that seems to be generally accepted.

thumb up

Yep, Thor can hit on those shields for all his lifetime and nothing would be accomplished.

HulkIsHulk

QFT

HulkIsHulk
The correct answer is 937472747273727476284827482745615444422737372.

is that your phone number? what do you call it numerically

carver9
Thanos didn't tank hammer hits from PG Thor. Don't know where that came from.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.