Bacon can't be Haraam.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geeker
I am a good Muslim and I try and follow the prophet. I am convinced I will burn in Hellfire due to my love of Bacon. Whilst it is banned in my country, I always smuggle packs in from Dubai and Abu Dhabi. It is quite simply delicious and it makes me question everything. Where Bacon is sooooo tasty, if Mohammed peace be upon him is wrong about its evil how can I trust my reality?

riv6672
Cant tell if you're being serious or not, but am assuming you are.
I can only say, books (like the Bible in my case) are written by men. Men can and will interpret things to suit them.
If you dont buy off on the Quran being subject to the above, please skip the rest of this post as it will prove offensive.

Things were put in these books to help people, whatever help might mean to the authors...
I think Chris Rock said something like this:
"Back then, before the refrigerator, before saran wrap, before basic hygiene - well, a pork chop could kill you!
But now we HAVE refrigerators. Now we HAVE saran wrap! Now, a pork chop's your FRIEND!"

Bottom line, your Prophet will not begrudge you liking bacon.

Geeker
Originally posted by riv6672
Cant tell if you're being serious or not, but am assuming you are.
I can only say, books (like the Bible in my case) are written by men. Men can and will interpret things to suit them.
If you dont buy off on the Quran being subject to the above, please skip the rest of this post as it will prove offensive.

Things were put in these books to help people, whatever help might mean to the authors...
I think Chris Rock said something like this:
"Back then, before the refrigerator, before saran wrap, before basic hygiene - well, a pork chop could kill you!
But now we HAVE refrigerators. Now we HAVE saran wrap! Now, a pork chop's your FRIEND!"

Bottom line, your Prophet will not begrudge you liking bacon.

The words of the Prophet are directly what Gabriel told him, Gabriel is an Angel a conduit to Allah (God) and not a man.

Quran

2:173-
"He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced , neither desiring nor transgressing , there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

5:03-
"Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you slaughter , and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience. This day those who disbelieve have despaired of your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

6:145-
"Say, "I do not find within that which was revealed to me forbidden to one who would eat it unless it be a dead animal or blood spilled out or the flesh of swine - for indeed, it is impure - or it be disobedience, dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced , neither desiring nor transgressing , then indeed, your Lord is Forgiving and Merciful.""

16:115-
"He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced , neither desiring nor transgressing - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

Stealth Moose
You know, I can't remember what I had for dinner the past two weeks; how does a dehydrating illiterate Muhammed remember perfectly everything Gabriel says?

Geeker
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
You know, I can't remember what I had for dinner the past two weeks; how does a dehydrating illiterate Muhammed remember perfectly everything Gabriel says?

The will of Allah. Allah Akbar!

riv6672
Originally posted by Stealth Moose

Originally posted by Geeker

Still cant tell if this is all kidding or not.
Either way, i'm done posting to this, its going to give me war nightmares if i keep dwelling on certain aspects of this topic.

Stealth Moose

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2528997888/h9EE445B9/

Shakyamunison
Don't eat bacon. That way there is more left for me!

Mindship
Bacon is the Devil.

Stoic
I am a good Muslim and I try and follow the prophet. I am convinced I will burn in Hellfire due to my love of Bacon. Whilst it is banned in my country, I always smuggle packs in from Dubai and Abu Dhabi. It is quite simply delicious and it makes me question everything. Where Bacon is sooooo tasty, if Mohammed peace be upon him is wrong about its evil how can I trust my reality?

I bet you that if Mohammed was starving for 8 days, and someone walked up to him with a BLT sandwich that he'd let it slide that one time. How are you justified by what you eat, and don't eat? A person can live by whatever precepts they want to, but if they keep turning around and doing deplorable things to others, are they good people because they upheld their vows? not saying that you're a cretin, I'm just saying. You know what I'm saying?

Lord Lucien
If you were starving in the desert, and you found Mohammed lying in the sand, already half-cooked from the sun, would you eat him?

I bet he'd taste like bacon.

Stoic
I don't know man, I've never eaten a human being, but to be honest if I were in the situation, anything is possible. I would certainly look around for other options though. If this is about pork being bad for you, all meat is bad if it is eaten too often, pork has been linked to trichinosis (well cooked or not) so there is that. I myself am not a big pork eater, but I have eaten it, and will likely do so again. I still fail to see how this makes you a terrible person, when there are so many other things out there that people do that's considered far worse than deciding to eat pork.

Lord Lucien
It's almost like a religion demanding people to eschew certain foods is... incredibly stupid, or something.

Geeker
Ramadan Kareem good friends!

ArtificialGlory
Ramadan Kareem good friends!

Time for some bacon.

Lord Lucien
Ramadan Kareem good friends! Is that foreigner talk for "God Bless American bacon"?

Geeker
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Is that foreigner talk for "God Bless American bacon"? Allah has been worshipped by Christians since pr Islamic times good friend! Bacon has not.

Shakyamunison
I love bacon!

Geeker
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I love bacon!

It is delicious and therein lies the problem.

ArtificialGlory
Allah has been worshipped by Christians since pr Islamic times good friend! Bacon has not.

Humanity has been in love with bacon long before Christians, Muslims, or even Jews existed.

Shakyamunison
It is delicious and therein lies the problem.

That's not the problem.

Omega Vision
Religious dietary strictures are almost never based on the actual safety or nutritional value of the foods in question, but always on primitive notions about the 'goodness' of the animal.

It's really funny when Muslims go through mental gymnastics to try to scientifically justify why pork is less suitable for human consumption than beef or chicken.

As I understand it pork is haraam because pigs are seen as unclean, and yet Arab nations consume chickens ravenously, when chickens are some of the most filthy animals in the world. They'll eat cigarette butts if you throw them to them.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Omega Vision
... They'll eat cigarette butts if you throw them to them.

So, you go around throwing cigarette butts at chickens? laughing out loud

Omega Vision
No, I don't smoke, but I've seen it happen.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Omega Vision
No, I don't smoke, but I've seen it happen.

I wasn't serious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.