Did Palpatine still Use "Darth Sidious" as his sith name during the DE era?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
Did he still take the name Darth Sidious when he was using clone bodies? Or did he discontinue his sith name?

The Merchant
I personally believe that by DE Sidious stopped caring about the Sith and started focusing on a whole new Dark Side order.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by The Merchant
I personally believe that by DE Sidious stopped caring about the Sith and started focusing on a whole new Dark Side order. well the rule of two still continued after Becuause of Lumiya and Jacen

Q99
There is the tricky bit that DE was, of course, written well before the name Sidious was created.

However, I do think he still cared about the rule of two- He sought Luke as an apprentice, and his lesser followers like Sedriss were obviously not given full Sith training.

carthage
Originally posted by The Merchant
I personally believe that by DE Sidious stopped caring about the Sith and started focusing on a whole new Dark Side order.

Where did you find that quote about DE Palpatine wanting to consume the galaxy and turn it into a darkside nexus?

NewGuy01
Dark Empire Sourcebook

The Merchant
I found it in the back-pages of the original Dark Empire issues. Not sure about the DE sourcebook but wouldn't be surprised if that was in there.

Darth _Sadow1
Like the rest are saying, the issue is that this is before we really had a solid definition of what it meant to be a Sith. At that time, Palpatine was viewed more like an evil wizard because the idea of Sith was not really solidified. However, with the name Sidious now being Canon, I would imagine that he would think of himself as such. It would be interesting if someone rewrote the Dark Empire comics with what we know now.

GenomeFrozener
I don't think he cared much by that point.

Selenial
Sidious tried his hand at creating a "rule of one" where he was the supreme Sith, living forever, just recycling apprentices.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.