Examining The New jedi Order's Lightsaber forms.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Hello guys, today/tonight I will be examining the lightsaber forms that mostly appear in the jedi Knight Series, whose users are predominantly. Jaden Korr and His legendary master. Kyle Katarn. the battle master of the Jedi Order. now please bare with me as the only thing I have going for me is game mechanics and a vague discription

First Up its the medium form also known as the Jack-Of-All-Trades. This form is somewhat reminiscent of the Niman Form of the Clone Wars era and above. It's long sweeps as well as its adequate defense against Blaster fire show that it borrows from the Shii-Cho and Soresu, it is a very standard form to use against all types of opponents from Blaster wielders to lightsaber and force users. The Medium style is much like Shii-Cho and Niman as both these forms are quite simplistic. with both Shi-Cho/Niman and The Medium style having no real weakness or Strengths.

Strengths. Its Long sweeps coupled with the forms use of both strength and speed make it an overall versatile form with the user being able to adapt to both blaster fire, multiple opponent and lightsaber wielders.

Weakness. While this form is great for it's overall versatility in combat, its weakness lies in the fact that though it is sufficient against blaster fire and overall defense it is quite lacking when compared to the fast style and though it has it's tempered aggression and strength the strong style is obviously superior in raw power and aggression.

Verdict. Overall the form is not as strong as it's sister forms but its quite Versatile and the user could easily adapt to almost any situation, and while not as strong in terms of aggression or as preferred in terms of defense it is a very capable form.

I will do the fast style and the strong style in the coming days. though most people will hardly give a damn I think it's fair to analyze these forms considering they are primarily used by the jedi battle master Kyle Katarn and his young(14 ****ing year old) Prodigy. Jaden Korr.

PTforthewin
The lightsaber forms where the same as the old forms

PTforthewin
Also jaden was 13 not 14 at the time

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Hello guys, today/tonight I will be examining the lightsaber forms that mostly appear in the jedi Knight Series, whose users are predominantly. Jaden Korr and His legendary master. Kyle Katarn. the battle master of the Jedi Order. now please bare with me as the only thing I have going for me is game mechanics and a vague discription

First Up its the medium form also known as the Jack-Of-All-Trades. This form is somewhat reminiscent of the Niman Form of the Clone Wars era and above. It's long sweeps as well as its adequate defense against Blaster fire show that it borrows from the Shii-Cho and Soresu, it is a very standard form to use against all types of opponents from Blaster wielders to lightsaber and force users. The Medium style is much like Shii-Cho and Niman as both these forms are quite simplistic. with both Shi-Cho/Niman and The Medium style having no real weakness or Strengths.

Strengths. Its Long sweeps coupled with the forms use of both strength and speed make it an overall versatile form with the user being able to adapt to both blaster fire, multiple opponent and lightsaber wielders.

Weakness. While this form is great for it's overall versatility in combat, its weakness lies in the fact that though it is sufficient against blaster fire and overall defense it is quite lacking when compared to the fast style and though it has it's tempered aggression and strength the strong style is obviously superior in raw power and aggression.

Verdict. Overall the form is not as strong as it's sister forms but its quite Versatile and the user could easily adapt to almost any situation, and while not as strong in terms of aggression or as preferred in terms of defense it is a very capable form.

I will do the fast style and the strong style in the coming days. though most people will hardly give a damn I think it's fair to analyze these forms considering they are primarily used by the jedi battle master Kyle Katarn and his young(14 ****ing year old) Prodigy. Jaden Korr.

Awesome! Thanks for doing this. I've been curious for a while now about how Luke revived lightsabre combat when he rebuilt the Jedi Order.

I will do the fast style and the strong style in the coming days. though most people will hardly give a damn

I assure you, I certainly give one.

Originally posted by PTforthewin

Uh no, they weren't.

Seeing as, you know, Luke had what, a week or two to train with Yoda. Nowhere near long enough to learn everything there was to know about lightsabre combat.

During the Jedi Purge the old forms were mostly lost and Luke had to devise new ones to replace them.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by PTforthewin
No they weren't. Most of the "forms" which don't exist as they are "styles" at the time, were variations of a archaic Form I. The Forms were rediscovered later.

Fated Xtasy
First off thank you for your interest in this @chilled monkey and freshestSlice i really do appreciate it smile

Now on to the fast style also known as the defensive form, The Fast style is a powerful defensive form reminiscent of Soresu and Ataru - Before I continue it should be noted that the Dark jedi Master Tavion Axmis used a more aggressive version of this style which was somewhat reminiscent of Shien/Djem So and Her Apprentice Alora, used a highly acrobatic and elegant Jar'Kai Variation which to me was akin to Ataru/Makashi. this form uses quick and rapid fast strikes to overwhelm the users opponents being quite handy against lightsaber wielding opponents as it allowed for quick parries and trap shunts and was highly preferred when combating multiple blaster fire as it allowed the user to very quickly redirect the blaster bolt to the original source or to a different opponent which as I said is highly reminiscent of Ataru Shien and Soresu.

Strengths. its highly acrobatic and overwhelming offense makes it a very good choice for when trying to quickly deal with both jedi and non-jedi opponents this coupled with its nearly unrivaled defense against both lightsabers and blasters make it a vital form for any jedi - be they padawan or master, to use.

Weakness. Though it may have a great defense and a somewhat adequate offense. a physically stronger opponent could break through the form's defenses especially if the opponent or opponents are skilled in the Strong style, it should also be noted that this form sacrifices power in favor of speed, so the power or strength put into each strike is much weaker when compared to The medium style or The Strong style.

Verdict. Unlike The Medium style which has no Real strengths or weaknesses, this form has its pros and its cons. though it is an excellent defensive form and its speed could possibly overwhelm a jedi or multiple jedi/non-jedi, its lack of power make it somewhat inadequate for taking on physically stronger opponents or users skilled with the Strong style. Overall this form has a powerful defense and great speed but its lack of power within its strikes could prove problematic. however I do believe that a skilled practitioner could go beyond these weaknesses and negate them all together.

I will do the strong style later on today. smile

Fated Xtasy
And Finallly we have the Strong style of the new jedi order. A highly aggressive and ferocious form. The Strong Style incorporates the precision of Makashi, the long and wide sweeps of Shii-Cho and the raw and pure power of Djem So - It should be taken into account that the Dark Jedi Master Desann used a hybridized and single handed varitation of the Strong Style that included some elements of the medium and fast styles and was much quicker and more aggressive than the traditional Strong Style. it was a very effective form to use against Lightsaber users as it's superior offense made short work of most lightsaber duelists.

Strengths. As the strongest and most aggressive form of the New jedi Order, The Strong Style is superior to its sister forms in terms of power, strength and precision as a single and accurate blow could produce some devastating results, its overall strength and precision Make it a vital form for any lightsaber duelist to use.

Weaknesses. Like I said above, it is very superior to its sister forms in terms of raw power, strength and precision, but it sacrifices Defense and speed in favor of all those things and because of the long sweeps it quite literally leaves the user open to attacks and counters from Fast and Medium style users, and unlike its sister forms The Strong Style is very - and when I say 'very' I mean VERY, ineffective against Blaster fire ESPECIALLY multiple blaster wielding opponents because of the forms main focus on brutish and overwhelming strength and precision along with its wide and long swings make it hard for user to defend against.

Verdict. The form is a powerful yet risky form, as though it may grant the user a definite edge over his/her opponent it's lacking defense, and we all know that a good defense in a lightsaber duel or even a shoot out is imperative. that said duelist like Desann have been able to use the form with no sign of the Sluggish or opening made by the Style - however, this could be because of his imposing size as Chistori and the fact that his customized lightsaber was twice the size of a normal hilt.

well that concludes the Analyzes that I've made on The NJO's lightsaber forms let me know what you think smile

FreshestSlice
Not bad, although you should know that Strong Style has one of the best defenses. It's not as well at defending as Fast Style, but it has the highest capability of countering.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Not bad, although you should know that Strong Style has one of the best defenses. It's not as well at defending as Fast Style, but it has the highest capability of countering.

Yes but my studies have shown that the strong style is very inffective at deflecting Blaster bolts, though a master could perhaps work around these negatives we've seen dooku do it with Makashi despite it being inadequate at deflecting blaster fire

Emperordmb
First off thank you for your interest in this @chilled monkey and freshestSlice i really do appreciate it smile

Now on to the fast style also known as the defensive form, The Fast style is a powerful defensive form reminiscent of Soresu and Ataru - Before I continue it should be noted that the Dark jedi Master Tavion Axmis used a more aggressive version of this style which was somewhat reminiscent of Shien/Djem So and Her Apprentice Alora, used a highly acrobatic and elegant Jar'Kai Variation which to me was akin to Ataru/Makashi. this form uses quick and rapid fast strikes to overwhelm the users opponents being quite handy against lightsaber wielding opponents as it allowed for quick parries and trap shunts and was highly preferred when combating multiple blaster fire as it allowed the user to very quickly redirect the blaster bolt to the original source or to a different opponent which as I said is highly reminiscent of Ataru Shien and Soresu.

Strengths. its highly acrobatic and overwhelming offense makes it a very good choice for when trying to quickly deal with both jedi and non-jedi opponents this coupled with its nearly unrivaled defense against both lightsabers and blasters make it a vital form for any jedi - be they padawan or master, to use.

Weakness. Though it may have a great defense and a somewhat adequate offense. a physically stronger opponent could break through the form's defenses especially if the opponent or opponents are skilled in the Strong style, it should also be noted that this form sacrifices power in favor of speed, so the power or strength put into each strike is much weaker when compared to The medium style or The Strong style.

Verdict. Unlike The Medium style which has no Real strengths or weaknesses, this form has its pros and its cons. though it is an excellent defensive form and its speed could possibly overwhelm a jedi or multiple jedi/non-jedi, its lack of power make it somewhat inadequate for taking on physically stronger opponents or users skilled with the Strong style. Overall this form has a powerful defense and great speed but its lack of power within its strikes could prove problematic. however I do believe that a skilled practitioner could go beyond these weaknesses and negate them all together.

I will do the strong style later on today. smile
I have a sneaking suspicion that Luke based this style off of Obi-wan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.