What Mutant team?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
What big 7 mutant team can you put together that can take out the JLA Pre reboot versions? No trans tiers or above.

Wonder Woman
Superman
Hal
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Flash
Substitute Batman for Cyborg

What 7 can you come up with to beat this squad?

Shabazz916
give a example of someone trans

carver9
Originally posted by Shabazz916
give a example of someone trans

Thanos

riv6672
Why substitute Batman? Way too advantageous for the mutants. smile

Cyclops
Storm
Wolverine
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Kitty Pryde
Jean Grey

This is pretty much the "classic" team, with usually one or two others rounding them out (Banshee, Beast, Xavier on occasion). Nut the cap is 7.
They're out powered but have the best team work.

And, without Batman, that teamwork's going to help out a Lot.

Zack Fair
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

golem370
Apocalypse Shaman Nate Grey Proteus Cannonball Havok Stryfe Exodus

DarkSaint85
Right, let's get to work.

Magneto
Longshot
Juggernaut
Magik
Northstar
Fantomex (classic)
Hope

riv6672
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

If you have nothing to contribute, then don't post at all. You clearly have no knowledge about the character.

LOL, sorry, people always post a variation of the above when they get huffy over a joke! wink

I'll stick by my picks, and i still say not having Batman is a handicap to the JLA!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
Why substitute Batman? Way too advantageous for the mutants. smile

Cyclops
Storm
Wolverine
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Kitty Pryde
Jean Grey

This is pretty much the "classic" team, with usually one or two others rounding them out (Banshee, Beast, Xavier on occasion). Nut the cap is 7.
They're out powered but have the best team work.

And, without Batman, that teamwork's going to help out a Lot.

Riv DID say they'd be outpowered.....

Incidentally, what are your matchups? I guess you're going for a team battle rather than 1on1s?

LeonBuco666
The 7 most powerful top tier herald x-men

Wolverine could do it on his own.
Deadpool just for the laughs of getting killed over and over again, while asking the reader who wrote the damn thing.

riv6672
I think team on team's the only way my picks have a chance, DarkSaint.

Plus, i've tried one on one with you and been horribly embarrassed. Not falling for THAT again! wink

DarkSaint85
Nah. Part of having fun is switching sides. I argued FOR the JLA last time, and now, I'm going to argue against them. That's the only way you can improve as a debator, IMO - know your characters' weaknesses as well as their strengths.

For example, Superman is fast, he's strong, he's smart. My team send him to Limbo using Magik.

LeonBuco666
Wonder Woman Vs Rogue - decent matchup - Diana for the majority though
Superman vs Iceman - i dont know...supes
Jean Grey vs MM - hm, physically MM pimp slaps her and makes a profit, but mentally, I dont know. I want to go with Jean, but MM as he has the physical advantage as well as probably matching her mentally probably besting her.
Aquaman just flops on the floor
The Flash just beats every one in a millisecond for laughs
Cyborg vs cyclops - cyclops IMO but Cyborg has a decent chance, but that optic blast could phuk him up big time

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nah. Part of having fun is switching sides. I argued FOR the JLA last time, and now, I'm going to argue against them. That's the only way you can improve as a debator, IMO - know your characters' weaknesses as well as their strengths.

For example, Superman is fast, he's strong, he's smart. My team send him to Limbo using Magik.
See? Embarrassing.
I would have gone with Northstar pretending to crush on Supes and keeping him occupied with a super speed Benny Hill type chase scene....sad

golem370
Originally posted by golem370
Apocalypse Shaman Nate Grey Proteus Cannonball Havok Stryfe Exodus

Does my team pull it off?

riv6672
I'd say they could do it.

MF DELPH
Hmm...

If I needed a team of 7, it'd be:

Apocalypse
Vulcan
Nate Grey*
Exodus
Hope Summers*
Magneto
Madison Jeffries

*Assuming we consider them just High Herald. If not, substitute with Mikhail Rasputin and Proteus.

Existere
Shaman X-Man
Godlike Cable
Magneto
Magik
Cassandra Nova
Vulcan
Apocalypse

I win.

Existere
Originally posted by MF DELPH

Madison Jeffries thumb up Good call.

If I can't get Cassandra Nova (she's probably not technically a mutant) then I'll take Box.

Other considerations:

Colossus w/ Juggernaut
New Sun Gambit
Iceman

Magnon
Speed kills. Every mutant which Superman/Flash see as threats would get KO'd or speedstolen before they can react - including Hope, Magik, Rogue, Prof. X etc. So I will cheese this with only 2 mutants:

Rogue
Forgetmenot

Rogue would get KO'd instantly when the battle starts, but JLA wouldn't kill her (as per the forum rules they would behave in-character). Forgetmenot would then go touch Rogue, causing JLA to forget about her while she regains consciousness. Once back up, Rogue would go touch Flash and the fight would be over during the next microsecond in favor of the team-mutant.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Right, let's get to work.

Magneto
Longshot
Juggernaut
Magik
Northstar
Fantomex (classic)
Hope
this is my exact team minus wolverine

Magneto
Longshot
Juggernaut
Magik
Northstar
Fantomex
Wolverine

Magnon
Longshot, Juggernaut and Fantomex are not mutants (in the sense that they do not possess the X-gene).

Longshot is a genetically engineered mojoverse slave.
Juggernaut is the magical avatar of Cyttorak.
Fantomex is a hyperevolved supersentinel from the World.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by Magnon
Longshot, Juggernaut and Fantomex are not mutants (in the sense that they do not possess the X-gene).

Longshot is a genetically engineered mojoverse slave.
Juggernaut is the magical avatar of Cyttorak.
Fantomex is a hyperevolved supersentinel from the World. i wasn't to sure with fantomex to be honest. Juggs not a mutant? I always thought he was confused

Magnon
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
i wasn't to sure with fantomex to be honest. Juggs not a mutant? I always thought he was confused

Cain Marko is a flat-scan (= normal non-mutant human) who got the power of Juggernaut when he touched the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak.

I'm not sure if Colossusnaut is allowed though... Pjotr is mutant but the Juggernaut amp isn't a part of his typical (nor current) power set.

-Pr-
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Aquaman just flops on the floor

no expression

Ambient
Shaman X-men
God cable
Vulcan
Havok
magneto
Apocalypse
The collective - Michael Pointer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.