Drax vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
The battle takes place in a Shiar court of law. Drax has been sentenced to death, and he is asked what way he prefers to meet his end. Gladiator is the prosecutor. Drax chooses to challenge Gladiator. Death by combat.

Oh and this is actually happening in the GOTG. Next month the battle begins.

Who wins?

celeyhyga17
Gladiator..

Good thing we get to gauge more of what this version of Drax can do..

8swords
they know about each other? glad loses his confidence, and loses. stick out tongue

Stoic
Drax has this Riddick look on his face, like he has an ace up his sleeve. I wonder if he ends up beating the hell out of Kallark? GOTG is one of the best titles going at the moment imo.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Stoic
GOTG is one of the best titles going at the moment imo. no

And didn't Drax get team busted by Glads?

DTM
IW Drax would be a better match against Gladiator, IMO. This current one doesnt seem to have the raw power needed to defeat this Superman clone.

Stoic
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
no

And didn't Drax get team busted by Glads?

Hey man you don't like the GOTG run so far? I'm hooked, most of the art is pretty decent, and it's not over the top in action, but they deliver it in small doses, with decent plot instead. What would you say is a great title at this moment? I mean a couple of the Avengers titles are better but other than those?

Kazenji
I'm more hanging out for the new GOTG book that will be starting up.

Stoic
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm more hanging out for the new GOTG book that will be starting up.

Huh? What new GOTG?

Kazenji
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/NovaThoughts/news/?a=102541

Stoic
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/NovaThoughts/news/?a=102541

Aside from the fine artwork, which would likely draw me in, I have always thought that the original GOTG were lame as shit, with their sup par stories, and luke warm villains. I'm sorry, don't mean to offend, but that's how I've always viewed them. The current GOTG who have been retconned as the original GOTG (due to time line) appeal a lot more to me, because most of the crew are edgy. Anyways, I hope Drax has a good showing against Gladiator.

zopzop
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
no
Thank you.

As to the thread, Gladiator better phucking win. I'd give Gladiator the majority against any version of Drax except Dumb Drax.

LeonBuco666
Yeah, current version is smarter but weaker.

If he was still an idiot, he'd win.

What a weird thing to say.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Stoic
Aside from the fine artwork, which would likely draw me in, I have always thought that the original GOTG were lame as shit, with their sup par stories, and luke warm villains. I'm sorry, don't mean to offend, but that's how I've always viewed them. The current GOTG who have been retconned as the original GOTG (due to time line) appeal a lot more to me, because most of the crew are edgy. Anyways, I hope Drax has a good showing against Gladiator.

To be fair, I've only read one issue of the old series featuring the original team and i've noticed Marvel has put some trades collecting old series.

leonidas
i'm enjoying gotg as well. can't see drax beating glads, and yes bran, he did seem to get team-busted along with the others. the whole team was VERY concerned when glads showed up. going by that showing, it seemed drax was well below that tier and more in line with ben grimm-esque strength. least that's how it seemed to me.

LeonBuco666
Wish they never nerfed Drax. Such a badass was the Classic Drax.

Demolishing stars and shit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.