Sun God vs current Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkSaint85
Sun God as seen in New Avengers 20.
vs
Hulk as seen in New Avengers 20.

Zack Fair
Shit. Its for real.

carver9
Lol...you didn't have to make a thread Dark but if we are using that version of Hulk, then he loses this.

Galan007
sun god wins, because he already won. thumb up

DarkSaint85
All depends, man. What if the Hulk he was fighting was Gray Hulk, and therefore not as strong/powerful/durable as Green, savage, Hulk?

Rao Kal El
Hulk was not green enough.

Sup.... er Sun god wins

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
All depends, man. What if the Hulk he was fighting was Gray Hulk, and therefore not as strong/powerful/durable as Green, savage, Hulk?

Why was his eyes green but the rest of his skin was greyish? Why was parts of his body turning green?

carver9
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Hulk was not green enough.

Sup.... er Sun god wins

He wasn't green at all.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Why was his eyes green but the rest of his skin was greyish?

Originally posted by Magnon
It's quite obvious that ALL the colours are warped during that encounter, due to the world being illuminated by a red/amber source (instead of the usual white light). Just take a look at the sky! The colourist actually did a great job, with e.g. the Hulk's green skin looking gray just as it should.

The reason why some parts of the Hulk, such as the eyes, occasionally appear green during that fight is simple: when he is angry he EMITS green light (especially from the eyes) in addition to having green pigment. That is, his colour is a combination of two effects:

(1) his intrinsic (weak) green glow
(2) his ordinary green pigment, which reflects gray when illuminated by red/amber light

Thus the illuminated parts of the Hulk's skin appear gray due to effect (2), which is the dominant contribution. On the other hand, the parts of his skin which are shadowed from the ambient light only send light due to effect (1) and therefore appear green.

You see this effect with the Norn as well. When it's emitting blue light, it makes his chrome helmet blue/gray. When not, it goes yellow.

Khazra Reborn
So now if a Hulk loses it's Grey Hulk? What is this even based on?

carver9
That goes against your entire argument. Especially if the light is dimming on him. Also, he took the serum before facing Sun God which reverts him back to Banner if he went Green.

carver9
"This injection makes me throttle back to Banner if I'm GREEN WITH RAGE".

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-06-25-13-46-15_zps3518d875.png.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-06-25-13-47-12_zps90a2b7e0.png.html

You can debate if this is the true Hulk or not but debating him being at his Prime when he injected himself with a controlling serum that would revert him back to Banner if he is greened out will not help you here.

DarkSaint85
That goes against your entire argument. Especially if the light is dimming on him. Also, he took the serum before facing Sun God which reverts him back to Banner if he went Green.

I was merely presenting Magnon's explanation, and adding that Norn's helmet did something similar.

Why can't parts of his body be in shadow and his eye glow? After all, Jovian, who is also green, had gray parts of his body as well which changed according to the panels.

Rao Kal El
Yeah and Sun god was also getting amped as they are fighting in the desert thus He was getting more solar juice.

This proves my theory that Gravage Hulk is the only Hulk Sup...er Sun God can defeat

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mecbpvGM3d1qih9gi.gif

DarkSaint85

Ahhhh I SEE the light now!

Banner, having installed a failsafe in his head that enables him to control himself and turn back into Banner when he's the Hulk...

...whilst in the MIDST of battle....

...decided, hey, this is THE perfect time to transform back into weak puny Banner. Banner power, ACTIVATE!

deathlife
Didn't Sun God already win this?

carver9
I was merely presenting Magnon's explanation, and adding that Norn's helmet did something similar.

Why can't parts of his body be in shadow and his eye glow? After all, Jovian, who is also green, had gray parts of his body as well which changed according to the panels.

Because half of his face was green while the other half wasn't and there was no shadow. Also...both of his eyes were glowing while half of his face was green. If the planet is red, why would green even show if we are using your scenario?

Estacado
Superman.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by deathlife

Well, I think carver's current theory is that he deliberately reverted himself back to Banner.

So what happens if he didn't?

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Galan007
sun god wins, because he already won. thumb up Originally posted by deathlife

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131112142753/glee/images/f/f7/Denial.gif

DarkSaint85
Because half of his face was green while the other half wasn't and there was no shadow. Also...both of his eyes were glowing while half of his face was green. If the planet is red, why would green even show if we are using your scenario?

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19200256_New_Avengers_v3_020-010.jpg

Because that's how the artist likes to show things? Note how Jovian, being green JUST LIKE HULK, also has grey shadow patches.

carver9
Ahhhh I SEE the light now!

Banner, having installed a failsafe in his head that enables him to control himself and turn back into Banner when he's the Hulk...

...whilst in the MIDST of battle....

...decided, hey, this is THE perfect time to transform back into weak puny Banner. Banner power, ACTIVATE!

Banner installed a failsafe because of what he said "to prevent him from going green and basically on a rampage". He took this before the fight, that scene happened moments later before the fight. Lol... to what again? to prevent himself from GOING GREEN WITH RAGE". Why would the writer even put that part in there if it wasn't for a reason. Lol.

DarkSaint85
Banner installed a failsafe because of what he said "to prevent him from going green and basically on a rampage". He took this before the fight, that scene happened moments later before the fight. Lol... to what again? to prevent himself from GOING GREEN WITH RAGE". Why would the writer even put that part in there if it wasn't for a reason. Lol.

So....you ARE saying that Banner deliberately, in the midst of battle, reverted himself back in case he damaged puny Sun God too much/damaged the Earth (which they were going to blow up anyway) too much?

Really?? That's what you're going with?

Estacado
Pr incoming in 8...7.....6...5..

carver9

Because that's how the artist likes to show things? Note how Jovian, being green JUST LIKE HULK, also has grey shadow patches.

Can the Jovian change colors like the Hulk? Don't know why you keep bringing him into this. I'm asking you why pieces of Hulk body was green and both eyes were green while his body wasn't the same color. If the lighting in the area turns green to grey, why be nitpicky with it? Everything concerning green should be grey, right? Parts of Hulk body and his eyes didn't match a lot of his body. Banner took an injection to prevent himself from Wilding out (i guess so that he will not attack his team mates). He tells us what the antidote does. It's clear cut Dark.

ares834
Originally posted by Estacado
Pr incoming in 8...7.....6...5..

Who is that in your sig/avy?

Edit: Ah, it's Vulcan.

carver9
So....you ARE saying that Banner deliberately, in the midst of battle, reverted himself back in case he damaged puny Sun God too much/damaged the Earth (which they were going to blow up anyway) too much?

Really?? That's what you're going with?

That's not what I am saying. Hulk was knocked out. Sun God did it. What I am saying is, Hulk wasn't at his prime. He took a serum to prevent himself from turning into his strongest incarnation. He took this before the fight. Why? So that he will not go green. Which is the reason why a green Hulk isnt fighting sun god. This isn't hard to comprehend.

Zack Fair
over

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Denial.

Zack Fair
Man if Carver is right then this means Marvel will never deliberately have Hulk lose fair and square.

Not sure what to make of that.

carver9
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Man if Carver is right then this means Marvel will never deliberately have Hulk lose fair and square.

Not sure what to make of that.

Zeus destroyed him. Complete annihilation. That will always be in the pages of Hulks history.

carver9
over

laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Can the Jovian change colors like the Hulk? Don't know why you keep bringing him into this. I'm asking you why pieces of Hulk body was green and both eyes were green while his body wasn't the same color. If the lighting in the area turns green to grey, why be nitpicky with it? Everything concerning green should be grey, right? Parts of Hulk body and his eyes didn't match a lot of his body. Banner took an injection to prevent himself from Wilding out (i guess so that he will not attack his team mates). He tells us what the antidote does. It's clear cut Dark.

Because that was how the artist showed it.

Here's them arriving in New Avengers 19. Look at Hulk in his bubble.

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2014/06/new-avengers-preview-001-100240.png

Green.

Zack Fair
Zeus destroyed him. Complete annihilation. That will always be in the pages of Hulks history. A fkn skyfather.

I'm not sure I like the idea of any character being unbeatable in their tier. It makes it stupid and only ruins the characters.

Edit ANd DarkSaint just won the thread and saved Marvel's credibitly. Yay.

carver9
@Dark...

Doesn't look green to me and the sun is still red. Also...look at Beast in that bubble. I guess him and Hulk are brothers.

carver9
A fkn skyfather.

I'm not sure I like the idea of any character being unbeatable in their tier. It makes it stupid and only ruins the characters.

Edit ANd DarkSaint just won the thread and saved Marvel's credibitly. Yay.

I thought he was going to win though. sad

He really didn't.

DarkSaint85
@Dark...

Doesn't look green to me and the sun is still red. Also...look at Beast in that bubble. I guess him and Hulk are brothers.

Did you somehow miss Strange's bubble around them? What difference does the sun make?

carver9

Did you somehow miss Strange's bubble around them? What difference does the sun make?

That Beast and Hulk are a dark color. Why did he take the serum before the fight Dark? Answer that for me.

DarkSaint85
That Beast and Hulk are a dark color. Why did he take the serum before the fight Dark? Answer that for me.

Of course they'd be darker , I doubt Strange had pure white light in that bubble.

He took the serum so that when he's losing a fight, he can quickly turn into Banner and play possum.

Also, so that he does not hurt his opponent too much. HULK IS THE KINDEST THERE IS!

Magnon

That planet IS illuminated by a reddish source, that much is obvious.

Allow me to go through some physics. Objects can appear colored due to two reasons: they can emit light themselves (i.e. act as light sources) or they can reflect ambient light. The color which is seen depends on the wavelength(s) of the light which are coming off of the object.

http://www.schome.ac.uk/wiki/images/3/36/EM_spectrum.jpg

The wavelength of green light is somewhere around 530 nm (nanometers).

Now if the object EMITS green light, you will always see it as green, because your eyes will then receive light with this ca. 530 nm wavelength. However, if the object is colored (due to pigment) but non-emitting, its observed color depends on the color of the illumination. Green pigment absorbs all the other wavelengths from the light but green which gets reflected and seen (roughly speaking). If such an object is illuminated with white light it will appear green because white light is composed of all colors. All but green gets absorbed. However, if the object is illuminated by RED/AMBER light, it cannot reflect green because there are no green wavelengths present in the incoming light to begin with. It will appear grayish.

Hulk's eyes appear green because they intrinsically emit green light whenever Hulk is angry. Just have a look at your avatar, Carver.

carver9
This is what we have. The Avengers shows up on the planet to talk to Sun God and the crew. During the time they are talking it skips to this scene...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-06-25-13-46-15_zps3518d875.png.html

Banner telling us about the injection and what it does. Then it skips back to the fight. Lol...why did the writer do this? Why did he even include that piece of information in a comic where the universe is about to be destroyed. Why have Banner talk about a serum that he is about to take and explaining what it does and then skip right back to the Avengers and the JLA lol? That scene didn't have ANYTHING to do with the circumstances at hand. Unless he wanted to advise us of a something that was going on during that fight. Why did he showcase Hulk eyes going green. That's not something new to us. THINK!!!

Zack Fair
I thought he was going to win though. sad

Of course you did. You're you. Only you thought he had a chance against Zeus.

As for my original point, I really hope that is not the direction they I going for. While i do not appreciate characters getting jobbed ala Thor, I also do not appreciate them reigning supreme in their tier. They need to have good competition that CAN and WILL put them on their asses.

carver9
Originally posted by Magnon
That planet IS illuminated by a reddish source, that much is obvious.

Allow me to go through some physics. Objects can appear colored due to two reasons: they can emit light themselves (i.e. act as light sources) or they can reflect ambient light. The color which is seen depends on the wavelength(s) of the light which are coming off of the object.

http://www.schome.ac.uk/wiki/images/3/36/EM_spectrum.jpg

The wavelength of green light is somewhere around 530 nm (nanometers).

Now if the object EMITS green light, you will always see it as green, because your eyes will then receive light with this ca. 530 nm wavelength. However, if the object is colored (due to pigment) but non-emitting, its observed color depends on the color of the illumination. Green pigment absorbs all the other wavelengths from the light but green which gets reflected and seen (roughly speaking). If such an object is illuminated with white light it will appear green because white light is composed of all colors. All but green gets absorbed. However, if the object is illuminated by RED/AMBER light, it cannot reflect green because there are no green wavelengths present in the incoming light to begin with. It will appear grayish.

Hulk's eyes appear green because they intrinsically emit green light whenever Hulk is angry. Just have a look at your avatar, Carver.

Read above and this isn't real life.

DarkSaint85
This is what we have. The Avengers shows up on the planet to talk to Sun God and the crew. During the time they are talking it skips to this scene...

Banner telling us about the injection and what it does. Then it skips back to the fight. Lol...why did the writer do this? Why did he even include that piece of information in a comic where the universe is about to be destroyed. Why have Banner talk about a series that he is about to take and explaining what it does and then skip right back to the Avengers and the JLA lol? That scene didn't have ANYTHING to do with the circumstances at hand. Unless he wanted to advise us of a something that was going on during that fight. Why did he showcase Hulk eyes going green. That's not something new to us. THINK!!!

So you've accepted that he was green Hulk now, at least?

When you've answered that, then I can move on to this point.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

At this point you could make Hickman come here and say that it was Hulk at full power and carver would still find some way to deny it.

carver9
So you've accepted that he was green Hulk now, at least?

When you've answered that, then I can move on to this point.

I said his eyes were green. Again, why did the writer even include the part about Banner and the serum and what it does?

carver9
I have you on ignore ABHI but I just want to throw out that Superman isn't sun god. So stop getting so happy.

Zack Fair
LOL@Carv saying Sun God is not Superman every 5 posts.

Has anyone even brought it up besides him? ROFL.

carver9

Lol...yes. In the respect thread.

abhilegend

Yeah, carver's meltdown is pretty epic. I picture him cursing at his monitor and typing furiously right now. Just one loss and he's probably pulling his hair out now.

laughing out loud

Zack Fair
Lol...yes. In the respect thread. I don't know man. i read the pages and it looked like it was you who brought it up first, but then again I read like the last 3-4 pages. Please tell me this hasn't gone on longer than that in the ownage.

You know I kind of admire this tenacity to keep defending your point. if it was me I would just drop it even if believed 100% in my point. So props. Keep it up. Make Darksaint lose his head.NOWZ. thumb up

DarkSaint85

Nah. He reminds me of Hyperion, more than anything.

I said his eyes were green. Again, why did the writer even include the part about Banner and the serum and what it does?

What it does....which is to enable him to control and de-control on command. It does NOT make him weaker, FFS. You keep asking me to think; well, why don't you, for a change?

You're saying whilst Sun God is beating down on him, he decides to throttle his Green rage...back? Banner, one of the five most intelligent men, has just seen his fist being caught by Sun God, goes Rrr? and gets smacked full in the face with Sun God's eyebeams....and decides THEN is a good time to, NOT let the rage take over, to turn back into Banner?

Don't forget, this is EXACTLY why writer's intent is NOT admissible on the fourm smile

Rao Kal El
laughing out loud

Btw he also performed mental gymnastics when zues defeated paks hulk

Wonder what will happen if spiderman defeated the hulk.... oh wait.

DarkSaint85
Make Darksaint lose his head.NOWZ. thumb up

To quote Ice Cube, I got d!ck for days, he got ass for weeks.

carver9
Back on topic. We have them at the battle scene with sun god and the crew as shown here.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-06-26-12-48-19_zps416118ed.png.html

Then it skips us to Bruce explaining what a serum does and actually showing him taking it (this scene was irrelevant. Didn't have a thing to do with the universe being destroyed. Didn't even add any pointers or anything. It was all about Bruce and the Serum and explaining what it does. Why put this in the comic).

After Bruce went on about what the serum does, it skips us back to the action.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-06-26-12-47-20_zps52a0de79.png.html

DarkSaint85
Back on topic. We have them at the battle scene with sun god and the crew as shown here.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-06-26-12-48-19_zps416118ed.png.html

Then it skips us to Bruce explaining what a serum does and actually showing him taking it (this scene was irrelevant. Didn't have a thing to do with the universe being destroyed. Didn't even add any pointers or anything. It was all about Bruce and the Serum and explaining what it does. Why put this in the comic).

After Bruce went on about what the serum does, it skips us back to the action.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-06-26-12-47-20_zps52a0de79.png.html

Hulk is afflicted by CIS of the highest order.

'I've been smashing this guy all day, now the tide has just about turned...better throttle the green back'.

THAT is the conclusion we have. Not throttling the rage forwards, but back.

carver9
Nah. He reminds me of Hyperion, more than anything.

What it does....which is to enable him to control and de-control on command. It does NOT make him weaker, FFS. You keep asking me to think; well, why don't you, for a change?

You're saying whilst Sun God is beating down on him, he decides to throttle his Green rage...back? Banner, one of the five most intelligent men, has just seen his fist being caught by Sun God, goes Rrr? and gets smacked full in the face with Sun God's eyebeams....and decides THEN is a good time to, NOT let the rage take over, to turn back into Banner?

Don't forget, this is EXACTLY why writer's intent is NOT admissible on the fourm smile

Where does it states on it let's him change on his own?

Never said it would make this incarnation of the Hulk weaker but what it does it reverts him back to Banner if he goes green with rage. When he's green it's due to rage so he didn't get the chance to make it there even though it appears that his body was trying to revert him to that stage (which is the reason they showcased his eyes going green and part of his skin trying to follow it). I'm trying to figure out why would they even highlight his eyes going green when that's a natural thing for a full fledge green Hulk? I know why. Don't you.

DarkSaint85
It give me some manner of control over when I change...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/carver9/Screenshot_2014-06-25-13-46-15_zps3518d875.png

DarkSaint85
Where does it states on it let's him change on his own?

Never said it would make this incarnation of the Hulk weaker but what it does it reverts him back to Banner if he goes green with rage. When he's green it's due to rage so he didn't get the chance to make it there even though it appears that his body was trying to revert him to that stage (which is the reason they showcased his eyes going green and part of his skin trying to follow it). I'm trying to figure out why would they even highlight his eyes going green when that's a natural thing for a full fledge green Hulk? I know why. Don't you.

He's already green when he arrives doe.

Rao Kal El
He's already green when he arrives doe.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140321171404/fantendo/images/d/d8/Office-no.gif

carver9
Hulk is afflicted by CIS of the highest order.

'I've been smashing this guy all day, now the tide has just about turned...better throttle the green back'.

THAT is the conclusion we have. Not throttling the rage forwards, but back.

Or he couldn't revert. They put a close up on Hulk's face. His skin is trying to change, parts of it is getting green while some is still grey.

carver9
It give me some manner of control over when I change...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/carver9/Screenshot_2014-06-25-13-46-15_zps3518d875.png

So it gives him control when he is green and in a rage? What's the point of the antidote?

-Pr-
Where does it say that he's weaker with the antidote?

Looks like Sun God (who, remember guys, is totally not Superman) is fighting Green Hulk to me.

DarkSaint85
So it gives him control when he is green and in a rage? What's the point of the antidote?

So he doesn'tturn into the Hulk when Tony slaps Banner, for example. He can throttle it back.

At the same time, he can turn into the Hulk at will.

Zack Fair
Imagine if Hulk got humiliated femdom Emma Frost style.

Come to think of it Hulk is kind of lucky Red Hulk is out there to take the "Tough brick that must be owned to prove new bad guy's power" spot.

eaebiakuya
Sun God wins.

And it is not low showing for Hulk. He just lost a fight against someone stronger than him. Low showing is losing to someone we know he is stronger (Hulk losing against Batman).

But in Hulk fans mind, everytime someone overpower Hulk is PIS/low showing.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I like how Carver went from arguing it was an alternate Hulk to he was being weakened by the control chip to it being Grey Hulk all within the span of one day.

laughing out loud

This is the best.

Imagine if Hulk went through the slump Thor did a few years ago. He's lucky Rulk is around and Hulk joined the Avengers when it has a lot of big guns.

Warlord
i think rage pretty much sealed it in the ownage thread

-Pr-
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I like how Carver went from arguing it was an alternate Hulk to he was being weakened by the control chip to it being Grey Hulk all within the span of one day.

laughing out loud

This is the best.

Imagine if Hulk went through the slump Thor did a few years ago. He's lucky Rulk is around and Hulk joined the Avengers when it has a lot of big guns.

I have to admit, that in all seriousness the colouring is either really poor, or really inconsistent at times.

carver9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
It's definitely there. Parts of his body were turning green and the rest was a grayer colouration

http://i62.tinypic.com/sxypl4.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/2nb7orq.jpg

DarkSaint85
Also look at Dr Spectrum. Her outfit goes from:
http://abload.de/img/6b5y2y.png

To:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19200248_New_Avengers_v3_020-009.jpg

But. Maybe its different artists/colourers. Let's look at the same comic.

Norn, with his silver chrome helmet (which would reflect the light):
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19200239_New_Avengers_v3_020-008.jpg

To:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19200318_New_Avengers_v3_020-018.jpg

But you know what? Let's use another example. The Jovian. We all know he's green, right? Lovely and green. Just like J'onn J'obber (see above for the meeting pic).

Grey green????

Rage.Of.Olympus
And Black Panther was turning yellow.

This is some desperate shit.

DarkSaint85
Jeez, guys.

Right.

Here's a handy chart for different pigments under different light:
http://www.d.umn.edu/~mharvey/56jul3.jpg
Source:http://www.d.umn.edu/~mharvey/handbook5607.html

Note what Green pigments look like under a red/amber light. The green sections of Hulk are shadow.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
And Black Panther was turning yellow.

This is some desperate shit.

The Rider is now channeling Azrael, it would seem.............

eaebiakuya
Red Namor is stronger than regular Namor ? Was he amped or weakened in that issue ?

carver9
I'm done with this. I'll wait until the next issue.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Hulk is Green, this is art, the Artist, who knows his work, uses the red light of the sun in his coloration to make his artwork as realistic as possible, that's why hulk isn't looking as green as he would under a yellow sunlight.

Simple as this.

Sun God beat the Hulk at his best (sans WBH)

DarkSaint85
I'm done with this. I'll wait until the next issue.

thumb up
We don't have enough information as of yet. So far, all the intel points towards Green Hulk.

Not that it matters, Sun God is no Supes.

carver9
thumb up
We don't have enough information as of yet. So far, all the intel points towards Grey Hulk.

Yeah...let's discuss this next week.

Existere
Sun God is a really stupid name

DarkSaint85
Yeah...let's discuss this next week.

Jeez, guys.

Right.

Note what Green pigments look like under a red/amber light. The green sections of Hulk are shadow.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Existere
Sun God is a really stupid name

Yeah,

Sunman or Supergod would have been better. big grin

carver9

Lol...why did you post that? Do you honestly have to get the last word in everything? DANG!!!

DarkSaint85

So he can change at will.

This is your scan.

'It gives me some manner of control over when I change'

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/NewAvengersv3018-022_zpsd44b3277.jpg

Rao Kal El
thumb up
We don't have enough information as of yet. So far, all the intel points towards Green Hulk.

Agreed cheap copies dials cant go up to 11 big grin

Poor Carver

deathlife
Hulk losing to Sun God isn't really that big of a deal.

If I remember correctly, Sun God took on a couple of Mapmakers in New Avengers. He isn't JUST a Superman clone.

I suspect he's a little above high herald and closer to Trans tier.

Stoic
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
So now if a Hulk loses it's Grey Hulk? What is this even based on?

Baked ass is what it's based on. The Hulk lost, and until this seemingly more intelligent Hulk shows anything he loses as well. Sun God knocked the Hulk out, and he reverted to Banner.

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
Baked ass is what it's based on. The Hulk lost, and until this seemingly more intelligent Hulk shows anything he loses as well. Sun God knocked the Hulk out, and he reverted to Banner.

He was intelligent. What are you talking about? He was even asking about equations. You're not a true Hulk fan.

Stoic
He was intelligent. What are you talking about? He was even asking about equations. You're not a true Hulk fan.

Intelligent with no feats. As of now Sun God wins this. They may have a rematch. but until or if that happens it's a loss.

If Howard Stern walked in just before the match, and asked both of them if they knew what was at stake, it would go a little like this.

Howard Stern: Okay guys you know what's at stake, so you know that everyone that you love is at stake if you lose. Do you understand this?

Sun God: Of course i understand

Hulk: Hulk no dummy.

They both knew what the stakes were. Both were standing there.

Hulk lost period. This isn't about being a fan, it's about me not willing to see something that was not there, and claim that it was. When the Hulk was eliminated by Thanos' crew, he was walking around with the same intelligence quotient that he had when Sun God eliminated him as well, and he was green unless otherwise stated somewhere. Listen brother everyone's favorite hero takes a rough one to the butt cheeks from time to time. Thor was given the scrub treatment for years up until recently. I mean he was being KO'd by blaster fire. It happens.

Stoic
Also Carver, did you ever take time to think that Sun God may get the Rulk treatment? It's obvious that Marvel isn't going to kill off every investment on 616 Earth for a team of new guys on the block. They will likely find a way to merge the two Earth's, and Sun God and crew will become a 616 team. This is what I'm thinking.

-Pr-

You're one to talk.

The Sorrow
I know you're a hardcore Hulk fan Carver but no need to rise to the bait, Darksaint literally baited you into a needless thread that's already 5/6 pages long. It seems as though there might be some context to that fight if your scan was indeed from pages in between the melee, as Beast asks Banner why he is limiting himself but I haven't read the book myself.

Plus Sun God didn't actually overpower Hulk even though he claimed to be stronger, if anything it was Hulk who manhandled him. Even if Banner wasn't limiting his savage side, every character gets beat at some point and it was a pretty clean loss. It's bound to happen from time to time with Hulk being on quite a few team books now and this Sun God seems to be very powerful from I've seen/heard.

quanchi112
Read above and this isn't real life. Carver, this defense is pathetic. Just accept he lost.

dial J for Josh
Oh Snap! I've been gone for a while but I come back and see a Sun God vs Hulk thread. Lol I didn't even read any post yet, but I already see 5 pages..... This should be good. I am anticipating chaos, low-balling, high-balling, ridiculous arguments, anger, tears with a hint of -Pr- and Bada threats. This will be a good read!

psycho gundam
just for the record I'm just seeing the green parts brought up in the argument and highlighted that they were nonsensical art wise, but the other pages seem to have the same issue so you're taking the L.

continuing this argument will only bring more negative spins on the hulk character so if you care about debating him properly you should give it a rest.

throw the towel in already

Diesldude
I liked how they finally answered hulk's "Strongest One there is" line.

He's the strongest one there is alright, but in his universe. This isn't a crossover, it's coming direct from Marvel.

Carver, does the Hulk change colors from book to book and page to page? Just wondering.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Diesldude
I liked how they finally answered hulk's "Strongest One there is" line.

He's the strongest one there is alright, but in his universe. This isn't a crossover, it's coming direct from Marvel.

Carver, does the Hulk change colors from book to book and page to page? Just wondering. http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/48291522.jpg

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by The Sorrow
I know you're a hardcore Hulk fan Carver but no need to rise to the bait, Darksaint literally baited you into a needless thread that's already 5/6 pages long. It seems as though there might be some context to that fight if your scan was indeed from pages in between the melee, as Beast asks Banner why he is limiting himself but I haven't read the book myself.

Plus Sun God didn't actually overpower Hulk even though he claimed to be stronger, if anything it was Hulk who manhandled him. Even if Banner wasn't limiting his savage side, every character gets beat at some point and it was a pretty clean loss. It's bound to happen from time to time with Hulk being on quite a few team books now and this Sun God seems to be very powerful from I've seen/heard.

Wasn't a bait thread as such, I just didn't want to clog the ownage thread up with our ramblings.

The 'context' that carver produced was to provide a reason why in New Avengers 18, Hulk could trigger his transformation at will without the need to get angry.

TheHulk
......Their is no need for this thread...

Warlord
I wouldn't be surprised though if Hickman does a rematch with Hulk smashing Superm.... ummm Sun God

The Sorrow
The 'context' that carver produced was to provide a reason why in New Avengers 18, Hulk could trigger his transformation at will without the need to get angry.
Banner could already change by himself, he has done from the very 1st issue of Hickmans run, unless I've missed something and Bruce lost this ability along the way.

DarkSaint85
Banner could already change by himself, he has done from the very 1st issue of Hickmans run, unless I've missed something and Bruce lost this ability along the way.

True, I'm just going by what Banner said about giving himself control over when he could change.

carver9
When did he say that?

TheHulk
When did he say that? Carver, you act as if Hulk purposely turned to a weaker Hulk laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheHulk
Carver, you act as if Hulk purposely turned to a weaker Hulk laughing out loud laughing out loud

carver9
Carver, you act as if Hulk purposely turned to a weaker Hulk laughing out loud

Not acting...pointing out that Banner didn't want Hulk to go green and in a rage which tends to result on Hulk attacking his team mates. This was stated on panel.

laughing out loud

psycho gundam
can Pr close this please?

Diesldude
How do you guys think SunGod took Hulk off of him?
Did he use Heat Vision or did he overpower Hulk, threw him off and then blasted him with heat vision?

Zack Fair
Looked to me like the force behind the heat vision sent him flying. *shrug*

Diesldude
Looked to me like the force behind the heat vision sent him flying. *shrug*

I don't know, cause if it was the heat vision, 1) it would have hit the hulk in the chest and not in his vagina with his legs up.

2)The dialogue between the Hulk and Sungod.

Hulk says he's the strongest there is, Sungod says only in his universe, overpowers the hulk and there by confusing him. That's why Hulk had that dumb look like this can't be happening cause he thought he was the strongest one there is.

and finally 3) Sungod is based on Superman, superman's heat vision is hot and isn't known to deliver force.

quanchi112
I don't know, cause if it was the heat vision, 1) it would have hit the hulk in the chest and not in his vagina with his legs up.

Hulk says he's the strongest there is, Sungod says only in his universe, overpowers the hulk and there by confusing him. That's why Hulk had that dumb look like this can't be happening cause he thought he was the strongest one there is.

and finally 3) Sungod is based on Superman, superman's heat vision is hot and isn't known to deliver force. Sungod isn't Superman. That's ridiculous.

Diesldude
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sungod isn't Superman. That's ridiculous. That's true, but what do you think he did?

Zack Fair

and finally 3) Sungod is based on Superman, superman's heat vision is hot and isn't known to deliver force. Well you can say he overpowered him, but to me it looked like he blocked the punch(which is a pretty nice feat on its own) and then blasted him with heat vision. Hulk may have had the dumb confused look on his face because he saw Sun God's glowing before he got blasted with heat vision. He probably didn't know what that showed/what was coming next.

carver9
Well you can say he overpowered him, but to me it looked like he blocked the punch(which is a pretty nice feat on its own) and then blasted him with heat vision. Hulk may have had the dumb confused look on his face because he saw Sun God's glowing before he got blasted with heat vision. He probably didn't know what that showed/what was coming next.

This. Pretty obvious it was the heat vision that did it.

DarkSaint85
When did he say that?

Stated on panel. Read your own scan. Here, I have zoomed in and circled it for you.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/Screenshot_2014-06-25-13-46-15_zps9b603ac7.png

You do this everytime. You must think people fall for it - if you ignore the arguments made, then repeat yourself a few days/weeks later, people wouldn't pick up on it.

DarkSaint85
3) Sungod is based on Superman, superman's heat vision is hot and isn't known to deliver force.

Yes it does.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7015/2280096-heat_vision_04___concussive_beam__superman_v.2_75_.jpg

Zack Fair
Yeah. I dont know what point he is trying to make. I suppose he wants to say he owned hulk physically and that somehow means Marvel conceded that Superman >Hulk? I dunno lol. Still his heat vision does pack force behind it. It is not just heat.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, not that it matters, as Sun God is no Superman.

Diesldude
Yeah. I dont know what point he is trying to make. I suppose he wants to say he owned hulk physically and that somehow means Marvel conceded that Superman >Hulk? I dunno lol. Still his heat vision does pack force behind it. It is not just heat.

C'Mon. It's wouldn't be the first time hulk has been pushed off or punched away..

Why would it be a big deal if it happened here? stick out tongue

TheHulk
Not acting...pointing out that Banner didn't want Hulk to go green and in a rage which tends to result on Hulk attacking his team mates. This was stated on panel.

laughing out loud Come to think of it, that line makes it more like a prof Hulk thing?

The Sorrow
True, I'm just going by what Banner said about giving himself control over when he could change.
He also said it would allow him to "throttle back" his rage to which Beast asks "why the limitation?" Typically Banner exerting more control over the Hulk will dial back the savage side of his persona, which is the side that allows him to reach those higher levels of rage.

Whether this was in play during the fight I don't know, but I don't see how given that scene it's not in any way, shape or form at least plausible that Hickman left an "out" here?

Kid Kurdy
The least you can say is that the colour of Hulk while fighting Sun God skin is questionable.

It really isn't plain green, and I don't think it's just the artists impression.

Carver is probably right on this one.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
on the Hulk vs Sungod

Why are we equating Sungod beating Hulk as making Hulk weak, when it was obvs meant to portray Sungod as being strong as all get out?

TheHulk
He also said it would allow him to "throttle back" his rage to which Beast asks "why the limitation?" Typically Banner exerting more control over the Hulk will dial back the savage side of his persona, which is the side that allows him to reach those higher levels of rage.

Whether this was in play during the fight I don't know, but I don't see how given that scene it's not in any way, shape or form at least plausible that Hickman left an "out" here? This is basically Carver's argument.

Except more refined.

LordofBrooklyn
Enough talk!

Unleash.....

CARVER PRIME!

dial J for Josh

Whether this was in play during the fight I don't know, but I don't see how given that scene it's not in any way, shape or form at least plausible that Hickman left an "out" here?

Well said Sorrow. Logical and to the point. I always knew that there was a possibilit hulk wasn't even at his true base form. Especially given Hickmans writing nature. With Hickman you absolutely have to pay attention to detail, because he does everything for a reason. The fact that Hickman added that scene/explanation regarding banners transformation more than likely means something significant. Imo the hulk that fought Sun God in the latest New Avengers was a low herald. I cant wait for the next issue of New Avengers so we can put a halt to this debate.

carver9
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Well said Sorrow. Logical and to the point. I always knew that there was a possibilit hulk wasn't even at his true base form. Especially given Hickmans writing nature. With Hickman you absolutely have to pay attention to detail, because he does everything for a reason. The fact that Hickman added that scene/explanation regarding banners transformation more than likely means something significant. Imo the hulk that fought Sun God in the latest New Avengers was a low herald. I cant wait for the next issue of New Avengers so we can put a halt to this debate.

thumb up I'm about to post some scenes to add a Lil more fire to this. One sec.

LordofBrooklyn

CARVER PRIME IS HERE!

The Sorrow
This is basically Carver's argument.

Except more refined.
It was more drawing light to it than arguing the case, that it's at least a possibility Hulk may not have been at his best or "shackled" to a degree. Carver had a point he just went about getting it across in the wrong way.

Prof. T.C McAbe
SG already won, why is this going on? The only Hulk that might stand a chance is WBH.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
SG already won, why is this going on? The only Hulk that might stand a chance is WBH.

Lol I love you Prof.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Lol I love you Prof.

Because you are reasonable, have a sense of humor and are handsome wink.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by maxivitopowe

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

OMG.

DarkSaint85

Except that wasn't carver's argument.

Carver was arguing that the Hulk we saw was Grey Hulk, whereas you're arguing he was in effect, Professor Hulk.

Carver's arguing that it was Grey Hulk on the planet, when we saw hewas already green when they landed.

carver9

Carver was arguing that the Hulk we saw was Grey Hulk, whereas you're arguing he was in effect, Professor Hulk.

Carver's arguing that it was Grey Hulk on the planet, when we saw hewas already green when they landed.

I'm not the only one that agrees thinks this. The fight is questionable...that's all that matters.

heisetx
Hulk snaps his shit up...

Good fight sun God, but hulk ftw

TheHulk
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Enough talk!

Unleash.....

CARVER PRIME! You're setting standards too low for Carver wink

TheHulk

Carver's arguing that it was Grey Hulk on the planet, when we saw hewas already green when they landed. But at least he was trying to argue about Hulk not being at his best....or something like that.

Blah, i can't even defend him laughing

DarkSaint85

One Year Later......

carver9

Prof. T.C McAbe
One Year Later......

Carver: One Year Later

A comic I would read.

DarkSaint85

So even Sorrow admits that he doesn't know whether it was in play during the fight - and yet, here you are, fighting tooth and nail.

Besides, he's arguing a Doc Green scenario. You're arguing a Gray Hulk scenario.

carver9
The only thing we need to understand is Hulk took an antidote before facing Sun God. An antidote that had an affect on his power. I feel solid with my argument.

Blue Area Vet
So even Sorrow admits that he doesn't know whether it was in play during the fight - and yet, here you are, fighting tooth and nail.

Besides, he's arguing a Doc Green scenario. You're arguing a Gray Hulk scenario.

It was. It's simply a matter of looking at the time line of events. You are trying to cast doubt.

DarkSaint85
The only thing we need to understand is Hulk took an antidote before facing Sun God. An antidote that had an affect on his power. I feel solid with my argument.

Zero proof that he was gray when they landed. The serum was supposedly so he could throttle back when green with rage - but he was green before they fought, and when they fought.

In the year since, has Hulk ever reverted when he was green?

carver9
Zero proof that he was gray when they landed. The serum was supposedly so he could throttle back when green with rage - but he was green before they fought, and when they fought.

In the year since, has Hulk ever reverted when he was green?

Wait a minute. How do you know he was green when you said the planet changed the color of his appearance?

DarkSaint85
Wait a minute. How do you know he was green when you said the planet changed the color of his appearance?

Damn. You got me there. Oh wait, no, you didn't.

I used my eyes.

I know what the other people (Norn, Jovian etc) looked like under normal light.

I know how their colours SHOULD look under different lights, and can compare it to the comic.

See my post, OY ago:

Also look at Dr Spectrum. Her outfit goes from:
http://abload.de/img/6b5y2y.png

To:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19200248_New_Avengers_v3_020-009.jpg

But. Maybe its different artists/colourers. Let's look at the same comic.

Norn, with his silver chrome helmet (which would reflect the light):
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19200239_New_Avengers_v3_020-008.jpg

To:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19200318_New_Avengers_v3_020-018.jpg

But you know what? Let's use another example. The Jovian. We all know he's green, right? Lovely and green. Just like J'onn J'obber (see above for the meeting pic).

Grey green????

Here is the chart:
Jeez, guys.

Right.

Sin I AM
Was there a rematch?

carver9
Ok...you avoided my question. Let me ask again. If the color of the sun changed the appearance of the characters, how do you know Hulk was green?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>