Flash tries to speed steal the following characters:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
The Thing
Iron Man
Nightcrawler
Kitty Pryde
Hulk
Superman
Thor
Doc Strange
Silver Surfer
Thanos
Odin
Galactus

Where does he succeed and where does he fail? And why?

yaadaveyaa
y is kitty pride on this list?

Zack Fair
I'd say it becomes iffy when he reaches Surfer. It would then be a matter of Power Cosmic vs Speed Force. I don't see it happening against Odin and definitely not Big G. Unless of course we're talking "Barry Allen saves everything ala COIE" mode.

DarkSaint85
Possibly Odin.

Depends how you see the speedsteal working.

For example, with a car, it does not matter what fuel is inside the car, if he steals it from all the moving components, then the car stops.

SamZED
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
y is kitty pride on this list? Wanted to add someone with hax powers.

leonidas
he DID steal from dc's surtur i believe, did he not? i think it would work on both odin and galactus initially. i do think both would be able to overcome it though in one way or other. the others would be totally f'd. MAYBE ss could counterbalance the effect in some way after being initially affected....

JBL
Odin and Galactus would laugh at flash trying to steal their speed.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by JBL
Odin and Galactus would laugh at flash trying to steal their speed.
correct.

carver9
He isn't stealing Surfer speed either.

DarkSaint85
He steals the kinetic energy from atoms. Stops them moving.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Do I really have to list everything the Surfer has done with the power cosmic? It's more versatile and has a powerful defense.

DarkSaint85
OK.

Not saying its not more versatile. Or that it does not have a powerful defense.

LeonBuco666
He will be able to steal the speed momentarily from the surfer.

By momentarily I mean the time it takes flash to run 100 metres

riv6672
Stops at Doc Strange.

leonidas
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

shhh...people don't like to hear that kind of thing. it's hilarious, really, the sense of impending fear people get when flash is brought up. it's classic dc angst/hate by some people. in dc the speed force was every bit as essential as the power cosmic. it is a FUNDAMENTAL force of the dcu. flash could control it, like ss can control the pc, though it has less overall versatility. can anyone of you who so cavalierly dismiss the ability name me ONE being who (a) resisted the attack, (b) reversed the attack, or (c) was proven flat out immune to the attack?

i'll await your answers eagerly. smile

Existere
I think it's totally reasonable to assert that Surfer, Thanos, Odin or Galactus could all use their own energy manipulation to control their own kinetic energy and resist it being sapped, but (certainly for Surfer, anyways), only if they were prepared to do exactly that before Flash slowed them absolutely.

It's a battle of plot device powers though, so there's no right answer.

riv6672
What he said.
I was basically giving Surfer and up the benefit of the doubt. Cant speak for others.

leonidas
Originally posted by Existere
I think it's totally reasonable to assert that Surfer, Thanos, Odin or Galactus could all use their own energy manipulation to control their own kinetic energy and resist it being sapped, but (certainly for Surfer, anyways), only if they were prepared to do exactly that before Flash slowed them absolutely.

It's a battle of plot device powers though, so there's no right answer.

reasonable? oh, absolutely. i spent several pages in some thread suggesting that ss could overcome the effects of the speed steal. odin and galactus should certainly be able to do so after an initial taste of it. but to dismiss it as impossible out of hand? not buying that at all. the thing is, marvel has no equivalent. we can only go by how it has affected dc characters of various levels. it has worked perfectly on guys like superman, and even powerful mystical entities like surtur. so i don't think it unreasonable to suggest that it COULD work (to varying degrees) on any herald, and that it may well affect even greater powers, for varying lengths of time. to my knowledge, no one has ever simply no-sold the attack.

the other thing is--kinetic energy falls in the purview of the speed force. as a master of the speed force, it's not illogical to think flash's mastery over kinetic energy may well exceed ss's, though he may STILL have other avenues of attack.

s'all i'm saying. smile

riv6672
Nicely said.

Existere
thumb up

I mostly agree. My only point of contention is: the Speed Force may be a universal, fundamental force that governs kinetic energy, but the Power Cosmic is a universal, fundamental force that governs all energy. I think it's a mistake to say that kinetic energy has more to do with the Speed Force than PC.

srug

h1a8
There's no defense. Flash can take it faster than they can get it back.

One-Punch
Any powerful enough energy manipulator has the potential to resist. Energy is energy.

abhilegend
Originally posted by One-Punch
Any powerful enough energy manipulator has the potential to resist. Energy is energy.
Nobody in DC has resisted it though. He has absorbed the kinetic energy of entire Earth two times. Hard to say surfer can resist it.

Mindset
Originally posted by leonidas
reasonable? oh, absolutely. i spent several pages in some thread suggesting that ss could overcome the effects of the speed steal. odin and galactus should certainly be able to do so after an initial taste of it. but to dismiss it as impossible out of hand? not buying that at all. the thing is, marvel has no equivalent. we can only go by how it has affected dc characters of various levels. it has worked perfectly on guys like superman, and even powerful mystical entities like surtur. so i don't think it unreasonable to suggest that it COULD work (to varying degrees) on any herald, and that it may well affect even greater powers, for varying lengths of time. to my knowledge, no one has ever simply no-sold the attack.

the other thing is--kinetic energy falls in the purview of the speed force. as a master of the speed force, it's not illogical to think flash's mastery over kinetic energy may well exceed ss's, though he may STILL have other avenues of attack.

s'all i'm saying. smile I really don't see any way that Flash is stealing Galactus' speed.

SquallX
If this is Barry Allen from COIE, no ones stopping him.

Same thing with Bart after he absorbs the full Speed Force. The only one that can stop it is Odin and Galactus.

riv6672
Yeah, okay this makes sense to me.

h1a8
Originally posted by One-Punch
Any powerful enough energy manipulator has the potential to resist. Energy is energy. His power doesn't work like that. He literally takes kinetic energy away. Nothing can stop that directly.

No one can block or shield their kinetic energy. Otherwise, they can't move if they do so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.