Best Defense against Juyo/Vaapad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TobaccoRoad
Everyone's like making really deep threads and stuff and I'm just over here like "hmmm.... I wonder what the best way to defend against Form 7 is?". Please excuse the grammar I not English very hard.

Emperordmb
LOL Form III

TobaccoRoad
I realize Soresu is the defensive form, but it was originally made for blaster fire. Not disputing the fact that it is very good at the defending, but I am considering it may not work against the Form 7 because it is very special and unpredicated in ways unseen.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by TobaccoRoad
I realize Soresu is the defensive form, but it was originally made for blaster fire. Not disputing the fact that it is very good at the defending, but I am considering it may not work against the Form 7 because it is very special and unpredicated in ways unseen.
Well as far as pure defense goes, Form III is almost always the best.

If you are asking about countering and not just defending, then perhaps there would be a different answer.

TobaccoRoad
Thank you greatly for the explain

WildBantha88
best counter would be Makashi....Makashi in general is a lot less of an emotional martial art. Even Form 1 can call for great emotions when fighting. But Makashi is the most tactical mind setted off the martial arts. Vaapad shouldn't be getting a boost from you and the frenzy of Juyo can be met with a calculating eye and a skilled blade. Makashi could deflect and parry the attacks of Juyo, feeding frustration into an enemy that is already calling on strong negative emotions, encouraging the enemy to give into those strong emotions and make a mistake

Darth Abonis
Force abilities.

Tzeentch
Being a better fighter then the other guy is the best defence.

Martial arts isn't rock/paper/scizzors. Skill is more important than naked technique.

WildBantha88
Yes well this is assuming two people of equel skill with said forms fighting each other. Different forms can counter each other. Example Form 5 can be difficult for Form 2, Form 2 generally will out spar a Form 1. form 3 allows Form 4 to burn themselves out.

Assuming equel skill with each Form, what is the best form to counter said form with

juyomaster34
agreed,imo it would be another practitioner or master of the same form.
In the spirit of competition it would go to the better fighter,whom is not as equally skilled but highly skilled.

A duelist who truly understands his craft as well as Force abilities.
And if both opponents are equally skilled then imo
the winner is decided by who truly knows the ins and outs of the style
as well as which one can adapt to break the stalemate.

Emperordmb
Form VII is a very highly advanced form.

King Joker
The best counter/defense would be Form III and/or Form VI. Form VI because of the frequent use if force abilities.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by King Joker
The best counter/defense would be Form III and/or Form VI. Form VI because of the frequent use if force abilities.
As far as typical practitioners go, your average Form VI practitioner would be completely raped by your average Form VII practitioner.

juyomaster34
It is said if you frustrate the two.
isn't frustration an emotion?
An emotion that both can feed off?

both forms feed off the thrill of battle.
whether the emotion is positive or negative.

If there is no emotional boost from the opponent,then the practitioner or master feeds off himself. or another source.

Both are very unpredictable and Force heavy.

Juyo and Vaapad has broken through Soresu's defenses.
Meaning a Soresu practitioner/master is only delaying the inevitable.
They might survive the battle but winning it,imo I don't think so...

Selenial
Form 5, literally the only thing you can hope to do is tire out your opponent, so anyone with Form V mastered, and expertise in an offensive form could theoretically take out a vapaad user.

However this all goes to shits if you're Dark Side

Sinious
Best defense is a good offense.

King Joker
Originally posted by Emperordmb
As far as typical practitioners go, your average Form VI practitioner would be completely raped by your average Form VII practitioner.
True. I guess it'd have to be an advanced Form VI user.

Board Walker
I'm going to say any form can beat Juuyo/vaapad, it just comes down to who is more skilled. If both participants are equally skilled then it comes down to context of the environment, or external factors that may favor one over the other.

ares834
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Being a better fighter then the other guy is the best defence.

Martial arts isn't rock/paper/scizzors. Skill is more important than naked technique.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.