Proxima Midnight vs Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Hyperion from avengers vs Proxima Midnight. Who wins ?

Insane Titan
Proxima wins

Warlord
Sun God

cdtm
Hyper wins, with ease.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Proxima wins

Ill bite. Why?

carver9
Proxima wins. Her ground bash took Hyperion completely out of the fight and her weapon is too got darn Haxed. Great character but worst concept ever.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Ill bite. Why?

Hype is not Sun God smokin'

abhilegend
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Ill bite. Why?
She beat hulk, that's why.

Khazra Reborn
Hyperion has speed, flight, and mobility. He'll have no problem evading PM's net, and closing the gap. Then up close he snaps her like a twig.

leonidas
Originally posted by abhilegend

laughing out loud thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Hyperion has speed, flight, and mobility. He'll have no problem evading PM's net, and closing the gap. Then up close he snaps her like a twig.

Spectrum couldn't dodge the net.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by carver9
Spectrum couldn't dodge the net.

That doesn't nescessarily mean Hyperion can't. Either way, even if she did net him two universes >>>>surface of a star. smokin'

carver9
That doesn't nescessarily mean Hyperion can't. Either way, even if she did net him two universes >>>>surface of a star. smokin'

Uuuummmm...if she can't Hyperion can't. Lol...can't disagree with the universe thing though. With that said, Hyperion>>> LT.

thumb up

celeyhyga17
Hyperion. Just because Hulk is susceptible to the spear, doesn't mean he is.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Hyperion. Just because Hulk is susceptible to the spear, doesn't mean he is.

I don't think Hulk would outrun the spear either and she has already damaged Hyperion tremendously with a spear smash. This was without using the sun weight. So yeah, I see no reason why she shouldn't win.

Khazra Reborn
When did she damage Hype? Or are you thinking of Corvus? Corvus damn near chopped Hype in two.

celeyhyga17
I don't think Hulk would outrun the spear either and she has already damaged Hyperion tremendously with a spear smash. This was without using the sun weight. So yeah, I see no reason why she shouldn't win.
How "damaged" did you think he was? I ask because he looked fine soon after, then atomized Corpus Glaive.

celeyhyga17
When did she damage Hype? Or are you thinking of Corvus? Corvus damn near chopped Hype in two.
He cut him sure, but it was far from being chopped in two.

Khazra Reborn
Yeah, chopped it two was probably a bad way to put it. But he did damn near cut his arm and shoulder off. It wasn't like a shallow stab wound or whatever.

DarkSaint85
A random Wakandan was able to out react the spear.

Cap was able to out react the spear.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
How "damaged" did you think he was? I ask because he looked fine soon after, then atomized Corpus Glaive.

He could barely stand. A second attack like that would have most definitely dropped him and that wasn't her most powerful. Then she was able to block his heat vision attack while taking on other people. Everything points to her winning this.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Just stop. Captain America reacted to a blitz from a Hyperion that was trying to kill him. The same Hyperion in this thread. So your argument does not hold weight. Especially since her attack DID hit Cap. Batman survived numerous of attacks from a Superman that was trying to kill him. I guess that means Superman is weak.

As for the spear bash...here it is...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-06-27-14-23-40_zps3df507ca.png.html

He isn't out but he was hurt by it. A second or third one would have stopped him.

eaebiakuya

cdtm
Maybe the spear could catch him. Maybe.

Doesn't mean she has reflexes or personal speed enough to stop a rushdown.

DarkSaint85
Just stop. Captain America reacted to a blitz from a Hyperion that was trying to kill him. The same Hyperion in this thread. So your argument does not hold weight. Especially since her attack DID hit Cap. Batman survived numerous of attacks from a Superman that was trying to kill him. I guess that means Superman is weak.

As for the spear bash...here it is...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-06-27-14-23-40_zps3df507ca.png.html

He isn't out but he was hurt by it. A second or third one would have stopped him.

So no rebuttal to the random Wakandan, then? Not sure what Superman (who olds back) hitting Batman has to do with this thread.StStop derailing it.

carver9
So no rebuttal to the random Wakandan, then? Not sure what Superman (who olds back) hitting Batman has to do with this thread.StStop derailing it.

I'm going to hate doing this because I know Hyperion is fast just like I know Proxima spear is fast but while we are at it, show me these speed dodging fts of Hyperion that makes you believe he could dodge this attack. Scans.

Also, no rebuttal with Cap reacting to a blitz from Hyperion then (more than once). Gotcha.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
Maybe the spear could catch him. Maybe.

Doesn't mean she has reflexes or personal speed enough to stop a rushdown.

That's a nice weapon, that adjusts to its opponent and gives them a fighting chance.

Carver and others keep making up excuses and giving random theories to this weapon. I go by what was seen on panel, and don't add any extra theories of my own to the spear.

DarkSaint85
I'm going to hate doing this because I know Hyperion is fast just like I know Proxima spear is fast but while we are at it, show me these speed dodging fts of Hyperion that makes you believe he could dodge this attack. Scans.

Also, no rebuttal with Cap reacting to a blitz from Hyperion then (more than once). Gotcha.

Seeing as I brought my points up first, and you ignored half of them, finish what you started first. Reply to both, then I can reply to both.

Khazra Reborn
Honestly, I think that even if PM does net Hyperion, there's no guarantee it will hold him. Technically Hyperion has been able to lift heavier things, and he hasn't really failed to lift anything yet.

carver9
Seeing as I brought my points up first, and you ignored half of them, finish what you started first. Reply to both, then I can reply to both.

We've already been through this. The soldier jumped before the attack was throw and there is nothing stating she used the same type of attack she used on Spectrum. Second, Cap got hit so that was irrelevant as well and even if it was relevant, Cap reacted to a blitz from Hyperion as well.

Ok...answered. Bring us those reaction fts please.

carver9
Honestly, I think that even if PM does net Hyperion, there's no guarantee it will hold him. Technically Hyperion has been able to lift heavier things, and he hasn't technically failed to lift anything yet.

I wouldn't consider that as a win anyways (even though it will hold him. Hickman himself said that Hulk is the strongest on the team and he failed at getting out of it). The reason I don't consider it a win is, once she nets him, what is she going to do then? Her spear is plenty of powerful to get the win though as shown per my scan.

carver9
That's a nice weapon, that adjusts to its opponent and gives them a fighting chance.

Carver and others keep making up excuses and giving random theories to this weapon. I go by what was seen on panel, and don't add any extra theories of my own to the spear.

You're not going by what is shown on panel because if you did, you wouldn't be denying the light speed showing she did with this weapon.

DarkSaint85
We have indeed been here before. And you admitted you didn't remember what happened.

My point is that she threw the spear, and Cap was able to react to it.

They are shown BEHIND Shuri, who had earlier pierced PM easily with a simple spear toss. How do you get the idea that he jumped in front before she launched it???

http://i39.tinypic.com/14bt7if.jpg

Great job bringing up some of the times SG's been tagged. Shall we tally up and use the averages? I can assure you, based on PM's THREE main appearances, that SG will come out on top.

carver9
Doesn't look like the same attack and she casually threw it. So where are those Hyperion scans. I'm trying to use your way if debating here. Show us those dodging fts.

Rao Kal El
Lol darksaint you know carver is just a lost cause

carver9
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Lol darksaint you know carver is just a lost cause

Help a brother out. Since I am lost in this thread, guide me. What statement of mine is lost? And can you tell me how it should have been?

Rao Kal El
Honesty I have no intention of making you logical.

That will deprive me of the amazing memories I have collected from here

Case in point did you read all the theories this guy come up with in order to justfy hulk loosin vs supe...er sun god?

No sir, I will rather leave carver carver is better that way stick out tongue

eaebiakuya
We have on panel proof that the spear can tag a lightspeed character. And in the same panel we have the explanation of the feat. It says the spear can tag and go after the enemy, no matter how fast it is.

But is not said every single time Proxima throw the spear she activate this ability.

carver9
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
We have on panel proof that the spear can tag a lightspeed character. And in the same panel we have the explanation of the feat. It says the spear can tag and go after the enemy, no matter how fast it is.

But is not said every single time Proxima throw the spear she activate this ability.

thumb up

Stoic
Wouldn't it be far better to sit back, and wait until she comes back?
This is likely going to happen, and soon. Once she does, then we can
get into more threads with her in them. As of now she really is too new
to really argue for. The spear can either travel at the speed of light, or
as slow as a human being. I mean after all Monica knew that she was
in danger, so she may have slowed down to 30 MPH so that she could
be hit by something capable of killing her. Makes sense to me.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Hype is not Sun God smokin'

mad

Originally posted by abhilegend

Ahh. So that explains Carvers recent butt-hurt behavior http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/mhmm.gif

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by eaebiakuya

Cool.

So if Hyperion walks around at a normal pace, then he should be OK thumb up

I do not need to show any speed feats of Hyperion, as long as he stays as fast as a human Wakandan soldier, it would seem. Thanks.

Also, I literally just posted an example of how it did NOT hit its target, as a human was able to intercept it. The intended target (Shuri) was not hit.

Face it, if out of 100 appearances of Superman, 30 were of him getting beaten by....I dunno, the colour purple or something stupid like that, you guys would be all over it. 30% of a character's showings would be enough to give you a good baseline.

Here, we have three appearances of PM. One was amazing in terms of speed, but not that great in terms of durability/strength (Cage in New York was not put down, he bloodied her, and she tagged a lightspeeder)

One was bad (she was pierced by a spear thrown by a street level human, a Wakandan soldier out reacted her).

One was so-so (Cap with his plot armour was not killed, and outreacted. Debatable, so you could also look at it the other way and say it performed as intended).

So out of the three, we have one good, one bad, and one debatable. And yet, we are clinging to the one good feat as if it were the norm? Ok.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Wouldn't it be far better to sit back, and wait until she comes back?
This is likely going to happen, and soon. Once she does, then we can
get into more threads with her in them. As of now she really is too new
to really argue for. The spear can either travel at the speed of light, or
as slow as a human being. I mean after all Monica knew that she was
in danger, so she may have slowed down to 30 MPH so that she could
be hit by something capable of killing her. Makes sense to me.

thumb up

I agree with this.

As for the second part of your statement, after being hit by a spear, PM decided to be merciful (despite being described as the most ruthless of Thanos...THANOS....'s generals) and threw it at a pace so that her opponents could have a chance. Makes sense to me.

Stoic
Well the soldier jumped into its path. What you saw may just have been poor writing for plots sake. If not, Shuri would have been mortally wounded. Perhaps they just wanted her around for future stories, or more to the point; they actually need her around for future stories. I really think that you were reading too much into one scene, but like i said, we will see what happens once she comes back. Korvus is back correct? It shouldn't take long before Thanos is back. Actually we know that he's coming back.

dial J for Josh

Lol Proxima simply used a proximity smash attack that knocked everyone back who was in its radius, where are you getting the fact that Hype was tremendously damaged by that attack... Cap was also hit by that exact same attack. So if it tremendously damaged Hype then it should have easily killed cap right? You're over exaggerating.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Well the soldier jumped into its path. What you saw may just have been poor writing for plots sake. If not, Shuri would have been mortally wounded. Perhaps they just wanted her around for future stories, or more to the point; they actually need her around for future stories. I really think that you were reading too much into one scene, but like i said, we will see what happens once she comes back. Korvus is back correct? It shouldn't take long before Thanos is back. Actually we know that he's coming back.

True, let's see. I actually agree with you (along with all the silly Sun God threads); we haven't seen enough of her yet.

I'm just saying, to summarise your arguments:

1. Hitting Spectrum - not PIS
2. Not hitting Shuri - PIS (plot armour)
3. Not hitting/killing Cap - PIS (plot armour)

You see where I'm coming from? Shuri and Cap are protected because the writer wanted them to live. I could argue the other way, and say that the writer simply wanted to show the spear actually hitting a Marvel hero of some repute, and used Spectrum, because of her special energy nature (i.e. the one person PM could tag without serious consequences). So her getting hit is PIS.

Rao Kal El
^Hey!!! leave Sup...er Sun God alone mad

leonidas

thumb up

luke cage thinks hype has a pretty good chance. smile

cdtm
True, let's see. I actually agree with you (along with all the silly Sun God threads); we haven't seen enough of her yet.

You see where I'm coming from? Shuri and Cap are protected because the writer wanted them to live. I could argue the other way, and say that the writer simply wanted to show the spear actually hitting a Marvel hero of some repute, and used Spectrum, because of her special energy nature (i.e. the one person PM could tag without serious consequences). So her getting hit is PIS.

Exactly.

And PIS implies an outlier.. So which is the outlier here?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Hyperion beats her ass

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
Exactly.

And PIS implies an outlier.. So which is the outlier here?

once you frame the context for your question around her beating the hulk, your answer becomes clear. sneer

DarkSaint85
As PM gets more showings, it would seem BP can ALSO outreact her.....

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/NewAvengers2013-024-024_zps473117ca.jpg

iceman24567
Meh that art. BP looks like Peter Parker under that suit

DarkSaint85
Maybe it was. How else could he so effortlessly shield himself?

carver9

She did hit Cap though.

DarkSaint85
She did hit Cap though.

Was summarising someone else's arguments.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.