Which fictional comic book city least like to live?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowknight
Here are the candidates and list reasons why you chose the city.

1. Marvel NYC- On the plus side the Avengers, New Warriors, FF, Spiderman, DD, Cap, Dr Strange all live there. Also Thor and Hulk stops by often whether that's good or bad it up to you and what side of the bed they woke up on. On the Negative side whenever there's an Invasion whether from the Sea, Space, Undergroun, Dimensional or Temporal they all seem to want to start by taking out or destroying NYC. I won't get into all the Superhero vs SH fights or SH vs SV fights that tend to destroy buildings if not several blocks. It second only to Gotham City in crazies and being unable to hold SV in prison longer than 6 months. Outside of that the crime rate medium for the fictionl version of NYC.

2. DC NYC-On the plus side, Constantine, TT, JLI, until recently SG, SB live there and SM stops by often. Like the Marvel version of NYC there seems to be an unusually large people who want to Invade or Destroy NYC but not to the degree of Metroplis. Outside of that the crime rate is slightly above medium for the fictonal version of NYC.

3. Metropolis- On the plus side, SM arguably the most powerful hero being published constantly for the last 40+ yrs + Guardian, Thorn, Gangbuster, Steel all live there. Also because of SM, SG, SB, WW and Batman tend to stop by often. On the Negative side it has the highest rate of Invasions from Space and Dimensional bar none. It second only to Marvel NYC in the amouth of propergty damage that gets destroyed when the SV of the month shows up. Finally Metroplis tend to attrack the cream of the crop of the higher lvl SV who are out to prove that they are Stonger, Tougher or more powerful than SM. Needless to say caring for innocent bystanders isn't high on the list. Outside of that the crime rate medium to low for such a large city.

4. Gotham City- On the plus side. Batman, BG, BW and until recently Robin, Red Hood, NW and Birds of Prey spend considarable time there also. IT also has the least amount of powerful SV or Invasions of all 4 cities listed. On the Negative side it has the highest rate of crazies bar none, who think of nothing of killing dozens, hundreds, thousands or million of Gothamites for a number of warped reasons. It suffers from the most unlikely bad luck of any American city. If there's an Earthquake it happens in GC, an Ebola epidemic also in GC, Vampires run amok also in GC ect, ect, ect. It also has the highest lvl of corrupt cops, corrupt politicians and inificient service of all the 4 cities listed. Finally it seems unable to hold any major SV in prison or nuthouse for more than 6 mths. Outside of that the crime rate is high.

LeonBuco666
Oh I see, no mother****ing atlantis up in this *****.

Aquaman says **** you.

If I cant have Atlantis it would be Marvel NYC

Stoic
If I didn't have any super powers I would hate to live in any of the above equally, and would likely run off somewhere and do myself in. Do you guys have any idea how horrible life would be, if there were beings in the world that could throw shopping centers at you?

LeonBuco666
Yeah, but Marvel NYC offers the best chance of survival.

Reed, Stark, Banner, Parker
Sentry, crazy but humanity is under his utmost protection, and atm i dont think no villain wants to **** with him anyway.

Stoic
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Yeah, but Marvel NYC offers the best chance of survival.

Reed, Stark, Banner, Parker
Sentry, crazy but humanity is under his utmost protection, and atm i dont think no villain wants to **** with him anyway.

All it would take is for one buthole beyond the 5th wall to write up a character capable of beating the Sentry with ease. Then what? huh? Then what? laughing out loud

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by Stoic
All it would take is for one buthole beyond the 5th wall to write up a character capable of beating the Sentry with ease. Then what? huh? Then what? laughing out loud

sorry u cant beat up god jokes on u

LeonBuco666
I was under the impression it wouldnt be like living in a comic book, just the city and the characters.
But if its living in an actual comic book then id say **** that, and **** those cities too.

beatboks
Worst to live in easily Gotham City. More f@$# psychopaths than you can poke a stick at, and that asylum meant to hold them has a revolving f#%ing door.

riv6672
Originally posted by Stoic
Everyone would die of boredom...

BlueFnord
Gotham . F that noise. I'd be packing up to Keystone in no time.

shadowknight
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Oh I see, no mother****ing atlantis up in this *****.

Aquaman says **** you.

If I cant have Atlantis it would be Marvel NYC Overall Atlantis is a nice place to live. While it gets attacked and invaded it's nowhere near close to the others. To tell the truth it's usually the one doing the invading.

Flyattractor
They are all paradises compared to 2000AD's Mega City One.
Those people get slaughtered by the "HEROS".

Cause its The Law!

Existere
Gotham's easily the worst pick.

Marvel NYC gives you the best odds of getting superpowers or otherwise becoming a badass though.

LeonBuco666
Thats exactly why I would live there shadow.

Utter utopia most of the time, and aquamans a beast in his element.

Galan007
yeah, gotham's a complete shithole.

LeonBuco666
Gotham would be a pleasure to live in.

You guys aint hardcore!

shadowknight
Originally posted by Existere
Gotham's easily the worst pick.

Marvel NYC gives you the best odds of getting superpowers or otherwise becoming a badass though. Actually Marvel NYC tends to have the worst number of industrial accidents and scientific experiment turned SV of all the 4 major cities. I thought of adding it in in the description, but I only it after you brought it up.

Existere
Originally posted by shadowknight
Actually Marvel NYC tends to have the worst number of industrial accidents and scientific experiment turned SV of all the 4 major cities. I thought of adding it in in the description, but I only it after you brought it up. lol, based on?

I think Marvel NYC might have more metahuman activity than the other 3 combined, and a staggering percentage of Marvel's superheroes have origins tied to New York.

shadowknight
Originally posted by Existere
lol, based on?

I think Marvel NYC might have more metahuman activity than the other 3 combined, and a staggering percentage of Marvel's superheroes have origins tied to New York. Reading DD, Spiderman, FF and Avenger comics for more than 25 yrs. stick out tongue

golem370
Is the X-Men still in Westchester

maxivitopowe
MU NYC
There's a chance to develop powers there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.