Gravity... will it leave a space Sci-Fi legacy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Projectvrd
Overall I have mixed feelings about the film. There are parts I really enjoyed and others just down right annoyed me.... but those collisions!! They are what impressed me the most and since I watched the movie I now feel so disappointed with others that I previously appreciated.

It might just be my niaivity as I am assuming they got that spot on, now watching space battles from movies that came before Gravity are just underwhelming. I see too much fire, no real depth to the particle effects, nowhere near enough bits smashing into each other creating more bits and a horrific looking chain reaction of destruction ensuing.

Could we now see this sort if thing becoming the norm, instead of the usual lots of fire explosions etc?

jinXed by JaNx
It was a gimmicky effects fest that will be long forgotten. It was cool to see in the theaters but I don't see any reason to watch it again

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
It was a gimmicky effects fest that will be long forgotten. It was cool to see in the theaters but I don't see any reason to watch it again

This

roughrider
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Wrong. It will get remembered just like 2001: A Space Odyssey and Alien.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by roughrider
Wrong. It will get remembered just like 2001: A Space Odyssey and Alien.

laughing laughing

CouchTomato86
Movie was good, but unfortunately, it will not be remembered 5 years from now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.