Who can perform this feat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
At the end of Return to Krypton, Superboy lifted Argo city and threw it in the space.

http://i.imgur.com/RixGavb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3zP4PNz.jpg

Considering Krypton's gravity is considered to be several times higher than Earth, which mid herald or below can perform that feat?

Zack Fair
That is damn uber feat for Superboy. Kind of worried about how the power levels are rising in the new 52 now.

abhilegend
What is amusing that he is a weaker clone of a half-kryptonian son of Superman.

riv6672
Hulk. Thor. Silver Surfer. Thanos. Fairly easily.
From what i keep hearing about them, the new Sentry and Blue Marvel.
Not going to list all of them at Marvel. DC, someone else can touch on.

heisetx
Hulk would snap Argo city up so bad it'd turn to snap city.

Hulk ftw

abhilegend
I said mid heralds or below.

SamZED
Strength only? I see Magneto pulling that off with his powers.

abhilegend
Originally posted by SamZED
When did he throw a city into space? I know he was floating Asteroid M into orbit, but it was quite a bit smaller than a city.

BTW, don't confuse on "city". That chunk of rock Superboy threw was damn near a planetoid as shown in Supergirl and was orbiting a blue sun as one of its satellites.

riv6672
He didnt specify strength. But he did say mid herald on down. Didnt see that below the scans.

According to the KMC tiers thread Hulk still qualifies (somehow).
Thor is definitely WAY above mid herald, and New Sentry and Blue Marvel should be too.
So, along with Hulk throw in any Green Lantern, Nefaria, Firestorm,Gladiator...long list again. Others will post more i'm sure.

abhilegend
Here you can see how big it was.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mKUVL6gPOQM/T095y_KD1kI/AAAAAAAAO0E/uoYpZRgZaww/s1600/argo+-+sg5-03.jpg

Damn.

riv6672
The context in that pic being...nothing.
Not saying you're wrong, just saying that pic could be a snow globe, your narration notwithstanding.
Still, i stick with my choices.

carver9
Looks like something was pulling it when he threw it. I need to read the comic. I'll read it today but him lifting it and getting it off the ground was impressive. Can't think of a mid Herald that can pull that off. Maybe Grey Hulk could...He does have some good strength fts. Superboy was stated to be the most powerful being on the planet on numerous of occasions and He'l himself was scared of him...so him pulling a ft off like this isn't surprising...especially since he ripped a guy in half that has been giving Superman trouble.

abhilegend
laughing out loud @ Carver lowballing superman EVEN here.

TheHulk
Originally posted by SamZED

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud @ Carver lowballing superman EVEN here.

How am I lowballing Superman? If anything, I'm giving Superboy the props DC has been trying to throw in our faces. I can also bring up his fight with Supergirl ya know.

golem370
Graviton He-Man Savage Hulk

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
How am I lowballing Superman? If anything, I'm giving Superboy the props DC has been trying to throw in our faces. I can also bring up his fight with Supergirl ya know.
Saying he was considered more powerful than Superman, or H'el ever being scared of him or Jon Lane Kent who is totally different than this Superboy tearing apart Parasite is anything to do with Superman or why don't you just shut up?

carver9
Saying he was considered more powerful than Superman, or H'el ever being scared of him or Jon Lane Kent who is totally different than this Superboy tearing apart Parasite is anything to do with Superman or why don't you just shut up?

He'l had him chained up to be killed before his power was complete. That means a lot.

I said it was STATED that Superboy is the most powerful on the planet. Take it as you will.

Lol...it was Superboy who ripped Parasite in pieces which again is a huge ft. Take that as you will as well. He also tanked punches from Supergirl and literally nearly dropped her with one attack.

Estacado
Any of carver's favorite characters.

"Id"
Cable, Polaris, and Magneto come to mind.

yaadaveyaa
do they have to physically toss it or can they use say telekinesis type feats to do this? that will narrow it down

celeyhyga17
Graviton.. Wait.. Is he mid or high?

maxivitopowe
Graviton magneto

carver9
Don't know what Graviton currently is. He was recently one shot koed by Hulk. High Heralds usually wouldn't drop from a single attack. In the past though...He was most def high Herald to trans.

abhilegend
He'l had him chained up to be killed before his power was complete. That means a lot.

I said it was STATED that Superboy is the most powerful on the planet. Take it as you will.

Lol...it was Superboy who ripped Parasite in pieces which again is a huge ft. Take that as you will as well. He also tanked punches from Supergirl and literally nearly dropped her with one attack.
He had him chained and about to kill him because he and kryptonians hated clones and he thought executing him would make Superman and Supergirl believe him. It had nothing to do with fear. Read the ****ing comic.

Post the scan where it was stated. Untill then, its as much fact as anything you spout i.e nothing at all.

Haha, you're so desperate to lowball Superman its not even funny. Jon Lane Kent ripped Parasite apart when he had no powers. Supergirl wasn't even dazed from that orbit TK throw and she nearly killed Superboy.

And shut the **** up.

-K-M-
Count Nefaria was high herald and recently he was one-shot by Thor, and another time easily beaten by Doom. Comics.

abhilegend
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
do they have to physically toss it or can they use say telekinesis type feats to do this? that will narrow it down
Make it a strength showing only.

Existere
Magneto reversing the path of the planetary bullet and putting Asteroid M into orbit.

Cable levitating Providence for over a week.

Pretty sure Crystal lifted Attilan, and she's a high meta mmm

Terrax might be capable of the feat. Beta Ray Bill was a listed mid herald that could probably pull it off, Black Bolt if he's amped, Hercules was listed at mid herald I think. Wonder Woman. Kilowog, Guy Gardner and John Stewart were all mid heralds iirc. So was Lobo.

Oh, and prior to WWH, Hulk was a listed mid herald.

Oh, and Jack Hawksmoor... maybe? sly

I'm sure there are a dozen others. It's a mostly ridiculous feat to attempt to match because 'lifting a city' requires either exotic powers (tk, tactile tk, etc) or plot to keep the object intact. Lots of characters below high herald have similarly awesome feats though.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Mid Heralds?
Thor and Hulk

Wonder Man
Vision should be able to wire the city together and initiate launch.

pym-ftw
If the red line is a person flying by then the "city" appears to be a block... very impressive but its probably lighter than the Baxter building or an equivalent skyscraper.

Zack Fair
To be honest Carver's analysis about Superboy, Superman and H'el is fkn funny.

WTF

h1a8
Well the key is to "THROW", not carry or transport.
Thowing a 100kg object into space from the ground takes a minimum force of hundreds of millions of tons because of air resistance.

The city has astronomically more mass, the planet has several times more gravity, and the atmosphere is several times denser. This feat is well beyond comprehension. I might calculate it later. But the number is too damn big to be sure.

carver9
Hush Zak.

I'm not derailing this thread anymore but Grey Hulk could do it.

Zack Fair
Hush Zak.

I'm not derailing this thread anymore but Grey Hulk could do it. thumb up

---

Ah shit. Incoming H1 calculations.

riv6672
I think the answer to the thread question is: lots of characters. laughing out loud

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
If the red line is a person flying by then the "city" appears to be a block... very impressive but its probably lighter than the Baxter building or an equivalent skyscraper.
The city lighter than a skyscraper? WTF?

pym-ftw
A stone city block vs a steel skyscraper? ...

quanchi112
He had him chained and about to kill him because he and kryptonians hated clones and he thought executing him would make Superman and Supergirl believe him. It had nothing to do with fear. Read the ****ing comic.

Post the scan where it was stated. Untill then, its as much fact as anything you spout i.e nothing at all.

Haha, you're so desperate to lowball Superman its not even funny. Jon Lane Kent ripped Parasite apart when he had no powers. Supergirl wasn't even dazed from that orbit TK throw and she nearly killed Superboy.

And shut the **** up. laughing out loud

Zack Fair
The "And shut the **** up" is epic ROFL

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack Fair
The "And shut the **** up" is epic ROFL Carver got to him.

abhilegend
A stone city block vs a steel skyscraper? ...
A whole city not just a city block under a gravity field several times more than Earth is lighter than a skyscraper when we saw several skyscrapers on it already?

facepalm

Your marvel love is astounding, really.

carver9
Does anyone know the issue# of that Superboy showing? Can't find it.

Time Immemorial
Damn thats a sick feat.

pym-ftw
A whole city not just a city block under a gravity field several times more than Earth is lighter than a skyscraper when we saw several skyscrapers on it already?

facepalm

Your marvel love is astounding, really. steel is roughly 5 times heavier and you know the volume being larger... please dont make me go all H1

abhilegend
steel is roughly 5 times heavier and you know the volume being larger... please dont make me go all H1
Haha, you actually believe a skyscraper is heavier than a whole city?

laughing out loud

pym-ftw
Its a very small city, and the fact you don't see my point shows a lack of spacial reasoning.

abhilegend
It was a very big city in fact. Read the comics first and then talk. Once again, your marvel love is astounding.

I am seeing a very weird idea that somehow a skyscraper is heavier than a city WHICH HAS SEVERAL SKYSCRAPERS.

abhilegend
Also can I see a mid herald throwing a city out of orbit by pure strength and not argue about a skyscraper being heavier than it?

Zack Fair
I think it is silly to believe the baxter building would weight more than the city. I do get the material is different, and being heavier, but it is still kind of silly to believe it would weight more than the entire city IMHO. No offense.

KingD19
Pre-Flashpoint Lobo. If he could roll an entire city into an energy orb the size of a bon-bon and eat it...I could see him chucking one into orbit if he's sufficiently pissed.

Zack Fair
Agreed.

pym-ftw
Okay well i guess i have to give a class on spacial reasoning

After a cholera outbreak, Chicago decided to put in a sewer system. Obviously in order to do that they had to raise the city block by city block. City blocks weigh in at. 5-8k tons.

The Chrysler building which we can use as a rough copy of the Baxter building weighs in at nearly 300k tons.

quanchi112

After a cholera outbreak, Chicago decided to put in a sewer system. Obviously in order to do that they had to raise the city block by city block. City blocks weigh in at. 5-8k tons.

The Chrysler building which we can use as a rough copy of the Baxter building weighs in at nearly 300k tons. thumb up

Zack Fair

The Chrysler building which we can use as a rough copy of the Baxter building weighs in at nearly 300k tons. Okay.

abhilegend

The Chrysler building which we can use as a rough copy of the Baxter building weighs in at nearly 300k tons.
That's not a city block, that's a whole city he lifted up. Why don't you get that?

And no, mixing real life stuff with comics never ends well.

KingD19
Even then, how many city blocks span the entire city?

If we say each block weighs a minimum of 5,000 tons, and there's 100 blocks in the city(there's tons more though), then that's 500,000 tons right there.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Mid Heralds?
Thor and Hulk

Stop trying to low ball superman by not including him on your list that he most certainly deserves to be on.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by KingD19
Even then, how many city blocks span the entire city?

If we say each block weighs a minimum of 5,000 tons, and there's 100 blocks in the city(there's tons more though), then that's 500,000 tons right there. the City is illustrated and its fairly small, id say at most a maximum if four square blocks.

Even under a gravity machine which increased its weight by double its still 260,000 tons shy.

Hell even if somehow the buildings were increased tenfold and held its still in line with my original point.

abhilegend
the City is illustrated and its fairly small, id say at most a maximum if four square blocks.

Even under a gravity machine which increased its weight by double its still 260,000 tons shy.

Hell even if somehow the buildings were increased tenfold and held its still in line with my original point.
laughing out loud

We have a genius here along with the great H1a8 who can view the size of a city by just viewing it on the page.

facepalm

The lengths which some people go to lowball a feat is lulzworthy.

pym-ftw
Im sorry you cant judge size based on illustrations

KingD19
Using New York as a base, I looked it up and someone said a North-South block is 1/20th of a mile, roughly 264 feet. While an East-West block is 1/5 a mile, which is roughly 1,056 feet.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mKUVL6gPOQM/T095y_KD1kI/AAAAAAAAO0E/uoYpZRgZaww/s1600/argo+-+sg5-03.jpg This is larger than 4 city blocks imo.

pym-ftw
Not if the red line is a supine person flying by then the "city" appears to be a lot smaller.

zopzop
Terrax has already done it.

abhilegend
Im sorry you cant judge size based on illustrations
Yeah, most of us can't do it man. Only geniuses like you and h1 can.Originally posted by pym-ftw
Not if the red line is a supine person flying by then the "city" appears to be a lot smaller.
Enough with lowballing. Either name someone who has thrown a city into space or don't post at all.Originally posted by zopzop
Terrax has already done it.
He threw a city into space via strength?

pym-ftw
Using logic is lowballing... idk what you are on that you want to follow that logic.

If you just eant to ignore context to wank a feat go for it.

DarkSaint85
Perspective is everything. No idea how big that city is - so let's just call it a city, and leave it at that.

Jack Hawksmoor can definitely do it.

abhilegend
Using logic is lowballing... idk what you are on that you want to follow that logic.

If you just eant to ignore context to wank a feat go for it.

I'm calling a city which was meant to be in the comic. Unless you can *definitely* prove the city's size, its your opinion alone which is highly subjective. And its quite laughable TBH.

So take it and shove it.

carver9
Does anyone know the issue# of that Superboy showing? Can't find it.

celeyhyga17
Wait are you saying this was a purely strength showing?

DarkSaint85
At first, abhi didn't specify.

Then, he did:

Considering Superboy didn't use pure strength, I'm not sure what this thread is for lol.

Next up: which mid-herald (and below) can throw a city into space...

.....without arms???

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Then, he did:

Considering Superboy didn't use pure strength, I'm not sure what this thread is for lol.

.....without arms???
laughing out loud

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Wait are you saying this was a purely strength showing?
No.Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Then, he did:

.....without arms???
I just wanted to find what herald can do it with strength only.

carver9

Then, he did:

.....without arms???

laughing

DarkSaint85
Well, then, based on the tier thread, pure strength only...

Lobo.

celeyhyga17
No.
I just wanted to find what herald can do it with strength only.
Ure stips are jacked up then. You want a mid herald to throw a city from the ground all the while keeping in mind that your example was done with Krypton's gravity and must be done with pure strength alone?
embarrasment

abhilegend
Ure stips are jacked up then. You want a mid herald to throw a city from the ground all the while keeping in mind that your example was done with Krypton's gravity and must be done with pure strength alone?
embarrasment
Yes? What's wrong with that?

DarkSaint85
Proof that Lobo can do it. And easily.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/24320/1859023-1517269_scan_loboeatingcity_super.jpg

abhilegend
Well, then, based on the tier thread, pure strength only...

Lobo.
No crossovers.

uhuh

DarkSaint85
No crossovers.

uhuh

True.

Lobo in DC pulls suns out of the sky.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/30145/3350121-11.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/30145/3350122-12.jpg

sneer

celeyhyga17
Yes? What's wrong with that?
Then your Superboy example is more misleading if anything...

carver9
We all know what ABHI tried to do...let's not pretend. He DID try to throw that off as a pure strength ft which was the reason I kept asking for the issue number. He's trying to save face because someone called him out (i wanted to be the one to do that Celey. mad ).

abhilegend
Then your Superboy example is more misleading if anything...
I never said he did it with pure strength. Anybody who has read new Superboy knows that he only has TK which simulates strength. I just wanted to know who can do it with strength instead of TK.Originally posted by carver9
We all know what ABHI tried to do...let's not pretend. He DID try to throw that off as a pure strength ft which was the reason I kept asking for the issue number. He's trying to save face because someone called him out (i wanted to be the one to do that Celey. mad ).
Look at this crybaby. Point me where I said it was a strength feat.

abhilegend
True.

Lobo in DC pulls suns out of the sky.

sneer
laughing out loud

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Lets keep illogical showings out of this thread.

DarkSaint85
So...I win?

abhilegend
So...I win?
Nope.

carver9
What is amusing that he is a weaker clone of a half-kryptonian son of Superman.

After Zak said the ft was amusing ABHI said this.

carver9
When did he throw a city into space? I know he was floating Asteroid M into orbit, but it was quite a bit smaller than a city.

BTW, don't confuse on "city". That chunk of rock Superboy threw was damn near a planetoid as shown in Supergirl and was orbiting a blue sun as one of its satellites.

Then he said this.

DarkSaint85
sneer

carver9
That's not a city block, that's a whole city he lifted up. Why don't you get that?

And no, mixing real life stuff with comics never ends well.

Then this.

DarkSaint85
Liebreaker Carver. Doing the investigative journalism no one else would.

abhilegend
After Zak said the ft was amusing ABHI said this. Originally posted by carver9
Then he said this. Originally posted by carver9
Then this.

So, I never said it was a strength feat? Glad we agree.

abhilegend
Liebreaker Carver. Doing the investigative journalism no one else would.
laughing out loud

Galan007
laughing out loud

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Lets keep illogical showings out of this thread. so you think superboy's feat was 'logical'? heh...

quanchi112
Then he said this. Nicely done.

Tony Stark
Any MARVEL Street Level character... Duh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.