Remake a comic character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
If you could remodel a comic book character from any company, who would you remodel? What I mean is, are there any things about any particular character that you would change? This can range from their powers, to their personality, anything goes.

Who do you think that they would be able to defeat, and what would be their limitations?

For example; if I could remake Thor, I would make him as strong as Ultimate Thor with the ability to amplify his strength with nearly any energy source. this would allow him to surpass even his 616 power levels. I would also make it so that Mjonir was an actual sentient being given life by the Odin Force. Mjolnir would be a lot like the alien symbiotes that Eddie Brock, and Cletus Cassidy possess, or like the world mind which Nova uses as a means of a sort of database. Except that it would be able to not only act as armor for Thor, but he could morph it into different weapons like his original hammer, or a sword. This would further increase his strength, speed, and power.

At the height of his power he would be a little less powerful than the Destroyer. It would be his nemesis much like Venom is/was to Spider Man, or Doomsday is/was to Superman. In armor form, he would be able to do all of the things that he could do with the hammer, but he would obviously have greater body armor, nearly as great as that of the Destroyer.

So who would you guys remake?

Stoic
Oh and Happy July 4th to anyone that this applies to.

pym-ftw
I'd make Pym fuse with Ultron. It felt like the logical end of AoU especially if they wanted to do Avengers A.I.

Stoic
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I'd make Pym fuse with Ultron. It felt like the logical end of AoU especially if they wanted to do Avengers A.I.

Wouldn't that corrupt him?

pym-ftw
Ultron is just Pym without the soul of a human.

golem370
Champion
Alright my idea for Champion is that he is the originator of all styles of combat styles he would created and mastered them all as well as he knows his name, when I mean the originator of techniques combat I mean that he started them all through out the Universe I mean it is possible since he is over 5 billion years old. Champion is in perfect physical condition with say between Herald and Skyfather level strength, speed, agility, stamina, durability

Well meaning an originator and being 5 billion years old +++ would mean imo a master of all forms of combat all in the universe since he knows them all with excellent clarity he could use them all better then anybody else. Between Herald and Skyfather level physical power would mean above any herald but below high skyfathers. He would in Marvel stats have 6. Intellegence. 7. strength. 7. speed. 7. stamina. 7. durability 6. energy projection. 7. fighting skill. He would have an accelerated healing factor and physical senses honed beyond the highest herald.

I would say that he became a teacher of combat and his pupils go on to teach others. He would be a father of combat including combat tactics, melee weapon combat, & hand to hand combat. A God of of all Combat

Stoic

I always thought that Ultron was evil. So I guess Pym would be a far more powerful Vision. Good choice.

Stoic
Originally posted by golem370
Champion
Alright my idea for Champion is that he is the originator of all styles of combat styles he would created and mastered them all as well as he knows his name, when I mean the originator of techniques combat I mean that he started them all through out the Universe I mean it is possible since he is over 5 billion years old. Champion is in perfect physical condition with say between Herald and Skyfather level strength, speed, agility, stamina, durability

Well meaning an originator and being 5 billion years old +++ would mean imo a master of all forms of combat all in the universe since he knows them all with excellent clarity he could use them all better then anybody else. Between Herald and Skyfather level physical power would mean above any herald but below high skyfathers. He would in Marvel stats have 6. Intellegence. 7. strength. 7. speed. 7. stamina. 7. durability 6. energy projection. 7. fighting skill. He would have an accelerated healing factor and physical senses honed beyond the highest herald.

I would say that he became a teacher of combat and his pupils go on to teach others. He would be a father of combat including combat tactics, melee weapon combat, & hand to hand combat. A God of of all Combat

Yeah I can see this. it is exactly how they should write him. Instead they give him the idiot treatment, and allow nearly everyone to surpass his fighting skills.

carver9
Ultimate Thor is weaker than 616. As for the thread I would give Thor super speed...reflexes, the whole deal (they need to write a Marvel story where they take away Thor hammer for a year. Making him use his fist and learn how to use his godly powers to aid in his flight and weather powers. Basically take his hammer away from him giving him all of those abilities internally). Increase Wolverine strength and speed (not running speed, just his reflexes. Make Loki a Herald of Galactus along with Hulk. Give Colossus a harder shell and make his strength and speed elite Herald like but his power would only get to those levels when he is nearby metal. Increase Shaws absorption ability. Spiderman a strength increase. That's all I can think of right now.

golem370
I would like to see Silver Surfer as a cosmic cube being.

golem370
I would like to see what Loki would do with the Juggernauts powers Sunspot with superhuman durability

zopzop
Crap (Pym) + Crap (Pym's creation) still = Crap
No wonder he's such a failure.

I would remake Aunt May as a geriatric succubus. droolio

SquallX
My choice would be Angel from the Buffy/Angel series.

In both tv and comic medium, they make him suffer far too much for the crimes of Angelus. Don't get me wrong, Angel himself with a soul has done some shady shits, like letting the WolfRam and Hart Lawyers be kill by Darla and Drusilla, but he's done enough to repent, and those lawyers were scum beyond scums. Hell, to work at WR and Hart, you have to sell you're soul.

My problem with the way he's written make him comes out weak. For instance Zander, Giles, willow and all of Buffy's family never letting him forget the shit Angelus did. The guy more than made up for it when he was sent to hell.

I would write Angel just walking around slapping anyone that annoys him, and Zander would be the first.

Zander always bringing up Angelus , yet the ****er was ****ing an ex-vengeance demon. Said ex demon was far older than Angelus, and she committed more cries than Angelus. Even after becoming human, she felt no sorrow for the evil shot she did. She even went so far and once more became a vengeance demon once again and killed a bunch of people because Zander dumped her. Then to make it worse, Xander had the galled to ask Buffy to save her, when the little ****er told Buffy to kill Angelus when willow previously told him they were gonna re soul Angel.

Willow, the chick got so addicted to magic that she constantly mind rape her friends, used dark magic to resurrect Buffy from heaven because they couldn't live without her. Then the ***** turned evil when He lover died. She killed so many people, then she tried to end the world! As if that justified her reasoning. When Buffy killed the man she love, mind you, she killed Angel not Angelus, she didn't ****ing go sicko.

Giles, in his youth was addicted to dark magic. He and his friends brought this demon forth, demon escaped killed so many people, even tried to kill Jenny, who Angel even put his life on the line to save.

What's even worse, was when they found out that Buffy was sleeping with Spike, a soulless demon that did nothing but to destroy Buffy mentally, they did nothing. Yet Angel a demon with a soul that save here asses more than they cN count was always looked down upon.

If I could change Angel, I would make him give everyone the middle finger or a sword through the gut when they decide to piss him off.

LordofBrooklyn
Sentry

Sentry is actually an Elder god from the universe before the one that spawned the 616. He ended that Universe, ( This will be the basis for the untold Galactus story) and the memory of it is blocked. The block causes the internal conflict he experiences.

I would have someone like Loki or a rogue Watcher reveal Bob's true role in the universe and let the sparks fly.

ilikecomics
i would like to see lobo get the spawn symbiote

TheLurkingFear
I would give Silver Surfer a wang.

golem370
Lokinaut would be devastating and Silver Surfer as a cosmic cube being would be a good combo.

Stoic
Hey Carver I know that Ultimate Thor is weaker than 616 Thor, which is why I said that I this would be his base strength, while allowing him to amplify his power by means of absorbing mostly any energy out there. This would include arcane energy, which in some cases would give him a huge boost. You see if he started out with 616 Thor's base strength, his amp would be ridiculous, and many people would hate to read a character like that. This way he could actually at time find himself getting worked, until...

riv6672
Originally posted by zopzop
I would remake Aunt May as a geriatric succubus. droolio
Haha!

Some funky ideas here.

Superman.
Bring him back down to John Byrne era power levels, where he'd have to out think, not just out power opponents.
Get Busiek and Bagley on the book with a mission statement. Make Superman fun again.

dial J for Josh
Well done stoic, this is a really cool thread.

Squirtle
Hulk= make gravage/WWH his default.

Sentry= his real self is... Miracleman! eek!

Superman= no more stupid editorial mandates, make his "peers" REALLY be peers. He can, and sometimes will lose to them.

riv6672
Superman blasphemy!!!!!!!

Nice. thumb up

TedKordJRBOSS
I'd make Captain atom the most powerful being on the universe.
I'd also make Batman have Bane strength levels and give him some swords.

Mindship
Surfer

- no silver undies; would have lines indicating a belt and wrist bands.
- expert in cosmic aikido and hundreds of other styles learned from his travels and battles across the universe.
- no exotic powers (eg, no matter manip). But has 2x current power in basic offense/defense applications.
- can use energy powers only when on board, but cannot be easily knocked off it; would be like trying to dismember him.
- calls "board" something cool, like "starspanner."

Essentially, less versatility = less occasion for CIS/PIS. Also, exceptional h2h prowess fixes a relative weakness.

DarkSaint85
http://www.peteradams.com/shop/images/trevSPANNE~1.jpg

Star-spangled spanner.

Mindship
^ *chuckles* Amazing what you can find online.

DarkSaint85
^ Just noticed it's made in England lol.

Estacado
Bane
Would give him military stuff like flashbangs ,granades,smoke granades,throwing knives,big ass combat knife for close encounters,2 desert eagles ,2 smgs.

His venom should be capsule based instead of a tank.

Sixth_Winged
Ill have spider-man start similarly in 616 but lose all desire to live a happy life after gwen dies. Then he bonds with the symbiote to master and syncronize with it. Eventually he gets recruited by shield, trained by them on h2h, to use firearms and gadgets to become a blacks op agent ala agent venom. He employs weaponry and gadgets of his own choice and making (like spider-armor, spider-arms reappropriated from doc ock tech, etc).

His missions takes place all over the world and he takes out failed attempts to replicate the super soldier project by other organizations trying to usurp world power.

His web spinner will come on lethal varieties and modes:
-corrosive webbing
-wire thin webbing to act like on to go supply of choke wires.
-combustible explosive webbing

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by carver9
Ultimate Thor is weaker than 616. As for the thread I would give Thor super speed...reflexes, the whole deal (they need to write a Marvel story where they take away Thor hammer for a year. Making him use his fist and learn how to use his godly powers to aid in his flight and weather powers. Basically take his hammer away from him giving him all of those abilities internally). Increase Wolverine strength and speed (not running speed, just his reflexes. Make Loki a Herald of Galactus along with Hulk. Give Colossus a harder shell and make his strength and speed elite Herald like but his power would only get to those levels when he is nearby metal. Increase Shaws absorption ability. Spiderman a strength increase. That's all I can think of right now.

Loki wants to be king of Asgard, not some ***** slave who attacks it.

Maybe he will become a hero, thats what i'd like...to become synonymous with Avengers & Thor in a good way.

Be good for the development of the character etc.
Agree with what you said about Thor though.

riv6672
Originally posted by Estacado
Bane
Would give him military stuff like flashbangs ,granades,smoke granades,throwing knives,big ass combat knife for close encounters,2 desert eagles ,2 smgs.

This is pretty straight forward. Surprised its not been done yet.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by Estacado
Bane

So Deathstroke with venom?

Spiderman
Give him a proper HF
Allow him to grow extra arms of equal strength
He actually builds and uses gadgets
Carry on with the MA
Starts at the lower end of class 50
Slight dynamic strength
"Octo" arms

golem370
I would like to see a more versatile Juggernaut and Ares. Kurse in more comic books. WWH with the power gem because I think it jus makes since.

riv6672
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
So Deathstroke with venom?

Spiderman
Give him a proper HF
Allow him to grow extra arms of equal strength
He actually builds and uses gadgets
Carry on with the MA
Starts at the lower end of class 50
Slight dynamic strength
"Octo" arms
Ooh, kind of a mutated superior Spider-man mix. Cool, but sounds creepy....!

DarkSaint85
I'd modify Bane.

Make his Venom enhancements permanent (no need to use it anymore).

Make him much shorter, for stealth missions.

A side effect of the Venom is that he becomes almost werewolf-like, animalistic.

And give him claws, three on each hand. Make them energy claws, so he can cut through anything.

Insane Titan
Thanos:

have him expand on his death/accult magic he's studied and practiced.

Have his attitude be in line with how it was in Giffens run.

Use his telekinesis and matter manip powers more regular

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'd modify Bane.

Make his Venom enhancements permanent (no need to use it anymore).

Make him much shorter, for stealth missions.

A side effect of the Venom is that he becomes almost werewolf-like, animalistic.

And give him claws, three on each hand. Make them energy claws, so he can cut through anything.
A truly original character

His name should reflect his new abilities now...

Something like "The Badger"

DarkSaint85

Honey Badger.

riv6672
Norbert Sykes RULES!

"Id"
Cable
Eliminate his to and tk.
Regain Technopathy and Cyberpathy.
Allow him to fully control the T.O. virus so he can instant create tech at the fly.

Essentially its Marvels version of The Engineer

golem370

Here you go

Quasar- http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t593062.html

riv6672
Originally posted by "Id"
Cable
Eliminate his to and tk.
Regain Technopathy and Cyberpathy.
Allow him to fully control the T.O. virus so he can instant create tech at the fly.

Essentially its Marvels version of The Engineer
Huh, i really like that!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.