Most incorruptible hero, most irredeemable villain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
What hero could you never see going to the dark side, what villain would never turn hero, no matter how clever the writer?

I've been surprised over the years by characters like Eddie Brock and Hal Jordan, but there are some heroes and villains that just cant be done, i think.

Hero wise, Captain America will never turn villain. He's gone against the government before, but he'll never get into the world take over business. No way.

Villain wise an easy pick is Cap's arch foe, Red Skull. Red Skull. I dont think i even need to elaborate on that one.

golem370
Sabertooth

riv6672
I agree, though he was written pretty well as a hero in AoA.
I mean it took re-writing history, but it worked.

8swords
inb4 abhi says superman

golem370
Logan is pretty much a straight arrow.

riv6672
Originally posted by 8swords
inb4 abhi says superman
LOL!

Originally posted by golem370
Logan is pretty much a straight arrow.
Yeah, he really is.

TheLordofMurder
Henshaw...

Completely beyond redemption; he can NEVER become a hero...

LeonBuco666
Ben Grimm wouldnt go villain.

And The Joker would never become a hero

Sixth_Winged
Never ever seen captain america go over to the dark side, so him.

Negan and the Governor from walking dead looks really irredemable as far as villains go.

riv6672
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Henshaw...

Completely beyond redemption; he can NEVER become a hero...
Wouldnt have thought of him in a million years, but yeah! big grin

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Ben Grimm wouldnt go villain.

And The Joker would never become a hero

thumb up

golem370
Ultron villain forever

Yamcha
Hero: Optimus Prime

Villain: Marquis of Death

Prof. T.C McAbe
Hero: Superman, Captain America, Punisher

Villain: Joker, Darkseid, Carnage

pym-ftw
Hank Pym, if losing nearly all his friends & wife at the same time while they all thought he was a crazy & a villain didnt make him turn his back nothing will.

riv6672
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Punisher
Surprised no one called you on this.
Spot on, though. Frank's incorruptible.

Insane Titan
Hero: Optimus Prime

riv6672
Its like he was....made to be a hero!

"Id"
The Clow from Spwan could never become a hero.

golem370
Clown on Spawn

riv6672
The Violator, baby!!!

OnslaughtKILLS
Doctor Doom

riv6672
Doom's always come off as pretty noble to me. Just obsessed with Richards to the detriment of everything else.
I've posted with a lot folks who think taking Richards out of Doom's equation would result in Doom being a hero. Or at least heroIC.

Reshiram
Joker, by far.

For heroes I'd have to think about it.

HulkIsHulk
Martian Manhunter if you exclude the Fernus part of him.

SamZED
I would've said Joker as well but the Killing Joke sort of ruined it. Because apparently having a villain who is evil just for the fuk of it or because he enjoys it is way too boring, always has to be some sort of excuse behind it.

Q99
Originally posted by riv6672
Doom's always come off as pretty noble to me. Just obsessed with Richards to the detriment of everything else.
I've posted with a lot folks who think taking Richards out of Doom's equation would result in Doom being a hero. Or at least heroIC.

Doom is more someone who presents himself as noble, but when push comes to shove he'll do some very low stuff to satisfy his goals and pride, even not related to Reed Richards.

That said, he's not the worst out there, and Doom2099 was a more mature, less petty Doom who really was good for the world.

basilisk
Pym

riv6672
Pym's definitely gone through some some stuff, and come out stronger for it.

Philosophía
Batman & Joker, funnily enough.

riv6672
Not really. I basically did the same in the OP.

Sin I AM
Carnage for villians, heroes would be Parker in every reality he's heroic

golem370
Colossus
Thing
Thor
Hercules
She Hulk
Daredevil

SamZED
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Carnage for villians, heroes would be Parker in every reality he's heroic QFT

Although iirc there was one where Pete went evil. Ironically it happened because uncle Ben in that reality didn't die.

-Pr-
Superman, because people have to come up with retarded ways to make him "evil" or push him over the edge that make no sense.

I would have said Cyclops before 2008, but that was ****ed.

Villains?

Joker, Sinister, Henshaw.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by SamZED
QFT

Although iirc there was one where Pete went evil. Ironically it happened because uncle Ben in that reality didn't die.

You qft you troll

Estacado
Originally posted by SamZED
QFT

Spidey Carnage?
Or was he TAS only?

SamZED
You qft you troll Lol what did I do?

Originally posted by Estacado
Spidey Carnage?
Or was he TAS only? That was TAS. There was a Spidey/Deadpool/Hulk mini where they go to alt reality and Spider-man of that universe has been stealing powers from Spider-men of other realities. And it was uncle Ben's idea. If i remember it right.

Mindset
Doom is incorruptible and irredeemable.

riv6672
That post was lazy AND accurate. wink

Rai_st
For heroe's that would never go bad - gonna have to say Nightwing. Consistanly shown in the DCU to be the standard, him and Superman anyway.

Villians - a guy who will never be good is Taskmaster, you csn pay him to do anything but at his core there is nothing - good or evil.

riv6672
Taskmaster's pretty damn amoral. I would never buy him ss a good guy. He's too Randy Orton-ish.
Superb call on Nightwing. If he ever went bad, he knows enough to take out people left and right, though.

abhilegend
Pre-zero hour Mon-El. The guy had spent 1000 years in phantom zone dying where most people go mad in a matter of days, had his own family spurn him, watched the closest being he called a brother die in his arms, seen his beloved Shadow Lass die several times and has died and reborn as a puppet of Time Trapper. And he still is the greatest hero the legion has ever seen. Infallible, incorruptible, righteous and one who can make the hardest decisions any hero has ever made.

Originally posted by abhilegend
There come a point in every hero's career when its hard for them to take a certain decision as there would be dire consequences to it. For example

In one of the greatest comics ever, Mon-El kills Time-trapper and erases entire 31st century

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11227125_m1.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11227126_m2.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11227127_m3.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11227128_m4.jpg

So, what are some other toughest decisions our heroes have made?

riv6672
Excellent pick and scans to match. Very underrated character.

beatboks
What hero could you never see going to the dark side, what villain would never turn hero, no matter how clever the writer?

I've been surprised over the years by characters like Eddie Brock and Hal Jordan, but there are some heroes and villains that just cant be done, i think.

Hero wise, Captain America will never turn villain. He's gone against the government before, but he'll never get into the world take over business. No way.

Villain wise an easy pick is Cap's arch foe, Red Skull. Red Skull. I dont think i even need to elaborate on that one.

daredevil. If kingpin learning his secret ID and then killing his love (Karen), destroying his professional career and staining his name couldn't make him turn bad nothing will

leonidas
dd is a great pick. hard to argue against cap though, seriously. for villains, not to imaginative but joker could never be good, not going by his best portrayals....

JayDaDon
You qft you troll

The phuck?confused

Philosophía
Originally posted by JayDaDon
The phuck?confused http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa241/georgia85/Horror%20Gifs/Shining-WaveofBlood.gif

StyleTime
^

laughing out loud

riv6672
DD is a good pick, IMO.
That said, how does the semi recent Hand leadership thing figure in?

beatboks
DD is a good pick, IMO.
That said, how does the semi recent Hand leadership thing figure in?
Shit writing, shit story and at no point did it feel like Matt Murdock ( which sort of proves the point)

JayDaDon

Stoic
Hero: Adam Warlock, Captain America, Superman, Silver Surfer, Thor

Villain: Magus, Red Skull, Doomsday, Lord Mar-Vell, Gorr

riv6672
Originally posted by beatboks
Shit writing, shit story and at no point did it feel like Matt Murdock ( which sort of proves the point)
Glad to hear that.
It didnt sound like a very DDish event.

psycho gundam
guy 222/abhilegend

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.