Thanos Vs H/P Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeonBuco666
Bfr off
Cis & pis off

Im going with DD for the majority.

carver9
Thanos wins

LeonBuco666
You have wholly convinced me....

Insane Titan
Under the stops Thanos wrecks

carver9
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
You have wholly convinced me....

How is he getting pass Thanos shields? Remember, Champion couldn't even do it and he wrecked a planet in the same fight (he also possessed the power gem).

LeonBuco666
ABC is as easy as 123 Carver

Estacado
SSJ Thanos ftw.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by carver9
How is he getting pass Thanos shields? Remember, Champion couldn't even do it and he wrecked a planet in the same fight (he also possessed the power gem).

In fact he was actually going to break them, but like Thanos says at the last minute he jumps in the air instead.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/Bubbleuk/ThanosQuest1-31.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/Bubbleuk/ThanosQuest1-32.jpg

So he was going to break them but he never finished the job.

On the threads topic not sure who would take it though.

carver9
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
In fact he was actually going to break them, but like Thanos says at the last minute he jumps in the air instead.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/Bubbleuk/ThanosQuest1-31.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/Bubbleuk/ThanosQuest1-32.jpg

So he was going to break them but he never finished the job.

On the threads topic not sure who would take it though.

thumb up

Don't think Doomsday is as strong as Champion.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Character growth. Go Thanos go.

Thanos wins.

smile

zopzop
Yeah, I'm going with Thanos here.

Werewolf582
Doomsday has a speed advantage if I'm not missing something. However thanos is far more powerful and stronger. He should win.

abhilegend
Doomsday wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Doomsday wins. Based on ?

Reshiram
Thanos should win, unless someone like Jurgens was writing it to hype Doomsday, then Thanos would of probably been fed to him.

h1a8
DD wins with ease in less than 10 minutes.
He's stronger, far faster, immune to Thanos energy projection, heals instantly, adapts on the fly.

Let's say Thanos hits DD on average once per 10 seconds. DD heals from any damage (if he even gets damaged). Thanos makes no progress whatsoever. DD tears him a new ******* with his protrusions.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
DD wins with ease in less than 10 minutes.
He's stronger, far faster, immune to Thanos energy projection, heals instantly, adapts on the fly.

Let's say Thanos hits DD on average once per 10 seconds. DD heals from any damage (if he even gets damaged). Thanos makes no progress whatsoever. DD tears him a new ******* with his protrusions.

Thanos can amplify every stat that he has, and he can heal from virtually any wound by Death's decree, and for the simple fact that he is an Eternal (one of the most powerful ones to boot).

DarkSaint85

Collateral damage? Really?

Prof. T.C McAbe
HP DD stomps.

AsbestosFlaygon
Hmmm, this is a tough match.

Thanos has the versatility, but Doomsday has the durability.

Both more or less have the same strength.

I think H/P DD is strong enough to break Thanos' shields like Champion, and he won't jump like an idiot.

DD was owning the JL like flies. He was almost unstoppable if not for plot. If he can withstand blows from above 100CL characters like in H/P, he will withstand Thanos's attacks.

I give him slight edge due to speed 6/10. He will land more blows and that will eventually hurt the Mad Titan.

Diesldude

Was Champion fully using the PG? Does it matter if he had the power gem if he wasn't using it to it's full potential? All it says is that Thanos shields was able to hold against blows by Champion+ fraction of the power of the PG.

DOS Doomsday has destroyed shields/force fields that were designed by an advanced civilization. (not saying they were on the same level as thanos's shields) . HP DD took Omega Beams point blank range twice, DS's greatest attack and then came back up and destroyed DS in a couple of panels.

Thanos was afraid and shitting bricks there in the last panel first scan against champion.

That's how he will react facing Doomsday, but Doomsday wont give up until the shields are shattered and the old prune-face is black and blue.

Estacado
It's funny how people use a 10+ year feat while Thanos shields have better feats like holding up against Galactus attack...ermm

Insane Titan
I geuss the last part of your post isn't serious

Diesldude
Originally posted by Estacado
It's funny how people use a 10+ year feat while Thanos shields have better feats like holding up against Galactus attack...ermm

Yeah I agree, galactus had to spend a few moments to recharge after his first blast to break Thanos's shield. I only replied because carver was trying to make it seem as if champion with the pg couldn't break them.

Insane Titan
It's funny how people use a 10+ year feat while Thanos shields have better feats like holding up against Galactus attack...ermm true , plus the thing about Thanos been afraid of Champion or Hulk when Thanos has flat out confronted the likes of Tryant, Galactus , PG Thor and Odin

DarkSaint85
Hulk >Odin and Galactus doe.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hulk >Odin and Galactus doe. only in the CARVERVERSE

Rao Kal El
Doomsday wins

zopzop
Or the even more impressive Omega feat. That being was said to be more powerful than Galactus (confirmed by Captain Marvel's Cosmic Awareness) and Thanos' shields saved him from a direct attack.

Originally posted by Insane Titan
true , plus the thing about Thanos been afraid of Champion or Hulk when Thanos has flat out confronted the likes of Tryant, Galactus , PG Thor and Odin
And Maker, Omega, etc...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Doomsday wins Based on ?

Rao Kal El
Based on ?

Why are you always following me dude? is as if you like to get spanked.

Aaaaaaaanyhow

When I see Thanos no selling/tanking a full power blast of MIN LI NG, QUASAR, WAR MACHINE, VISION & GLADIATOR, at the same time with one hand tied behind his back after he just fought MIN LI NG, QUASAR, WAR MACHINE, VISION, ICE PRINCESS , EMMA FROST & DAREDEVIL, then I will believe that he has a chance against H/P Doomsday.

And the shields are not going to help much as H/P Doomsday has shown that He can disrupt energy as He did on Radiant an ENERGY being or Waverider another Energy being.

And for Thanos to try to control Doomsday? Well Unless Doomsday comes from a near death experience from entrophy I don't see how is this happening.

When I see Thanos facing hand to hand an enraged Hulk instead of using the Hulk for his benefit then I could believe he has a better chance than Darkseid who at least has the balls to face Superman with out shields you know.

Other wise I think H/P Doomsday wins and handly at it.

Now, stop stalking me.

TheLordofMurder
Character growth. Go Thanos go.

Thanos wins.

smile

Hey Quanchi, who's tougher...HP Doomsday or these guys?

Estacado

Aaaaaaaanyhow

When I see Thanos no selling/tanking a full power blast of MIN LI NG, QUASAR, WAR MACHINE, VISION & GLADIATOR, at the same time with one hand tied behind his back after he just fought MIN LI NG, QUASAR, WAR MACHINE, VISION, ICE PRINCESS , EMMA FROST & DAREDEVIL, then I will believe that he has a chance against H/P Doomsday.

And the shields are not going to help much as H/P Doomsday has shown that He can disrupt energy as He did on Radiant an ENERGY being or Waverider another Energy being.

And for Thanos to try to control Doomsday? Well Unless Doomsday comes from a near death experience from entrophy I don't see how is this happening.

When I see Thanos facing hand to hand an enraged Hulk instead of using the Hulk for his benefit then I could believe he has a better chance than Darkseid who at least has the balls to face Superman with out shields you know.

Now, stop stalking me.
Walkig through a blast from Odin is kinda more impressive then the mentioned....ermm

Rao Kal El
Walkig through a blast from Odin is kinda more impressive then the mentioned....ermm

But it seems the writer made it obvious that Thanos was using shields, that will not be quite as impressive.

Also Odin seems like is not enraged into the fight while Thanos looks struggling

Insane Titan
But it seems the writer made it obvious that Thanos was using shields, that will not be quite as impressive.

Also Odin seems like is not enraged into the fight while Thanos looks struggling stop lying , the writer never It look like a sheild at anytime in the fight.

For once back up this claim.

Rao Kal El
^This surely seems like a shield to me

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Marvel%20Comics/Thanos%20limits/th_Warlock25-20_zpse7660776.jpg

Notice how the artist portrays Thanos taking the blast vs Odin taking the blast, it is clear the curvature right in front of Thanos chest deflecting the blast while Odin is rightfully just no selling on the attack with out shields

zopzop
Also Odin seems like is not enraged into the fight while Thanos looks struggling
What? Odin deemed Thanos a big enough problem that he summoned his spear and channeled that huge @$$ blast through it.

Thanos muscled his way past it and battled Odin for control of the spear. Odin knew he was in a fight.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Marvel%20Comics/Thanos%20limits/th_Warlock25-20_zpse7660776.jpg
Then how do you explain the MUCH more impressive blast Thanos muscled through? Odin got nowhere till he summoned his spear.

carver9
That was a good post from Rao and Thanos also does have some impressive showings, against high tier beings. I want to see Thanos in an actual fight, kinda like his showing against Odin and Tyrant, no interference but I want to see it with someone like Thor or Hulk. If he stomps them, oh well, if it ends in a draw, oh well, if it ends with Thanos on the losing end, oh well. At least it would get rid of a lot of discussion here and we would have an indication on how far Thanos is up the tier than Heralds and trans tiers.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by zopzop
What? Odin deemed Thanos a big enough problem that he summoned his spear and channeled that huge @$$ blast through it.

Thanos muscled his way past it and battled Odin for control of the spear. Odin knew he was in a fight.

The way I saw the fight is that Odin is just basically measuring his opponent little by little, while He respects Thanos, Thanos was on his last legs, While Odin still seems pretty fresh

Originally posted by zopzop
Then how do you explain the MUCH more impressive blast Thanos muscled through? Odin got nowhere till he summoned his spear.

It seems to me that Thanos shields gave up on his last walk against Odin's trident that is when you can actually see Thanos battle damaged, anything prior to that I chalk it up to the shields, IMO

Estacado
That was a good post from Rao and Thanos also does have some impressive showings, against high tier beings. I want to see Thanos in an actual fight, kinda like his showing against Odin and Tyrant, no interference but I want to see it with someone like Thor or Hulk. If he stomps them, oh well, if it ends in a draw, oh well, if it ends with Thanos on the losing end, oh well. At least it would get rid of a lot of discussion here and we would have an indication on how far Thanos is up the tier than Heralds and trans tiers.
Thanos just handled Thor easily when he went berserk rage he sent the whole Avengers flying.It was even implied that the Avengers were done for if Thane haven't intervened.

He would eat Thor or Hulk for breakfast.

Insane Titan

Notice how the artist portrays Thanos taking the blast vs Odin taking the blast, it is clear the curvature right in front of Thanos chest deflecting the blast while Odin is rightfully just no selling on the attack with out shields to you it seems like a shield because you want to lowball a Thanos feat.

If it was a sheild it would of broke or shattered , otherwise Thanos would have continued to use it.

It's a fact whenever Thanos has used a sheild it has been either shown , stated or Thanos has commanded them.

Again what PROOF do you have ?

carver9
Thanos just handled Thor easily when he went berserk rage he sent the whole Avengers flying.It was even implied that the Avengers were done for if Thane haven't intervened.

He would eat Thor or Hulk for breakfast.

What in the hell. Thor was still active after that. Pushing Thor back doesn't mean you've defeated him. I want to see a drawn out fight. Thanos really didn't do much during that instance.

Estacado
He beats guys like Lord-Marvell who could have 1 shoted the Annihilators.He does better against Tyrant then a team of heralds.

Your assuming that Thor or Hulk could stand up to him is pretty ridiculous.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Notice how the artist portrays Thanos taking the blast vs Odin taking the blast, it is clear the curvature right in front of Thanos chest deflecting the blast while Odin is rightfully just no selling on the attack with out shields

Only that wasn't a shield... each time he's used one.. it has either been mentioned as being up even though it's invisible (Omega) or it has been outright shown (Thor and Galactus).. NEITHER was the case in the scan you posted. Regardless, he walked through a much more powerful blast after that so it matters not anyways

KuRuPT Thanosi
The way I saw the fight is that Odin is just basically measuring his opponent little by little, while He respects Thanos, Thanos was on his last legs, While Odin still seems pretty fresh

It seems to me that Thanos shields gave up on his last walk against Odin's trident that is when you can actually see Thanos battle damaged, anything prior to that I chalk it up to the shields, IMO

You literally have no clue what you're talking about.. READ THE FIGHT AGAIN... Other blasts from Odin sent Thanos flying.. if his shields were up.. how was he sent flying? Please think before you type or at least read the comic. Lord.

quanchi112

Aaaaaaaanyhow

Now, stop stalking me. Thanos has effortlessly tanked a blast to his sexy face from the Surfer while he sat in his space recliner. We also see Thanos effortlessly tank an Odin blast that oneshotted Surfer. Odin is a lot more powerful than the feebs you mentioned in combat.

Doomsday was immune to the one method but he can't just best the shields unless he physically does so. Thanos is too intelligent for Doomsday.

He slapped Hulk and a friend. He also overpowered the Hulk and a friend. Hulk came at him recently and Thanos effortlessly punched him away. I am giving you greater showings than the Hulk so quit ignoring comics.

Thanos is simply beyond the Hulk and also beyond Doomsday.

Thanos wins, easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Hey Quanchi, who's tougher...HP Doomsday or these guys? That isn't canon but they'd definitely arrest Doomsday.

carver9
He beats guys like Lord-Marvell who could have 1 shoted the Annihilators.He does better against Tyrant then a team of heralds.

Never said they could beat him but at least have them fight. DC does it with Superman and Darkseid.

Lord Marvel went fist cuff with THANOS which was dumb. Can't see Lord Marvel beating the Annihilators with nothing but his hands.

Mindship
Cis & pis off I have no idea who would win. The only question that pops into mind is this: with cis and pis ON, Doomsday -- especially his more powerful versions -- always sort of impressed me as a walking plot device. Now, with cis/pis OFF ... ? Jiminy Crickets, he would be, virtually by definition, unbeatable.

The only reason I'm not giving DD the automatic win is because a cisless/pisless Thanos is also something I'm sure I would underestimate.

Great fight, a helluva lot more interesting that Thanos v Darkseid.

Galan007
h/p dd wins, imo. he was much, much more powerful than most realize.

Stoic
Originally posted by Galan007
h/p dd wins, imo. he was much, much more powerful than most realize.

I agree that he was very powerful, but then he went and got flash fried by Imperiex, while Thanos was able to survive a blast from Omega.

Galan007
the difference is that omega didn't fire blasts of pure entropy, like imperiex.

Stoic
So does this mean that Omega would not be able to fry him with his power? This is a being stated to have been more powerful than Galactus. Was HP DD so powerful that even Galactus would be unable to destroy him? Is this what you're saying?

KuRuPT Thanosi
DD is tough but he would be put down... This match isn't DD is put down and then he comes back for another match having the ability to adapt... This is them meeting for the first time each time out of 10. Which means Thanos will put him down for a forum win for a clear majority. If DD was able to adapt and it was 10 consecutive fights.. that would be different

carver9
the difference is that omega didn't fire blasts of pure entropy, like imperiex.

I remember you giving examples in the past on why you'll give Doomsday the edge but I can't remember. Why would you give him the edge against Thanos?

Galan007
Originally posted by Stoic
So does this mean that Omega would not be able to fry him with his power? This is a being stated to have been more powerful than Galactus. Was HP DD so powerful that even Galactus would be unable to destroy him? Is this what you're saying? i'm saying that it is faulty to compare the blast omega used against thanos to the blast imperiex used against dd, as they were obviously not the same type of energy. this is extremely important because thanos would be 'fried' if imperiex were to blast him with entropy.

remember, entropy is to dc what nullification is to marvel. and given that entropy has destroyed entire universeS, and even abstract concepts(like death itself), being killed by it is certainly not a poor durability showing by any stretch.

I remember you giving examples in the past on why you'll give Doomsday the edge but I can't remember. Why would you give him the edge against Thanos? during the h/p arc, superman was massively(and i mean massively) amped, yet dd still utterly thrashed him like a second-rate piece of fodder.

carver9
i'm saying that it is faulty to compare the blast omega used against thanos to the blast imperiex used against dd, as they were obviously not the same type of energy. this is extremely important because thanos would be 'fried' if imperiex were to blast him with entropy.

remember, entropy is to dc what nullification is to marvel. and given that entropy has destroyed entire universeS, and even abstract concepts(like death itself), being killed by it is certainly not a poor durability showing by any stretch.

during the h/p arc, superman was massively(and i mean massively) amped, yet dd still utterly thrashed him like a second-rate piece of fodder.

I agree with some of what you said, especially Superman being amped. Then Doomsday almost killed Darkseid with iirc, 4 blows which is well above Thanos ability to do imo.

There is one thing I disagree with though. The power level of Entropy. Didn't Steel in the armor withstood attacks from Entropy (yes, I know the armor is made from parts of Imperiex but you also have to factor in what has damaged Imperiex, Superman in the blue suit comes to mind) and Sun Dip Superman also withstood attacks from Entropy. Hell, Superman without the sun dip didn't turn to bone like Doomsday did. Yes, he would have died if Darkseid didn't save him when he was blasted off but his body still withstood the attack better. I wouldn't consider Superman durability, even during OWAW, on Thanos level.

Galan007
I agree with some of what you said, especially Superman being amped. Then Doomsday almost killed Darkseid with iirc, 4 blows which is well above Thanos ability to do imo.

There is one thing I disagree with though. The power level of Entropy. Didn't Steel in the armor withstood attacks from Entropy (yes, I know the armor is made from parts of Imperiex but you also have to factor in what has damaged Imperiex, Superman in the blue suit comes to mind) and Sun Dip Superman also withstood attacks from Entropy. Hell, Superman without the sun dip didn't turn to bone like Doomsday did. Yes, he would have died if Darkseid didn't save him when he was blasted off but his body still withstood the attack better. I wouldn't consider Superman durability, even during OWAW, on Thanos level. carver, the entropy/aegis armor could create entropy. of course entropy isn't going to negatively affect it. none

also, darkseid teleported superman away from the field BEFORE imperiex's blast touched him:
http://i.imgur.com/H02XY9g.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Y6TcDv3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2AZZVOG.jpg

darkseid confirms in the following issue:
http://i.imgur.com/L6z2BsY.jpg
ie. entropy never touched him.

gotta read dem comics, carv. thumb up

carver9
carver, the entropy/aegis armor could create entropy. of course entropy isn't going to negatively affect it. none

also, darkseid teleported superman away from the field BEFORE imperiex's blast touched him:

thumb up

Good post. I thought the reason he was on fire was due to Imperiex blast. Remember Darkseid saying that but reading it in its entirety, I see where it someone could pick up on Darkseid transporting him before the blasts touched him.

Sun dipped Superman still withstood those same blasts.

Galan007
thumb up

Good post. I thought the reason he was on fire was due to Imperiex blast. Remember Darkseid saying that but reading it in its entirety, I see where it someone could pick up on Darkseid transporting him before the blasts touched him.

Sun dipped Superman still withstood those same blasts. entropy never touched superman.

entropy never touched sun-dipped superman either.

Harbinger
laughing out loud

h1a8
How is he getting pass Thanos shields? Remember, Champion couldn't even do it and he wrecked a planet in the same fight (he also possessed the power gem). Let me straighten your logic out my son.

1. Champion was crumbing Thanos shields FAR before he reached planet destroying power. The actual planet destroying hit didn't touch Thanos shields.

2. Champion only destroyed the planet by leaping far up (something he wasn't doing hitting Thanos shields). The planet actually destroyed itself. Champion just created an instability in the planet. The core of the planet became unstable and blew itself up.
Gladiator's feat was better.

Thanos can amplify every stat that he has, and he can heal from virtually any wound by Death's decree, and for the simple fact that he is an Eternal (one of the most powerful ones to boot).

1. I would like proof that Thanos can amplify every stat on a whim in battle. And then proof that he didn't amplify every stat before coming into major battles.

2. Thanos healing ability is almost non existent as based off his history.
He heals faster than a human but much slower than Wolverine or Hulk.

carver9
entropy never touched superman.

entropy never touched sun-dipped superman either.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/2964724-2604578-actioncomics782pg13vs8_zps56f26528.jpg.html

Were they not powered by Impreriex energy? Also, wasn't the planet blasting at Superman?

Galan007
just because b13 was leeching energy from imperiex doesn't mean he just started shitting out entropy. the fact that superman survived those blasts is proof that it wasn't entropy, tbh. thumb up

also imperiex wasn't just a one-dimensional character who *only* embodied entropy/destruction--he was also a fundamental force of rebirth. smile

h1a8

This is silly logic.
Lord-Marvell fought Thanos on a physical level. He even affected Thanos physically.
What are Lord-Marvell's durability feats, strength feats,...? You can't use a scene where he creates a bomb to kill the Annihilators as proof to how strong or durable he is. We have no idea how he generated that bomb. It could have been prep, magic, tech, etc.

Did you see how Tyrant went up against multiple opponents? Did you read the fights?
There was nothing Tyrant did to suggest he was more than 3x Gladiator in physical might. Thanos had an amp and still was no match.

Stoic
Let me straighten your logic out my son.

1. Champion was crumbing Thanos shields FAR before he reached planet destroying power. The actual planet destroying hit didn't touch Thanos shields.

2. Champion only destroyed the planet by leaping far up (something he wasn't doing hitting Thanos shields). The planet actually destroyed itself. Champion just created an instability in the planet. The core of the planet became unstable and blew itself up.
Gladiator's feat was better.

1. I would like proof that Thanos can amplify every stat on a whim in battle. And then proof that he didn't amplify every stat before coming into major battles.

2. Thanos healing ability is almost non existent as based off his history.
He heals faster than a human but much slower than Wolverine or Hulk.

He did it when he fought his doppelganger. Is this proof enough? Also your take on the Champion showing is wrong, but what's new? The Champion wasn't holding back when he was hitting Thanos' shields, I'm not sure what exactly you were seeing, but he was trying to kill Thanos. When this did not happen he took to the skies and attempting to kill Thanos by taking another approach. I don't know why you make these things up, that go outside of what was actually seen in the book.

Thanos came back from bones. How long do you think that took? How long did it take HP DD to come back from being reduced to bones? Years? You only see what you want to see.

carver9
just because b13 was leeching energy from imperiex doesn't mean he just started shitting out entropy. the fact that superman survived those blasts is proof that it wasn't entropy, tbh. thumb up

also imperiex wasn't just a one-dimensional character who *only* embodied entropy/destruction--he was also a fundamental force of rebirth. smile

thumb up Gotcha.

Stoic
i'm saying that it is faulty to compare the blast omega used against thanos to the blast imperiex used against dd, as they were obviously not the same type of energy. this is extremely important because thanos would be 'fried' if imperiex were to blast him with entropy.

during the h/p arc, superman was massively(and i mean massively) amped, yet dd still utterly thrashed him like a second-rate piece of fodder.

Would DD live through Omega? I understand everything that you said, but would DD live past Omega is my question? Power is power, even at different levels.

h1a8
Would DD live through Omega? I understand everything that you said, but would DD live past Omega is my question? Power is power, even at different levels. Why not? Thanos used shields to block the brunt of Omega's attack. DD survived the OB at point blank range. The OB vaporized two missiles (at less than half power) that Superman, with all of his might, couldn't even damage in the slightest.

Stoic
Why not? Thanos used shields to block the brunt of Omega's attack. DD survived the OB at point blank range. The OB vaporized two missiles (at less than half power) that Superman, with all of his might, couldn't even damage in the slightest.

So Darkseid is a match for Omega who was written to be more powerful than Galactus because he destroyed missiles that Superman could not destroy?

h1a8
So Darkseid is a match for Omega who was written to be more powerful than Galactus because he destroyed missiles that Superman could not destroy? Being a match and having a stronger power output in particular comics are two different things.

Darksied in that particular comic had a power output greater than Omega in that particular comic.

Character's power output ranges from comic to comic. Odin has shown a greater power output in a particular comic (highest showing) than Galactus has in another particular comic (lowest showing).

We go by feats, not opinions.
You can't equate a character's highest feats with EVERY showing they have been in.
Otherwise, Gladiator has always punched with planet busting power.

Sorry but it takes more than billion of times more power output to vaporize something than to simply barely destroy it. And it takes several times more power output to destroy something than to damage it slightly. Superman couldn't even damage it slightly. So the OB was more than billions of times more powerful than Superman.

There is no evidence to suggest that Omega's blasts was beyond billions of times more power than Superman.

h1a8
double post

celeyhyga17
Don't know why you still won't accept that he is so far beyond high herald it's comical.
Even one of the definitive high heralds in comics can't do anything against him except get literally beaten to near death.

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/thanos/Thanos_Silver_Surfer_1.jpg

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/thanos/Thanos_Silver_Surfer_2.jpg

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/thanos/Thanos_Silver_Surfer_3.jpg

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/thanos/Thanos_Silver_Surfer_4.jpg

Stoic
Being a match and having a stronger power output in particular comics are two different things.

Darksied in that particular comic had a power output greater than Omega in that particular comic.

Character's power output ranges from comic to comic. Odin has shown a greater power output in a particular comic (highest showing) than Galactus has in another particular comic (lowest showing).

We go by feats, not opinions.
You can't equate a character's highest feats with EVERY showing they have been in.
Otherwise, Gladiator has always punched with planet busting power.

Sorry but it takes more than billion of times more power output to vaporize something than to simply barely destroy it. And it takes several times more power output to destroy something than to damage it slightly. Superman couldn't even damage it slightly. So the OB was more than billions of times more powerful than Superman.

There is no evidence to suggest that Omega's blasts was beyond billions of times more power than Superman.

That's the stupidest thing that I may have ever read. Darkseid is not more powerful than Omega, so just give that little theory a rest. And if by you going by that feat made him billions of times greater than Superman, I guess that this particular showing would also make him billions of time greater than HP DD correct? Then why make a statement that would turn around, and bite you square in the ass? And if it's feats that we go by, and not opinion, why is it that all you are saying is opinion? Darkseid gets mauled by DD, but then he's billions of times greater than DD. Yeah I'm sure anyone reading what you stated are following along without question.

Delta1938
carver, the entropy/aegis armor could create entropy. of course entropy isn't going to negatively affect it. none

ie. entropy never touched him.

I know this is going off-topic, but......

The art shows Superman getting hit. The following comic for the storyline, Darkseid doesn't say anything about taking him away before he got hit. In fact, narration earlier than the scan you showed said, "The Kryptonian has himself this day faced death and felt its breath--before Imperiex he fell but was sparred the killing blow." So Imperiex beat Superman by staring at him, but didn't hit him with the energy blast even though the art shows him being hit?

SquallX
Originally posted by Delta1938

The art shows Superman getting hit. The following comic for the storyline, Darkseid doesn't say anything about taking him away before he got hit. In fact, narration earlier than the scan you showed said, "The Kryptonian has himself this day faced death and felt its breath--before Imperiex he fell but was sparred the killing blow." So Imperiex beat Superman by staring at him, but didn't hit him with the energy blast even though the art shows him being hit?

Superman did not get hit by Entropy. Darkseid saved his ass.

Diesldude
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Don't know why you still won't accept that he is so far beyond high herald it's comical.
Even one of the definitive high heralds in comics can't do anything against him except get literally beaten to near death.

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/thanos/Thanos_Silver_Surfer_1.jpg

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/thanos/Thanos_Silver_Surfer_2.jpg

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/thanos/Thanos_Silver_Surfer_3.jpg

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/thanos/Thanos_Silver_Surfer_4.jpg

Was Thano's using shields and tech? It appears so, because after blocking Surfer's blast, he uppercuts SS, the fist looks like it has residual energy around it.

Then the punch to the gut, a straight physical punch wouldn't have yellow lightening emitting from what appears to be Thanos hand/fist.

The same color as the blast that thanos hit ss with in the first panel and similar to the energy emitted when he teleported with the surfer. Then in that 1st of the tiny scan's Thanos finishes a punch and you can clearly see his fist glowing with engery. Definitely was amping his punches.

Also the way surfer's blast dispersed after hitting Thanos' hand looks like he put up a shield. The energy from ss' blast after hitting his hand, went around thanos instead of going straight into his hand and face. Looks like Thanos had prep here.

Delta1938
Originally posted by SquallX
Superman did not get hit by Entropy. Darkseid saved his ass.

What a well thought-out, compelling and convincing argument that counters and disproves every point I made from the two relevant issues. I have seen the light. Superman was never hit.

In unrelated news, I have a new pet unicorn that hunts and eats saltwater crocodiles and sneezes rainbows of napalm.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Diesldude
Was Thano's using shields and tech? It appears so, because after blocking Surfer's blast, he uppercuts SS, the fist looks like it has residual energy around it.

Then the punch to the gut, a straight physical punch wouldn't have yellow lightening emitting from what appears to be Thanos hand/fist.

The same color as the blast that thanos hit ss with in the first panel and similar to the energy emitted when he teleported with the surfer. Then in that 1st of the tiny scan's Thanos finishes a punch and you can clearly see his fist glowing with engery. Definitely was amping his punches.

Also the way surfer's blast dispersed after hitting Thanos' hand looks like he put up a shield. The energy from ss' blast after hitting his hand, went around thanos instead of going straight into his hand and face. Looks like Thanos had prep here.
He did not use shields. Not sure how you came up with that.

What does having tech have to do with how Surfer got stomped here? Thanos almost always has tech. He is a being of both science and magics.

What does him amping punches have to do with anything?

Again he did not use shields in the traditional sense. Yes he did if you count his own hands. In fact that scene is almost lowballing how he usually treats Surfer's blasts. Normally he eats them up with a smile. I can show you that too if you want, but you should just take my word for it.

Why would you think he had prep? embarrasment

Diesldude
He did not use shields. Not sure how you came up with that.

What does having tech have to do with how Surfer got stomped here? Thanos almost always has tech. He is a being of both science and magics.

What does him amping punches have to do with anything?

Again he did not use shields in the traditional sense. Yes he did if you count his own hands. In fact that scene is almost lowballing how he usually treats Surfer's blasts. Normally he eats them up with a smile. I can show you that too if you want, but you should just take my word for it.

Why would you think he had prep? embarrasment

He did use shields, like you said he is a being of science and magic and uses tech which is a part of him. Why would he block surfers blast by raising his hand up? The energy dispersed completely around Thanos, none of it went past his hand. The blast from surfer couldn't have been palm sized, could it?

I've seen that scan of surfer hitting Thano's in the face, but that was a warning shot. Thanos iis a tactical genius and knows how surfer will react. This blast and the one that Thanos ate were completely different in power output. One, the blast Surfer created here was after he got cheapshotted. Thanos knew that Surfer would be pissed/hurt and will more than likely go with a powerful attack instead of a warning shot and had his shields ready just in case.

I know Amping his punches is a part Thanos' powerset but why did Thanos need to amp here especially after a cheapshot,which in comics usually take a huge toll on the person getting hit.

Now when you take all this into consideration, Thanos had prep because he came ready to fight, caught the surfer off guard and made quick work with everything at his disposal.

h1a8
That's the stupidest thing that I may have ever read. Darkseid is not more powerful than Omega, so just give that little theory a rest. And if by you going by that feat made him billions of times greater than Superman, I guess that this particular showing would also make him billions of time greater than HP DD correct? Then why make a statement that would turn around, and bite you square in the ass? And if it's feats that we go by, and not opinion, why is it that all you are saying is opinion? Darkseid gets mauled by DD, but then he's billions of times greater than DD. Yeah I'm sure anyone reading what you stated are following along without question.

We go by feats.
On average DS isn't more powerful than Galactus. But in that arc, the OB was astronomically more powerful than Superman. This was a fact. HP DD took more than twice that power.

Omega never was shown to be even 100x more powerful than Superman.

Durability, power blast output, strength, speed, skill are all different things.
You can't equate one thing with another.
DS blasting power has nothing to do with his strength, durability, or speed.
DD was physically stronger, faster, etc.

celeyhyga17
He did use shields, like you said he is a being of science and magic and uses tech which is a part of him. Why would he block surfers blast by raising his hand up? The energy dispersed completely around Thanos, none of it went past his hand. The blast from surfer couldn't have been palm sized, could it?

I've seen that scan of surfer hitting Thano's in the face, but that was a warning shot. Thanos iis a tactical genius and knows how surfer will react. This blast and the one that Thanos ate were completely different in power output. One, the blast Surfer created here was after he got cheapshotted. Thanos knew that Surfer would be pissed/hurt and will more than likely go with a powerful attack instead of a warning shot and had his shields ready just in case.

I know Amping his punches is a part Thanos' powerset but why did Thanos need to amp here especially after a cheapshot,which in comics usually take a huge toll on the person getting hit.

Now when you take all this into consideration, Thanos had prep because he came ready to fight, caught the surfer off guard and made quick work with everything at his disposal.
Where's your proof of shields other than you piggybacking on my statement of "science and magics"? When he uses shields, it's almost always quite clear.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49974/3069640-thor_vs_thanos_strike_super.jpg

And yet he wasn't knocked out. Surfer was easily on even ground when he recovered and blasted back.

This scene? Pretty sure Surfer warned him first, but blasted away when he got fed up. I mean it's pretty clear in the scan.
sad

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo45/aarons24/thanos/ThanostakesSurferblast.jpg

Now back to amping. Again what does Thanos having amped punches have to do with anything? I wish you would just stop beating around the bush and tell me what point you're trying to get at.

So prep now is Thanos being battle-ready for random situations?

Diesldude
Where's your proof of shields other than you piggybacking on my statement of "science and magics"? When he uses shields, it's almost always quite clear.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49974/3069640-thor_vs_thanos_strike_super.jpg

And yet he wasn't knocked out. Surfer was easily on even ground when he recovered and blasted back.

This scene? Pretty sure Surfer warned him first, but blasted away when he got fed up. I mean it's pretty clear in the scan.
sad

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo45/aarons24/thanos/ThanostakesSurferblast.jpg

Now back to amping. Again what does Thanos having amped punches have to do with anything? I wish you would just stop beating around the bush and tell me what point you're trying to get at.

So prep now is Thanos being battle-ready for random situations?

Surfer doesn't go for the kill on the first blast right unless his life depends on it right. But that's besides the point..

Ok thanks for bring up the scans, appreciate it..

Look at the blast surfer hits thanos while he is on his chair and compare that to the blast that thanos blocked with his hands.

The engery hits thanos all around and went behind and hit his chair as well. But in the scan where he raises his hand, the engery is dispersed around it, never going behind the hand into thanos/

The reason i'm bringing up energy amped punches is, that, can Thano's do what he did with just his physical stats? If he didn't amp his punches could he have done what he did to the surfer?

Diesldude

Decided to answer as well,

The shields are not always visible or quite clear as you say it is. Notice the scans of his fight with the champion. Everyone agrees that he had his shields up but we don't see them until they are cracking. If they didn't crack or remained invisible we would all have assumed that he wasn't using them even though he was.
His shields can be invisible or at least are invisible until they crack.

quanchi112
Wanted to answer as well,

The shields are not always visible or quite clear as you say it is. Notice the scans of his fight with the champion. Everyone agrees that he had his shields up but we don't see them until they are cracking. If they didn't crack or remained invisible we would all have assumed that he wasn't using them even though he was.
His shields can be invisible or at least are invisible until they crack. The artist always shows either the shields or them breaking. We have never seen any shield be destroyed without any artist making it clear in one way or another. This is ridiculous.

Diesldude
The artist always shows either the shields or them breaking. We have never seen any shield be destroyed without any artist making it clear in one way or another. This is ridiculous. So if they never break, they aren't there even though the engery blast dispersed like there was something?

quanchi112
So if they never break, they aren't there even though the engery blast dispersed like there was something? You use examples with nothing to suggest they were shields present but all the examples you named we clearly see the shields were present. You can't say shields without any evidence. That is the point, sport.

Stoic
What a well thought-out, compelling and convincing argument that counters and disproves every point I made from the two relevant issues. I have seen the light. Superman was never hit.

In unrelated news, I have a new pet unicorn that hunts and eats saltwater crocodiles and sneezes rainbows of napalm.

That's his cosmic plasma fist. He has always used it. It wasn't shields, it was him amping.

Delta1938
That's his cosmic plasma fist. He has always used it. It wasn't shields, it was him amping.

I get replies to sub-debates I'm not even part of!!

celeyhyga17
Surfer doesn't go for the kill on the first blast right unless his life depends on it right. But that's besides the point..

Ok thanks for bring up the scans, appreciate it..

Look at the blast surfer hits thanos while he is on his chair and compare that to the blast that thanos blocked with his hands.

The engery hits thanos all around and went behind and hit his chair as well. But in the scan where he raises his hand, the engery is dispersed around it, never going behind the hand into thanos/

The reason i'm bringing up energy amped punches is, that, can Thano's do what he did with just his physical stats? If he didn't amp his punches could he have done what he did to the surfer?
So what are you trying to continue on about his shields? That he was going to badly hurt by Surfer's blast if he didn't shield? I just showed you a scan of him no selling a Surfer blast.

Not one, but 2 lightning shots from Thor. Laughs it off.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11112/111121459/3474873-7530516277-34733.jpg

Wades through a concentrated Gungnir blast from Odin no less.
http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad9/ThorOdinson/Odin09.jpg

What are you trying to get at with Surfer's blast?

And you're point about amped punches is irrelevant to this thread... But to answer your question, that's a resounding YES! He would physically tool Surfer without amped punches. To think so otherwise is being ignorant to the character.

Then again you're probably a hater. I wouldn't mind though. Can't tell you what characters to like or dislike..

celeyhyga17
Decided to answer as well,

His shields can be invisible or at least are invisible until they crack.
Erm.. We are talking about artist's interpretation right? The fact that it was cracked shows that the artist meant to show shielding.
sad

Stoic
I get replies to sub-debates I'm not even part of!!

Sorry man I quoted the wrong person.

quanchi112
Erm.. We are talking about artist's interpretation right? The fact that it was cracked shows that the artist meant to show shielding.
sad Based off his logic Thanos could have invisible shielding on all the time because proof isn't required.

laughing out loud

Delta1938
Sorry man I quoted the wrong person.

Oh, I was just doing a little lighthearted trolling 'cuz I found it funny. big grin

celeyhyga17
Based off his logic Thanos could have invisible shielding on all the time because proof isn't required.

laughing out loud
What can I say? *Shrug*

LeonBuco666
Oh, I was just doing a little lighthearted trolling 'cuz I found it funny. big grin

Delta1938
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14795118

http://memesly.com/media/created/jylv2a.jpg

LeonBuco666
http://memesly.com/media/created/jylv2a.jpg

Diesldude
sad

Ok i will concede that he wasn't using shields there and Sufer's blast dispersed after getting blocked by Thanos' hand. Cool ? thumb up smile

Diesldude

laughing out loud

The Phuck you laughing at shithead.

Delta1938

Then I'd have to say--

http://photo4.ask.fm/780/264/137/710003017-1qfr84i-g7dsqbm1c25gd1k/original/file.jpg

LeonBuco666
Ok i will concede that he wasn't using shields there and Sufer's blast dispersed after getting blocked by Thanos' hand. Cool ? thumb up smile
Not cool. Never concede.

LeonBuco666
Then I'd have to say--

http://photo4.ask.fm/780/264/137/710003017-1qfr84i-g7dsqbm1c25gd1k/original/file.jpg

DTM
The big feats for me from HP Doomsday are:

Ripping Darkseid to pieces, in seconds, after taking a full on Omega Beam.
Demolishing a Mother Box amped Superman.
Taking apart Superman, Orion and Martian Manhunter, in seconds.

If Thanos is capable of these feats, Im not 100% sure, as not only did Doomsday do these things, he did them Easily.

LeonBuco666

I dont remember saying that, but I feel awesome that I did.

Much love Quan, you're in my heart always...shithead.

Delta1938

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5909545728/h132854EE/

LeonBuco666
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5909545728/h132854EE/

Delta1938

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4972134400/hA8526E04/

LeonBuco666
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4972134400/hA8526E04/

Delta1938

http://images.monstermarketplace.com/junk-food-t-shirts/jesus-loves-you-t-shirt-400x330.jpg

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/small/0812/jesus-loves-you-jesus-dalia-lama-religion-demotivational-poster-1229918102.jpg

LeonBuco666
http://images.monstermarketplace.com/junk-food-t-shirts/jesus-loves-you-t-shirt-400x330.jpg

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/small/0812/jesus-loves-you-jesus-dalia-lama-religion-demotivational-poster-1229918102.jpg

Delta1938

http://pintionary.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/your-argument-is-invalid.jpg

LeonBuco666
http://pintionary.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/your-argument-is-invalid.jpg

Delta1938
http://cdn.acidcow.com/pics/20131025/argument_43.jpg https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6060765952/hBCAA26EF/ http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Your_607939_131497.jpg http://lolsnaps.com/upload_pic/YourArgumentIsInvalid-91256.jpg http://www.superfunnyimages.com/images/d13c4da4e9_Your-argument-is-invalid---.jpg https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4648198144/h575F44AE/ http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/brandywine421/RPG-RAPTOR-SHARK-YOUR-ARGUMENT-IS-INVALID.jpg https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7822654208/h717B4BF2/ https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2425705728/hB5D8847A/

The. End.

LeonBuco666
http://cdn.acidcow.com/pics/20131025/argument_43.jpg https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6060765952/hBCAA26EF/ http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Your_607939_131497.jpg http://lolsnaps.com/upload_pic/YourArgumentIsInvalid-91256.jpg http://www.superfunnyimages.com/images/d13c4da4e9_Your-argument-is-invalid---.jpg https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4648198144/h575F44AE/ http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/brandywine421/RPG-RAPTOR-SHARK-YOUR-ARGUMENT-IS-INVALID.jpg https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7822654208/h717B4BF2/ https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2425705728/hB5D8847A/

The. End.

Chuck Norris was all that was needed.

You're alright man.

Delta1938
Chuck Norris was all that was needed.

You're alright man.

You're pretty ok too.

Diesldude
Was wondering how long it would take for you two to express your intimate feelings for each other.

Delta1938
Was wondering how long it would take for you two to express your intimate feelings for each other.

eek! laughing laughing

LeonBuco666
Hahaha...this thread got completely hijacked.

Delta1938
Hahaha...this thread got completely hijacked.

Yes, yes it did. But I think we're done with our meme war.

Anyways Doomsday wins.

LeonBuco666
Yes, yes it did. But I think we're done with our meme war.

Anyways Doomsday wins.

But yeah, DD wins IMO

Delta1938
But yeah, DD wins IMO

For that pic, I give you 100 billion WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? points.

LeonBuco666
For that pic, I give you 100 billion WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? points.
You just rocked my world.

Delta1938
You just rocked my world.

Of course, like the plot in a porno, the points are worthless.

LeonBuco666
Of course, like the plot in a porno, the points are worthless.

Yes...they dont matter.

Delta1938
Yes...they dont matter.

.....we're still hijacking the thread, just no longer with a meme war. I think should stop.

LeonBuco666
Its my thread.

DD wins.

Delta1938
Its my thread.

DD wins.

Yes, but we could still get in trouble. eek!

Anyways, why do you vote the Armageddon Machine?

LeonBuco666
Trick question; why do you?

Delta1938
Trick question; why do you?

miffed I asked first.

LeonBuco666
After seeing the arguments made for DD upto now he seems more likely to take it.

But its a close one imo.

quanchi112
You conceded.

Glorious.

Thanos wins.

Reshiram
Without any BFR Thanos gets punted over the horizon.

Galan007
Would DD live through Omega? I understand everything that you said, but would DD live past Omega is my question? Power is power, even at different levels. impossible to say. my only point is that entropy really cannot be compared to any other type of energy except for nullification.

do you believe a blast from omega=a blast from the UN..?

The art shows Superman getting hit. The following comic for the storyline, Darkseid doesn't say anything about taking him away before he got hit. In fact, narration earlier than the scan you showed said, "The Kryptonian has himself this day faced death and felt its breath--before Imperiex he fell but was sparred the killing blow." So Imperiex beat Superman by staring at him, but didn't hit him with the energy blast even though the art shows him being hit? it honestly doesn't matter how you interpreted the art, because in the very next issue darkseid told us what happened:
"Darkseid transported you from your fate at the hand of Imperiex's matter collapse and energy null for a higher purpose." in layman's terms: "I saved your ass from Imperiex's entropy blast, so you need to help me."

had entropy itself physically touched him, superman would have been destroyed...but it didn't, so he wasn't.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Reshiram
Without any BFR Thanos gets punted over the horizon. Based on ?

LeonBuco666
Based on ?

http://soepic.pl/stor/items/1358722778981.jpg

quanchi112
http://soepic.pl/stor/items/1358722778981.jpg Leave Peter Parker out of this.

LeonBuco666
Leave Peter Parker out of this.

Sorry sad

KuRuPT Thanosi
Is h1a8 being a moron again? Now DS in that arc with HPDD was 100x more powerful than superman.. and a rival to galactus? I still say there should be a ban for not reading comics and posting idiocy on a daily basis.

Again Thanos puts down DD each time they meet for the first time... That is just how it would go down. There is no logical reason to think he wouldn't. Sure it would be a good fight... but he'd be put down. Then they would meet for match no. 2 (which again is for the first time with no adaptation) and he would be put down again.

Galan007
^ are you aware of this, KT:
It turns out that Superman was hugely amped when he battled H/P Doomsday--before he even acquired a Mother Box...

A few months before the H/P arc began, a depowered Superman encountered Henshaw in 'Superman' v2 #82. As you can see, Henshaw attempted to kill Supes via blasting him with k-nite, but Eradicator jumped in the way of the blast before it directly touched Supes(essentially sacrificing himself), and the bleed-over energies then passed into Superman himself. After this happened, Supes was not only returned to full power, but he felt better than ever:
http://imgur.com/afwas1f
http://imgur.com/rTviBRf
http://imgur.com/sIa6JDf
http://imgur.com/aifJIPm
http://imgur.com/f7Mln3d
http://imgur.com/UAFgRuW
http://imgur.com/nAPpc9q
"I'm rejuvenated in a way I never thought possible! Something tells me I'll be able to handle anything better than ever!"

Soon thereafter(the same month/year the H/P arc began), it would be revealed that Superman had become immensely more powerful. Examples...

"Just tapped him a little... And he flew back like I hit him with my best haymaker!":
http://imgur.com/cyXBzZW

"Even using as little effort as possible, I'm still stronger...faster...and more powerful than ever before!":
http://imgur.com/Us6v8mS

Hamilton explains Superman's amp...

"You're absorbing solar radiation--and other energies--much faster than ever before! This is because you've been irradiated by something vaguely familiar to Kryptonite--call it Kryptonite-X."

Superman: "The last time I was exposed to Kryptonite, it passed through the Eradiactor first... Recharging my powers instantly!"

Hamilton: "A bit of foreshadowing there, I'd say. Bluntly, there's no physical way to expend your energy fast enough. Your powers will keep increasing until your body can't contain them.":
http://imgur.com/Q4ptobr
http://imgur.com/1Sb6SFT

His power increase was ambiguously alluded to during the H/P arc itself...

I'm better than before, too! Stronger.":
http://imgur.com/8cCM1Ii

However, his hugely amplified power during the H/P arc would be flat-out stated years later, in 'The Man of Tomorrow' #9...

"After his recovery, was stronger than ever. Good thing, too--'cause Doomsday had cheated death as well! Even with the extra power, he still needed some gizmo called a 'Mother Box' to help him stand up to Doomsday.":
http://imgur.com/SuRu2cz

In a nutshell: Superman was massively amped when the H/P arc began(to the point that he could use as little effort as possible, and was still more powerful than he was at his standard levels), yet was laughably inferior to H/P Doomsday. He then further amped his powers with a Mother Box, and was still barely able to give DD pause.

That is a huge testament to how f*cking powerful Doomsday was during that arc. FAR more powerful than I'd previously thought, tbh.

Prof. T.C McAbe
^In what Tier would you place HP DD, amped Superman and MotherBox amped Superman?

JBL
^ are you aware of this, KT: Interesting, very interesting.... I hope you don't mind me using your scans to put an end to something.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by JBL
Interesting, very interesting.... I hope you don't mind me using your scans to put an end to something. blink blink

John Bradshaw Layfield needs no permission. He is but a god.

quanchi112
impossible to say. my only point is that entropy really cannot be compared to any other type of energy except for nullification.

it honestly doesn't matter how you interpreted the art, because in the very next issue darkseid told us what happened:
"Darkseid transported you from your fate at the hand of Imperiex's matter collapse and energy null for a higher purpose." in layman's terms: "I saved your ass from Imperiex's entropy blast, so you need to help me."

had entropy itself physically touched him, superman would have been destroyed...but it didn't, so he wasn't. thumb up

Nicely done.

Delta1938
impossible to say. my only point is that entropy really cannot be compared to any other type of energy except for nullification.

it honestly doesn't matter how you interpreted the art, because in the very next issue darkseid told us what happened:

had entropy itself physically touched him, superman would have been destroyed...but it didn't, so he wasn't.

EXACT same issue as your scan of the Darkseid statement.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Captain%20Nazi%20exposure/Miscellaneous/SUPERMAN_MOS116-PG04.jpg

"The Kryptonian has himself this day faced death and felt its breath--before Imperiex he fell but was sparred the killing blow."

Superman was unconscious when brought to Apokolips. The Boom Tube knocked him out but for some reason narration said Imperiex beat him?

Galan007
"BUT WAS SPARED THE KILLING BLOW."

ergo he was 'ported away BEFORE the entropy destroyed him. darkseid further confirms this in the scan i already posted. point being: superman did not 'tank' entropy, or w/e, as it was made abundantly clear that said blast WOULD HAVE destroyed supes had darkseid not saved him from it.

DarkSaint85
He felt its breath....he fell but was spared the killing blow.

Only its breath.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Hey big Buddy... actually some of that I hadn't seen before or didn't remember it.. so TY for posting it. Thing is, I do think Superman was amp and it was impressive. However, wasn't it harder for superman to put down doomsday because he had already faced superman before? He had faced him before and knew what he did and was capable of... So it wasn't going to be as easy this time so superman had to amp up... Here.. DD doesn't have the luxury of facing Thanos before... nor anything to adapt to or be ready for. Still though, I think it would be a good fight... and I think you agree on that... I just think Thanos has what it takes to put him down for the count enough times for a majority. Thanos is all around more powerful than superman.... as well as tactically smarter. Imo he would find a way... Thanos usually always does. It's a good fight though no doubt

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>