Sebastian Shaw Vs Val Armorr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Classic Sebastian Shaw

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpsd00c59e7.jpg

Classic Karate Kid

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zps48a227f6.jpg

No prep, no BFR.

DarkSaint85
Question for the Shaw fans - can he be choked out?

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Question for the Shaw fans - can he be choked out?

If he can, I'm making a thread of Sebastian Shaw vs Damian Maia.

Insane Titan
On theory Shaw should win

maxivitopowe
Yeah that's how Tigra play beat him iirc

maxivitopowe
Yeah that's how Tigra almost beat him iirc

DarkSaint85
Got scans?

riv6672
Wait, Tigra the Avenger fought Shaw?

cdtm
Shaw has limits.

And Val could just beat him like he did Superboy, spinning him around like a top so fast he passes out.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Got scans?
No
Originally posted by riv6672
Wait, Tigra the Avenger fought Shaw?
Yeah
AvX Avengers Academy
Emma mindraped him so hard he grew hobo stubble and joined Utopia
They sent X students to Avengers Academy
They locked Shaw up, he escaped they thought he wanted to kill the students, he just wanted the freedom to choose whether to fight or not

riv6672
Wow, okay.

And what cdtm said, i was wondering how Shaw was going over a Kryptonian in this situation.

pym-ftw
Shaw was barely fighting back, Tigra didnt do anything to Shaw.

If Shaw just stood there i think he wins when Val tires himself out.

riv6672
Ha, talk about out of character on Val's part!

maxivitopowe
Classic Sebastian Shaw

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpsd00c59e7.jpg

Couldn't see the pic before but that's the hobo stubble

riv6672
Yeah i figured after you'd said so. I wondered where the Wolverine homage had come from!

cdtm
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Shaw was barely fighting back, Tigra didnt do anything to Shaw.

If Shaw just stood there i think he wins when Val tires himself out.

Not too likely, given Val's used to hitting characters he can't really hurt. Punches and kicks to Daxamites and Superboy are more stalling actions, then fight ending tactics. Also, he doesn't need to use blunt force.. He can easily pierce him, as he can shatter diamond and penetrate small amounts of inertron (A metal even Superboy struggles to damage)

And how strong can Shaw become? Because, Val was able to indefinitely restrain Superboy, on more then one occasion.. (And he KOed him on the first, by spinning him around like a top until he passed out.)

pym-ftw
Shaw absorbs kinetic energy, he is a horrible match up for a MA.

cdtm

Against an MA on Val's level?

His strikes are next to useless against Superboy or Mon El as is, so nothing really different there. And Shaw isn't nearly as fast as they are, yet KK can keep up with them.

But he's also been stabbed, no? Val could pierce, as well as strike. Say, puncture his larynx or skull.

Or, opt for a strangle hold. Can Shaws strength surpass Superboy?

pym-ftw
Who stabbed Shaw? That sounds really dumb...

Golgo13
Even Zero Hour Val was taking hits from a rogue Daxamite. I doubt Shaw will do anything here.

cdtm
Who stabbed Shaw? That sounds really dumb...
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/974534/X-Men_-_Legacy_218_011.jpg.html

pym-ftw
Whats the scan supposed to show, Shaw didnt seem damaged. The second scan said it had been removed

maxivitopowe
It just looks like he ripped the back of that shirt

cdtm
Whats the scan supposed to show, Shaw didnt seem damaged. The second scan said it had been removed

Blood.

Left on his hand from touching the wound, and some on the floor.

Otherwise didn't seem bothered, but he was bleeding.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by maxivitopowe

cdtm
Next page showed it. The one that's not working.

The scan was pulled from a Wolverine vs Shaw thread here on KMC, where old posters talk in detail about the blood (which pooled on the floor) and whether it really meant much.

riv6672
Thanks for all the info guys!

Delta1938
Actually it does look like Shaw was cut there. 4th panel you see on the right side, he's got blood on his left hand. Seems like he has it on his right hand that's holding where Wolvie struck too. Note the red on the hands compared to the purple of his shirt, but yeah, if you weren't told and just saw that scan I can see missing it.

And classic Karate Kid sliced off Equus'(a fairly durable Superman villain) with a knife hand strike(not actual strike with a knife, better known as "karate chop"wink during COUNTDOWN. So, I guess cdtm's scenario could happen.

riv6672
I like how you explain what a knife hand chop is.
You just stopped about 12 posts arguing over the OP not specifying weapons/weapons not being part of KK's usual gear.

Delta1938
I like how you explain what a knife hand chop is.
You just stopped about 12 posts arguing over the OP not specifying weapons/weapons not being part of KK's usual gear.

http://www.troll.me/images/futurama-fry/not-sure-if-serious-or-sarcastic.jpg

riv6672
Oh i'm serious.
This is a comic vs board. People, including me, will argue with a stop sign. stick out tongue

Delta1938
Oh i'm serious.
This is a comic vs board. People, including me, will argue with a stop sign. stick out tongue

Well then, good day to you.

http://gdb.rferl.org/70875591-AAE9-4DFC-8ABA-FB1C144CAB98_mw800_s.jpg

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by maxivitopowe

http://i.imgur.com/qc6ej.jpg

riv6672
Thats pretty obviously blood.
It'd take a pretty big clothes horse to be staring at a scrap of cloth like that.

cdtm

Shaw has limits. Val can hit hard and fast enough to reach them, before he drops.

Shaw isn't hitting Val.

Delta1938
Originally posted by cdtm
Shaw has limits. Val can hit hard and fast enough to reach them, before he drops.

Shaw isn't hitting Val.

Not sure what you mean by "limits." And just going by how you wrote it, what I know of Shaw I don't think that would turn-out well. If he were to do something more like the attack he did to cut off Equus' arm in a vulnerable area I could see that.

But then, being classic(meaning includes Pre-CRISIS appearances) Karate Kid, in a comic I could totally see a writer coming up with some shit like Val's technique is done in such a way that the damage done is immense yet the actual amount of kinetic energy is no greater than a high level power blow from a strong but still normal human, so somehow the damage exceeds the boost from kinetic energy Shaw would receive, having him knocked-out or otherwise incapacitated. 'Cuz.....

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Alternates/Comics.jpg

cdtm
Val's a ringer. He's called human, but performs like a herald, basically. He's even held PC Superboy in a muscle lock, and broken out of Inertron shackles (Think secondary adamantium), feats of pure strength that somehow get chalked up to technique.

Shaws been overloaded, is what I mean by him having limits. He absorbs energy, but it's not a limitless threshhold.

If this was Superman, or Hulk, would Shaw tank their punches?

Delta1938
Originally posted by cdtm
Val's a ringer. He's called human, but performs like a herald, basically. He's even held PC Superboy in a muscle lock, and broken out of Inertron shackles (Think secondary adamantium), feats of pure strength that somehow get chalked up to technique.

Shaws been overloaded, is what I mean by him having limits. He absorbs energy, but it's not a limitless threshhold.

If this was Superman, or Hulk, would Shaw tank their punches?

I know Karate Kid performs like a Top-Tier despite not actually having any powers. But I've had more exposure to him from the Post-ZERO HOUR incarnation of the LSH where he was toned down(but still did shit that was superhuman despite he wasn't superhuman), so I tend to think of that version when I think of Karate Kid.

And I dunno, I've seen little of Shaw.

riv6672
A ringer? Val??? angel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.