World War Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111112793/3148380-angry+thor.jpg

Every combatant and scenario in WORLD WAR HULK remains the same with one exception

Thor takes Banner's place in all the battles.

How does the Odinson fare?

carver9
Already been done. The Adamantium bullets kills him.

Prof. T.C McAbe
B&T Thor, would do even better than WWH

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by carver9

Why?

1) You're assuming Thor would have to tank them like the Hulk. He doesn't, he has far more options.

2) If we're going with a high end portrayal of Thor, it's entirely possible for him to tank that shit or endure the damage.

It's like you think only Hulk has high end portrayals or showings.

TheLurkingFear
If he's in the same determined mind set, he definitely clears.

TheLurkingFear
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Why?

1) You're assuming Thor would have to tank them like the Hulk. He doesn't, he has far more options.

2) If we're going with a high end portrayal of Thor, it's entirely possible for him to tank that shit or endure the damage.

Now a days he'd tank the shit out of adamantium bullets IMO. Gorr was stabbing him full of holes like a piece of Swiss cheese, and that didn't slow him in the slightest.

carver9
Why?

You'd have to provide Thor can tank adamantium to the skull.

golem370
Thor use all of his powers or melee only.

pym-ftw
You'd have to provide Thor can tank adamantium to the skull. technically first you would have to prove adamanium bullets hit harder than standard bullets. Current Thor is bullet proof.

Not to mention he could just use any bit of his versatility to not have to directly have to tank them...

dial J for Josh

Come on Carver you know better than this. Thor can withstand bullets and I am very confident that he can withstand adamantium bullets as well. You know Thor doesnt have to replicate everything hulk did exactly... He has other means of doing so, that is the benefit of being more versatile. He has this thing called Mjolnir which he can twirl around to deflect bullets as well as flight to dodge them which he could do so at light speed. Not to mention he has asgardian armor for extra protection if some bullets get through. An eager, focused and aggressive Thor at his highest would do well if he switched places with WWH.

abhilegend
Someone post that bullet knocking him out from Black Panther. Thor gets KOED by normal bullets, how is he tanking an adamantium bullet?

mmm

Rage.Of.Olympus
Or better yet:
http://s18.postimg.org/onllqj1dx/Thor_God_of_Thunder_021_010.jpg http://s18.postimg.org/59krqu9xh/Thor_God_of_Thunder_021_011.jpg http://s18.postimg.org/ajpqi4u6d/Thor_God_of_Thunder_021_012.jpg http://s18.postimg.org/44qplgngl/Thor_God_of_Thunder_021_013.jpg

But I like how in one thread, Orion raping Darkseid is not a normal showing but in this one, a bullet knocking out Thor is. mhmm

His piercing resistance, at least in his own comic, has been very impressive for a long time now. Way beyond bullet level. Not that the random vulnerability to artillery ever made sense. The Destroyer's knuckles are spiked for Odin's sake.

Stoic
Let's see

Thor vs Black Bolt clone = Thor wins

Thor vs The X-Men = If Thor is phased into the ground he could have a problem, Juggernaut may give him a problem, not sure how well he would do against Xavier, and Emma assaulting his mind. The rest of the X-Men he would surely be able to take.

Thor vs Iron Man = Thor wins, but it's not a cakewalk

Thor vs Zom/Strange = ?

Thor vs Sentry = ?

The adamantium bullets as portrayed in the comic would penetrate his skin if they ever hit him (The Hulk is bullet proof as well), but they wouldn't touch him because he has Mjolnir to shield himself. Don't believe that Hulk is bullet proof? There were many times in the past that they bounced off of him, not only that, but he's been shot by missiles to no effect. Those bullets were meant to be something special, even though it made no sense that they actually pierced the Hulk.

Stoic
Or better yet:
http://s18.postimg.org/onllqj1dx/Thor_God_of_Thunder_021_010.jpg http://s18.postimg.org/59krqu9xh/Thor_God_of_Thunder_021_011.jpg http://s18.postimg.org/ajpqi4u6d/Thor_God_of_Thunder_021_012.jpg http://s18.postimg.org/44qplgngl/Thor_God_of_Thunder_021_013.jpg

But I like how in one thread, Orion raping Darkseid is not a normal showing but in this one, a bullet knocking out Thor is. mhmm

His piercing resistance, at least in his own comic, has been very impressive for a long time now. Way beyond bullet level. Not that the random vulnerability to artillery ever made sense. The Destroyer's knuckles are spiked for Odin's sake.

Yes I think that it would depend on the artists rendition here. Romita made the Hulk bleed more than a dozen artists of the past, so if Thor is under the same artist as the Hulk, he may have been treated the same.

abhilegend
Oh, I didn't know a later showing invalidates a previous showing. But I could show Thor blocking bullets more times than tanking bullets as recently as Rucka's punisher series.

Thor taking a bullet means he can take an adamantium spike now? When everything from a spear to Minotaur's horn has skewred him in that series?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Honestly, Thor has survived worse than a bullet to the head. He doesn't need to be invulnerable to it, he would just take it and keep on fighting.

Stoic
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Honestly, Thor has survived worse than a bullet to the head. He doesn't need to be invulnerable to it, he would just take it and keep on fighting.

I think that they regarded those bullets in the same light as they do with Wolverines claws though. This is why they were able to penetrate the Hulk's skin where other bullets were unable to. All the same, they would have to hit Thor, and like I said he has the hammer to deflect them.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Stoic
I think that they regarded those bullets in the same light as they do with Wolverines claws though. This is why they were able to penetrate the Hulk's skin where other bullets were unable to. All the same, they would have to hit Thor, and like I said he has the hammer to deflect them.

thumb up yeah he doesn't need to tank them.

abhilegend
Or better yet Xavier commands him to go to sleep and Thor goes down.

thumb up

The adamantium bullet barrage would certainly kill him though. A bullet through his eye? Ouch.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Oh, I didn't know a later showing invalidates a previous showing. But I could show Thor blocking bullets more times than tanking bullets as recently as Rucka's punisher series.

Thor taking a bullet means he can take an adamantium spike now? When everything from a spear to Minotaur's horn has skewred him in that series?

It doesn't but how does that change my initial point? You note the one time Thor is taken out by one vs. the times he isn't.

Blocking bullets =/= Vulnerable to bullets btw.

Who said that? Something like taking hits from the Destroyer, blasts that can slice Mjolnir, the flaming demons sword, tanking attacks from the Disir etc. does however.

That doesn't even make sense. Is this Adamantium bullet being driven in by Gorr or a Hulk level being?

Rao Kal El
The writer had hulks healing factor to justify or explain how hulk will survive getting his skin pierced by ad bullets, this being the case Thor does not have the same luxury, so I think it will stop at the adamantium barrage.

Unless the writer decides to have thor fighting the sentry with his body all blodied and looking like swiss cheese.

I just can't picture it.

This is talking in the sense that the story goes the exact same way for both characters.

This kind of makes me wonder who has better piercing durability, the hulk or thor?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

The explanation for that scene never made sense.

Priest and Busiek are idiots.

abhilegend
Oh the butthurt about that scene never ceases to amuse me.

laughing out loud

Blame stan lee.

abhilegend
It doesn't but how does that change my initial point? You note the one time Thor is taken out by one vs. the times he isn't.

Blocking bullets =/= Vulnerable to bullets btw.

Who said that? Something like taking hits from the Destroyer, blasts that can slice Mjolnir, the flaming demons sword, tanking attacks from the Disir etc. does however.

That doesn't even make sense. Is this Adamantium bullet being driven in by Gorr or a Hulk level being?
How many times Thor has been endangered by bullets? A dozen?

Why block bullets then? He has been pierced by bullets and he blocks them.

That's like taking whatever damage Wonder Woman has taken and saying she is bulletproof. Comics rarely work like that. Even under Roy Thomas who writes the most durable Thor period, bullets left welts on his skin.

If it pierces Hulk's skin, its piercing Thor's skin. No two ways about it.

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
It just made no sense. I've seen him literally argue that comics where Thor withstands bullets are wrong or whatever.

Stan Lee wanted Thor to be vulnerable on Earth or whatever to have some sense of connection (Not sure about the exact quote).

And it was the early 60's. Thor strapping a Nuke to his chest for fun and dodging bullets the next issue was whatever then. And soon everything from weird Kirby guns to Asgardian swords broke off of him.

abhilegend
It just made no sense. I've seen him literally argue that comics where Thor withstands bullets are wrong or whatever.

Stan Lee wanted Thor to be vulnerable on Earth or whatever to have some sense of connection (Not sure about the exact quote).

And it was the early 60's. Thor strapping a Nuke to his chest for fun and dodging bullets the next issue was whatever then. And soon everything from weird Kirby guns to Asgardian swords broke off of him.
Its still canon. So is this.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/blackpanther08p11cl0.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/blackpanther08p12ig1.jpg

If anything today his piercing resistance is complete shit. Heck, normal spears can run him through. He has great stamina about piercing attacks though.

Stoic
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
The writer had hulks healing factor to justify or explain how hulk will survive getting his skin pierced by ad bullets, this being the case Thor does not have the same luxury, so I think it will stop at the adamantium barrage.

Unless the writer decides to have thor fighting the sentry with his body all blodied and looking like swiss cheese.

I just can't picture it.

This is talking in the sense that the story goes the exact same way for both characters.

This kind of makes me wonder who has better piercing durability, the hulk or thor?

Thor probably has better piercing resistance initially, but as the Hulk grows in strength, his durability increases. Don't know how much he would have to increase his level of strength before his resistance surpasses that of Thor.

abhilegend
No, hulk has flat out better piercing resistance than Thor.

celeyhyga17
Oh the butthurt about that scene never ceases to amuse me.

laughing out loud

Blame stan lee.
Seriously you gotta let go of that hate man... Your attempt to put down Thor at every chance is pitiable. sad

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Seriously you gotta let go of that hate man... Your attempt to put down Thor at every chance is pitiable. sad
Wut? I don't hate thor although Rage has done everything he can to make everyone hate thor.

zopzop
I agree with Carver here. IF Thor is stupid enough to get caught in that adamantium bullet storm, he's done for.

Failing that, Juggernaut distracts him while Prof X. says "SLEEP" and it's all over.

celeyhyga17
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsInfinityWatch04.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsInfinityWatch05.jpg

Raisen
Someone post that bullet knocking him out from Black Panther. Thor gets KOED by normal bullets, how is he tanking an adamantium bullet?

mmm

more than once standard projectiles have given thor problems, correct?
rabid fans will tear us apart for using this panel evidence tho

Raisen
what will thor do about the spikes? he doesn't have the HF of Hulk either

pym-ftw
Fly...

abhilegend
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsInfinityWatch04.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsInfinityWatch05.jpg
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12930030/New_Avengers-Zone-_016.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12930031/New_Avengers-Zone-_018.jpg.html

Charles>>>puny god>>>puny moony.

Bentley
Well, at least Thor kills Sentry, since we know he can.

Raisen
Originally posted by Bentley

bob wasn't wanting to die in WWH.

is that^ a can of worms that just opened?

pym-ftw
Bob also wasnt even close to as powerful as Void.

Raisen
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Bob also wasnt even close to as powerful as Void.

you got that. just don't think it's impressive. bob wanted to die, more powerful or not. he was restraining himself the best he could
there is a reason he was shown begging to die. it wasn't said for nothing

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by Stoic
Let's see

Thor vs Black Bolt clone = Thor wins

Thor vs The X-Men = If Thor is phased into the ground he could have a problem, Juggernaut may give him a problem, not sure how well he would do against Xavier, and Emma assaulting his mind. The rest of the X-Men he would surely be able to take.

Thor vs Iron Man = Thor wins, but it's not a cakewalk

Thor vs Zom/Strange = ?

Thor vs Sentry = ?

The adamantium bullets as portrayed in the comic would penetrate his skin if they ever hit him (The Hulk is bullet proof as well), but they wouldn't touch him because he has Mjolnir to shield himself. Don't believe that Hulk is bullet proof? There were many times in the past that they bounced off of him, not only that, but he's been shot by missiles to no effect. Those bullets were meant to be something special, even though it made no sense that they actually pierced the Hulk. Originally posted by abhilegend

thumb up

The adamantium bullet barrage would certainly kill him though. A bullet through his eye? Ouch.

On the psychic's

Amped Emma had trouble getting Thor's mind to heel

abhilegend
Xavier had no problem at all.

Zack Fair
I think Thor can definitely pull it off. IMO the bullets are inconsequential. He has various ways to deal with them. Emma? I think he will have a blast rocking her world GIMP style after the way she femdomed him in the Phoenix 5 saga. Xavier is problematic though.

To hell with it. In the end it all depends on the writer(same as it did for Hulk) and I can see a writer having Thor beat/tank/mjolnir his way out of everything the same way Hulk did.

Only real what if is Bob with his "LOLNO won't die" power, but thats Void? Meh.

To hell with this.

Edit Thor would own the shit out of Tony.

DarkSaint85
Thor clears.

golem370
Is this melee Thor or can he use all of his powers?

DarkSaint85
All of his powers, I assume.

And for this thread, am assuming he also has the benefit of Hulk's plot armor from WWH.

golem370
I think that not sticking to the WWH plot because Hulk did it with strength healing and rage if Thor is stuck to that limit Hercules or Juggs could beat him.

Zack Fair
Agreed.

I guess it depends on the OP. If we try and put Thor in Hulk's exact shoes/strengths then he will most likely lose because that is not his main gig/power/whatever. However if we assume this is a pissed off Thor out to get revenge on the world...then I'd think he would use the most out of his own abilities/skills/strengths IE: Mjolnir/versatility.

Insane Titan
Does Thor get the same pis/cis Hulk did, if so he clears

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by golem370
I think that not sticking to the WWH plot because Hulk did it with strength healing and rage if Thor is stuck to that limit Hercules or Juggs could beat him.

Hercules didn't fight Hulk - he sat there and let him beat him because he sympathised with WWH and wanted to show he was his friend.

So yeah, absolutely worst example you could've picked, lol.

In WWT, Hercules will let Thor beat the snot out of him.

As for Juggynaut, why can't Thor push him into the lake same as WWH? All he did was redirect his momentum.

golem370
I doubt Thor could hold him that long I think Juggernaut would have walked threw Thor

DarkSaint85
Lol.

Stoic
I doubt Thor could hold him that long I think Juggernaut would have walked threw Thor

Not just that, but do you recall wha the Hulk said to Colossus? He told him that there probably was a time that he could give him a challenge, but those days were behind him, and that he was much more than he was before, or some such. The Hulk was clearly far more powerful than he used to be. Shit even as War, Cain was able to plow him through a stretch of desert. During WW Hulk, he could barely push him 5 inches. This is another indicator that he had grown much more powerful. Wolverine even stated that he had increased in durability having a tougher time cutting him with razor sharp near unbreakable claws that slice steel like butter. bending Peter's arms while smiling. And then the beast realizing what they were up against before any of it began.

How would Thor have taken a hit from Guido if he were to have been hit with his own strength without a healing factor as great as the Hulks? These are all things that he would have to overcome.

DarkSaint85
Wait, so we are turning off all of Thor's powers save his strength/durability?

Epicurus
Originally posted by Bentley
Based on Remender's writing, Thor never killed Sentry. erm

golem370
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wait, so we are turning off all of Thor's powers save his strength/durability?

Thats a question for the thread starter.

LeonBuco666

Cant tell if being sarcastic or being sarcastic....

carver9
Thor fights in character here. Also, how in the world is Thor fighting Sentry or even getting close to him. People forgot that tornado of fire huh? The fire that only Hulk could withstand? Thor isn't Replicating Hulk ft of combating him the way Hulk did and again, in this scenario, Thor is fighting in character.

DarkSaint85

Lol if its not specified, why nerf?

Otherwise, I shall ruse All Black the All Father, Old King Thor with the Necro Blade lol.

Bentley
Originally posted by Raisen
you got that. just don't think it's impressive. bob wanted to die, more powerful or not. he was restraining himself the best he could
there is a reason he was shown begging to die. it wasn't said for nothing

Yet when he reappeared as Death Sentry he flatly told Thor that he killed him and that originally it wasn't any favor. Thor murdered Sentry and he can plow through every other opposing force here.

DarkSaint85
Thor fights in character here. Also, how in the world is Thor fighting Sentry or even getting close to him. People forgot that tornado of fire huh? The fire that only Hulk could withstand? Thor isn't Replicating Hulk ft of combating him the way Hulk did and again, in this scenario, Thor is fighting in character.

True.

Wouldn't WWT be essentially Warrior Madness Thor?

carver9
True.

Wouldn't WWT be essentially Warrior Madness Thor?

Don't know. The OP said Thor, not WW Thor (whatever that is). I just want to know how Thor is fighting Sentry in a tornado full of fire that only Hulk could withstand (due to his healing factor) while withstanding High Herald punches and more blasts at the same time/consistently? Aint happening.

eaebiakuya
Determined Thor have a better TP resistance. He alredy tanked TP assaults from PF5 Emma, Moondragon and The Other (cosmic entitie).

Xavier can defeat Savage Hulk with TP but WWH was harder because his mindset.

DarkSaint85
The thread title says World War Thor.

What is his motivation for fighting? If it is roughly the same (the Illuminati have killed someone close to him etc, and he is looking for payback), then yeah, Marvel Earth is doomed.

Btw, Thor has tanked heat hotter than the Sun, you know that right?

carver9
The thread title says World War Thor.

What is his motivation for fighting? If it is roughly the same (the Illuminati have killed someone close to him etc, and he is looking for payback), then yeah, Marvel Earth is doomed.

Btw, Thor has tanked heat hotter than the Sun, you know that right?

I understand what the thread say but this is Thor taking WWH place.

How is Marvel Earth Doomed when Thor has been telepathically raped before and adamantium bullets will kill him?

Thor arm also got melted to the bone recently by an unknown heat source. Namor also withstood human torch going Nova and I know for a FACT he isn't withstanding/tanking Sentry's flames.

Insane Titan
Speaking of facts WWH only survived the adamtium due to the Warbound shielding him.

DarkSaint85
I understand what the thread say but this is Thor taking WWH place.

How is Marvel Earth Doomed when Thor has been telepathically raped before and adamantium bullets will kill him?

Thor arm also got melted to the bone recently by an unknown heat source. Namor also withstood human torch going Nova and I know for a FACT he isn't withstanding/tanking Sentry's flames.

Because if Thor wants revenge on petty mortals who have dared to **** his family over.....yeah.

Global lightning storms all over the place. We have seen that in chracter, Thor does this (as seen in Thor: God of Thunder) when he's pissed off at Roxxon for messing with his home. Result? Global, localised, lightning storms which utterly destroy Roxxon facilities.

So it is within his character, and within his power. He doesn't even need to be present. So adamantium bullets? Good luck when he's in space calling them down/somewhere else in the world.

carver9
Because if Thor wants revenge on petty mortals who have dared to **** his family over.....yeah.

Global lightning storms all over the place. We have seen that in chracter, Thor does this (as seen in Thor: God of Thunder) when he's pissed off at Roxxon for messing with his home. Result? Global, localised, lightning storms which utterly destroy Roxxon facilities.

So it is within his character, and within his power. He doesn't even need to be present. So adamantium bullets? Good luck when he's in space calling them down/somewhere else in the world.

If Thor is fighting anything like WWH, then he is holding back, not trying to kill anyone and with Thor not having Hulks healing factor, he can not afford to have the same mindset as Hulk. Even though Hulk was trying to make him pay, not a single person got killed or hurt to the point of cripple. With that said, that throws your scenario out of the window.

He isn't calling down lightning on humans, just like Hulk didn't physically hurt any of them so with that said, the adamantium spikes kills him. Also, lol at comparing bullets from AK machine guns and pistols to the guns that was built for Hulk..built to add more kick. Yeah right.

DarkSaint85
If Thor is fighting anything like WWH, then he is holding back, not trying to kill anyone and with Thor not having Hulks healing factor, he can not afford to have the same mindset as Hulk. Even though Hulk was trying to make him pay, not a single person got killed or hurt to the point of cripple. With that said, that throws your scenario out of the window.

He isn't calling down lightning on humans, just like Hulk didn't physically hurt any of them so with that said, the adamantium spikes kills him. Also, lol at comparing bullets from AK machine guns and pistols to the guns that was built for Hulk..built to add more kick. Yeah right.

Yeah, right, indeed. Read my posts again (this seems to be constant refrain from me. Maybe you read my posts too quickly to understand?)

How many did Thor kill/cripple when he called global lightning strikes around the world? What's that? Zero? Yeah, I thought so too. So he obviously can, and he has, used it, to attack his enemies around the world, without physically being present (which was my point). I don't know where you got that I was equating AK machine guns and pistols to the gear Ross had, but whateves.

celeyhyga17
Don't know. The OP said Thor, not WW Thor (whatever that is). I just want to know how Thor is fighting Sentry in a tornado full of fire that only Hulk could withstand (due to his healing factor) while withstanding High Herald punches and more blasts at the same time/consistently? Aint happening.
Don't be silly.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3804/11995872375_dd1a404d0c_b.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2813/11996675676_759202ede4_b.jpg

DarkSaint85
Sentry has a million of those suns, doe. All exploding.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn
1. Thor is using all the powers at his disposal.

2. Thor is just as ruthless as Banner in the arc and as his canon has portrayed him.

DarkSaint85
Does he have to do everything as Hulk did it?

So for example, the adamantium bullet in the eye thing. Hulk got that close to Ross because he obviously lacks a long range option, and in character prefers to punch things.

Thor, on the other hand, would have stayed on the ground, and thrown Mjolnir, rather than getting up close and personal.

Or, as we saw with Roxxon, stayed somewhere else and simultaneously attacked the Illuminati.

So would WWT fly in close to the chopper, and get a bullet in his eye?

carver9

Lol...so Sentry power output will not hurt him? So I can use Hulk being sprayed/hit (same Hulk) with a beam hotter than the Sun and...

Wait, what does that have to do with anything? Who even said Sentry power/energy is the same as the sun? WTF man. Sentry blasts will hurt Thor and anything close to what he was dishing out in WWH would do some serious damage, if not drop him.

That's like me posting that ft and disregarding all of his other showings of him being damaged by far less. Majority of this post was for you Cele.

carver9
Does he have to do everything as Hulk did it?

So for example, the adamantium bullet in the eye thing. Hulk got that close to Ross because he obviously lacks a long range option, and in character prefers to punch things.

Thor, on the other hand, would have stayed on the ground, and thrown Mjolnir, rather than getting up close and personal.

Or, as we saw with Roxxon, stayed somewhere else and simultaneously attacked the Illuminati.

So would WWT fly in close to the chopper, and get a bullet in his eye?

Hulk doesn't lack long range though. Thunder clap and the barrage of bullets would destroy Thor. Remember, it was a sneak attack.

zopzop
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12930030/New_Avengers-Zone-_016.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12930031/New_Avengers-Zone-_018.jpg.html

Charles>>>puny god>>>puny moony.
Yup. Early Moondragon was beastly (because of the Dragon of the Moon connection) but later versions are a joke.

Prof X >>> Moondragon.

carver9
He was struck from behind. This would ruin Thor.

http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/AA-WWH03-007-08.jpg.html

Remember, Thor is in the same position as the Hulk. As shown per the scan, this wasn't shot from a normal gun. Then it was a sneak attack. Thor literally dies.

DarkSaint85
Hulk doesn't lack long range though. Thunder clap and the barrage of bullets would destroy Thor. Remember, it was a sneak attack.

Hence why I added, 'in character'.

DarkSaint85

Remember, Thor is in the same position as the Hulk. As shown per the scan, this wasn't shot from a normal gun. Then it was a sneak attack. Thor literally dies.

Will await LoB's clarification first.

carver9
Not only that. He also got mind attacked by Strange during that scene as shown here.

http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/AA-WWH03-010.jpg.html

A prepped Strange. So Hulk was literally just standing there taking bullets. Lol...He isn't passing this, at all.

carver9
Will await LoB's clarification first.

So he can handle a barrage of adamantium bullets and Strange Astral form mind raping him at the same time. Yeah right. Hulk got snuck attacked which means Thor will get snuck attacked as well. Game ova my friend.

DarkSaint85
So he can handle a barrage of adamantium bullets and Strange Astral form mind raping him at the same time. Yeah right. Hulk got snuck attacked which means Thor will get snuck attacked as well. Game ova my friend.

You just hurt over golem's clarification, and LoB's clarification in this thead about all powahs on lol.

Keep showing how much Hulk stomps, lol. Because LoB will read it, and let Thor do what he wants evil face

carver9
Here is Hulk fighting Strange in his mind while getting barrage by Adamantium bullets.

http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/AA-WWH03-014.jpg.html

carver9
You just hurt over golem's clarification, and LoB's clarification in this thead about all powahs on lol.

Keep showing how much Hulk stomps, lol. Because LoB will read it, and let Thor do what he wants evil face

Lol...then that means this isn't WWT since they are modifying it to fit their needs.

DarkSaint85
Lol that's because you ignore character, and focus on powersets only.

Do you think Thor will fight like WWH?

dial J for Josh

I see Carver completely ignored my post on the first page.

carver9
Lol that's because you ignore character, and focus on powersets only.

Do you think Thor will fight like WWH?

No but I do think he would fight in character. If he goes berserk, that even worse since he went Berserk in blood and Thunder and went melee 95% of the time and went berserk against Maestro and did the same thing.

If he is in Hulk shoes, he will not see the first set of bullets. Right after being hit with the first set, Strange attacked his mind instantly (as soon as there was an opening) and left Hulks body vulnerable. The first set of bullets would kill Thor, the rest will most def take him out.

carver9
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Come on Carver you know better than this. Thor can withstand bullets and I am very confident that he can withstand adamantium bullets as well. You know Thor doesnt have to replicate everything hulk did exactly... He has other means of doing so, that is the benefit of being more versatile. He has this thing called Mjolnir which he can twirl around to deflect bullets as well as flight to dodge them which he could do so at light speed. Not to mention he has asgardian armor for extra protection if some bullets get through. An eager, focused and aggressive Thor at his highest would do well if he switched places with WWH.

Adamantium bullets from guns that is designed to take out the Hulk? He isn't tanking that. I posted scans of this.

If he is in Hulk place, wouldn't he also not see the army coming since he is talking to the War Bound? Are they not included in this because if nit, the Avengers stops Thor.

TheLurkingFear
Why the Hell would the bullets kill Thor? If you've followed him at all over the last two years this conclusion would be laughable. Sure, the bullets would most likely peirce his skin, but it's not going to matter. He's had his liver turned to broken glass, stabbed dozens of times with black maggots eating him from the inside out, and had Jarnbjorn buried into his chest. And now for some reason getting shot is going to kill Thor?

Thor would run through that shit like it's his job.

Seriously, phuck off.

celeyhyga17
Adamantium bullets from guns that is designed to take out the Hulk? He isn't tanking that. I posted scans of this.

If he is in Hulk place, wouldn't he also not see the army coming since he is talking to the War Bound? Are they not included in this because if nit, the Avengers stops Thor.
Get the phukk outta here. I'd rather get shot with puny adamantium bullets than get repeatedly stabbed and eaten from the insides by the phukking Annihiblade. The god of thunder walks through that shiet like a phukking boss.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5496/11995874365_d8e5b4b6df_b.jpg

Go ahead and impale him with it too. He don't give a phukk.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2864/11996228954_585eec1da4_b.jpg
Originally posted by TheLurkingFear
Why the Hell would the bullets kill Thor? If you've followed him at all over the last two years this conclusion would be laughable. Sure, the bullets would most likely peirce his skin, but it's not going to matter. He's had his liver turned to broken glass, stabbed dozens of times with black maggots eating him from the inside out, and had Jarnbjorn buried into his chest. And now for some reason getting shot is going to kill Thor?

Seriously, phuck off.
thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by TheLurkingFear

Seriously, phuck off.

Getting shot?

Are you crazy or something? Look at this.

This isn't a single bullet, he is getting shot by high caliber weapons in the back of the head, back, legs, etc, with adamantium bullets. Let's put it like this, Phoenix Emma did THIS, and it dropped him.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/zoneempire019_zps17d60ff0.jpg.html

To the point that this happened...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/zoneempire020_zps2fcb1fb8.jpg.html

The first set will take him out...the second set is the killing blow (if he isn't already dead). I understand you like Thor and dislike the Hulk, lol, but you don't have anything to fall back on. Nothing. Also, Strange was mind raping Hulk as well which leaves Thor ripped up to shreds body, even more vulnerable.

DarkSaint85
I've PM'ed LoB, just to get clarification thumb up

carver9
Get the phukk outta here. I'd rather get shot with puny adamantium bullets than get repeatedly stabbed and eaten from the insides by the phukking Annihiblade. The god of thunder walks through that shiet like a phukking boss.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5496/11995874365_d8e5b4b6df_b.jpg

Go ahead and impale him with it too. He don't give a phukk.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2864/11996228954_585eec1da4_b.jpg

thumb up

I see that you are focusing on some of Thors best? Gotcha. Like I've stated before, proof has been posted, don't know what else you need. He isn't tanking head shots, internal shots, etc, and still be ok. Sorry, it a in happening. By the way, what showings of Thor does he have that proves he can tank adamantium bullets let alone withstand a barrage of them. Everything you've shown, he was damaged. What showing does he have that proves he can survive those bullets to the brain?

celeyhyga17
I see that you are focusing on some of Thors best? Gotcha.
And you're not? Gotcha.

dial J for Josh
I see that you are focusing on some of Thors best? Gotcha. Like I've stated before, proof has been posted, don't know what else you need. He isn't tanking head shots, internal shots, etc, and still be ok. Sorry, it a in happening. By the way, what showings of Thor does he have that proves he can tank adamantium bullets let alone withstand a barrage of them. Everything you've shown, he was damaged. What showing does he have that proves he can survive those bullets to the brain?

... Carver why would he not focus on his highend durability feats? You asked to state which feats suggest that he can withstand the military onslaught. Proof was provided and now you are saying we shouldn't only look at that. Please make your mind up. Lets give Thor his full body asgardian armor on top of his great durability. The bullets will have to strip apart his armor first. Then once it reaches his skin we don't even know if it will fully pierce him. Worst case senario if it does pierce him we see how Thor responds to being impaled... I'm mean he was only impaled by a skyfather killer which not only impaled him but also affected him in a way where gorrs blade was damaging/eating him up from the inside through its unique properties. Yet he still endured... But yeah you don't want us to focus on that.

golem370
IMO Melee Thor loses

carver9
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
... Carver why would he not focus on his highend durability feats? You asked to state which feats suggest that he can withstand the military onslaught. Proof was provided and now you are saying we shouldn't only look at that. Please make your mind up. Lets give Thor his full body asgardian armor on top of his great durability. The bullets will have to strip apart his armor first. Then once it reaches his skin we don't even know if it will fully pierce him. Worst case senario if it does pierce him we see how Thor responds to being impaled... I'm mean he was only impaled by a skyfather killer which not only impaled him but also affected him in a way where gorrs blade was damaging/eating him up from the inside through its unique properties. Yet he still endured... But yeah you don't want us to focus on that.

Even if we focus on the high end, Thor is still being stabbed through, but the comparison between both showings is different. I need some concrete proof that Thor can live through numerous of adamantium spikes to the brain.

DarkSaint85
IMO Melee Thor loses

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
1. Thor is using all the powers at his disposal.

2. Thor is just as ruthless as Banner in the arc and as his canon has portrayed him.

carver9
And you're not? Gotcha.

Everything about WWH was high end.

golem370
Carver didn't you say WWH herld back during the arch if so it wasn't high end. Thor would been owned by the team of Avengers that Savage Hulk held if he try to fist fight them.

carver9
Carver didn't you say WWH herld back during the arch if so it wasn't high end. Thor would been owned by the team of Avengers that Savage Hulk held if he try to fist fight them.

He was holding back which makes his fts even more interesting. You can hold back and still have high ends.

TedKordJRBOSS
Thor wins

celeyhyga17
Even if we focus on the high end, Thor is still being stabbed through, but the comparison between both showings is different. I need some concrete proof that Thor can live through numerous of adamantium spikes to the brain.
And still you're assuming that he would have to tank the same thing. He has way too many options. He can easily blow them all away with weather manip, he can obliterate them with multiple lightning shots, or he can destroy them all with one guided hammer throw. He has too many options. Simple really...

carver9
And still you're assuming that he would have to tank the same thing. He has way too many options. He can easily blow them all away with weather manip, he can obliterate them with multiple lightning shots, or he can destroy them all with one guided hammer throw. He has too many options. Simple really...

Same scenario as WWH, Correct? Blowing planes out the sky would kill them. Hulk didn't kill which means in this scenario, Thor will not kill. They will be able to get off their 'sneak attack' shot (remember, Thor is in every situation Hulk was in) which would more than likely kill him. This is simple.

pym-ftw
Why? Thor seems far more likely to kill them than just about any hero.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I see that you are focusing on some of Thors best? Gotcha

Do you think that if say, Aaron, was to write a story about the Illuminati killing his family and he returned angrier then ever to beat up all of Earth's heroes, we'd somehow get a weak portrayal of Thor or something?

Sometimes you make no sense.....

I think the point of this thread is to examine if Thor can succeed or not facing the same threats as World War Hulk (Whether he tanks the Adamantium bullets or deflects them with Mjolnir is just details imo.).

The answer is a resounding yes, including taking on the Sentry.

As a matter of fact, he'd be an even worse threat than Hulk.

Like I've stated before, proof has been posted, don't know what else you need. He isn't tanking head shots, internal shots, etc, and still be ok. Sorry, it a in happening. By the way, what showings of Thor does he have that proves he can tank adamantium bullets let alone withstand a barrage of them. Everything you've shown, he was damaged. What showing does he have that proves he can survive those bullets to the brain?

Feats have been posted.

Getting shot?

Are you crazy or something? Look at this.

This isn't a single bullet, he is getting shot by high caliber weapons in the back of the head, back, legs, etc, with adamantium bullets. Let's put it like this, Phoenix Emma did THIS, and it dropped him.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/zoneempire019_zps17d60ff0.jpg.html

To the point that this happened...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/zoneempire020_zps2fcb1fb8.jpg.html

The first set will take him out...the second set is the killing blow (if he isn't already dead). I understand you like Thor and dislike the Hulk, lol, but you don't have anything to fall back on. Nothing. Also, Strange was mind raping Hulk as well which leaves Thor ripped up to shreds body, even more vulnerable.

How can you think that Thor surviving a barrage like that from Phoenix Force Emma, and even taking a brutal physical beating, is evidence that he won't be able to survive the Adamantium bullets?

Compared to that attack, an Adamantium barrage is a refreshing shower. Emma's pieces would fall with far more force/power behind them then mere military equipment.

Thor chronologically appears soon after in the main AvX title IIRC and is completely fine.

AND that's considered a low showing.

Rage.Of.Olympus
How many times Thor has been endangered by bullets? A dozen?

Why block bullets then? He has been pierced by bullets and he blocks them.

That's like taking whatever damage Wonder Woman has taken and saying she is bulletproof. Comics rarely work like that. Even under Roy Thomas who writes the most durable Thor period, bullets left welts on his skin.

If it pierces Hulk's skin, its piercing Thor's skin. No two ways about it.

thumb up

If you mean him blocking bullets, then more. But that doesn't in itself mean what you are suggesting.

He was pierced once. They bounced off other times.

I'm not going to pretend Thor wasn't vulnerable (It never hurt him on panel, but to argue he wasn't would make me a Superman fan) but the idea that he's vulnerable to bullets has been progressively dying off since the early 70's when he withstood artillery shells etc. if not earlier.

If the damage is piercing based, why shouldn't it count? Why does Thor resisting Wolverine's claws or even worse, taking attacks from the Disir or the Destroyer not sufficient evidence. And? Also, the most durable? Why?

Maybe, maybe not. Thor could shrug them off, or he could be hurt and tank it. Neither scenario, is impossible, or even unlikely if we use a high end version of Thor. Or at this point, a regular version of Thor in his own comic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Its still canon. So is this.

If anything today his piercing resistance is complete shit. Heck, normal spears can run him through. He has great stamina about piercing attacks though.

I never doubted their canonicity but you can't seem to recognize Thor's growth in the department of bullet invulnerability.

Modern comics are far more bloody but to say his piercing durability is shit when some of his greatest feats have been accumulated in modern decades is dumb. Even invulnerable characters like Superman/Gladiator are hurt far easier nowadays.

When did a normal spear run him through?

carver9
Do you think that if say, Aaron, was to write a story about the Illuminati killing his family and he returned angrier then ever to beat up all of Earth's heroes, we'd somehow get a weak portrayal of Thor or something?

Sometimes you make no sense.....

I think the point of this thread is to examine if Thor can succeed or not facing the same threats as World War Hulk (Whether he tanks the Adamantium bullets or deflects them with Mjolnir is just details imo.).

The answer is a resounding yes, including taking on the Sentry.

As a matter of fact, he'd be an even worse threat than Hulk.

Feats have been posted.

How can you think that Thor surviving a barrage like that from Phoenix Force Emma, and even taking a brutal physical beating, is evidence that he won't be able to survive the Adamantium bullets?

Compared to that attack, an Adamantium barrage is a refreshing shower. Emma's pieces would fall with far more force/power behind them then mere military equipment.

Thor chronologically appears soon after in the main AvX title IIRC and is completely fine.

AND that's considered a low showing.

Gotcha. So you think Thor is enduring Adamantium bullets while at the same time getting mind attacked by Strange in Astral form? Yeah right. Aron Thor has been pierced on many of occasion and an adamantium spear, many of them would more than likely kill him, especially with him fighting off Strange attacking him. Even though Thor is pierced, we don't ignore what has happened to him.

Lol, Thor isn't withstanding this....

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh018.jpg.html

...While fighting Sentry. Aint happening. Especially for a prolong amount of time. Thor taking a blast or two, yeah, but him swimming in this stuff while taking blasts and punches simultaneously, can't see it.

I showed the Phoenix showing because it proves that if he is pierced like I know he will be pierced from those shrapnel, he is out just like he was out when Emma Diamond parts went through him (not in the head either).

Never said he wouldnt heal from chest wounds. What I asked was, can he heal with adamantium spikes in his brain.

Why is it a low showing when Thor has been stabbed through after that? Even during one of his most powerful showings. I'm trying to understand why you don't think Adamantium would pierce/go straight through him. Adamantium from a prepped military that is aware of who they are fighting. I'm shocked, especially while Strange is mind raping him in Astral form at the same time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gotcha. So you think Thor is enduring Adamantium bullets while at the same time getting mind attacked by Strange in Astral form? Yeah right. Aron Thor has been pierced on many of occasion and an adamantium spear, many of them would more than likely kill him, especially with him fighting off Strange attacking him. Even though Thor is pierced, we don't ignore what has happened to him.

Why does Thor have to be in the exact same position as the Hulk? We for example have evidence suggesting that Strange can't even play on the same level as Thor mentally when the Odinson is enraged.

Stop assuming Thor is the f*cking Hulk and is as limited as he is.

And no, they won't necessarily kill him.

Lol, Thor isn't withstanding this....

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh018.jpg.html

...While fighting Sentry. Aint happening. Especially for a prolong amount of time. Thor taking a blast or two, yeah, but him swimming in this stuff while taking blasts and punches simultaneously, can't see it.

You can't see Thor withstanding a powerful energy barrage?

Have you seen some of the shit Thor's tanked or endured? How could you possibly think that is beyond his capabilities?

Nevermind that he has Mjolnir of all things on him.

I showed the Phoenix showing because it proves that if he is pierced like I know he will be pierced from those shrapnel, he is out just like he was out when Emma Diamond parts went through him (not in the head either).

Never said he would heal from chest wounds. What I asked was, can he heal with adamantium spikes in his brain.

First of all, how does being pierced by a Phoenix empowered Emma mean that Adamantium bullets will cut him? I mean, if you think they will, that's whatever, but how on earth does a fight against such a character support your stance?

Thor was still conscious, and what makes you think none of them struck his brain? That shit literally fell from the sky and rained down across a huge area.

Why is it a low showing when Thor has been stabbed through after that? Even during one of his most powerful showings. I'm trying to understand why you don't think Adamantium would pierce/go straight through him. Adamantium from a prepped military that is aware of who they are fighting. I'm shocked, especially while Strange is mind raping him in Astral form at the same time.

Thor could have put up a better fight and should have deflected those shards imo. Them piercing him in of itself isn't horrible. She was one of the Phoenix Five afterall.

I'm not denying that there is evidence suggesting they can tear him up. Thor's record against bullets isn't spotless. But what you don't seem to understand is that there evidence suggesting he can survive if not straight up tank these attacks.

Which is probably more relevant in a thread about World War Thor. If he was half as wanked as Hulk, he'd eat the bullets and spit them back out.

DarkSaint85
Carver, its not a scene by scene remake, as confirmed by LoB. Thus, Thor clears this as he is way more versatile AND willing to use his versatility.

Admantium bullets? Never happen, as Thor is never in thatbposiiton to be shredded.

You lose.

carver9
Why does Thor have to be in the exact same position as the Hulk? We for example have evidence suggesting that Strange can't even play on the same level as Thor mentally when the Odinson is enraged.

Stop assuming Thor is the f*cking Hulk and is as limited as he is.

And no, they won't necessarily kill him.

You can't see Thor withstanding a powerful energy barrage?

Have you seen some of the shit Thor's tanked or endured? How could you possibly think that is beyond his capabilities?

Nevermind that he has Mjolnir of all things on him.

First of all, how does being pierced by a Phoenix empowered Emma mean that Adamantium bullets will cut him? I mean, if you think they will, that's whatever, but how on earth does a fight against such a character support your stance?

Thor was still conscious, and what makes you think none of them struck his brain? That shit literally fell from the sky and rained down across a huge area.

Thor could have put up a better fight and should have deflected those shards imo. Them piercing him in of itself isn't horrible. She was one of the Phoenix Five afterall.

I'm not denying that there is evidence suggesting they can tear him up. Thor's record against bullets isn't spotless. But what you don't seem to understand is that there evidence suggesting he can survive if not straight up tank these attacks.

Which is probably more relevant in a thread about World War Thor. If he was half as wanked as Hulk, he'd eat the bullets and spit them back out.

Lol...Thor ripping her to shreds proves that the Phoenix wasn't adding anything to her durability. He ripped apart A DIAMOND form and the Phoenix portion assisted in putting her back together. It was Diamond shards that went through him, just like it was Diamond that he shattered with a hit.

Yes, he was conscious but what if Diamond kept raining down on him? Also, they showed his face and it didn't have a hole in it like the rest of his body.

No, I can't see Thor consistently tanking a tornado full of energy while going fist cuff, while also getting blasted in the face by one of the most powerful beings in MU. No, I can't see that. Even during that time Sentry was the most powerful being on the planet, easily, and Thor isn't going to sit there and endure an ongoing assault like that while at the same time, trying to succeed at taking Sentry out, just like Sentry isn't sitting in one spot tanking attacks from Surfer or Thor either. That's retarded to think otherwise.

I've seen some of the things Thor endured just like I've seen some of the things Savage Hulk, Surfer, and Sentry endured but neither is tanking an attack from the other, especially not the kind of attacks Sentry was throwing around simultaneously.

WTF. Show me some scans of Thor even coming close to moving his limbs fast enough to deflect attacks like that from an entire army. This isn't the Flash we are talking about here. Come on rage.

Lol...so Thor can resist a prepped Strange attacking him? You are a trip Rage. I'm about to give up because debating you vs Thor is pointless. I love the character as well but f***, he does have limits.

But you are denying it though. You are literally ignoring Thor being pierced by less than adamantium objects and are literally sitting here telling me that he can probably tank it while slapping bullets out of the air from an entire freaking army. Are you crazy or something? He is getting hit brother.

I agree, if he or any character had Pak with them, then of course they could probably live through what Hulk went through but until then...

carver9
Carver, its not a scene by scene remake, as confirmed by LoB. Thus, Thor clears this as he is way more versatile AND willing to use his versatility.

Admantium bullets? Never happen, as Thor is never in thatbposiiton to be shredded.

You lose.

Lol... so we get to remake the story the way we want? Well, this Isn't WWH story then. He need to retitle it.

LordofBrooklyn
Lol... so we get to remake the story the way we want? Well, this Isn't WWH story then. He need to retitle it.

Respectfully, Carver, your criticism makes absolutely no sense.

As per my original post, Thor faces EVERY combatant and scenario that Banner faced in WORLD WAR HULK.

Your insistance that the Odinson DEAL with every one of these circumstances EXACTLY the way Hulk did is both irrational and illegitimate.

You dismiss the points of World War Hulk that diminishes The Hulk's status in the arc, while simultaneously forcing the worst showings of Thor to augment the others.

If you don't know what I'm talking about look at your debate with Josh over the Sentry vs Hulk battle.

DarkSaint85
He gets to title the thread any old way he wants. If he wants to call it Days of Future Thor, then as OP he can.

Stop adding things that aren't there.

LordofBrooklyn
Carver, take us through WORLD WAR THOR as a scene by scene remake and tell us what happens.

Zack Fair

As per my original post, Thor faces EVERY combatant and scenario that Banner faced in WORLD WAR HULK.

Your insistance that the Odinson DEAL with every one of these circumstances EXACTLY the way Hulk did is both irrational and illegitimate.

You dismiss the points of World War Hulk that diminishes The Hulk's status in the arc, while simultaneously forcing the worst showings of Thor to augment the others.

If you don't know what I'm talking about look at your debate with Josh over the Sentry vs Hulk battle. thumb up

carver9

If you don't know what I'm talking about look at your debate with Josh over the Sentry vs Hulk battle.

Gotcha. So he's aware of the military coming, which isn't what happened in WWH. Which is the reason the fight went the way it did. He's aware of Strange mind attacking him. He's aware of Sentry trying to sneak attack him before it happened. Majority of the things that happened to Hulk were caught off guard moments. If the scenario isn't the same then why title it Hulk.

As for the thread. Before the military get into the planes, Thor rain down lightning on them. No helicopters, or tanks, no need for him to fight them. Thor visits Strange before this and rain lightning down on him which prevents the mind attacks from happening. Herc and the crew shows up hut wait, Thor isn't there, he is sky high raining the power of a tornados and Thunder from the heavens.

He wants Professor but doesn't want to fight. He teleport in, grabs Professor and leaves. Sentry shows up but guess what, Thor is aware and simply opens a portal which takes Sentry to the pits of hell.

Thor clears. Waste of thread.

LordofBrooklyn
Gotcha. So he's aware of the military coming, which isn't what happened in WWH. Which is the reason the fight went the way it did. He's aware of Strange mind attacking him. He's aware of Sentry trying to sneak attack him before it happened. Majority of the things that happened to Hulk were caught off guard moments. If the scenario isn't the same then why title it Hulk.

As for the thread. Before the military get into the planes, Thor rain down lightning on them. No helicopters, or tanks, no need for him to fight them. Thor visits Strange before this and rain lightning down on him which prevents the mind attacks from happening. Herc and the crew shows up hut wait, Thor isn't there, he is sky high raining the power of a tornados and Thunder from the heavens.

He wants Professor but doesn't want to fight. He teleport in, grabs Professor and leaves. Sentry shows up but guess what, Thor is aware and simply opens a portal which takes Sentry to the pits of hell.

Thor clears. Waste of thread.

Again, you're missing the point.

If Banner is unaware, so is Thor.

If there is prep against Banner, there is prep against Thor.

No one, most importantly, ME, set up the premise that you've provided above.

What you appear to want as evidenced by your responses is for Thor to be a Blonde Hulk and use brute strength in every encounter.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

golem370
He was holding back which makes his fts even more interesting. You can hold back and still have high ends.

You can't say it was his high end if he was holding back because he was holding back if he wasn't holding back then that would be his high end feats unless your comparing it to other characters.

carver9
Again, you're missing the point.

If Banner is unaware, so is Thor.

If there is prep against Banner, there is prep against Thor.

No one, most importantly, ME, set up the premise that you've provided above.

What you appear to want as evidenced by your responses is for Thor to be a Blonde Hulk and use brute strength in every encounter.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I never said anything about him using mainly brute force. Hell, I haven't even brought up how he would approach the fight. I have been arguing for pages on if he could withstand the adamantium bullet assault. The fight attack was a back stab on Hulk that he wasn't even aware of. If Thor gets the luxury of knowing that the attackers are coming then that gives him a chance to strike first which Hulk didn't have that opportunity. My argument isn't that he would use lightning or whatever. Why wouldn't he? We've been arguing for pages on if he could withstand the adamantium attack and the start off of that attack was a backstabb.

My other argument is, whatever situation Hulk was put it (sneak attack and prep used against him) Thor would be put in that same situation which means, Hulk would have to counter an attack for an attack that was dished out on him the same way it was done to Hulk (again, sneak attack and prepped scenario). Now how he goes from there, it's all up to the debater.

LordofBrooklyn
My other argument is, whatever situation Hulk was put it (sneak attack and prep used against him) Thor would be put in that same situation which means, Hulk would have to counter an attack for an attack that was dished out on him the same way it was done to Hulk (again, sneak attack and prepped scenario). Now how he goes from there, it's all up to the debater.

So basically we can all dismiss your last post on the prior page as you are really arguing with yourself.

cool

carver9
So basically we can all dismiss your last post on the prior page as you are really arguing with yourself.

cool

mad

abhilegend
If you mean him blocking bullets, then more. But that doesn't in itself mean what you are suggesting. It absolutely does. Have you seen a bulletproof character blocking bullets?

Not really. He has been threatened numerous times. Jonathanos has catalogued them.

You're a thorbag, that's worse than any fate already. Yeah and it happened several times in 2000's. In fact he was shot by that bullet in 90's.

Because it doesn't? Wolverine's claws? Wolverine cut off ****ing King Thor's hand off. And gutted Thor. Just looking at his scenes. Who else would show Thor taking blasts that cleave mjolnir?

He would be definitely piereced. His piercing durability is ****ing horrible these days. Even under Aaron Minotaur ran him through with his horn. If those bullets go through his head, he's dead.

I never doubted their canonicity but you can't seem to recognize Thor's growth in the department of bullet invulnerability. Hah, he's still seen as not-bulletproof by most writers.

Like? Getting his arm cut off by Wolverine? Ran through by anything and everything? Who the **** cares about Gladiator? When was superman pierced or got his arm cut off? Don't tell me you're still using Brainiac's ship impaling Superman, because that'd be utterly dumb.

Valkyrie ran him through with a spear IIRC.

celeyhyga17
It absolutely does. Have you seen a bulletproof character blocking bullets? What do you expect? If a flying brick had a do everything magical hammer, I'm certain writers will have him or her block everything from bullets to energy blasts a majority of the time. Come on it's comics.

Hah, he's still seen as not-bulletproof by most writers.More like some.

Err... That was a high end Valkyrie. And it's not like Asgardians wield regular mortal made weapons. You know, with such things as uru and magic that almost always are standard for these beings...

Thor can tank nukes and survive in the freakin sun while drinking an afternoon ale fer cryin out loud. For the purpose of this thread, It's more likely he will not get pierced by bullets that are not strong enough or do not have enough force behind them. In regards to adamantium bullets, he'll probably get pierced, but it's not a definite stopper for him. With a "World War Thor" mentality, he will wade through it like a boss. To think otherwise would be ignorant given what he has endured when he is in a determined mindset.

If anything it won't even come to this situation. He has a myriad options at his disposal that Hulk can only have wet dreams of. To be honest it's not even fair. World War Thor?
Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Seriously.... Bahahahahahaha.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It absolutely does. Have you seen a bulletproof character blocking bullets?

Not really. He has been threatened numerous times. Jonathanos has catalogued them.

You're a thorbag, that's worse than any fate already. Yeah and it happened several times in 2000's. In fact he was shot by that bullet in 90's.

Then prove it. smile We already know that blocking an attack doesn't in itself mean it's fatal as we've seen characters dodging/blocking attacks they later on survive many times in comics.

Stop lying. He's only been pierced by a bullet once and he's had bullets bounce off of him at least 5 times now.

You're implying he's been shot through multiple times when that is completely untrue. Which is why it was stupid as at that point, Thor was bulletproof as indicated by previous evidence.

Because it doesn't? Wolverine's claws? Wolverine cut off ****ing King Thor's hand off. And gutted Thor. Just looking at his scenes. Who else would show Thor taking blasts that cleave mjolnir?

I say it does.

This is why everyone thinks you're such a f*ck. Wolverine never cut off King Thor's arm and you have vehemently argued that the Reigning is non-canon in the past so why use that instead of the fight where he turns his claws specifically because of his durability to piercing?

How about his fight against the Celestials under Mark, the God Bomb under Aaron, withstanding Perrikus' axe under Jurgens etc.

He would be definitely piereced. His piercing durability is ****ing horrible these days. Even under Aaron Minotaur ran him through with his horn. If those bullets go through his head, he's dead.

Hah, he's still seen as not-bulletproof by most writers.

Like? Getting his arm cut off by Wolverine? Ran through by anything and everything? Who the **** cares about Gladiator? When was superman pierced or got his arm cut off? Don't tell me you're still using Brainiac's ship impaling Superman, because that'd be utterly dumb.

According to you. Getting run through by a "Hulk level" being does not constitute as poor piercing durability. Not necessarily. He survived Phoenix Emma's barrage for example.

Now, I know you have to have some idea of his better feats and yet here you are pretending that they don't exist. There's a respect thread if you want to educate yourself.

You've argued vehemently that Fraction's trilogy is non-canon. Yet here you are referencing it when it suits you. no expression

Also, being run through by an immortal incarnation of Valkyrie does not constitute as "normal".

Edit: Run through by anything and everything?

Well, now I know you aren't interested in anything resembling an intellectual conversation when you've already taken such an incredibly false stance.

Bentley
Even if you wanted to argue that Wolverine claws can pierce Thor, you'd need to prove those same claws can be tanked through physical durability. We've seen them pierce through Gladiator already.

DarkSaint85
Not that Thor would need to stand there and engage in a scene by scene replay of WWH, so moot point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.