OWAW Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Thor has been put into Superman shoes, he's has also been trained to use his abilities in undefined ways (use his more versatile on panel showing without any amplifications) and his rage knows no bound after seeing friends and family die at the hands of Imperiex probes. Can he achieve what Superman did? He is put in the same situations as Supes.

Also, for the sun dip portion, Thor gets to amp up with Asgardian items minus the Destroyer armor. It has to be an amp that has been shown on panel, canon amp.

DarkSaint85
Yep.

Also, style points are lost because you didn't name the thread Our Worlds at Thor.

Harbinger
Thor + belt of strength + Gauntlets + bloodlusted mindset?

Yeah, he can do this.

carver9
He only get the amps during the time Superman had to amp to push War World. The rest, he has to do under his own power like Superman did.

JBL
He would do it without any amp.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL

DAMN LIES FROM THE PIT OF HELL!!!

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by JBL

Lol and I guess you base your educated opinion because you read OWAW?

laughing out loud

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
DAMN LIES FROM THE PIT OF HELL!!!

laughing laughing

Diesldude
He fails, he is no Superman. The probes woulda knocked him out and if he got passed them. There is no
way for him to replicate the strength feat of sun dipped superman.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

laughing out loud

Hey, hey, don't forget that JBL has enough Superman comics that if he had 2 dollars for each of them he would be rich!

Zack Fair
Thor would just pull a Deus Ex Machina/Mjolnir on the World Engine lol.

DarkSaint85
Thor gets through. And the writing would be glorious.

Zack Fair
yeah...unless they go the *Thor swings Mjolnir really hard* route.

Then again...

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Thor WITH AMP gets through. And the writing would be glorious.

JBL

laughing out loud Nice picture of superman you and about a 100 others have on your profile. Must be a fan group? No wonder you ALL support each other, how loyal and predictable. laughing Anyway, Thor has a VERY powerful hammer that he can use in MANY ways, some we see all the time to some he rarely use, he will use that hammer along with his strength to win, but as ever, superman fans will pollute EVERY thread that has superman in it because they want superman to be the best at everything. If superman did it, NO other character can do it.... If superman fails, NO other character has a prayer.... The House of EL is the biggest joke i have ever seen on ANY comic book site. Superman is above ALL and to say he lose or cannot do this or that is a mortal sin with the MANY superman followers and worshipers. This Almighty superman ( despite being handed his ass many times ) cannot be beaten or fail in any task, so why bother using him in threads when ( in the twisted minds of his worshipers ) he will ALWAYS win? laughing

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Nice picture of superman you and about a 100 others have on your profile. Must be a fan group? No wonder you ALL support each other, how loyal and predictable. laughing Anyway, Thor has a VERY powerful hammer that he can use in MANY ways, some we see all the time to some he rarely use, he will use that hammer along with his strength to win, but as ever, superman fans will pollute EVERY thread that has superman in it because they want superman to be the best at everything. If superman did it, NO other character can do it.... If superman fails, NO other character has a prayer.... The House of EL is the biggest joke i have ever seen on ANY comic book site. Superman is above ALL and to say he lose or cannot do this or that is a mortal sin with the MANY superman followers and worshipers. This Almighty superman ( despite being handed his ass many times ) cannot be beaten or fail in any task, so why bother using him in threads when ( in the twisted minds of his worshipers ) he will ALWAYS win? laughing

Find the following members of the hated Thor Corps.

1. RageofOlympus
2. Damborgson
3. Celeygha

Then ask them the following question

Can Thor defeat Imperiex and Warworld as presented in OWAW without an amp?

Lets see what they say.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by JBL
Nice picture of superman you and about a 100 others have on your profile. Must be a fan group? No wonder you ALL support each other, how loyal and predictable. laughing Anyway, Thor has a VERY powerful hammer that he can use in MANY ways, some we see all the time to some he rarely use, he will use that hammer along with his strength to win, but as ever, superman fans will pollute EVERY thread that has superman in it because they want superman to be the best at everything. If superman did it, NO other character can do it.... If superman fails, NO other character has a prayer.... The House of EL is the biggest joke i have ever seen on ANY comic book site. Superman is above ALL and to say he lose or cannot do this or that is a mortal sin with the MANY superman followers and worshipers. This Almighty superman ( despite being handed his ass many times ) cannot be beaten or fail in any task, so why bother using him in threads when ( in the twisted minds of his worshipers ) he will ALWAYS win? laughing

Aaaaaaaaaaand, this is because you read OWAW? laughing out loud gotcha thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by JBL
So much hate, I pity you bro.

Diesldude
Aaaaaaaaaaand, this is because you read OWAW? laughing out loud gotcha thumb up

laughing out loud He's off his meds again.

JBL
Originally posted by Diesldude
laughing out loud He's off his meds again. Yeah, i forgot to take my KAL-PILLS, can i borrow some? smokin'

Rao Kal El
laughing out loud He's off his meds again.

If he only had 2 dollars... laughing

Zack Fair
Don't engage him.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Yeah, i forgot to take my KAL-PILLS, can i borrow some? smokin'

In case you missed this

Find the following members of the hated Thor Corps.

1. RageofOlympus
2. Damborgson
3. Celeygha

Then ask them the following question

Can Thor defeat Imperiex and Warworld as presented in OWAW without an amp?

Lets see what they say.

Philosophía
Thor is probably put in a coma when an Imperiex Probe explodes in his face, if he even manages to do that.

Damborgson
>_>

I like your spirit LoB lol

Stoic
I could see him do most of the things that Superman did, if he has items of power.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I think it would go more or less this way.
Thor would be also trained by someone like Mogul Jr.
He would go prepared against the first Probe, like he did against Thanos clone.
Once he sees how powerful it is, he would go for some artifacts from Asgard, belt of strength etc., maybe even the Destroyer Armor or Jarnbjorn, with it and the Loeb Force, because Loeb would write the story, he would do as well as OWAW Superman. Though I could imagine a heroic death at the big bang.

carver9
Lol

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by carver9
Lol

Is this how a thread starter should honor the people who post in HIS thread?

erm

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Damborgson
>_>

I like your spirit LoB lol

I'll translate what this means for you, JBL.

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_trending/public/video/thumb/2012/03/20090330_raw_JBL_rey.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Is this how a thread starter should honor the people who post in HIS thread?

erm

Lol...that laugh probably wasn't intended for you.

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL

Translation:

http://ctworkingmoms.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/temper-tantrum-o.gif

JBL
Originally posted by Delta1938
Translation:

http://ctworkingmoms.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/temper-tantrum-o.gif Translation.... Superman is our God so only say that he wins in every thread hes in, even if he is put up against Classic Beyonder and Odin in the Destroyer Armor fighting in a red sun radiation tank laced with 40 tons of K-NITE. smokin'

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140405153835/glee/images/6/66/Temper-tantrum-o.gif

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/205966/resized_creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-truth-hurts-doesn-t-it-38557a.jpg

abhilegend
Imperiex kills him.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by abhilegend
Imperiex kills him.

If he takes Supermans role he is treated the same way and saved by Darkseid. Me thinks.

playa1258
JBL is just pissed this is not CBR and using low-ball Superman. Here the actual Superman is used and he just happens to be extremely powerful. Hard to accept for CBRtards.

maxivitopowe
Ugh

JBL
Originally posted by playa1258
JBL is just pissed this is not CBR and using low-ball Superman. Here the actual Superman is used and he just happens to be extremely powerful. Hard to accept for CBRtards. I guess this CBR say the same thing about this place? Pissed?? Superman does not have the strength or power to destroy a planet dude, Even terrax has the power to destroy one. Superman is the least of my concern.

playa1258
Yeah and your precious Gladiator has not benched the weight of a planet for days at a time and ripped Doomsday in half. But hey he punched a planet apart 700 years ago and its PIS that he gets his ass kicked at all. Pendaran is not here to rescue you.

JBL
Yeah and your precious Gladiator has not benched the weight of a planet for days at a time and ripped Doomsday in half. But hey he punched a planet apart 700 years ago and its PIS that he gets his ass kicked at all. Pendaran is not here to rescue you. Gladiator has what to do with this???? First of all, gladiator destroyed a planet we all could see, second, he contained an explosion that could have wrecked half of earths solar system near pluto, look at the planets he saved. Now, superman NEVER benched the earth, it was a statement from a woman on earth, Thats NOT a feat because he did NOT bench the earth. You dont see people using the STATEMENT from the Watcher when he said that gladiator was strong enough to tear apart a black hole with his bare hands or collaspe entire stars with his level of strength... OHHHH but let some woman claim something about the weigh of earth. laughing out loud But we see the same superman struggling to stop a speeding spaceship THAT WE ALL CAN SEE, but you cherish your STATEMENTS over actual HANDS ON feats.Very well...... ENJOY laughing

Bentley
People who believe Superman is a weakling are hilarious.

Rao Kal El
Yeah and your precious Gladiator has not benched the weight of a planet for days at a time and ripped Doomsday in half. But hey he punched a planet apart 700 years ago and its PIS that he gets his ass kicked at all. Pendaran is not here to rescue you.

I check some of Pendaran's post, wow he seems as versed on Superman as our guy here, wonder if they read Superman comics together. mmm

JBL
Originally posted by Bentley
People who believe Superman is a GOD are hilarious. FIXED.

JBL
I check some of Pendaran's post, wow he seems as versed on Superman as our guy here, wonder if they read Superman comics together. mmm Did he have a pic or the letters JBL on his page like your groups 100 plus pics of superman?

pym-ftw
Thor can clear especially if he gets Asgards crazy powerful artifacts.

Anyone saying otherwise is pretty dumb,...

Now Thor with the Odin force is probably the best version to compare to Owaw sundipped Superman.

playa1258
I check some of Pendaran's post, wow he seems as versed on Superman as our guy here, wonder if they read Superman comics together. mmm

It's just extreme bias I guess.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by JBL
Did he have a pic or the letters JBL on his page like your groups 100 plus pics of superman?

That is the dumbest argument I have ever heard.

So just because I have a Superman sig that mean something?

I can change my sig for some of JBL and that does not change a thing.

Is like you can change your Sig for a OWAW Superman pic and that does not mean that you have read OWAW...

Oh wait........

Did I went to far? laughing

maxivitopowe
Wow the hypocrisy

pym-ftw
Can you guys just put each other on ignore and move on?

Zack Fair
LOL Pym you have all of those guys on ignore?

crylaugh

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Can you guys just put each other on ignore and move on?

Nah, I'll just ignore his @ss.

Do you guys like my sig?

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Zack Fair
LOL Pym you have all of those guys on ignore?

crylaugh yeah it makes the board alot more pleasant. Originally posted by Rao Kal El

Do you guys like my sig? thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
It's funny, not a SINGLE Thor fan would back up, JBL's, ridiculous assertion that the Odinson can pull it off with no amp.

All the while he claims it is Superman fans that are rabid and irrational.

SquallX
This is ****ing stupid if we're to believe that Thor can't accomplish this.

Thor is being put in Kal's shoes, that means he received all the Deus Ex Machina Kal received in that story. I.E Kal being saved by Doomsday, Darkseid and getting an amp.

LeonBuco666
Thor, easily clears it.

He then bursts out of comicdom an smites anyone who doubted he could.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by SquallX
This is ****ing stupid if we're to believe that Thor can't accomplish this.

Thor is being put in Kal's shoes, that means he received all the Deus Ex Machina Kal received in that story. I.E Kal being saved by Doomsday, Darkseid and getting an amp.

Fair and balanced, JBL, says the Odinson can do it WITHOUT an amp.

Diesldude

Do you guys like my sig?

You could use the one bada used when he closed that other thread.

SquallX
Fair and balanced, JBL, says the Odinson can do it WITHOUT an amp.

Then he's wrong.

Thor can't do this without the amps, especially moving War-world.

Rao Kal El
Then he's wrong.

Thor can't do this without the amps, especially moving War-world.

Give Jbl a break, he has never read OWAW, but somehow he is an expert laughing

Diesldude
Give Jbl a break, he has never read OWAW comics, but somehow he is an expert laughing

fixed.

Rao Kal El
fixed.

laughing out loud

Oh and

You could use the one bada used when he closed that other thread.

DONE!

Reflassshh
HAHA nice thread thumb up

Diesldude
laughing out loud

Oh and

DONE!
lol thumb up

Originally posted by Reflassshh
HAHA nice thread thumb up

Best one in awhile. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor clears it obviously.

The Gorr arc is like less then a year old and people are already doubting Thor's ability to overcome crazy shit when the odds are against him?

It won't go exactly like Superman since they are different characters but he'll get the job done one way or another.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor clears it obviously.

The Gorr arc is like less then a year old and people are already doubting Thor's ability to overcome crazy shit when the odds are against him?

It won't go exactly like Superman since they are different characters but he'll get the job done one way or another.

For the benefit of the esteemed, JBL, could Thor clear the OWAW challenges WITHOUT an amp?

Rage.Of.Olympus
For the benefit of the esteemed, JBL, could Thor clear the OWAW challenges WITHOUT an amp?

Could he? Well, yea, sure, he's done crazier shit, but in that respect, the same could be said of Superman.

But to do that in the context of the OWAW storyline, he'd have to completely surpass Superman in relative power which I don't believe is possible.

Perhaps, Mjolnir's deus ex nature and stuff like the God Blast might be used to accomplish the same task without a significant amp in a less direct physical manner (God Blasting War World's energy core or weakening Imperiex's energy through absorption etc.) but no way in hell is Thor approaching Sun Dipped Superman in physical strength.

Superman went from not being able to move a planet to pushing War World even with it's thrusters going the other way. The second part is exaggerated to shit by some imo but it still indicates a massive strength boost.

Now, I think all I've said is relatively reasonable but......

JBL
Then he's wrong.

Thor can't do this without the amps, especially moving War-world. Thor's hammer can move war-world. People seem to forget that Thor has a very very powerful weapon that he WILL use, now go look at all the things an un-amped Thor has done with his hammer.

Diesldude
Originally posted by JBL
Thor's hammer can move war-world. People seem to forget that Thor has a very very powerful weapon that he WILL use, now go look at all the things an un-amped Thor has done with his hammer.

Can you create a link to the page on thor's respect thread you saw him do this?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Thor's hammer can move war-world. People seem to forget that Thor has a very very powerful weapon that he WILL use, now go look at all the things an un-amped Thor has done with his hammer.

You just had, RageofOlympus, and earlier, Damborgson, comment and you STILL keep going.

CONCEDE NOW!

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by JBL

You think very highly of Thors hammer.

Didnt you also say Superman, Surfer & Hyperion were all weaker than Mjonlir combined? I think it was you......

JBL
You just had, RageofOlympus, and earlier, Damborgson, comment and you STILL keep going.

CONCEDE NOW! Seems to me rage said he could do it with his hammer and damborgson did not comment on your question, but like a true superman fan, you try and twist words to cover superman's butt. Those probes and war-world are nothing thor's hammer cannot handle, he does not have to pound on them or throw his hammer at them, he has far too many ways to stop them with his hammer. its like a weightlifter beating on a car and doing great damage then a teenager comes along with a magic baseball bat and beating on that car but with the power to anti-matter blast, God-blast, BFR, Drain, shrink and a lot other things. He does not have to match the weightlifters strength as long as he has that enchanted baseball bat. Go ask superman about the power he felt in thors hammer and see what he has to say. You dont see him nearly pissing his pants after a sundip do you?????? smokin'

JBL
fixed. There is not a superman/JLA issue out there that i have not read WITH UNDERSTANDING. How many do you own and have read?

pym-ftw
Tbf mjoinir powers personified into a person would kick that teams butts

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Seems to me rage said he could do it with his hammer and damborgson did not comment on your question, but like a true superman fan, you try and twist words to cover superman's butt. Those probes and war-world are nothing thor's hammer cannot handle, he does not have to pound on them or throw his hammer at them, he has far too many ways to stop them with his hammer. its like a weightlifter beating on a car and doing great damage then a teenager comes along with a magic baseball bat and beating on that car but with the power to anti-matter blast, God-blast, BFR, Drain, shrink and a lot other things. He does not have to match the weightlifters strength as long as he has that enchanted baseball bat. Go ask superman about the power he felt in thors hammer and see what he has to say. You dont see him nearly pissing his pants after a sundip do you?????? smokin'

Perhaps, Mjolnir's deus ex nature and stuff like the God Blast might be used to accomplish the same task without a significant amp in a less direct physical manner (God Blasting War World's energy core or weakening Imperiex's energy through absorption etc.) but no way in hell is Thor approaching Sun Dipped Superman in physical strength.

"Perhaps" and "Might" are words that indicate a sureity in regard to what you're asserting?

You're desperate.

Show me the instance in which Thor has stopped the energy of a Big Bang without an amp.

I'll wait.

JBL

"Perhaps" and "Might" are words that indicate a sureity in regard to what you're asserting?

You're desperate.

Show me the instance in which Thor has stopped the energy of a Big Bang without an amp.

I'll wait. Show me superman stopping the energy of a Big Bang. I'll wait.

Could he? Well, yea, sure, he's done crazier shit, but in that respect, the same could be said of Superman. LEFT THAT PART OUT AS YOU SUPERMAN FANS SO OFTEN DO.
laughing out loud

Igniz
Thor can clear especially if he gets Asgards crazy powerful artifacts.

Anyone saying otherwise is pretty dumb,...

Now Thor with the Odin force is probably the best version to compare to Owaw sundipped Superman.

Thor with the spark WTFstomps OWAW big grin

Bentley
Originally posted by JBL
Show me superman stopping the energy of a Big Bang. I'll wait.

Imperiex is a living Big Bang.

Which Superman stopped.

In the arc we are discussing.

So...

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
I guess this CBR say the same thing about this place? Pissed?? Superman does not have the strength or power to destroy a planet dude, Even terrax has the power to destroy one. Superman is the least of my concern.

Except that time he destroyed a planet-size asteroid, destroyed a planet, and all those feats above planet-busting. But keep whining because you're not as smart think you are and can't handle it.

JBL
Except that time he destroyed a planet-size asteroid, destroyed a planet, and all those feats above planet-busting. But keep whining because you're not as smart think you are and can't handle it. WHAT PLANET SIZED ASTEROID??? WHAT PLANET DID SUPERMAN DESTROY???? DC made it PLAIN AS DAY that superman DOES NOT have the strength or power to destroy a world. I knew and said this ALL ALONG, now that DC has let it be known, you superman fans can't handle it can you?? All you have is insults ( the last result of butt-hurt-dom ). Go complain to DC. I did not put those words in superman's mouth, DC did, you superman fans came with....yes he can, JBL is a hater.... superman can destroy a planet....... go back to CBR jbl...... how many superman comics have you read jbl?.... Superman does have planet destroying strength and power.....NOW DC comes along and states NO HELL HE CANT.... you get mad at JBL??? Get mad at DC, not good ole JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD. laughing

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
WHAT PLANET SIZED ASTEROID??? WHAT PLANET DID SUPERMAN DESTROY???? DC made it PLAIN AS DAY that superman DOES NOT have the strength or power to destroy a world. I knew and said this ALL ALONG, now that DC has let it be known, you superman fans can't handle it can you?? All you have is insults ( the last result of butt-hurt-dom ). Go complain to DC. I did not put those words in superman's mouth, DC did, you superman fans came with....yes he can, JBL is a hater.... superman can destroy a planet....... go back to CBR jbl...... how many superman comics have you read jbl?.... Superman does have planet destroying strength and power.....NOW DC comes along and states NO HELL HE CANT.... you get mad at JBL??? Get mad at DC, not good ole JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD. laughing

First, before I answer your questions, I must ask, where is it you're getting "DC made it PLAIN AS DAY that Superman DOES NOT have the strength or power to destroy a world?" Where did DC state this, again?

JBL
First, before I answer your questions, I must ask, where is it you're getting "DC made it PLAIN AS DAY that Superman DOES NOT have the strength or power to destroy a world?" Where did DC state this, again? Let me ask you this..... When that woman said that superman was benching the earths weight on a machine, you and other fans embraced that statement with open arms right? Even used it in MANY threads and arguments right?? NOW when superman HIMSELF states that only one being they know has the power to destroy a world, YOU WANT VERAFICATION because you dont like THAT statement....... SEE, that's what you superman fans do, you embrace the statements you like but try and dismiss the ones you dont like.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Peter Parker
Let me ask you this..... When that woman said that superman was benching the earths weight on a machine, you and other fans embraced that statement with open arms right? Even used it in MANY threads and arguments right?? NOW when superman HIMSELF states that only one being they know has the power to destroy a world, YOU WANT VERAFICATION because you dont like THAT statement....... SEE, that's what you superman fans do, you embrace the statements you like but try and dismiss the ones you dont like.

I'm asking where is it DC said Superman can't, Pete. And yes, you are Pete. Now, where was it that DC said this?

Raisen
Originally posted by JBL
Let me ask you this..... When that woman said that superman was benching the earths weight on a machine, you and other fans embraced that statement with open arms right? Even used it in MANY threads and arguments right?? NOW when superman HIMSELF states that only one being they know has the power to destroy a world, YOU WANT VERAFICATION because you dont like THAT statement....... SEE, that's what you superman fans do, you embrace the statements you like but try and dismiss the ones you dont like.

there is a very clear double standard here. i'm sure i'm going to receive hate but the double standard that is being used by some superman fans is clear as day.

DarkSaint85
I can bench a 2kg weight.

I cannot destroy that exact same weight.

Raisen

a good analogy that you've used before. punching power =/= pushing strength. it may help, but there is much more to it.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Raisen
there is a very clear double standard here. i'm sure i'm going to receive hate but the double standard that is being used by some superman fans is clear as day.

There's no double standard. I want Pete to confirm he's referring to what I think he is.

pym-ftw
Tbf if you could bench 60,000,000,000,000 tons you could destroy weights & the planet those weights reside on...

Raisen
i realized what i responded with didn't even fit what you said. lol

but i get your point. simple and true. some people here just don't get it.

khan can probably crush that weight tho. skull crush ftw

Bentley

Reality warpers can destroy weight shifty

DarkSaint85
Reality warpers can destroy weight shifty

True, being a fan of the Hulk and Superman does warp your reality....

Epicurus

Depends on what the weight is made off.

Do you bench a 2kg dumbbell made of cotton candy?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Epicurus
Depends on what the weight is made off.

Do you bench a 2kg dumbbell made of cotton candy?

I wish.

Was a moot point, anyway. We have seen that Superman has the combat showings (ripping Doomsday in half) for it to matter.

Not to mention, surely this thread should be talking about preboot Superman?

And I am still not sure what relevance it would have to Thor, anyway.

WRT the thread, Thor clears.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Show me superman stopping the energy of a Big Bang. I'll wait.

Superman stopped the energy of a Big Bang in a rarely seen storyline titled

OUR WORLDS AT WAR

You're ignorance is embarassing BUT quite entertaining so please don't stop!

Now, show me Thor moving an object with the power of Warworld without an amp.

I'll wait, yet again.

DarkOdin

OUR WORLDS AT WAR

I'll wait, yet again.

Thor stopped and turned back the world engine which was powered by yggdrasil that would be pretty close

carver9
Remember, where Superman received a sun dip (pushing War World), Thor gets to use any asgardian artifact that has been shown on panel (belt of strength, etc, etc...).

JBL

OUR WORLDS AT WAR

I'll wait, yet again. Well it looks like you did not have to wait long as somebody told you about thors feat.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Thor stopped and turned back the world engine which was powered by yggdrasil that would be pretty close

The World Engine powered by Yggdrasil isn't comprable to the power of the Big Bang in my opinion.

I've read most of Thor's canon and can't come up with anything, even when amped.

JBL
Originally posted by Raisen
a good analogy that you've used before. punching power =/= pushing strength. it may help, but there is much more to it. True, there is a lot more to it. It takes FAR more strength to destroy something than it does to lift it. Take a simple watermelon and lift it, then try and crush it, or take a 35lb steel weight and lift it then try and destroy it, if your strength could slowly start increasing, it would have to increase a very great deal to destroy that weight. Superman did not bench the earth, it was a statement that the machine similated the weight of the earth so we can take that statement according to our belief. What we DO know is that he cannot destroy a planet because in ALL his history, the best he has done was destroy a shadow moon and even then he had to build up great amount of mass and speed in order to do even that, and koed himself for his effort.

JBL
The World Engine powered by Yggdrasil isn't comprable to the power of the Big Bang in my opinion.

I've read most of Thor's canon and can't come up with anything, even when amped. Of course its not going to be comparable IN YOUR OPINION. You will low rate every feat unless its supermans, that's were i get my daily laughs from.Never stop. smokin'

Insane Titan

I've read most of Thor's canon and can't come up with anything, even when amped. superman bias at it's worst

Delta1938
True, there is a lot more to it. It takes FAR more strength to destroy something than it does to lift it. Take a simple watermelon and lift it, then try and crush it, or take a 35lb steel weight and lift it then try and destroy it, if your strength could slowly start increasing, it would have to increase a very great deal to destroy that weight. Superman did not bench the earth, it was a statement that the machine similated the weight of the earth so we can take that statement according to our belief. What we DO know is that he cannot destroy a planet because in ALL his history, the best he has done was destroy a shadow moon and even then he had to build up great amount of mass and speed in order to do even that, and koed himself for his effort.

So your argument is based on a combination of ignorance of Superman's history, arguing a statement for New 52 when it does COUNT for New Earth Superman, and oh yeah you're citing the shadow moon out of context. Like the fact that it was made of energy that drains him. So being knocked-out by destroying a moon-sized object completely made of energy that drains him is somehow proof he's weak in your eyes. Since, you know, you have no idea what you're talking about.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Well it looks like you did not have to wait long as somebody told you about thors feat.

If it were up to you I think we'd be waiting a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

In most of your posts there are a lot of attacks and almost no canon attached to it.

JBL
So your argument is based on a combination of ignorance of Superman's history, arguing a statement for New 52 when it does COUNT for New Earth Superman, and oh yeah you're citing the shadow moon out of context. Like the fact that it was made of energy that drains him. So being knocked-out by destroying a moon-sized object completely made of energy that drains him is somehow proof he's weak in your eyes. Since, you know, you have no idea what you're talking about. That moon was draining him?

JBL
If it were up to you I think we'd be waiting a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

In most of your posts there are a lot of attacks and almost no canon attached to it. superman bias at it's worst x 2 roll eyes (sarcastic)

Delta1938
That moon was draining him?

Energy it was made of drains him. Of course, you wouldn't know this.

EDIT: Also, unless you're referring to some other example, you're arguing a statement from a different continuity than the relevant one here. As well as the relevant Superman to the Orion vs Gladiator thread. In other words, absolutely retarded arguments. As stupid as your sig pic looks.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Insane Titan
superman bias at it's worst

In OUR WORLDS AT WAR you see the power of a Big Bang definitively and can gauge it as an obstacle. That reality doesn't exist with the World Engine in the arc.

Now feel free to actually explain my "Superman bias" at any time.

More than likely Titan's response will be " Why bother", " It's a waste of time", " I don't need to" instead of something actually substantive.

I look forward to your response based on Thor's history.

JBL
Energy it was made of drains him. Of course, you wouldn't know this. So that shadow moon was draining him in that story?

Delta1938
So that shadow moon was draining him in that story?

Get to your next retarded argument already Pete. Also, you're arguing a non-canon statement for the Superman relevant here., which is stupid. And your sig pic is as dumb as that.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
superman bias at it's worst x 2 roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please explain how these 2 events in OUR WORLDS AT WAR, namely, PUSHING WARWORLD, and STOPPING A BIG BANG, are comprable to the World Engine feat and another Thor feat of your choosing.

Go ahead, or will you wait for someone who actually knows Thor canon to answer for you?

Since it's "SUPERMAN BIAS" you should be able to cite examples rather quickly to refute my rabid fanboyism.

JBL
Please explain how these 2 events in OUR WORLDS AT WAR, namely, PUSHING WARWORLD, and STOPPING A BIG BANG, are comprable to the World Engine feat and another Thor feat of your choosing.

Go ahead, or will you wait for someone who actually knows Thor canon to answer for you?

Since it's "SUPERMAN BIAS" you should be able to cite examples rather quickly to refute my rabid fanboyism. Your version of OWAW is kind of shaky dude, http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Imperiex

JBL
Get to your next retarded argument already Pete. Also, you're arguing a non-canon statement for the Superman relevant here., which is stupid. And your sig pic is as dumb as that. Pete must have really let you have it once upon a time. Call me pete again and i will report you.

Delta1938
Pete must have really let you have it once upon a time. Call me pete again and i will report you.

Go ahead Pete. You REALLY haven't figured it out?

Anyways, I see you're once again dodging.

Philosophía
57W05-oopNA

JBL

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Your version of OWAW is kind of shaky dude, http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Imperiex

More empty rhetoric.

Can your provide the Thor feats please?

Prof. T.C McAbe

I can destroy a 200kg cake with my fists, i could never lift the plate it is on.

Supermans fists are more durable than the matter a planet is made of.

carver9
I can destroy a 200kg cake with my fists, i could never lift the plate it is on.

Supermans fists are more durable than the matter a planet is made of.

You know with your statement you are not helping Superman, right?

Bentley

Don't worry, Hulk can also smash through cake.

Prof. T.C McAbe

It does. Basically, it is easier for a herald to destroy a planet than to lift it's weight.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Not really.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
WHAT PLANET SIZED ASTEROID??? WHAT PLANET DID SUPERMAN DESTROY???? DC made it PLAIN AS DAY that superman DOES NOT have the strength or power to destroy a world. I knew and said this ALL ALONG, now that DC has let it be known, you superman fans can't handle it can you?? All you have is insults ( the last result of butt-hurt-dom ). Go complain to DC. I did not put those words in superman's mouth, DC did, you superman fans came with....yes he can, JBL is a hater.... superman can destroy a planet....... go back to CBR jbl...... how many superman comics have you read jbl?.... Superman does have planet destroying strength and power.....NOW DC comes along and states NO HELL HE CANT.... you get mad at JBL??? Get mad at DC, not good ole JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD. laughing
Nice meltdown kid.

Rao Kal El
It does. Basically, it is easier for a herald to destroy a planet than to lift it's weight.

Carver's reaction to this post

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HLn1NrlelPE/UwWP69v__bI/AAAAAAAAF5k/SW7MRw3FFV0/s1600/head-explodes-confetti-o.gif

JBL
It does. Basically, it is easier for a herald to destroy a planet than to lift it's weight. Yeah right, i can see you being made out of adamantium and with your own strength lifting a 50lb steel weight. Now Mr. adamantium, destroy or crush that weight...... You cannot do it.... Now if we were to multiply your strength by 100, you would destroy that weight or crush it with your bare hands.

Delta1938
Yeah right, i can see you being made out of adamantium and with your own strength lifting a 50lb steel weight. Now Mr. adamantium, destroy or crush that weight...... You cannot do it.... Now if we were to multiply your strength by 100, you would destroy that weight or crush it with your bare hands.

Are you hoping nobody remembers that your claim that DC has outright stated Superman can't destroy a planet relies entirely on a statement from a continuity that doesn't apply to the topic? Or that you did this in another thread, too? This is desperate even for you, Pete.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by JBL
Yeah right, i can see you being made out of adamantium and with your own strength lifting a 50lb steel weight. Now Mr. adamantium, destroy or crush that weight...... You cannot do it.... Now if we were to multiply your strength by 100, you would destroy that weight or crush it with your bare hands.

If I would be made out of adamantium and retain my own strength I wouldn't be able to move. Your point is moot.
If I would mltply your strength by 100 and asked you to punch through a steel door, without giving you the density or invulnerability, your would just break your hand.

Superman is invulnerable, has a higher density than earths matter, that is why I compare a human with a cake. It's easy to break it apart, still it can be to heavy to lift, depending on the size. Hulk/Superman/Thor have no problem breaking through steel, crushing rocks etc. But put enough weight on their shoulders and they might be unable to lift it.

JBL
If I would be made out of adamantium and retain my own strength I wouldn't be able to move. Your point is moot.
If I would mltply your strength by 100 and asked you to punch through a steel door, without giving you the density or invulnerability, your would just break your hand.

Superman is invulnerable, has a higher density than earths matter, that is why I compare a human with a cake. It's easy to break it apart, still it can be to heavy to lift, depending on the size. Hulk/Superman/Thor have no problem breaking through steel, crushing rocks etc. But put enough weight on their shoulders and they might be unable to lift it. Why do you think i made you out of adamantium? Common sense should have told you that you would be able to move. Also about me punching through that steel door, i made you far stronger that steel weight, but you bring up your feat of me hitting that door with my own human hand??????? Why not make me adamantium like i did you??? Anyway, even if i remained like i am, i could tear that door off its hinges or kick it down with 100 times my own strength or destroy it with a hammer. Since superman is more durable that a planet, i made you more durable that that steel weight, but you make me hit that door as i am??? Nice try.

Delta1938
Why do you think i made you out of adamantium? Common sense should have told you that you would be able to move. Also about me punching through that steel door, i made you far stronger that steel weight, but you bring up your feat of me hitting that door with my own human hand??????? Why not make me adamantium like i did you??? Anyway, even if i remained like i am, i could tear that door off its hinges or kick it down with 100 times my own strength or destroy it with a hammer. Since superman is more durable that a planet, i made you more durable that that steel weight, but you make me hit that door as i am??? Nice try.

I don't think you're even dodging this time, Pete. I think you're legitimately incapable of getting his point.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by JBL
Why do you think i made you out of adamantium? Common sense should have told you that you would be able to move. Also about me punching through that steel door, i made you far stronger that steel weight, but you bring up your feat of me hitting that door with my own human hand??????? Why not make me adamantium like i did you??? Anyway, even if i remained like i am, i could tear that door off its hinges or kick it down with 100 times my own strength or destroy it with a hammer. Since superman is more durable that a planet, i made you more durable that that steel weight, but you make me hit that door as i am??? Nice try.

If I would be made out of adamantium and ave the strength to move my body, Steel wouldn't be a problem.
Your fingers would rather break, your leg would break, the counterimpact would preak your arm.
If you can't understand the cake/human or Hulk-Superman-Thor/planet strength vs durability comparison I made, than I can't help you sorry.

Superman is more durable than a planet and strong enough to lift it, which means he can destroy it. In your example, he is made ouf adamantium and has the strength to lift a boulder million times his weight. He can break this boulder apart, it doesn't mater how big it is, he has the strength and density.

JBL
I don't think you're even dodging this time, Pete. I think you're legitimately incapable of getting his point. His point is increasing my strength but not my durability in an attempt to trick idiots into agreeing with him. You see, a person made out of adamantium ( that can move ) and can bench a 50lb steel ball is a million times more durable than that ball, but they cannot destroy that ball with their bare hands....Now increase their strength x 100 and they can destroy it. Your friends attempt was that i had human durability with 100 x strength and had to punch that door and shatter my hand, what he failed to realize is that i could bench that door all day long but i cannot destroy it with my bare hands. laughing out loud

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by JBL
His point is increasing my strength but not my durability in an attempt to trick idiots into agreeing with him. You see, a person made out of adamantium ( that can move ) and can bench a 50lb steel ball is a million times more durable than that ball, but they cannot destroy that ball with their bare hands....Now increase their strength x 100 and they can destroy it. Your friends attempt was that i had human durability with 100 x strength and had to punch that door and shatter my hand, what he failed to realize is that i could bench that door all day long but i cannot destroy it with my bare hands. laughing out loud

Actually no. If that door would weight some tons, you body couldn't handle the pressure, even though you have the strength to theoretically lift it, the density of your bones, the joints, couldn't handle their own strength and you would break and die under this door.

But let's go through this bit by bit.

What is our planet made of, is this matter harder than Hulks or Supermans body?

Just a hint, our earth is not just a giant steel ball. wink

JBL
Actually no. If that door would weight some tons, you body couldn't handle the pressure, even though you have the strength to theoretically lift it, the density of your bones, the joints, couldn't handle their own strength and you would break and die under this door.

But let's go through this bit by bit.

What is our planet made of, is this matter harder than Hulks or Supermans body?

Just a hint, our earth is not just a giant steel ball. wink LOOK, superman benched the earths weight on a machine right? He had a brace helping him just like any bench presser laying on a bench right? Now when he tried to stop that spaceship with strength, he had nothing to brace against right? What happened?

Delta1938
His point is increasing my strength but not my durability in an attempt to trick idiots into agreeing with him. You see, a person made out of adamantium ( that can move ) and can bench a 50lb steel ball is a million times more durable than that ball, but they cannot destroy that ball with their bare hands....Now increase their strength x 100 and they can destroy it. Your friends attempt was that i had human durability with 100 x strength and had to punch that door and shatter my hand, what he failed to realize is that i could bench that door all day long but i cannot destroy it with my bare hands. laughing out loud

He said if you could lift a steel door but kept your normal durability, you'd break your hand punching it. That's why he brought-up the cake analogy. You can easily break a cake of the same weight because your fist is a lot harder than the cake.

He's saying that Superman's fist is far harder than what Earth is made of. How could you not get that? Oh yeah, it's you.

Also, you keep avoiding the fact that you said "DC straight-up said Superman cannot destroy a planet) by citing something from a continuity different than what's relevant here. Why do you keep avoiding that? Oh yeah, you know you painted yourself into a corner.

Rao Kal El
Hahahaha now that the math is not making any sense let me go into another topic

JBL
He said if you could lift a steel door but kept your normal durability, you'd break your hand punching it. That's why he brought-up the cake analogy. You can easily break a cake of the same weight because your fist is a lot harder than the cake.

He's saying that Superman's fist is far harder than what Earth is made of. How could you not get that? Oh yeah, it's you.

Also, you keep avoiding the fact that you said "DC straight-up said Superman cannot destroy a planet) by citing something from a continuity different than what's relevant here. Why do you keep avoiding that? Oh yeah, you know you painted yourself into a corner. Are you slow? Adamantium is far harder than steel. I know that superman is far more durable than the earth THATS WHY I MADE YOUR FRIEND ADAMANTINUM so that he would be FAR MORE DURABLE THAN THE STEEL. The earth is not like cake to superman when he has crashed into it and hurt himself before on panel. Your excuses laughable as they are, are getting quite boring. Smoke break .... smokin'

Delta1938
Are you slow? Adamantium is far harder than steel. I know that superman is far more durable than the earth THATS WHY I MADE YOUR FRIEND ADAMANTINUM so that he would be FAR MORE DURABLE THAN THE STEEL. The earth is not like cake to superman when he has crashed into it and hurt himself before on panel. Your excuses laughable as they are, are getting quite boring. Smoke break .... smokin'

I'm not slow. You're ignoring the cake analogy and now pretending to understand it when you didn't. The cake analogy is far more accurate than your analogy

And smoke a LOT. Speed things up, and do us all a favor.

Rao Kal El
laughing thumb up

Raisen
my god, everyone is simplifying too much.

regarding the earth crash-that depends much on speed. density and hardness isn't everything

this adamantium argument is flawed too. i'm not claiming to be a matmatician or scientist, but high school has taught me enough to know that people here aren't looking at the whole picture.

Raisen
Originally posted by JBL
Are you slow? Adamantium is far harder than steel. I know that superman is far more durable than the earth THATS WHY I MADE YOUR FRIEND ADAMANTINUM so that he would be FAR MORE DURABLE THAN THE STEEL. The earth is not like cake to superman when he has crashed into it and hurt himself before on panel. Your excuses laughable as they are, are getting quite boring. Smoke break .... smokin'

i can drop a ball bearing onto a piece of jello from two inches above said jello.

the bearing is denser and harder than the jello. does the bearing penetrate the jello?
no, it does not.
why? because not enough velocity has been built up. hardness and denseness mean little in this case.

velocity. density. etc. they factor into this do they not?

pym-ftw
Originally posted by JBL
LOOK, superman benched the earths weight on a machine right? He had a brace helping him just like any bench presser laying on a bench right? Now when he tried to stop that spaceship with strength, he had nothing to brace against right? What happened? DcNU =/= Owaw... just stop your only making yourself the butt of the forum's joke posters.

JBL
Hahahaha now that the math is not making any sense let me go into another topic Yeah, go defend Doomsday beating Galactus. laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
I wish.

Was a moot point, anyway. We have seen that Superman has the combat showings (ripping Doomsday in half) for it to matter.

Not to mention, surely this thread should be talking about preboot Superman?

And I am still not sure what relevance it would have to Thor, anyway.

WRT the thread, Thor clears.

Rao Kal El
I said G wins you probably didn't understand it.

So let me point and laugh (^u^)=0-

JBL
I said G wins you probably didn't understand it.

So let me point and laugh (^u^)=0- If Galactus jobs like he did to Thor or Sentry then Doomsday wins

If he does not job then Galactus stomps is as easy as that

Your own words.

Also.................Only crackheads would say DD wins.

You must all be crackheads.

I would rather smoke newports than Crack. smokin'

JBL
DcNU =/= Owaw... just stop your only making yourself the butt of the forum's joke posters. First of all, this is not OWAW. Its a non-amped superman. BACK ON TOPIC. Thor clears because of his hammers power.

pym-ftw
Read the thread again.

Prof. T.C McAbe
JBL, you are trolling and don't mean all this serious I guess, right?

Bentley
Originally posted by JBL
Thor clears because of his hammers power.

Nope. With those fallacious argument Thor stomps Thanos, it's the argument of a blind fanboy.

JBL
Read the thread again. I know what the thread stated. I am comparing thor to a non-amped superman, now when superman amped i countered with thor turning to his hammer to match in the OWAW story thor has been placed in.

JBL
Nope. With those fallacious argument Thor stomps Thanos, it's the argument of a blind fanboy. Then you know nothing about thors history with his hammer.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>