Tekken 7

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
We've got a reveal trailer! Yes! Mortal Kombat just got pushed to number 2.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/07/14/tekken-7-reveal-trailer-evo-2014

KingD19
I'm so much better at Tekken than other fighting games.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by KingD19
I'm so much better at Tekken than other fighting games. Same here. I'm pretty good at UFC, and suck at Mortal Kombat, though I enjoy it. Tekken on the other hand, is something I can play well. I'm an absolute monster with Christie Monteiro and Slim Bob. I cant wait for this!

KingD19
I have this weird ability to be halfway decent with pretty much anybody. But my best people are Eddy, Bryan Fury, Steve, and Bruce. I'm also pretty good with Hworang and Baek.

jinXed by JaNx
im still waiting for tekken vs street fighter. we're owed that

KingD19
Street Fighter x Tekken?

I'd love a crossover where it was in the Tekken style. Ryu in 3D would be amazing.

Arachnid1
Thats what we were supposed to get. Both studios were working on their own versions last I heard. I guess they discontinued it?

Estacado
Kazuya better kick everyones ass this time.uhuh

Zack Fair
I'm all in for a Kazuya-centric game. **** Jin.

Demonic Phoenix
I hope they go back to the style of early era Tekken games. Where Kazuya was the focus, Lee hated Kazuya's guts, and Paul was Kazuya's main rival, not some bear-hating buttmonkey.

Bro SMASH
It wasn't always just focused on Kazuya, though. It was always "Kazuya vs. Heihachi" since the first game and unless Kazuya changes, he's going to always have somebody against him, rather it's Heihachi, Jin, or Lars.

I wish Ken "Godhand" Mishima was a Tekken character, though. I think he'd be a more popular main character than both Jin and Lars.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thats what we were supposed to get. Both studios were working on their own versions last I heard. I guess they discontinued it?

Yeah, first Capcom with the game coded in Street fighter physics and the second with Konami taking over...,i haven't been able to find any news on that and with the news of Capcom looking for new ownership...,i don't expect to see it. It's only fair, because i wan't rock Sagat and Ryu with Jin and Steve lol

quanchi112
Mk is so much better than tekken but I like Heihachi so I'm in.

SamZED
As much as I love MK story gameplay-wise it can't compete with Tekken.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I'm all in for a Kazuya-centric game. **** Jin. thumb up

Arachnid1
Originally posted by SamZED
As much as I love MK story gameplay-wise it can't compete with Tekken.

thumb up Agreed!

Ridley_Prime
Compete with it, how? Wouldn't be surprised if MK9 was more successful than like Tekken 6. Hoping 7 is better than the last couple games though.

Kazenji
The last Tekken game i played was the 3rd one, After that i mostly played demo's on discs

but i managed to find a copy of the 6th during a online sale that should be on its way.

Estacado
Originally posted by Kazenji
The last Tekken game i played was the 3rd one, After that i mostly played demo's on discs

but i managed to find a copy of the 6th during a online sale that should be on its way.
6 was cool!
Enjoy it.
Also try Street Fighter X Tekken.

Gonna get Tekken tag 2 soon...

Kazenji
Originally posted by Estacado

So its worth checking out despite all the shit Capcom pulled with the DLC.

Estacado
DLC characters are pretty cool.
Though Lars doesnt have any tekken combos which is a shame cause he is pretty badass in T6.

Bryan is great he was always one of my fave characters.
The other DLC guys are well done as well.

Havent really tried the SF DLC characters Im more of a Tekken fan.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
It wasn't always just focused on Kazuya, though. It was always "Kazuya vs. Heihachi" since the first game and unless Kazuya changes, he's going to always have somebody against him, rather it's Heihachi, Jin, or Lars.

I wish Ken "Godhand" Mishima was a Tekken character, though. I think he'd be a more popular main character than both Jin and Lars.

I'm not talking about the plot. I'm talking about how Kazuya was the focal/'main' character, with Paul being the rival. Heihachi was the antagonist.

Kazuya vs. Jin was the focus for T6. That shit could have been epic (and Jin was pretty kewl acting like an evil warlord), but the actual conflict was handled poorly IMO. Time to move on. A return to Kazuya vs. Heihachi is fine with me. And I really hope Paul is no longer the buffoon he was post-T3.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Compete with it, how? Wouldn't be surprised if MK9 was more successful than like Tekken 6. Hoping 7 is better than the last couple games though.

Tekken's gameplay is better IMO. Though yeah, T6 was a step down from T5, and I think MK9 is (overall) better.

Plus the 2nd best reviewed fighting game of all time is a Tekken game, with the first being the 1st Soul Calibur game. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Kazenji

You should have gotten Tekken Tag 2 instead. Way more fun, and an all-round better game. Originally posted by Estacado
6 was cool!
Enjoy it.

Gonna get Tekken tag 2 soon...

Get it brah. It's better than T6.

SamZED
Here's a 3 minute version of the trailer. Not much added though, mostly monologuing. Looks like Heihachi is going to get a power up. Like the old fuk wasn't tough enough.

http://youtu.be/yTm6BV8RT9A

The ending is unexpected.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I'm not talking about the plot. I'm talking about how Kazuya was the focal/'main' character, with Paul being the rival. Heihachi was the antagonist.

Kazuya vs. Jin was the focus for T6. That shit could have been epic (and Jin was pretty kewl acting like an evil warlord), but the actual conflict was handled poorly IMO. Time to move on. A return to Kazuya vs. Heihachi is fine with me. And I really hope Paul is no longer the buffoon he was post-T3.

Tekken's gameplay is better IMO. Though yeah, T6 was a step down from T5, and I think MK9 is (overall) better.

Plus the 2nd best reviewed fighting game of all time is a Tekken game, with the first being the 1st Soul Calibur game. stick out tongue

You should have gotten Tekken Tag 2 instead. Way more fun, and an all-round better game.

Get it brah. It's better than T6. thumb up

Kazuya vs Jin would have been the best Tekken could have given us story wise. It was long overdue and it had many analogues to Heihachi vs Kazuya and Heihachi vs Jin. And would have worked to give FKN Heihachi a break. Unfortunately all we got was Lars. Kazuya and Lars and Heihachi. Sigh. And then Jin being the hero. Again. for the fkn 3rd time in a row. Jin needs to die.

Estacado
Kazuya needs to kill Jin in T7 get back his half of Devil then 1 punch Heihachi....biscuits

SamZED
I was really hoping they'll focus on Kazuya, maybe show us he's not completely lost to the devil, even bring back Jun...
Instead they're focusing on Heihachi and giving him the Alan Moore treatment. We're supposed to feel bad for him. Can't help but feel he'll be "the hero" of this story and therefore will win.

Zack Fair
What? They're really trying to make us feel bad for Heihachi? Wow. To hell with Namco. Seriously Heihachi is one of the most despicable human beings in video games. The shit he has put his family through is insane.

SamZED
Yeah, look closely. He's fuking crying in the trailer. And they say he loves his wife. We don't even know jack about Kazuya and Jun but Heihachi's relationship is getting a backstory. Ugh..

Zack Fair
Originally posted by SamZED
Yeah, look closely. He's fuking crying in the trailer. And they say he loves his wife. We don't even know jack about Kazuya and Jun but Heihachi's relationship is getting a backstory. Ugh.. Wow.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't care about whatever curse...if you fkn throw your son down a ravine/cliff and you shoot your grandson in the head...ugh. This would be the most disappointing retcon/plot twist ever. I don't even care if it makes sense from a story standpoint aka Heihachi was doing everything for the good of mankind. It would just ruin the fkn series.

Estacado
thumb up
Heihachi wanting to save the world from Devil eh?
That would completly retarded since he wanted to harness his power from himself.

Zack Fair
It is just unnecessary. Heihachi is the type of villain/anti-hero/character we love to hate.

Kazenji
GK-i5M4Ef3w

Wei Phoenix
The english voices were not good to them.

0mega Spawn
Great news.
It would be even better news if theyd removed all t6 new characters. Except maybe zafina
man lars and bob sucked sooo bad. With their creation tekken will probably implement more anime retard characters. Just give me more kung fu joes. Also no more oversized boss battles.

Kazenji
I liked Lars as a fighter from what i tried of him.

Wei Phoenix
Bob was amazing. Leo and Miguel are pretty awesome too. I didn't care for Lars, Alisa or Zafina but I wouldn't call them a waste of character or anything.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Bob was amazing. Leo and Miguel are pretty awesome too. I didn't care for Lars, Alisa or Zafina but I wouldn't call them a waste of character or anything. This. Slim Bob was ****ing awesome.

0mega Spawn
You guys seriously like these cartoon fighting styles being put in tekken... its because of gamers like you guys that tekken is becoming a piece of anime crap

Zack Fair
LoL. Yes because boxing kangaroos and fighting bears are not animesque crap.

Get real. Tekken's problems have nothing to do with the characters. Its the devolving gameplay.

Tekken hit its peak with Tekken Tag Tournament IMO. Tekken 4 was a test, and 5 was a back to basics approach. Also the game is so balanced that it kind of works against it IMHO. Almost everything feels the same. At least Tekken 4 had some unique playstyles.

0mega Spawn
1.. kangaroos can box laughing ... seriously though the animal character are obviously joke characters meant for shyts and giggles

2. Devolved gameplay? Introducing the bound system? More moves for every character?

I agree about tekken 4...

Arachnid1
LoL. Yes because boxing kangaroos and fighting bears are not animesque crap.

Get real. Tekken's problems have nothing to do with the characters. Its the devolving gameplay.

Tekken hit its peak with Tekken Tag Tournament IMO. Tekken 4 was a test, and 5 was a back to basics approach. Also the game is so balanced that it kind of works against it IMHO. Almost everything feels the same. At least Tekken 4 had some unique playstyles. thumb up

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
1.. kangaroos can box laughing ... seriously though the animal character are obviously joke characters meant for shyts and giggles

2. Devolved gameplay? Introducing the bound system? More moves for every character?

I agree about tekken 4...

Boxing kangaroos and raptors. The super fast, super fat guy isn't meant to be a humorous character? The boxing kangaroos are kangaroos with their own agenda, Kuma is a fighting bear with his own agenda, it's not like they are being put in their by their trainers/masters to compete. What was anime about Miguel?

There aren't anime-esque characters in Street Fighter, KoF, DOA?

0mega Spawn
Boxing kangaroos and raptors. The super fast, super fat guy isn't meant to be a humorous character? The boxing kangaroos are kangaroos with their own agenda, Kuma is a fighting bear with his own agenda, it's not like they are being put in their by their trainers/masters to compete. What was anime about Miguel?

There aren't anime-esque characters in Street Fighter, KoF, DOA?
the fighting animals are old jokes and nods that stuck similar to the mokujin nod/homage.

Whats so anime about miguel? I don't know maybe his cartoon fighting full of moves in which blast his opponents back and forth across a stage.

Who said anything about street fighter, kof, or doa? confused

Kazenji

You did when you brought this up

0mega Spawn
no expression

Kazenji
Thought as much coming from the likes of you.

0mega Spawn
erm

Kazenji
Originally posted by Arachnid1

Harada saying its still in the works

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-13858-Tekken-X-Street-Fighter-Hasn-t-Been-Cancelled---Relax---Says-Harada.html

Bro SMASH

It seems that all you really want is Kazuya to be the protagonist but at this point, it really doesn't matter. The only reason he was the protagonist in the first game was because he appeared to be a good guy and nobody really knew his intentions or the devil side of him. He's pretty much a full blown villain now while the actual good guys (Jin and Lars) are getting more attention so they'd probably have to change Kazuya's character to make him the main character now.

The whole Paul vs. Kuma feud started in Tekken 2 so it's been there for most of the series and I don't think it's going to change. I also wish Paul wasn't such a goofball he became after Tekken 3. Same thing for Law. They both didn't seem like a comedy duo, which is the right idea but for the wrong characters.

Demonic Phoenix
It seems that all you really want is Kazuya to be the protagonist but at this point, it really doesn't matter. The only reason he was the protagonist in the first game was because he appeared to be a good guy and nobody really knew his intentions or the devil side of him. He's pretty much a full blown villain now while the actual good guys (Jin and Lars) are getting more attention so they'd probably have to change Kazuya's character to make him the main character now.

The whole Paul vs. Kuma feud started in Tekken 2 so it's been there for most of the series and I don't think it's going to change. I also wish Paul wasn't such a goofball he became after Tekken 3. Same thing for Law. They both didn't seem like a comedy duo, which is the right idea but for the wrong characters.

You don't have to be 'good' to be a protagonist.

That shit has been done to death with no real progression of any sort plot-wise. Paul beat Kuma I in both T1 & T2, and then Kuma II in T3. Kuma II beats an overconfident Paul in T4. Paul beat Kuma II again in T5. Who knows what happened in T6, but I'm hoping Paul one-shotted Kuma II so they can bloody move on instead of repeating themselves ad nauseam. Plus the dude needs to win a tournament, because he's never going to be important to the overall plot.

Wei Phoenix
the fighting animals are old jokes and nods that stuck similar to the mokujin nod/homage.

Whats so anime about miguel? I don't know maybe his cartoon fighting full of moves in which blast his opponents back and forth across a stage.

Is fighting style is pure brawling. You have problems with the physics of the game? You think Miguel is the only character who can knock someone across a screen?

So old jokes and gags are good, new jokes and gags are bad?

Zack Fair
I like most of the new cast in Tekken 6. Didn't play much of the game, but I liked it.

0mega Spawn
Is fighting style is pure brawling. You have problems with the physics of the game? You think Miguel is the only character who can knock someone across a screen?

So old jokes and gags are good, new jokes and gags are bad?
Most of his moves blast you across the screen wtf have you even played the game?
Thats not a physics problem its his moveset problem.
All characters have moves that can blast their opponent across the screen he however has an abundance of these.

Yes new to jokes and gags are bad when not related to anything and random...and lars stupid azz being important to the story

Wei Phoenix
Most of his moves blast you across the screen wtf have you even played the game?
Thats not a physics problem its his moveset problem.
All characters have moves that can blast their opponent across the screen he however has an abundance of these.

Yes new to jokes and gags are bad when not related to anything and random...and lars stupid azz being important to the story

So you're upset because he has more than others? Did you see his ending? That dude was knocking people the hell out and far away.

I'm sorry that the son of Heihachi was important to the story. Well Bob was so good and interesting of a character, that Street Fighter made a character very similar to him. Bob is a very unique and refreshing character to the pool of fighting archetype characters.

0mega Spawn
So you're upset because he has more than others? Did you see his ending? That dude was knocking people the hell out and far away.

I'm sorry that the son of Heihachi was important to the story. Well Bob was so good and interesting of a character, that Street Fighter made a character very similar to him. Bob is a very unique and refreshing character to the pool of fighting archetype characters.
im not upset at anything. Im just pointing out that tekken is slowly changing into anime cartoon mess where morbidly obese men flip about better than the finest acrobat, robot women throw their heads at you and project chainsaws larger than their arm (out of their arm), bosses take up half the screen, a pallet swap of jin with more cartoony movement and anime hair. Tekken has never taken itself too seriously but now its becoming a complete joke

Demonic Phoenix
So Tekken 7 location testing was done recently.

Most of the updates to the gameplay are discussed here:
_Ai432qdzN4

0mega Spawn
So Tekken 7 location testing was done recently.

Most of the updates to the gameplay are discussed here:
_Ai432qdzN4
Rage arts? Wtf?
Bounds being removed is the only good new ive heard.
I guess ill be waiting for tekken 8 :sad:

Tzeentch
They're still making these games?

Zack Fair
smh

Tzeentch
ily, Zack.

Zack Fair
<3

SSJVegeta
The new boss of Tekken 7: Kazumi Mishima, Kazuya's mom

JayDaDon
I used to spend alot of time on Fighters Generation in junior high(10 plus years ago), glad to see it's one of the few fansites that got bigger and better.

Bro SMASH
Akuma trailer:

QRXb9ppFicQ

Estacado
Not sure if I like....ermm

Bro SMASH
Yeah, I can't say I like it either. It's interesting to see how a Street Fighter character will work in a Tekken but I thought that's what Tekken X Street Fighter was for so to me, this is kind of pointless.

Estacado
Yeah, I can't say I like it either. It's interesting to see how a Street Fighter character will work in a Tekken but I thought that's what Tekken X Street Fighter was for so to me, this is kind of pointless.
Think it doesnt even look good.
I like Akuma have nothing against him but this was just unnecessary.

Bentley
They should add Lucario instead.

Demonic Phoenix
Lrpkt4OPOGo

Gouki apparently has a super meter. Jin's Rage juggling was ridiculous. Paul's 2p costume is badass. Nina's gonna make an appearance thankfully, but she has such a ridiculous rage art.

Kazenji
b2pv95-YIbQ

quanchi112
Think it doesnt even look good.
I like Akuma have nothing against him but this was just unnecessary. Heihachi would break Akuma.

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
Heihachi would break Akuma.

thumb up

Jmanghan
bump

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
bump

Why?

Kazenji
So this one is out now..

Estacado
I checked the ending while I liked how Kazuya beat him I found it stupid how Heihachi overpowered a fully transformed Devil.

cdtm
Is Paul Phoenix still a joke character?

I haven't really followed the tiers since Tekken 3 or 4, but I remember Paul was like SS tier in 3.

And every Tekken after paints him as kind of a goofball, and I rarely hear his name talked about for god tier's (That's always Devil Jin and such..)

Zack Fair
You mean story wise?

cdtm
You mean story wise?

Yeah, story wise.

And wondering if he's ever seen those S tiers again.

Was it a one time thing like Ken Masters in Street Fighter 3? (I'm no expert, but generally Ryu and Ken are around mid tier or so, not the "just below god tier" that Ken was.)

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by cdtm
Is Paul Phoenix still a joke character?

I haven't really followed the tiers since Tekken 3 or 4, but I remember Paul was like SS tier in 3.

And every Tekken after paints him as kind of a goofball, and I rarely hear his name talked about for god tier's (That's always Devil Jin and such..)

7 has him fighting Panda in canon, and running away from Feng in a comical fashion in one of the endings.

So yeah, he's still a joke story wise, though definitely not one in-game.

As far as story-wise power goes, who knows, but he's not hanging around with the Mishimas feat-wise. In 4 he was probably at his weakest because he was beaten by Kuma II. 5 has him return the favour, but he has to drop out afterwards. Dunno what happened in 6, but the intro video has him matching Bryan, a cyborg who laughs off tank shells.

Estacado
Kazuya in devil form is pretty baws considering how easily he survived that satellite attack and after that he casually blasted it in outer space without any effort.

Darkstorm Zero
Well well well... Having played this, beating the story, and watching all the cutscenes again, I must say that this game certainly answers some questions about the story, and raises many more interesting questions and theories.

Hmm, I remember saying a few theories a few years ago, and while all those are still proven true, there's much more meat on it now.

I could speak for a while on this, but Harada is to be commended, he somehow managed to paint Heihachi somewhat as a sympathetic character despite all he did. Although his reason for sealing Jinpachi beneath Honmaru still escapes me.

Huh, people may ask me a lot about how my old theory of the Devil Gene has changed with much of these new revelations. But, I'll answer this a little later when I have organized my thoughts.

Demonic Phoenix
Kazuya in devil form is pretty baws considering how easily he survived that satellite attack and after that he casually blasted it in outer space without any effort.

And that was his weaker form to boot.

Estacado
Yup.
Its pretty retarded how well Heihachi did against him.

Still Im afraid Jin will whoop him in 8 or kill him.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Well well well... Having played this, beating the story, and watching all the cutscenes again, I must say that this game certainly answers some questions about the story, and raises many more interesting questions and theories.

Hmm, I remember saying a few theories a few years ago, and while all those are still proven true, there's much more meat on it now.

I could speak for a while on this, but Harada is to be commended, he somehow managed to paint Heihachi somewhat as a sympathetic character despite all he did. Although his reason for sealing Jinpachi beneath Honmaru still escapes me.

Huh, people may ask me a lot about how my old theory of the Devil Gene has changed with much of these new revelations. But, I'll answer this a little later when I have organized my thoughts. But you haven't answered the really important question: can Akuma still solo the Tekkenverse?

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by NemeBro
But you haven't answered the really important question: can Akuma still solo the Tekkenverse?

Heheheh, I was wondering who was going to raise that point again smile

If the Akuma from Tekken 7 is the same Akuma as from Street Fighter, then he was holding way back in Tekken 7 when compared to his showings in say Street fighter Alpha 2, or Super Street Fighter 4.

That being said though, The Tekken mains, IE: Kazuya and Heihachi, both managed to hang with Akuma for a long time each. TBH, I was more surprised Heihachi managed to hang as long as he did, then go on to assert that Kazuya would need to activate his devil form to manage the same feat.

However, Harada managed to hold true to Akuma's character, and wrote him into the saga in the best and most badass way possible.

Demonic Phoenix
Yup.
Its pretty retarded how well Heihachi did against him.

Still Im afraid Jin will whoop him in 8 or kill him.

Heihachi has always been a bawss. I wouldn't​ be surprised if he survived. He has to be in 8.

I think there's a statement in there somewhere about Devil Jin being more powerful than Kazuya's Devil. Which is weird, but the Devil Gene has been retconned.

Demonic Phoenix
Heheheh, I was wondering who was going to raise that point again smile

If the Akuma from Tekken 7 is the same Akuma as from Street Fighter, then he was holding way back in Tekken 7 when compared to his showings in say Street fighter Alpha 2, or Super Street Fighter 4.

That being said though, The Tekken mains, IE: Kazuya and Heihachi, both managed to hang with Akuma for a long time each. TBH, I was more surprised Heihachi managed to hang as long as he did, then go on to assert that Kazuya would need to activate his devil form to manage the same feat.

However, Harada managed to hold true to Akuma's character, and wrote him into the saga in the best and most badass way possible.

Probably isn't the same Akuma. I have no idea how they would reconcile Akuma canonically being a part of the Tekken-verse and the SF-verse outside of a shared universe (which itself is stupid) or dimension hopping.

Akuma has (non-canonically) appeared in Asura's Wrath after all, and he was way more powerful than standard Akuma there.

Darkstorm Zero
Probably isn't the same Akuma. I have no idea how they would reconcile Akuma canonically being a part of the Tekken-verse and the SF-verse outside of a shared universe (which itself is stupid) or dimension hopping.

Akuma has (non-canonically) appeared in Asura's Wrath after all, and he was way more powerful than standard Akuma there.

I'm not too sure, but Harada and Ono have been friends since high school, and probably helped each other create the story together. The only barrier is between the companies.

That said, Akuma is now a canon Tekken character as much as he is to Street fighter, the way he was written into the story.

Estacado
Heihachi has always been a bawss. I wouldn't​ be surprised if he survived. He has to be in 8.

I think there's a statement in there somewhere about Devil Jin being more powerful than Kazuya's Devil. Which is weird, but the Devil Gene has been retconned.
Well they fought in the Tekken 6 prequel movie and Devil Jin whooped Devil Kazuya badly once he gained control...

Darkstorm Zero
Well they fought in the Tekken 6 prequel movie and Devil Jin whooped Devil Kazuya badly once he gained control...

Thats the thing, Jin, thanks to his Kazama heritage, was able to naturally assert control over the power of the Devil Gene in a way Kazuya and Kazumi couldn't.

Estacado
Well Kazuya seems to have complete control as well I mean he does transform back and forth at will and can even partially use it like when he took down the satellite.

Jin's transform in the movie also had 2 stages maybe thats why he is more powerful?

Also in 4 didnt they say Jin took like half of Kazuya's devil power?

Btw I prefer Tekken 7 full Devil Kazuya over Blood Vengeance design.

Darkstorm Zero
Well Kazuya seems to have complete control as well I mean he does transform back and forth at will and can even partially use it like when he took down the satellite.

Jin's transform in the movie also had 2 stages maybe thats why he is more powerful?

Also in 4 didnt they say Jin took like half of Kazuya's devil power?

Btw I prefer Tekken 7 full Devil Kazuya over Blood Vengeance design.

What I mean is that Jin's control is natural, while Tekken 4 established Kazuya's control as scientifically enhanced.

Of course, Jin had to fight for that control, hence the beastial form he had in Blood Vengeance.

And I agree, this full Devil Kaz is baws.

Darkstorm Zero
I JUST achieved the rank of True Tekken God with Akuma at 326 wins and 1 loss

Darkstorm Zero
And at 359 wins and 1 loss, I achieved Tekken God Prime.

Darkstorm Zero
Well then, here's the update on my Devil Gene theory -

Well, here's the thing, the Hachijou clan must have it's roots dating 4000 years to the days of Azazel, considering the creature is the confirmed source of the Devil Gene. The Hachijou clan had predicted that Heihachi would become a threat to the world and spread chaos, hence they sent in Kazumi to prevent it, even if it meant killing him. And for five years Kazumi had infiltrated Jinpachi's dojo, learning their arts, and earning Heihachi's affection. She even fell in love with him, married him, and gave him a son. But when Heihachi finally usurped Jinpachi and reformed the Mishima Clan into the Mishima Zaibatsu, Kazumi felt she could no longer prevent it, and felt she had to kill Heihachi after all. I don't think she desired it, I don't think she wanted to do it, but she felt like she had to do it. The prophecy of Azazel's return was something the Hachijo's didn't want to come to fruition, and to that end they assassinated anyone with the potential to be one of the two clashing dark stars.

On the other side of that coin, Heihachi, while a ruthless businessman and powerful martial arts fighter as good as his father was, I don't think Heihachi wanted global domination to begin with. I think that he would have been content simply living with Kazumi and his son, and only usurped Jinpachi because he grew frustrated at what he saw as incompetence and refusal to change with the times. However, the night when Kazumi attacked him and he was forced to kill her, a lot had changed. Kazumi revealed she was not purely a human being, but a devil sent to kill him, and he defended himself. I'm certain Heihachi didn't want to do it either. But he did, and he did because he felt it was his responsibility to stop the Devils plans. Thus why he followed up with trying to kill Kazuya, even though the boy was innocent of any wrongdoing.

However, Heihachi, despite now having real reasons for doing what he did, is still not an innocent man, because after Jinpachi found out about what Heihachi had done, tried to reclaim the Zaibatsu from Heihachi, to which Heihachi had his father sealed beneath Honmaru to starve to death alone in darkness holding up a support foundation.

So, in a way, the Hachijou plot to stop Azazel's return, was in fact perpetuated by their own actions.

cdtm
I JUST achieved the rank of True Tekken God with Akuma at 326 wins and 1 loss

Is he very op?

Darkstorm Zero
Is he very op?

He can be. But it's more because the AI is doggedly shit at dodging hadoukens at anything other than close up.

However, if your referring to PVP, then yeah, he can be quite broken with the Gou Shoryuken simply blasting through anything in close.

Demonic Phoenix
Official Tekken Retro recaps. These were pretty good.

Q450qXomjo8

bVhXa0jx-mw

So apparently, Kazuya never beat Paul in T1 like I thought. They drew. Also confirms that Devil Jin > Devil, and that Jin can use the power of his Devil Gene at will.

That said, the way they presented Kazuya leaving Jun was pretty hilarious.

Darkstorm Zero
Paul was pretty baws in Tekken until TTT rendered him a joke. The last serious storyline for Paul ended in T4.

Jin can't always control it, hence why he nuked a forest with it.

And yeah :P, that wasn't too far off the mark actually. Kaz is a bad dad :P

Demonic Phoenix
Haven't played TTT, so what happened in it? I had thought it was T5 where they started to turn him into the resident clown.

Oh, was referring to the T6 portion where Jin says that the Devil Gene makes him a match for Azazel and then he powers up.

Darkstorm Zero
Haven't played TTT, so what happened in it? I had thought it was T5 where they started to turn him into the resident clown.

Oh, was referring to the T6 portion where Jin says that the Devil Gene makes him a match for Azazel and then he powers up.

Basically put, his and law's ending were... a joke, where they were practicing kata and ended up kicking each other on the balls simultaneously.

Hmm, it may have changed when he managed to beat Azazel.

FistOfThe North
Josie Rizal is my girl now since they took Bruce away, a character i've been primarily playing as since the 90's ..

cdtm
So is there going to be another Tekken Tag Tournament?

Those things kind of make the core series redundant. Especially with the 1 vs 1 option, at the very least they should have made tags mandatory to give "some" reason for regular Tekken games..

Kazenji
So they're going to be adding The Walking Dead's Negan to this game

should've went with one of the character's from the Yakuza games imo.

Nemesis X
Remember when Tekken had fighters that use fists? If we're throwing Negan with his trusty barbwire covered baseball bat in a Namco game, it should've been Soul Calibur where everyone has a weapon IMO.

Eon Blue

Ridley_Prime
iQUTmNBIr78

Kazenji
Started playing the 7th game and also alot of the season pass's are currently on sale on the PSN store.

cdtm
Wouldn't throw any more money at this trash.

It's The Akama show as is. What a horrible idea, adding him into the game, completely out of place!

Kazenji
Wouldn't throw any more money at this trash.

Yeah, Because your such an expert on quality... roll eyes (sarcastic)

StyleTime
Tekken 7 is great.

I don't know what the Akuma comment is even about. I run into an Akuma player like once every 20 years.

Even in the pro scene, he's not super common. Sure he's strong as hell, but how many actually use him? Super Akouma? Chikurin?

Pre-nerf Leroy was a waaaaay bigger problem. Evo Japan 2020 had 7 Leroy's in the top 8 lol. It's generally pretty balanced even at the high levels though, other than blips like that.

Kazenji
I seem to go with Hwoarang or Law for my go to fighters with the Tekken games

i've tried out Negan he seems to be decent with some his moves.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.