Games No one else likes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lek Kuen
So yeah say any games you've liked that either most people hate, or got trashed by critics yet you still think it's a good game. Say why also.

Estacado
Dark was a pretty cool game.
It could have used more polish but I liked it except for the last boss fight that was really shitty.
It was a fun stealth game with vampire powers.

Nephthys
Alpha Protocol. One of the best RPG's I've ever played imo, but most people think it's pretty shit.

Estacado
Predator Concrete Jungel.
It had shitty reviews but imo it was the best Predator game ever.
Solid tps gameplay with lot of weapons and upgrades ,unlockable armors.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Nephthys
Alpha Protocol. One of the best RPG's I've ever played imo, but most people think it's pretty shit.

The gameplay's shit. I've only ever really seen praise for the story and RPG mechanics though.

Nephthys
It's not shit, merely mediocre. Plus I really get a kick out of all those throat stabs. I just don't see it as a negative part of the game.

Its gameplay is just as good as the first Mass Effect and no one shits on that game.

NemeBro
It's not shit, merely mediocre. Plus I really get a kick out of all those throat stabs. I just don't see it as a negative part of the game.

Its gameplay is just as good as the first Mass Effect and no one shits on that game. Having bad to mediocre gameplay is, in fact, a negative quality.

Mass Effect doesn't do dumb shit like tout the option to not polish combat skills at all, then give you mandatory boss battles.

Anyway: Dragon Age 2.

FinalAnswer
Its gameplay is just as good as the first Mass Effect

So it's shit.

Nephthys
Mediocre means average, 5/10. Its not good or bad.

That's never touted. Its a part of the game that you need some combat skills. You'll only fall into that pit if you literally go out of your way to do so. In fact, as I recall the tutorial directly tells you that at some points you'll need some combat skills.

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
So it's shit.

And one is a modern classic, the other reviled by all.

-Pr-

This was my answer. The combat wasn't actually terrible imo (you had to level up things like accuracy etc), but the stealth system was truly awful.

As an RPG though, it had one of the best dialogue systems I've ever played.

==

Dragon Age 2 would be one of mine. It does have a lot of issues, but it does some things even better than Origins (as heretical as that might seem). The characters are for the most part, exceptionally well-written. it adds a ton of lore to the world in new and interesting ways. There is plenty to love for anyone that likes western RPGs.

Aliens Vs. Predator. This is the 2010 version. Did it have its faults? Yes, it did. It also, imo, had the kind of atmosphere during the marine campaign that I felt an alien game should have. Some really enjoyable moments.

ares834
Originally posted by NemeBro

Good one. I actually prefer DA2 to DA:O.

Smasandian
Dragon Age 2

And Medal of Honor. I really enjoyed that game. It felt more real than Call of Duty was.

Bardock42
I really liked Skyrim. You guys know it?

LeonBuco666
Both games were pretty fun, but got mostly poor reviews from critics.

Although P2 was a shitfest of a story, solid gameplay.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Bardock42
I really liked Skyrim. You guys know it?

I have never heard of it??? Must be shit.

NemeBro
Originally posted by LeonBuco666

Although P2 was a shitfest of a story, solid gameplay. Prototype 1 has like an 80% on metacritic or something, lol.

So did 2, but it fared worse with actual players.

KingD19
Divinity 2: Ego Draconis

It had a pretty nice combat system(although the actual delivery wasn't amazing).

And you get to turn into a f*cking dragon!

NemeBro
I love Divinity 2: Ego Draconis.

jinXed by JaNx
Some of the ones listed below will be a dozen or so that i think of off the top of my head from the last console life cycle. However, the number overlooked game of the last era was definitely...,ENSLAVED The remaining i will try keep rated as high sevens or lower...,

One of my alltime favs..,Chroncles of Riddick

Godfather 2
Eat Lead
Raiden Fighters
Wolverine- Xmen ORigins
Darkness
Darkness2
Syndicate
Cursed Cusade
Wolfenstein
Dark Sector
Legendary
Too Human
Dark Void
Blur

Lek Kuen
Too Human was weird, but I did enjoy it

Estacado

Although P2 was a shitfest of a story, solid gameplay.
P2 was awesome!
However it only got the hate cause Alex went nuts.
Gameplay wise imo it's one of the best superhero games you can play on the 360.

Also I think im one of the few who couldnt give a shit about Mercer's death.
As a character he was uninteresting besides having a sister and being a lab rat we didnt know anything about him.Oh and he wears a hoodie.

Lek Kuen
That hoodie makes him relateable, noob

Estacado
thumb up
Indeed.
Before P1 came out every god damn moron was comparing it to Assassin's Creed cause Alex was wearing a damn hoodie.ermm

Kazenji
Koudelka.

The Renegade

It's not one of the best I've played but I definitely loved Alpha Protocol.

Originally posted by NemeBro

^ That forever. In many ways, this game surpassed the first. The hate it generated by players is remarkably unfair.

Fallschirmjäger
I have never heard of it??? Must be shit.

What's really shitty about the game is when you take an arrow to the knee, or someone steals your sweet roll wink

FinalAnswer

Nemesis X

Bentley
Monster Hunter 3!

But in a more serious note, an old game called Fighter Destiny on the N64 proved to be more fun than expected back in the day. Also, Hexen is dope!

Kazenji
People hated Hexen?

that game was ****en awesome.

Impediment
Clive Barker's Jericho.

Tzeentch
bioshock

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Impediment
Clive Barker's Jericho.

thumb up

Also Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Estacado
thumb up
Indeed.
Before P1 came out every god damn moron was comparing it to Assassin's Creed cause Alex was wearing a damn hoodie.ermm

Lol, I know.

The new Assassins Creed looks good, def be buying that, hopefully its not just another hyped up piece of shit!

Both prototype games had shitty stories really, but both were really fun.

Estacado
Lol, I know.

The new Assassins Creed looks good, def be buying that, hopefully its not just another hyped up piece of shit!

Just got P2 again.
Since I have a new profile gonna get a 1000 gs again.
Vehicle finishers ,ripping of weapons from tanks and choppers,using tentacles were so much fun.

Castlevania Lords Of Shadow 2 despite the shitty stealth parts I loved it.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Bentley
Monster Hunter 3!

But in a more serious note, an old game called Fighter Destiny on the N64 proved to be more fun than expected back in the day. Also, Hexen is dope!
Fighter's Destiny... Such an underrated gem.

Terminated! 3 points won!

Fallschirmjäger
Originally posted by Kazenji
People hated Hexen?

that game was ****en awesome.

I thought Hexen was cool. I also have (and still play) the 3D FX version of Hexen 2 on my old machine upstairs in the one bedroom. Ialso have an expansion called "Portal Of Praevus" that takes it a step or two further.

Fallschirmjäger
Lol, I know.

Prototype 1 and 2 were fun. Nothing like being able to fly from one building to another, or pull an Apache chopper out of the sky and slam it into a building. I also liked the elbow smash that allowed you to pulverize tanks. Both games were sandbox PLUS in that regard!

Fallschirmjäger
Originally posted by Nemesis X
thumb up

Also Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse.

Still have my copy for the original XBox, and I play it on the '360 in BC mode. Fun game!

Kazenji

Reflassshh
Devil may cry 4, people always spit shit about this game, to me is the most refined hack and slash ever made with charismatic characters and a good story.

RE outbreak files 1 and 2: they were the last classic style RE games, that along with the variety of guns, characters , enemies and situations made them awesome.

Re survivor: Scary and interesting enough to not being the trash everyone say it is.

Quincy
The Bouncer
Enslaved

Lek Kuen
Enslaved was pretty well liked. Last I checked most people thought it was a good game

Wei Phoenix

I loved Alpha Protocol too. The dialogue was great. Thornton was as bad ass as Stan Smith. I feel like that game only needed a sequel to improve on everything and become a good series.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Quincy
The Bouncer
Enslaved

Winner: Duragon C. Mikado!

Arachnid1
Hey y'all, the Xbox One gave a free download code for Limbo to all the early adopters. If you're an early adopter, check your messages on live for the code. I'm downloading it right now.

I hear the game is actually pretty good, and a stupid easy 1000 gamerscore points.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Devil may cry 4, people always spit shit about this game, to me is the most refined hack and slash ever made with charismatic characters and a good story.
The only thing that bothered me about this game was it had like a million cinematic lol.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Hey y'all, the Xbox One gave a free download code for Limbo to all the early adopters. If you're an early adopter, check your messages on live for the code. I'm downloading it right now.

I hear the game is actually pretty good, and a stupid easy 1000 gamerscore points.

lol I checked my mail...haven't gotten it. I have however gotten a message with my stats. Im in the top 5% of time spent playing xbox and in the top 1% at earning Achievements and top 1% for the amount of gamerscore I have. I feel like I should get something damn it lol

Quincy
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Winner: Duragon C. Mikado!

That's whats up

Arachnid1
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
The only thing that bothered me about this game was it had like a million cinematic lol.

lol I checked my mail...haven't gotten it. I have however gotten a message with my stats. Im in the top 5% of time spent playing xbox and in the top 1% at earning Achievements and top 1% for the amount of gamerscore I have. I feel like I should get something damn it lol Its not in your mail. Thats what I thought at first too. If you are an early adopter, sign onto your live account on your one and check your messages.

BlackZero30x
Ooh Ok I'll check

Smasandian
DmC. I don't play Devil May Cry games and I have no attachment to the characters but I really enjoyed this game. I thought the cinematics were great, the action was intense and it had a really, really cool vibe to it. Very interesting game.

BloodRawEngine
Hokuto Musou, or Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage, the Dynasty Warriors spin-off based on the manga/anime. It has its own fair share of flaws, namely in the rather slow controls, bland environments/level design, and of course the ultimately niche gameplay of the Warriors series that's either addictive or repetitive depending on your opinion. Suffice it to say that I'm just part of that niche. I grew up with a love for all things action/beat 'em up, and hell, my first game ever was Streets of Rage.

As far as Warriors games in general go, it's not even really the most polished, but like most spin-offs, it had some ideas that I really do think could benefit the rest of the Warriors series and other spin-offs, namely the dozen or so Musou attacks per character, and the ability to equip any four of them at once to use in battle. That's actually a bit of a nitpick of mine over Hyrule Warriors, an otherwise overall stronger more well-made Warriors spin-off.

I'll also say that aside from a few tracks, the OST was also a bit lower on the bar as far as the Warriors games go, but needless to say, the Ai Wo Torimodose remix is as much a pleasure to hear as any version of the song.

Altogether, it's a game for the fans who either also like the Warriors games, or are willing to get into them and adapt to some of this one's clunkier (for lack of a better word) bits. I ain't played the sequel, but I hear it fixed a lot of those problems, but I also hear it had a whole slew of its own that makes it possibly worse. Confirm or deny?

Estacado
Originally posted by Smasandian
DmC. I don't play Devil May Cry games and I have no attachment to the characters but I really enjoyed this game. I thought the cinematics were great, the action was intense and it had a really, really cool vibe to it. Very interesting game.
DMC was pretty damn good.
Even with the Dante reboot thing.

Kazenji
Same here i've been enjoying it, Just got it recently cheap

as for the characters with i like Vergil more then the new Dante.

Estacado
Originally posted by Kazenji
Same here i've been enjoying it, Just got it recently cheap

as for the characters with i like Vergil more then the new Dante.
Vergil being a dork hacker was kinda meh though..

Reflassshh
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
The only thing that bothered me about this game was it had like a million cinematic lol. Try MGS4 mate :P

DmC is a good game no doubts, but had a few things that bothered me like the simplified gameplay and the enemies you have to attack with a specific weapon, that limits combos mad. What I did like was the story even if the end felt like a remake of dmc3's.

Jmanghan
The Elder Scrolls: Arena

I love that game to pieces, merely because your character is Shrouded in Mystery.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.