KMC's most trashed duelists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
This thread is dedicated to the characters that get routinely trashed in every VS thread. The fighters who either had bad showings, a critical weakness, or just never caught a break during their time. Who are some of the characters this place trashes for whatever reason, and please list any reason they may be underrated or why you think theyre unsalvageable.

Emperordmb
Zannah, Revan, and Qui-gon are all quite underrated as duelists.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Zannah quite underrated duelist.
thumb down

Kalen Sykes
Obi-Wan shifty

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
Obi-Wan shifty
I've never seen Obi-wan underrated very much as a duelist. Just as a force wielder.

Fated Xtasy

Emperor's list is spot on thumb up

I'd say, Kyle Katarn, Jaden Korr, Malak is heavily underrated despite having a quote that calls him one of the greatest duelist of his time, Meetra is also underrated as she had to duel Sion five times before he finally let go of the dark side and she defeated Kreia who was hailed as a master of lightsaber combat. I'm sure there are a few more.

Kalen Sykes
I've never seen Obi-wan underrated very much as a duelist. Just as a force wielder.

I know, I was just trying to be funny. Unsuccessfully, though. On topic, Kyp Durron.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Emperor's list is spot on thumb up

I'd say, Kyle Katarn, Jaden Korr, Malak is heavily underrated despite having a quote that calls him one of the greatest duelist of his time, Meetra is also underrated as she had to duel Sion five times before he finally let go of the dark side and she defeated Kreia who was hailed as a master of lightsaber combat. I'm sure there are a few more.
thumb up

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Kyle Katarn

How is Kyle underrated?

NewGuy01
The B-Team.

Also, Traya.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
On topic, Kyp Durron.
I never seen anyone underrate Durron's lightsaber skills on the forums, to be honest.
He has been established to be on tier with Kyle Katarn and Viun Gaalan, but above Cilghal.

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I never seen anyone underrate Durron's lightsaber skills on the forums, to be honest.
He has been established to be on tier with Kyle Katarn and Viun Gaalan, but above Cilghal.

Really? I've only seen his Force feats used in debates. I was going to use Galen Marek, but the whole game=novel thing just doesn't make sense to me. Well, damn, I give up.

red8
This board underrates and overrates different characters at different times. There was a period where Vitiate and Revan were highly underrated because of backlash hate. Now they seem to be held in high regard. There was a time when Dooku was incredibly overrated on this board, now I'd say he's underrated.

Currently:

Darth Sion (most definitely)
Darth Vader
Darth Traya without giga-drain
The Jedi Exile
Satele Shan

I would say that Galen Marek has been underrated in recent times.

I would say that the most overrated characters are:

Darth Malgus
Darth Malgus
Darth Malgus
Darth Malgus
Malgus

Q99
Ones that get trashed a lot:

Cin Drallig

Darth Bandon

Johun Othone (Completely deserved, but still...)

Based
Originally posted by red8

Satele Shan

S_W_LeGenD
Some underrated characters:-

- Darth Malak
- Darth Sion
- Meetra Surik
- Darth Thanaton
- Darth Nox (natural)
- Dread Masters
- Satele Shan
- Darth Bandon
- Revan (as a duelist)
- Darth Jadus
- Darth Marr

In-fact, Dark Council members in general.

Originally posted by Q99
Ones that get trashed a lot:

Darth Bandon

Cin Drallig

Johun Othone (Completely deserved, but still...)
Come on, Cin and Johun are pathetic.

Q99
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

Come on, Cin and Johun are pathetic.

This thread is "most trashed," not "most underrated."

carthage
Seconding B team, and mentioning Darth Maladi and Eeth Koth.

Both have lost most threads I've seen them in

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Q99
This thread is "most trashed," not "most underrated."
Underrated characters get thrashed in versus threads. wink

In-fact, I would add Ven Zallow and Darth Malgus in the list as well.

Some of the characters that I have mentioned do not get the edge in debates because of their dueling abilities, it is because of their command of the Force. However, as a duelists, they are all underrated.

Q99
Originally posted by carthage
and mentioning Darth Maladi and Eeth Koth.

Agreed.

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Underrated characters get thrashed in versus threads.

Yes, but not all trashed characters are underrated.

Coleman Trebor's another trashed, non-underrated one.

Beniboybling
Darth Traya, apparently this weak old lady can barely old a lightsaber.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Darth Traya, apparently this weak old lady can barely old a lightsaber.

Yeah most people ignore the fact that she's hailed as a Master of lightsaber combat. though to be fair her force mastery is highly impressive. more so than her lightsaber abilities

Selenial
Cin Drallig definitely.

Touted as one of the finest duelists in the order despite his age, had mastered every form to a high enough degree as to teach it.

His protection bubble feat seemed pretty OP.

Even Dooku told Grevious that if he ever saw Cin Drallig, run, because Nothing in Grevious' arsenal could save him from the battlemaster.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Snake On Drugs
Let's be friends.

Friends?....

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk1abrjhpI1qfn1nro1_400.gif#laughing%20anime%20gif%20370x277

Jack you think after your pitiful insults and constant bitching at my friends and I. You think I would be stupid enough trust you enough to call us friends!? laughable, Nice try but I'm not gullible enough to trust someone as demented and screwed up as you.

Emperordmb
Vitiate is completely and utterly trashed as a duelist, and you know what? All the mean things said about Vitiate's dueling prowess...

They're all true...

NewGuy01
Oh yeah, forgot about him.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Snake On Drugs
Come on lol I never insulted you.

http://peterandsharda.com/wp-includes/Text/evil-laugh-anime-gif-i18.gif

You obviously forgot the first time I joined the forum. If I remember correctly you called me a quote "Stupid little shit" then there have been yours constant attempts at goading us and making ridiculously foolish threads in a attempt to taunt us.

So yeah imma do with you what George Lucas should done to Disney's offer. Deny!

Nephthys
Originally posted by Selenial
Cin Drallig definitely.

Touted as one of the finest duelists in the order despite his age, had mastered every form to a high enough degree as to teach it.

Even Dooku told Grevious that if he ever saw Cin Drallig, run, because Nothing in Grevious' arsenal could save him from the battlemaster.

Yeah but he got utterly trashed by Vader.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah but he got utterly trashed by Vader.

Oh no.
What a horrifically demeaning feat.
That totally makes him shit >.>

Know who else got trashed by Vader? Dooku.
One of the greatest duelists of all time.

FreshestSlice
Yeah except Vader wasn't choking out Dooku's apprentice while dueling him.

Nephthys
Plus Dooku lasted more than a few blows.

NewGuy01
I agree, to a point.

Nah, she ranks with the severely overrated category. Revan solidifies this whether y'like it or not.

I could agree to that.

I could agree to that. Her feats of skill are hardly quantifiable by any means, though.

What? I thought they were in the Vitiate category.

I'd probably put her in the overrated category, really. She's hardly any more impressive than the likes of Darth Angral, demonstrably.

Perhaps.

Depends on who you're talking to.

Maybe, but there's nothing to support that argument.

No one bashes Marr, get outta here.

Cin isn't at all pathetic, and the fact that you've paired him with Johun Othone is really ridiculous.

Selenial
Plus Dooku lasted more than a few blows.

For the choking thing, she was his Padawan, her barriers would be nothing and Anakin was fighting in a Nexus.

And yes, the Temple would have amped him as well.

As for lasting a few blows, a lot of duels are short. Sidious and Yoda barely fought before it became a force Duel, Satele vs Malgus didn't last that long, nor Maul vs Whatever the hell the death watch guy was called. Pre Vizsla?

But yeh, beaten by Vader doesn't demean him at all.

FreshestSlice
It doesn't matter. Vader still had to gesture and focus on the Padawan while fighting Drallig.

The fact that the temple is a nexus is irrelevant. Both sides are using it.

Actually all of those duels last quite a while, Yoda and Sidious aside. Either way, no one was completely outclassed in them either. Drallig was well out of his league when he fought Vader.

Beniboybling
Yeah but he got utterly trashed by Vader. I don't know, all we see is a snippet of the fight right?

How do we know it was not longer?

Nephthys
Anothe source says Drallig was defeated in a few blows.

Nephthys
Hang on, someone posted it a few months ago.

Nephthys
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/dralli10.jpg

Short exchange. Reinforced by this:

"Stone-faced, Obi-Wan watched younglings run into the room, fleeing a storm of blasterfire; he watched Cin Drallig and a pair of teenage Padawans-was that Whie, the boy Yoda had brought to Vjun?-backing into the scene, blades whirling, cutting down the advancing clone troopers with deflected bolts. He watched a lightsaber blade flick into the shot, cutting down first one Padawan, then the other. He watched the brisk stride of a caped figure who hacked through Drallig's shoulder, then stood aside as the old Troll fell dying to let the rest of the clones blast the children to shreds."
-Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

DarthAnt66
I posted it. You can tell by the link the picture is uploaded to.

Nephthys
Yes, I got it from your post. Have a granola bar.

Beniboybling
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/dralli10.jpg

Short exchange. Reinforced by this:

"Stone-faced, Obi-Wan watched younglings run into the room, fleeing a storm of blasterfire; he watched Cin Drallig and a pair of teenage Padawans-was that Whie, the boy Yoda had brought to Vjun?-backing into the scene, blades whirling, cutting down the advancing clone troopers with deflected bolts. He watched a lightsaber blade flick into the shot, cutting down first one Padawan, then the other. He watched the brisk stride of a caped figure who hacked through Drallig's shoulder, then stood aside as the old Troll fell dying to let the rest of the clones blast the children to shreds."
-Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Oh well, guess he was trolling us concerning his abilities as well.

Seriously though I expect Anakin is infinitely more powerful than Drallig - who didn't seem that special in terms of Force powers - so he should theoretically be able to blitz him ala Sidious.

I mean Fisto, Tiin and Kolar went down faster, but we don't call them mooks.

Nephthys
Anakin isn't Sidious.

Q99
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Oh well, guess he was trolling us concerning his abilities as well.

Seriously though I expect Anakin is infinitely more powerful than Drallig - who didn't seem that special in terms of Force powers - so he should theoretically be able to blitz him ala Sidious.

I mean Fisto, Tiin and Kolar went down faster, but we don't call them mooks.

I'm pretty sure Fisto lasted longer- and Tiin and Kolar were a bit off-guard.

One possibility is Cin knows the physical moves of sabers well, but is older and thus lower in physical speed and strength.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Q99
I'm pretty sure Fisto lasted longer- and Tiin and Kolar were a bit off-guard.

One possibility is Cin knows the physical moves of sabers well, but is older and thus lower in physical speed and strength. Fisto managed to block a couple of blows, while Sidious was fighting Windu.

Don't see much of a difference in that respect. Though even then I'm sure Drallig lasted longer. Fisto really didn't last long at all.

I'd by that if Dooku didn't believe he could lolspwn Grievous. I think Drallig was alright for his age.

Beniboybling
Anakin isn't Sidious. Drallig isn't Fisto, Tinn or Kolar.

Nephthys
I know, thats my point.

chilled monkey
Cin Drallig definitely.

No offence but that's hyperbole. Batman once said that the Ten-Eyed Man was "the most dangerous man alive." Yet in the actual comics he was very lame.

We go by feats here (mostly), that is we go by what actually happens, not just what someone says.

I will admit that Cin is low-balled a lot, but at the same time he's not one of the "best of the best" either.

I think this video describes him well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J0nvQ6JXRA&list=PLd9UlXo3DM_u5MH0LdRHu-FaO89TgEC4Q&index=7

Touted as one of the finest duelists in the order

Pretty much everyone is "Touted as one of the finest duelists in the order" though.

Q99
Originally posted by chilled monkey

Pretty much everyone is "Touted as one of the finest duelists in the order" though.

Of all time, even.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Q99
Of all time, even.

Not really.

Kas'im, B-Team, Qui-Gon, Sidious's apprentices, and Yoda are all that I can recall from the top of my head.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nah, she ranks with the severely overrated category. Revan solidifies this whether y'like it or not.
People tend to underrate her as a duelist. Her loss to Darth Nyriss is taken out on her.

What? I thought they were in the Vitiate category.
They are underestimated as combatants because they got arrested one time.

I'd probably put her in the overrated category, really. She's hardly any more impressive than the likes of Darth Angral, demonstrably.
She have been stated to be unbelievably fast.

Depends on who you're talking to.
Most

Maybe, but there's nothing to support that argument.
Underrated in versus threads

No one bashes Marr, get outta here.

Underrated in versus threads.

Cin isn't at all pathetic, and the fact that you've paired him with Johun Othone is really ridiculous.
Cin does not have any showing apart from loosing to Anakin in 2 or 3 seconds.

Kurk
Kylo Ren and Maul since you peasants are blind.

Trocity
Kylo is underrated for sure, but Maul? And as a duelist? No.

Kurk
Originally posted by Trocity
Kylo is underrated for sure, but Maul? And as a duelist? No.
Absolutely. There are so many blind people on here who don't recognize the full potential of Maul nevermind his current dueling abilities.

Trocity
Who cares about his full potential, we know what he's capable of as of TPM, SoD, and now Rebels.

If you're referring to his potential as in "would he eventually have surpassed Sidious?" who cares? He didn't, he's nothing to Sidious.

Most people have him equal to Kenobi in sabers but superior in telekinesis. I'd say that's exactly where Maul belongs.

Kurk
Who cares about his full potential, we know what he's capable of as of TPM, SoD, and now Rebels.

If you're referring to his potential as in "would he eventually have surpassed Sidious?" who cares? He didn't, he's nothing to Sidious.

Most people have him equal to Kenobi in sabers but superior in telekinesis. I'd say that's exactly where Maul belongs.
It's too bad you're unable to think outside the box. Maul has stomped Kenobi enough times to make it clear that Maul > Kenobi. In Rebels he has grown strong enough to contend with Vader whereas weak Kenobi rotted away on Tatooine and ultimately an heroed to Vader.

Trocity
It's too bad you're unable to think.

Kurk
It's too bad you're unable to think.
not an argument.

Trocity
Why would I argue with a thrall of quanchi? He has basically mind raped you, DE Sidious/Luke style.

And...

Kurk
Why would I argue with a thrall of quanchi? He has basically mind raped you, DE Sidious/Luke style.

And...
You are wrong. I can understand your state of mind however as I was just as naive as you. Maybe you will wisen up one day and join us.

chingchangwalla
Malak.

Balta Skywalker
Shaak Ti.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Balta Skywalker
Shaak Ti.

For good reason

|King Joker|
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
For good reason https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYT3ctPuVRw&t=0m36s

chingchangwalla
The point of showing me that was what?

|King Joker|
http://p.fod4.com/p/media/5c597eb60b/uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
It's too bad you're unable to think outside the box. Maul has stomped Kenobi enough times to make it clear that Maul > Kenobi. In Rebels he has grown strong enough to contend with Vader whereas weak Kenobi rotted away on Tatooine and ultimately an heroed to Vader. These mouth breathers don't want to accept the truth.

darthbane77
I agree, all three of them are exceptional duelists and it irritates me when I see any of them called a poor duelist.

SunRazer

Also, Traya.

Huh? I thought you had her bottom-tier, lol.

Deronn_solo
Kyp Durron, obviously.

Lack of showings, and shit tier outing against the Slayers, still plagues him to this day.

BazookaMaster
Kyp Durron sucks, being vaguely compared to two good guys doesn't mean he's equal to them.

Luke stating Viun can give a good fight to Kyle and Kyp means... the fight between them would be good. Kyle can defeat Viun in good fight, Kyp can lose in good fight and stuff like this.

Deronn_solo
Nah, saying he sucks is just appealing to ignorance. All of his previous feats (few as they maybe), accolades, and statements, point to him being good duelist.

Balta Skywalker
Shaak Ti is seriously trashed.

Balta Skywalker
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
For good reason

What do you mean for good reason? She's a great duelist and a good Force User

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.