Woman Thor vs. Uncle Ben

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmic_Beings
Who wins, the new female Thor or Uncle Ben?

rolling on floor laughing

Raisen
does woman thor have any on panel feats yet?

Stoic
She's going to be Thor, and have all of his capabilities, while the original will be far less powerful than he is at the moment. Marvel goes with another pot induced idea. Let's all give them a round of applause.

Raisen
Originally posted by Stoic
She's going to be Thor, and have all of his capabilities, while the original will be far less powerful than he is at the moment. Marvel goes with another pot induced idea. Let's all give them a round of applause.

ugh. why do they have to change the characters all the time?

bluewaterrider
Poor Uncle Ben is currently dead; how could you actually tell if he started losing this fight? What does he get if he wins?

Cosmic_Beings
Originally posted by Raisen
does woman thor have any on panel feats yet?

Just weilding Mjolnir so far

Kazenji

So you like reading the same things over & over?

Raisen
Originally posted by Kazenji
So you like reading the same things over & over?

no, but i sense you are baiting.

Stoic
I suspect that Angela may have a lot to do with this new twist on the character. I'm just wondering why they couldn't just allow Angela to shine on her own, without having to turn Thor into a woman. I'm telling you that it's pot that makes them come up with these ideas. It's gotta be. And just when you thought that Thor was done with jobbing, they turn around and give him boobs.

OnslaughtKILLS
If Uncle Ben is in the fight, that means there is an after-life and he presumably has access to unlimited knowledge and can go through the vast reaches of the cosmos.

Uncle Ben wins 10/10

Delta1938
Originally posted by Stoic
I suspect that Angela may have a lot to do with this new twist on the character. I'm just wondering why they couldn't just allow Angela to shine on her own, without having to turn Thor into a woman. I'm telling you that it's pot that makes them come up with these ideas. It's gotta be. And just when you thought that Thor was done with jobbing, they turn around and give him boobs.

uh--uh..........

............................................no.

Cosmic_Beings

To "attract more female readers", but everyone hates the idea

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Marvel-Introduces-New-Thor-She-s-a-Woman-and-She-s-Already-Hated-by-Fans-450928.shtml

Delta1938
Originally posted by Cosmic_Beings
To "attract more female readers", but everyone hates the idea

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Marvel-Introduces-New-Thor-She-s-a-Woman-and-She-s-Already-Hated-by-Fans-450928.shtml

Marvel very well may intend it to be permanent, but I doubt it will be. Still, a kick in the balls to Thor fans.

TedKordJRBOSS
what is uncle ben going to do???

Estacado
Originally posted by TedKordJRBOSS
what is uncle ben going to do???
He is gonna send her to the kitchen to hammer some beef steak.

Yamcha
Uncle Ben tells her she can't handle the great power or responsibility.

Seriously though, the change definitely irks me. As a fan of Thor I hate how they're like "WELL HE WAS A FROG ONCE" yeah..but it was still THOR inside...like that's another thing that bothers me she's not even getting a separate name but taking the mantle of Thor, like she should be named Thot, it would make things a lot less confusing "Well I'm talking about Thor" "Ahem she IS Thor" "Oh you mean Thot, no I'm talking about Thor."

I hope Stark feels bad for him being all depowered and at least makes him some sick armor and stuff so he can kinda be like Ultimate Thor in his downtime. Although I am curious how Hercules will react to Thot >.>

Cosmic_Beings
Originally posted by Yamcha
Although I am curious how Hercules will react to Thot >.>

evil face

Epicurus
Originally posted by Delta1938
Marvel very well may intend it to be permanent, but I doubt it will be. Still, a kick in the balls to Thor fans.
hysterical

They probably decided to mainstream that "female Avengers" idea from an alt universe storyline. With Thor being their unfortunate test subject, lol.

While Rage now has a legit reason to fap off to Thor(ina), Damborgson is going to suffer a relapse into his severe bouts of depression from 3 years ago. Don't know how Celey will react though.

abhilegend
Hercules is going to **** Thor, officially now.

Khazra Reborn
Has it been confirmed that the real Thor will be weakened without Mjolnir. I don't see why he would be, he's been without mjolnir before.

Estacado
Originally posted by abhilegend
haermm

SamZED
Originally posted by Estacado
He is gonna send her to the kitchen to hammer some beef steak. laughing This.

Aunt May (Ben's number one student) owned Super Skrull that humiliated Avengers. Ben stomps.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Epicurus
While Rage now has a legit reason to fap off to Thor(ina),
Nvm, just saw his reaction on this thread.

deathlife
Rage is literally losing it at the moment and I don't blame him.

The whole thing does sound pretty dumb.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Epicurus
hysterical

They probably decided to mainstream that "female Avengers" idea from an alt universe storyline. With Thor being their unfortunate test subject, lol.

While Rage now has a legit reason to fap off to Thor(ina), Damborgson is going to suffer a relapse into his severe bouts of depression from 3 years ago. Don't know how Celey will react though.

laughing

And anybody else notice the irony in a girl permanently(at least initial intention) becoming Thor means Thor-Thor losing Mjolnir, a serious phallic symbol? Intentional or seriously ****ed-up coincidence?

Rao Kal El
I think Marvel saw the female audience in the Thor movies and they are trying to cash in.

This will be temporarily, I think :/

Uncle Ben wins BTW

Supermex
To me it looks like a play on Wonder Woman type of hero..

Both Worrior types

One a hammer and the other Lasso

Both strong as ****..

Gives the avengers a strong female on the food chain..
Above any other current female heroes they currently have..

Good or bad to early to tell

Cosmic_Beings
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
I think Marvel saw the female audience in the Thor movies and they are trying to cash in.

That actually makes a lot of sense, although the Thor female audience is hooked because of Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth.

Jynocidus
what if it had to do with what PF Emma did to him?

ares834
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Has it been confirmed that the real Thor will be weakened without Mjolnir. I don't see why he would be, he's been without mjolnir before.

Of course he would be weaker. Plus, Jason Aaron mentioned that the series will have Thor losing to some Frost Giants and than Thor(ina) comes and saves his ass.

abhilegend
Originally posted by ares834
Of course he would be weaker. Plus, Jason Aaron mentioned that the series will have Thor losing to some Frost Giants and than Thor(ina) comes and saves his ass.
Someone watch over rage!!!

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Jynocidus
what if it had to do with what PF Emma did to him? Reminds me of that fanfic bran wrote about THor and Hulk..only the roles have been reversed.

zopzop
Originally posted by Jynocidus
what if it had to do with what PF Emma did to him? Originally posted by Estacado
He is gonna send her to the kitchen to hammer some beef steak. Originally posted by abhilegend
See? Normally I'd LOL my @$$ off at these comments but I feel Rage's pain. Seeing what Hickman did to the SB and the NU still pisses me off so much.

I'm hoping the sales of FemThor plummet so fast they retconn it into being some sort of alt reality.

Delta1938
Originally posted by abhilegend
Someone watch over rage!!!

I already put him on suicide watch, and took away all belts, razors, sheets and pillo cases, shoe laces and anything remotely sharp, pointy, stragable(it's a word now) or can fit in his mouth but can't properly swallow.

Placidity
It's official, she will be named Whor.

cdtm
Originally posted by ares834

Physically weaker?

Not a good thing, if so, since Herc and Beta Ray Bill are about his strength level without an amp..

Rao Kal El
From now on this is the only protection Thor will need when fighting the Hulk

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/J9/trojan-her-pleasure-lg.jpg

Delta1938
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
From now on this is the only protection Thor will need when fighting the Hulk

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/J9/trojan-her-pleasure-lg.jpg

But Hulk refuses and goes bareback.

cdtm
Originally posted by zopzop
See? Normally I'd LOL my @$$ off at these comments but I feel Rage's pain. Seeing what Hickman did to the SB and the NU still pisses me off so much.

I'm hoping the sales of FemThor plummet so fast they retconn it into being some sort of alt reality.

I agree with Rage, in that there's many women to push into the spotlight. Yet they mess with an existing character instead, using "more women" as an excuse. (Like they didn't have an all female avengers team?)

Funny how this news comes out just as news of Archie getting shot protecting a homosexual friend hits the media

Publicity stunts, obviously. And for now, it seems to be working, because this news is in all the mainstream papers, which will only encourage more attention grabbing stunts.

basilisk
I'm tired of this female Thor. Why don't they kill her off and bring back original Thor already...

Kazenji
no, but i sense you are baiting.

erm

nope, That's your job.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.