Imperial Star Destroyer vs. Enterprise-E

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
The Star destroyer has Thrawn and Vader on-board. The E has Picard and Janeway. Both start off a Light-Minute away from each other. Who wins?

Q99
Well, one masses many times over what the other does...

Unless the E-E comes up with a technobabble way to win- and it might (do something to knock the shields down or beam through them, capture the bridge or just beam a torpedo n board)... the ISD should have a solid firepower and toughness edge.

Emperordmb
ISD has Thrawn, so it almost certainly wins.

Nalaniel
Imperial Star Destroyer.

Ace Hambone
Depends who's writing the story!

Let's compare the them based on ship design and technology, tactics and magic.

SHIP DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY:
The ISD is magnitudes larger with more weapons arrays, but how do lasers and ion cannons stack up against phasers and photon torpedoes? Would the Enterprise's shield be the right thing to block the former and would the ISD's block the latter? Hard to say with no basis for comparison.

The Enterprise also has transporter technology which would create and advantage over the ISD.

Advantage: IMPERIALS, but qualified because of the apples to oranges technology comparisons.

TACTICS:
Thrawn is a tactical genius, and Vader was considered a plus tactician in TCW, but Picard is no slouch, nor is Janeway. Of course, Thrawn will not have seen any Earth or Klingon art, so he will be off his game, nor will Vader know much about his non-force sensitive foes. On the other hand, Picard and Janeway have more experience encountering new alien cultures and technology. Plus, I like the rest of the Enterprise crew over whoever the Imperials have. Data, Jeordi, Worf, Riker, Troi, et al.

Advantage: Enterprise. (And if you replaced Janeway with Kirk, a big advantage.)

MAGIC:
The Star Wars magic is the Force, while Star Trek has 'technobabble', as Q99 eloquently described it.

This depends in part on which version of the Force (movies, or which EU sources one uses). Other than his piloting skills, Vader didn't have much going for him in the movies space-battle wise. His space tactics and precog help, and he might can sense things about the Trekkers, although they are not force sensitives. Otherwise, unless he busted out some ship-to-ship force powers somewhere I don't know about, he doesn't add much to the magic equation.

On the other hand, I don't see anything limiting the Star Trek Technobabble. The other magic - Troi's sensing abilities, can match some of Vader's mind-reading type Force skills, and can help the crew tactically versus Thrawn.

Advantage: Enterprise

OVERALL: Unless the Imperials can quickly overwhelm the Enterprise with sheer size and firepower, I think the Enterprise crew prevails. But, again, as I stated above, it really depends who's writing it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.