Batman VS Captain America: CORRUPTION

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Who would be corrupted easier, Batman or Captain America?

maxivitopowe
Batman

Reshiram
Cap, Batman's willpower is far greater than Cap. Case in point he was able to keep Darkseid from possessing him.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Batman

pym-ftw
Bruce would break mentally first, as far as willingly doing wrong goes it's a toss up.

Reshiram
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111145314/3805843-2101830255-sin-b.jpg

Another good example of Batman's willpower is when he was able to reject a Sinestro Corps ring that chose him because of his ability to instill fear.

Batman's willpower and mental fortitude is far above Cap's, hell I'd even argue that Dick Grayson's mental fortitude is superior.

Caps Conscience
Bump

Werewolf582
Batman deals with some crazy ass psychopaths and always remains stable. Stalemate.

Reshiram
Originally posted by Werewolf582
Batman deals with some crazy ass psychopaths and always remains stable. Stalemate. He deals with far more mentally than Cap does. It isn't a stalemate because Cap would break mentally and fall to corruption much sooner than Bruce would.

Hell the fact that Batman doesn't kill the Joker is proof enough that his mental fortitude is head and shoulders above Cap's

Silent Master
How exactly does not killing the Joker prove that Batman's mental fortitude is above Cap's?

Reshiram
Because he's resisting the urge to kill someone who

Killed one of his side kicks/adopted son

Crippled Barbara Gordon

Murdered thousands of people

But I'd love to hear some of Cap's feats, because so far no one's showed a single feat showing Cap having comparable will power or mental fortitude.

Silent Master
So your argument is that Batman not killing the Joker takes god-like mental fortitude?

Reshiram
Above Cap's mental fortitude, but feel free to post some feats.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Reshiram

You're aware that normal people resist the urge to kill murderers everyday, right? I mean you seem to be suggesting that Cap has less mental fortitude than the average person on the street.

Reshiram
Originally posted by Silent Master
You're aware that normal people resist the urge to kill murders everyday, right? I mean you seem to be suggesting that Cap has less mental fortitude than the average person on the street. What an awful straw man.

Most people resist the urge to murder because laws are set into place to prevent people from killing each other. You murder someone, chances are you go to prison for a long time, hence why people resist. If Batman wanted to kill the Joker, or his entire rogue gallery, or every inmate in Arkham for that matter, he could of done 100x over scott free

Second, most people don't feel responsible for murders other people commit. Batman feels responsible since he continuously captures the Joker, he gets loose and goes on another killing spree.

Silent Master
I'm fairly sure that it's against the law to kill people in the DCverse, so those reasons also apply to Batman.

I think their willpower is close enough that it'll come down to personal opinion on which feat is better, so there is no point in getting into a pages long debate that is just going to end in agreeing to disagree.....I just think you picked a bad example to use as a willpower feat.

Reshiram
Pretty sure there's a law in DC Universe against vigilantism too, hasn't stopped Batman from doing it for years though.

There will power isn't close enough and Cap doesn't have a single feat to show other wise. Dick Grayson probably has a higher will power than Cap does. I didn't pick a bad example, you just tried to straw man it.

Silent Master
So now you're arguing that normal people have better willpower than Batman as they have the willpower to resist the urge to break the law?

I'm getting confused as to what point you're even trying to make now.

Reshiram
So now you're arguing that normal people have better willpower than Batman as they have the willpower to resist the urge to break the law?

I'm getting confused as to what point you're even trying to make now. Another terrible straw man, most people would murder the Joker if they could actually get away with it.

But chances are you're straw manning since you can't actually find a respectable willpower based feat for Cap.

Inhuman
On another note: i have always thought that Batmans "methods" have a lot to do as to why Gotham is full of crime and psychopaths.

If you had a guy like Punisher move into Gotham, I can see Crime going down considerably. I would feel safer in a city with Punisher around than with batman TBO.

Reshiram
Originally posted by Inhuman
On another note: i have always thought that Batmans "methods" have a lot to do as to why Gotham is full of crime and psychopaths.

If you had a guy like Punisher move into Gotham, I can see Crime going down considerably. I would feel safer in a city with Punisher around than with batman TBO. Well..Gotham is supposedly the murder capital of the United States in DC Universe.

Inhuman
Well..Gotham is supposedly the murder capital of the United States in DC Universe.

Right, because batman basically just puts psychopaths in a "time out" basically" until they are out again terrorizing Gotham. rinse repeat.

Dont know how Batman instilling fear in his foes has lasted for so long. After a while they will know they have no fear of losing their lives against him.
Punisher on the other hand would instill a different type of fear. Criminals would think twice about committing a crime because they would get their damn heads blown off.

Reshiram
Right, because batman basically just puts psychopaths in a "time out" basically" until they are out again terrorizing Gotham. rinse repeat.

Dont know how Batman instilling fear in his foes has lasted for so long. After a while they will know they have no fear of losing their lives against him.
Punisher on the other hand would instill a different type of fear. Criminals would think twice about committing a crime because they would get their damn heads blown off. Well...it'd be pretty foolhardy to deny Punisher's methods are more...effective.... although I think it'd be pretty silly to see the GCPD out of a job if Batman went on a mass killing spree.

I agree with you though, Gotham is the last place I'd want to live, even if Batman is patrolling 8-10 hours every night I wouldn't take the chance.

Silent Master
Another terrible straw man, how many people can murder someone and get away with it?

According to a quick search many thousands, including around 10,000 just in Detriot since 1960.

Inhuman
Well...it'd be pretty foolhardy to deny Punisher's methods are more...effective.... although I think it'd be pretty silly to see the GCPD out of a job if Batman went on a mass killing spree.

I think if i was a psychopath villain i would love to live in Gotham because i can basically have a playmate in batman that i can have fun with mind games and such , causing chaos and terrorizing the city and be locked up for a bit till im free to do it all again

Reshiram
According to a quick search many thousands, including around 10,000 just in Detriot since 1960. Congratulations...that's less than 1/1000 of the entire US popluation. And chances are most of those individuals would kill the Joker if they were given the opportunity

Reshiram
I think if i was a psychopath villain i would love to live in Gotham because i can basically have a playmate in batman that i can have fun with mind games and such , causing chaos and terrorizing the city and be locked up for a bit till im free to do it all again I wouldn't. I might not get killed but I wouldn't be too fond of regularly getting beaten into contraction.

maxivitopowe
Isn't that just "traction"?

Reshiram
Sounds painful

Stoic

Not sure if you will answer this, but when you speak of mental fortitude, are you speaking of Batman's ability to remain calm, cool and collected? I need to point out that batman is far more eager to pop someone in the mouth when they get out of line than Captain America is. Steve never had the billions of dollars to lean on, which in and of itself means that he may have dealt with more hardships in total, and therefore has been tempered by this. How many times has Batman just hauled off, and punched out a team mate, compared to Captain America? Not killing the Joker is what makes him a hero. The same can be said of Captain America, Daredevil, and many other characters that will not willingly cross the line.

Reshiram
Originally posted by Stoic
Not sure if you will answer this, but when you speak of mental fortitude, are you speaking of Batman's ability to remain calm, cool and collected? I need to point out that batman is far more eager to pop someone in the mouth when they get out of line than Captain America is. Steve never had the billions of dollars to lean on, which in and of itself means that he may have dealt with more hardships in total, and therefore has been tempered by this. How many times has Batman just hauled off, and punched out a team mate, compared to Captain America? Not killing the Joker is what makes him a hero. The same can be said of Captain America, Daredevil, and many other characters that will not willingly cross the line. I'm speaking about how much a character can take mentally and emotionally before they snap or in the case of this thread, fall to corruption. In this case Batman has Captain America beaten by a land slide.

Having billions of dollars didn't stop Bruce from witnessing his parents get iced in front of him, it didn't stop Joker from crippling Barbara or killing Jason. The only noticeable hardship Cap had was his partner dying and it didn't affect him nearly as much as Jason's death did to Bruce.

The problem with your last sentence is that Cap has crossed the line, he was in WW2 ffs and by profession a killer. Yeah Cap isn't Punisher and will probably avoid killing his opponents if he could but isn't above doing so.

Meanwhile

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100325072227/marvel_dc/images/a/ab/Batman_045.jpg

Batman could of killed Alexander Luthor if he wanted to but didn't even though this guy was a threat to the universe and was directly responsible for the death of numerous heroes including Superboy.

I'm sure there is a theoretical point to where Batman will cross the line and kill someone but his threshold is magnitudes above Cap's.

abhilegend
Batman has certainly better showings than Cap in willpower category. Just read JLA/Spectre: Soulwar.

Bentley
Willpower is not equal to killing people awesr

They both are nothing compared to Superman, who won't cheat on Lois after years of fighting together with Diana. Frigging Bruce can't keep it in his pants with Selina.

Raisen
This is a tough one. However, people seem to forget that everything about Captain America embodies willpower IMO

Scrawny, poor kid who bravely and selflessly tries to enter the army. Too sickly, so what does he do? Volunteer for an untested experiment that will mutate him. That is will power

Civil War.
This guy is the symbol of America and he has the willpower to become what is known as a criminal, hide underground, and fight for what is right. even then he has the willpower and strength of character to turn himself in to Shield because he thinks he's wrong.

Dude could have killed Baron Zemo for "killing bucky".

The list can go on forever but i won't bunch up too much right now

Reshiram
Originally posted by Raisen
This is a tough one. However, people seem to forget that everything about Captain America embodies willpower IMO

Scrawny, poor kid who bravely and selflessly tries to enter the army. Too sickly, so what does he do? Volunteer for an untested experiment that will mutate him. That is will power

Civil War.
This guy is the symbol of America and he has the willpower to become what is known as a criminal, hide underground, and fight for what is right. even then he has the willpower and strength of character to turn himself in to Shield because he thinks he's wrong.

Dude could have killed Baron Zemo for "killing bucky".

The list can go on forever but i won't bunch up too much right now For someone who's suppose to be an embodiment of willpower, that's the saddest list of feats I've ever seen.

Bentley

Prof. T.C McAbe
http://state-lines.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/batman_zur_en_arrh.jpg

What Batman can do with his Willpower alone is beyond the likes of CA.

Raisen
For someone who's suppose to be an embodiment of willpower, that's the saddest list of feats I've ever seen.

i've got more coming. that just came off the top of my head. cap embodies willpower, no doubt. call it PIS, but half his battles are against people leagues above him; this is simply a testament to his character. Rhino, Hulk, terrax, absorbing man, and yes.....he punked classic molecule man(i know, i know)

i'm not much of a debater, so if you're going with batman i'm not the guy to change your mind. cap, imo, is designed to be marvel's testament to will power and character, akin to superman.

Reshiram
i've got more coming. that just came off the top of my head. cap embodies willpower, no doubt. call it PIS, but half his battles are against people leagues above him; this is simply a testament to his character. Rhino, Hulk, terrax, absorbing man, and yes.....he punked classic molecule man(i know, i know)

i'm not much of a debater, , so if you're going with batman i'm not the guy to change your mind. cap, imo, is designed to be marvel's testament to will power and character, akin to superman. No worries, neither am I and I try not to take it seriously, but for the record DC's testament to willpower is Hal Jordan and not Superman

DarkSaint85
Mageddon showing.
Black Glove showing
Alex Author
Ra's stealing his parents bodies
The Joker
Emperor Joker
Sinestro ring

Though as a counterpoint, when he had Superman's powers, he got nasty quickly.

Raisen
i know this is frowned upon but this marvel wikia stat is true.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Captain_America_(Steven_Rogers)

Indomitable Will: Rogers is a very strong-willed person. He is able to overcome most forms of temptation and resist the effects of extreme pain, drugs and toxins to a great extent. Rogers accepts his own mortality, and refuses to rob any sentient creature of its freedom. During the Forever War, he destroyed the Forever Crystal, deciding it was too dangerous to exist, despite the many benefits of its power. Rogers is also capable of resisting all forms of mind control; only the strongest willed individuals have a chance of enslaving him

Reshiram
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Mageddon showing.
Black Glove showing
Alex Author
Ra's stealing his parents bodies
The Joker
Emperor Joker
Sinestro ring

Though as a counterpoint, when he had Superman's powers, he got nasty quickly. There was also Darkseid trying to possess his body

There's also this

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7015/3353031-gl_09_022.jpg

Batman is able to operate a GL ring. More importantly Hal gave Bruce the opportunity to put his parents murder behind him but he said he didn't want to since he needed that memory to be Batman.

Raisen
captain america can wield mjolnir just as batman can wield the ring.

these guys are both great examples of willpower, even amongst super heroes.

Reshiram
captain america can wield mjolnir just as batman can wield the ring.

these guys are both great examples of willpower, even amongst super heroes. .....Mjolnir isn't a willpower based weapon, the Ring is. And that wasn't the point, the point was that Bruce was given an opportunity to put his parents death behind him and didn't.

Cap has some decent showings but maybe when he can keep someone like Darkseid from possessing his body, or keep willfully torment himself psychologically on a daily basis, he might be in the same ballpark

Prof. T.C McAbe
From what I have read till now. CA is worthy of Mjolnir, a great fighter who can hang with big guys. All good and dandy but this has nothing to do with willpower.
Batman's feats presented in this thread are by far superior.

abhilegend
No worries, neither am I and I try not to take it seriously, but for the record DC's testament to willpower is Hal Jordan and not Superman
That's why Hal as Spectre conceded that Superman had greater willpower?

Reshiram
Originally posted by abhilegend
That's why Hal as Spectre conceded that Superman had greater willpower? I wasn't trying to argue that Hal has better willpower, I was implying that Hal is the go to guy when it comes to willpower. I'd even argue that Bruce has more willpower than Hal does.

I remember an old issue of Action Comics when they were searching for a candidate for the GL Ring for that sector and that Supes would of been a candidate except he wasn't from that sector.

Raisen
Originally posted by abhilegend
That's why Hal as Spectre conceded that Superman had greater willpower?

IYO who has greater will power in this thread?

Reshiram
Here we go, Action Comics 642 where Superman was a candidate but Superman wasn't eligible since he wasn't from the sector.

pym-ftw
Cap resisting Red Skull through sheer willpower and dimension Z are among Cap's best imho.
--------------------------------------------------------

Idk what level of stupid you need to be to view being worthy of a GL ring > worthy of mjoinir.

You have tens of thousands of Green Lanterns and what low teens of people who can use mjoinir...

Bruce's highs are crazy but we have also seen him break mentally more than once, Cap really hasn't in any exploitable way.

Raisen
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Cap resisting Red Skull through sheer willpower and dimension Z are among Cap's best imho.

Idk what level of stupid you need to be to view being worthy of a GL ring > worthy of mjoinir.

You have tens of thousands of Green Lanterns and what low teens of people who can use mjoinir...

Bruce's highs are crazy but we have also seen him break mentally more than once, Cap really hasn't in any exploitable way.

THANKS FOR THE HELP. i couldn't put this into words.

Prof. T.C McAbe

The level of stupid that makes you ignore the fact that being worthy of a GL ring = having a superior willpower, while being worthy of Mjolnir = having the attributes of a nobel warrior, and ignoring on top that this thread is about who has the greater Willpower.

Raisen
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
The level of stupid that makes you ignore the fact that being worthy of a GL ring = having a superior willpower, while being worthy of Mjolnir = having the attributes of a nobel warrior, and ignoring on top that this thread is about who has the greater Willpower.

is willpower not a characteristic of a noble warrior?

pym-ftw
The level of stupid that makes you ignore the fact that being worthy of a GL ring = having a superior willpower, while being worthy of Mjolnir = having the attributes of a nobel warrior, and ignoring on top that this thread is about who has the greater Willpower. Originally posted by Raisen
is willpower not a characteristic of a noble warrior? this

Raisen
this

i know you must have some scans of cap resisting tp. he's got some, i know. starfox for an example.

Prof. T.C McAbe
is willpower not a characteristic of a noble warrior?

Not the primary tbh. Sure all human attributes are important, but Hal wouldn't be able to lift mjolnir, because even though he has a superior Willpower he is simply not a worthy warrior. It's more complicated with Mjolnir than this.
The GL ring is simple, be good, have a great Willpower, and you are in.

So no, a huge difference on the Willpower needed. And lulzworthy to even pretend it's compareable.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Xavier using tp on Thor, CA and putting them to sleep, even though they have the "Willpower" (no seriously, that has to stop) to lift Mjolnir.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2w1wfx1.jpg

pym-ftw
Sinestro is one of the most legendary GL's in the corps history. Not exactly a shining example of Gls being un-corruptable.

I'd say Hal's fears would hold him back from lifting mjoinir more rhan a lack of a warriors spirit. But honestly we are kinda veering way off track.

pym-ftw
Xavier using tp on Thor, CA and putting them to sleep, even though they have the "Willpower" (no seriously, that has to stop) to lift Mjolnir.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2w1wfx1.jpg that scene is retarded, Cap has the same shield issue TP scrubbers Jessica has...

abhilegend
IYO who has greater will power in this thread?
Batman definitely.Originally posted by pym-ftw

That's why he went in depression and became Nomad, right?Originally posted by Reshiram
Here we go, Action Comics 642 where Superman was a candidate but Superman wasn't eligible since he wasn't from the sector.
You think I don't know that?

And is Thor being considered having better willpower than Hal? ****ing scarlet witch has better willpower than him.

http://i9.tinypic.com/52emkh0.jpg

Let alone someone like Hal "highball" Jordan!

pym-ftw
Reshiram had a breakdown he wont be responding to you lol.

Raisen
this seems to be turning into a company battle. how shitty

pym-ftw
Well atleast the lowballing hasn't started yet.

Raisen

it kind of has. anybody debating against cap seems to think he doesn't even deserve to be in this thread. imo this a damn good thread and a close one at that

DarkSaint85
Being second to Batman isn't anything to be ashamed about.

And neither are they miles apart. It's close, and both characters have high and low feats.

SamZED
laughing

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125404/3111281-3066983157-IMG_0.jpg

DarkSaint85
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9t79f2TsI1qe75sp.jpg

DarkSaint85
On the other hand......

http://moarpowah.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/carnage-takes-over-the-avengers.jpg

Silent Master

Lowballing started on page 1, when someone claimed that not murdering someone was proof that Batman has better willpower.

Raisen
Lowballing started on page 1, when someone claimed that not murdering someone was proof that Batman has better willpower.

I kind of agree. cap didn't have a chance against the mindset of the pro-bat people. it's also going to turn into a company war.

SamZED
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
On the other hand......

http://moarpowah.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/carnage-takes-over-the-avengers.jpg Interestingly enough Cap was the only one who managed to temporarily resist Carnage's mind control. Not Clint, not Ben, not Wolverine. Cletus took over a small city along with the Avengers. And few decades earlier Silver Surfer. Successfully. Fuk logic.

Magog
Batman already walks a fine line, so I'll say he would break first. Cap is the the beacon of pure heroic willpower in Marvel (as Supes is in DC)

Silent Master
Back already?

Silent Master
LOL!!!

SasuOna
batman uses pure willpower to break TP
Cap uses shield implants
goes without saying whose willpower is higher

Silent Master
@Reshiram

LOL!!!

maxivitopowe
You must be new here

Silent Master
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
You must be new here

It's Reshiram

Magog
Originally posted by Bizds
Don't worry, I won't stay, I came back after scrapping earlier to give one final slap to Silent Strawman and Pym ft dumbass. I liked this forum but these dumbasses have kind of ruined it for me. General consensus shows Batman winning by a landslide so that's good enough for me.

bye

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/sgt_schlappy/0-00.jpg

The current vote is 8-6 Bats, hardly a landslide.

Don't let door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Silent Master
At least we weren't dumb enough to argue that Batman not being a murder is some kind of impressive willpower feat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.