Team Cap vs Team Bat II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Magog
Captain America
----------
Daredevil
Black Panther
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Moon Knight
Hawkeye
Elektra
Black Widow
Agent Hill

Batman
----------
Nightwing
Wildcat
Blue Devil
Karate Kid
The Creeper
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Catwoman
Lady Blackhawk

Fight takes place in Central Park, NYC

Reshiram
Karate Kid is going to be the huge factor here, also doesn't Creeper have a regeneration factor? And wouldn't his laugh make the other team go insane?

Magog
Yeah, KK is a bit overpowered compared to the rest...but DC makes it hard to find comparable street level combatants.

Let's say for this encounter KK is dealing with a bout of mono....and Creeper has laryngitis. That ought to even it up a bit.

big grin

DarkSaint85
Current?

Magog
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Current?
I was afraid someone would pose that question....lol.

If I go with pre-crisis would that make it too lopsided? I confess my DC knowledge is much lighter than Marvel.

What if I just said everyone is at their classic peak powers?

BerserkersRage
Isn't Blue Devil pretty uber, too?

Magog
Originally posted by BerserkersRage
Isn't Blue Devil pretty uber, too?
I realize the Tier listings has him at mid-Meta and Cage at low-Meta, but I think they match up pretty well in a fight. The thing that might give him an edge would be his formal martial arts training...but Cage has been hanging out with I-F for so long you'd think some of that would have rubbed off.

abhilegend
Blue Devil has shrugged off magical explosions powerful enough to KO Captain Marvel.

erm

Magog
Hmmmm, my intent is not to low-ball BD. If his feats are at that level perhaps Team Bat needs more thought on my part. He and KK may be too uber for this match up.

embarrasment

pym-ftw
Danny can Chi tp KK. His Aoe is also being underrated imo.

Magog
Voting so far...

T-C: 3
T-B: 5

Here's how I viewed the matchups prior to discussion...

CA > BM ...(Cap 6/10)
DD > NW ...(DD 8/10)
BP > WC ...(Panther 8/10)
LC < BD ...(BD 7/10)
IF < KK ...(Kid 8/10)
MK < TC ...(Creeper 7/10)
H = GA (???)
E = BC (???)
BW = BG (???)
AG = LB (???)

I viewed the last four matchups as the deciders.

If BD and KK are too uber, then obviously Team Cap would need to sweep those last four close matchups.

erm

Prof. T.C McAbe
Captain America - Batman 5/10
----------
Daredevil - Nightwing, 3/10
Black Panther - Wildcat, 7/10
Luke Cage - Blue Devil, 3/10
Iron Fist - Karate Kid 0/10
Moon Knight - Creeper, 1/10
Hawkeye - Green Arrow, 5/10
Elektra - Catwoman, 9/10
Black Widow - Lady Blackhawk, 8/10

It doesn't matter who wins, they won't bring Blue Devil down, and besides this, KK almost everyone on this list, the best some can do is win 1-2, if they are lucky.

Magog
Okay, so it appears KK clearly needs to be replaced with someone less uber for this vs thread. Any suggestions?

I still feel LC is a decent matchup for BD, although I would give BD the win. I could have went with the Thing I suppose...but that might be too uber in the other direction. Who is a good Marvel matchup for BD?

Also, I'm not a fan of your NW over DD (7/10)....that seems way out of line. stick out tongue

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Magog
Okay, so it appears KK clearly needs to be replaced with someone less uber for this vs thread. Any suggestions?

I still feel LC is a decent matchup for BD, although I would give BD the win. I could have went with the Thing I suppose...but that might be too uber in the other direction. Who is a good Marvel matchup for BD?

Also, I'm not a fan of your NW over DD (7/10)....that seems way out of line. stick out tongue

Take Bronze Tiger or Lady Shiva. Both are more skilled than IF but he can chi amp, so this makes things interesting.

Blue Devil, hmm take him out, this is more a street level fight, people like LC or BD make almost all other fights pointless.

Dick is the best, though there might be a little bit of bias. Might be DD takes 5-6/10 stick out tongue

maxivitopowe
Magik?

Magog
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Take Bronze Tiger or Lady Shiva. Both are more skilled than IF but he can chi amp, so this makes things interesting.

Blue Devil, hmm take him out, this is more a street level fight, people like LC or BD make almost all other fights pointless.

Dick is the best, though there might be a little bit of bias. Might be DD takes 5-6/10 stick out tongue
I like your Bronze Tiger suggestion to replace KK....he's an anti-hero, but close enough.

Keep in mind, the obvious theme here is hero vs hero...no villains.

Gotta keep Cage in this one, he's an upper end street/low meta and each team needs a "muscle guy'....so who do you choose from DC?

Much better re your DD/NW matchup. cool

The Manga Guru
Karate kid and blue devil seal the victory.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.