Iron Man 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
RDJ claims that he'll make Iron Man 4 if Disney makes the right offer. Thoughts?

http://screenrant.com/robert-downey-jr-iron-man-4-disney/#at_pco=smlwn-1.0&at_si=53d04c06a5092fff&at_ab=per-2&at_pos=0&at_tot=1

marwash22
http://www.babydoesnyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/url-23.jpeg

Inhuman
The whole films budget could be going to RDJ pockets so little to no CGI or known actors smile

Esau Cairn
Read somewhere RDJ makes $75 mill a film these days...

Kazenji
I know Kevin Fiege has been saying there is a possibility of seeing the real Mandarin

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/07/23/red-skull-and-real-mandarin-could-appear-in-future-marvel-films/

BruceSkywalker
This film will happen..

Marvel knows bringing back RDJ will brig in fans all over the world

MAKE IT MARVEL

Kazenji
They need to make up for Iron Man 3, Even tho i didn't have much of a problem with it.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Kazenji
They need to make up for Iron Man 3, Even tho i didn't have much of a problem with it.

thumb up Neither did I. I left the theater entertained, more or less.

I suppose Marvel does need to make up for "ruining" Mandarin. And Iron Man 3 made a billion ****ing dollars.

quanchi112
Marvel strikes gold possibly yet again.

WhiteWitchKing
If they're making a 4, the should just do the real Mandarin. Except this time keep him as a secret reveal while promoting another big bad as the suppose villain of IM4. They need to fix it dammit. We need more badass villains, especially IM. All three of IM's villains so far are pretty tamed. Even Cap has more dangerous villains with far greater implication in the MU. Winter Soldier changed world events through assassination and Hydra secretly controlled SHIELD.

jinXed by JaNx
I really only like RDJ as Iron Man in small doses. Ever since Iron Man 2 he hasn't had anything to do except chew up dialogue and deliver one liners. There was almost some diversity in his character in IM3 but the script made the exploration into his character feel contrived. I imagine as an actor he can't be to thrilled with working with the same material again. I'm sure these movies are keeping him rom pursuing other things but I really don't think the quality of the script is much of a concern to him, if money is all he is all he is holding out for. I know he is MArvels ace in the hole but I can't imagine how much more money he needs or wants. I don't know how much he makes on the back end of the profits but I imagine close to a quarter of the budget goes to him.

DARTH POWER
^ True but it'd be a huge risk to gamble IM4 making a lot of money without RDJ.

Impediment
Marvel needs to make Iron Man 4 to apologize for Iron Man 3.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I imagine as an actor he can't be to thrilled with working with the same material again.

erm

I doubt that's the case, He seems pumped for another

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/07/23/robert-downey-jr-hints-hed-be-open-to-iron-man-4

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Impediment
Marvel needs to make Iron Man 4 to apologize for Iron Man 3.

Honestly they need to make another Awesome IM movie with RDJ. Iron Man seems to have had the Transformers effect where because the first one was so good, the sequels have all made tons of money regardless of the quality. (Of course in IM's case it's also due to him being the star of the Avengers and poster boy of Marvel studios).

erm

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/07/23/robert-downey-jr-hints-hed-be-open-to-iron-man-4

Oh he'll definitely be back.

fostersAccount
Iron man 3 was one of the worst films i've ever seen. I have no interest in seeing a fourth

ares834
Meh. I thought Iron Man 3 was fine. Mediocre, sure, but it's far from being a terrible film.

Iron Man 2, however, was downright terrible.

Tzeentch
At this point in Tony's character arc, I'd only be interested in seeing Iron Man 4 to see him die and be replaced with a successor.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
At this point in Tony's character arc, I'd only be interested in seeing Iron Man 4 to see him die and be replaced with a successor.

There's already a black Iron Man in the MCU; his name is War Machine/Iron Patriot.

Firefly218
Why the hate people? Avengers 2 will offer more character arcs for Tony to follow. Like dealing with the public backlash of creating ultron.

Maybe everyone hates Tony in Iron Man 4, and he still has to protect them. I'd be down for that.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Robtard
There's already a black Iron Man in the MCU; his name is War Machine/Iron Patriot. thumb up

Though, it doesn't even have to be Rhodes (but that'd be the ****ing shit).

Originally posted by Firefly218
Why the hate people? Avengers 2 will offer more character arcs for Tony to follow. Like dealing with the public backlash of creating ultron.

Maybe everyone hates Tony in Iron Man 4, and he still has to protect them. I'd be down for that.

A decent writer can create an infinite amount of stories surrounding a character- but the problem is that a character is in itself limited in how much it can grow. You can only change a character so much before they cease to be that person. Case in point, you may be able to create a dozen new plot-lines surrounding Tony Stark. It could be dealing with public backlash, it could be... a divorce, it could be the Civil War storyline, hell. Whatever.

But at the end of the day, Tony Stark is still at his core a smart-ass, quirky, douchy, billionaire super-genius who condescends to others and has borderline ADHD. That is Tony Stark, and there's not a whole lot about that dynamic you can change without him no longer being Tony Stark.

Personally, after seeing four movies of the quirky, douchy, billionaire super-genius who condescends to others and has borderline ADHD, I'm just no longer engaged by the character. I don't laugh at his smart-ass quips anymore, or the funny "awkwardness" of Pepper walking in on him doing some weird shit like wearing a catheter-condom that shoots lasers. The Tony Stark punch-line is losing its luster.

It's an interesting situation that I'm curious to see how Disney/Marvel handles. The cinematic universe simply can not play by the same "status quo" rules as the comics. Movie audiences are fickle, and it's only a matter of time before comic book fatigue sets in and the bubble bursts.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
thumb up

Though, it doesn't even have to be Rhodes (but that'd be the ****ing shit).

Yeah, Cheadle is fantastic, but if they're replacing RDJ for another actor, they'll probably want someone substantially younger than RDJ.

DARTH POWER
I want to see him be an alcoholic.

Inhuman
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I want to see him be an alcoholic.

Didn't they touch upon this in Ironman 2 at least for a small bit?
Is been a while since I saw im2.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ True but it'd be a huge risk to gamble IM4 making a lot of money without RDJ.

Yeah, I think the only way a solo Iron Man movie would work with a new lead would work is to introduce a new Tony Stark in an Avengers movie.

jinXed by JaNx
erm

That's good to hear. I know he had been expressing a desire to hang it up. I'd definitely like to see him dawn the armor three more times.

Kazenji
Wouldn't mind seeing Modok in a movie

yeah i know it'll be hard to pull off, But all it takes is the right people involved to get it right.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Inhuman
Didn't they touch upon this in Ironman 2 at least for a small bit?
Is been a while since I saw im2.

Yeah they've touched on it in IM2, and there were hints of it in IM1, so it naturally seemed like that would be the personal problem he faced in IM3. Considering what a great comic book arc that was. But instead they went with the panic attack thing MEH

BruceSkywalker
Cheadle dies in Age of Ultron

I have gut feeling I suspect what Iron Man 4 will be about since whatever Stark does or doesn't do in Age of Ultron will be expounded upon in Iron Man 4..

At some point Marvel will have another actor, most likely someone in the 30s to portray Stark/Iron Man, but I do not foresee that just yet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.