Batman vs Superman in a prep battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Both have 72 hours to prepare for WAR!!!!!!! Who wins?

DarkSaint85
pre/post Flashpoint?

golem370
two scenarios pre first and then post

Delta1938
Pre-FLASHPOINT, Superman generally has just had better tech. He's shown he can actually improve on Batman's technology. He has a significant advantage because he can do his prep at super speed, and his senses should give him insight to what Bruce is doing. He also has feats like simultaneously outsmarting Luthor, Brainiac and Brainiac-13 at once, and his plan to stop B13/Warworld made Imperiex Prime call him a "clever insect." And really, if they're BOTH aware they're prepping for a fight, what can Batman do? Kryptonite, magick(if he's desperate), red solar energy. What can Superman do? Prep counters, suits to deal with it, memorize a lot of spells at super speed to learn counters, ect. Really, on paper it should be a stomp, and I can't think of too much when it comes to Batman having prep on the level people argue outside alternate continuities or if he gets access to like New God tech.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Delta1938
Pre-FLASHPOINT, Superman generally has just had better tech. He's shown he can actually improve on Batman's technology. He has a significant advantage because he can do his prep at super speed, and his senses should give him insight to what Bruce is doing. He also has feats like simultaneously outsmarting Luthor, Brainiac and Brainiac-13 at once, and his plan to stop B13/Warworld made Imperiex Prime call him a "clever insect." And really, if they're BOTH aware they're prepping for a fight, what can Batman do? Kryptonite, magick(if he's desperate), red solar energy. What can Superman do? Prep counters, suits to deal with it, memorize a lot of spells at super speed to learn counters, ect. Really, on paper it should be a stomp, and I can't think of too much when it comes to Batman having prep on the level people argue outside alternate continuities or if he gets access to like New God tech.

Preboot?

I have a way, as Batman, of dealing with Superman. What would you do with your 72 hours, knowing my resources etc?

Edit: I am also assuming we are still in character? Or are Superman/Batman in full on I WILL KILL YOU mode?

Inhuman
Batman finds a way

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Preboot?

I have a way, as Batman, of dealing with Superman. What would you do with your 72 hours, knowing my resources etc?

Edit: I am also assuming we are still in character? Or are Superman/Batman in full on I WILL KILL YOU mode?

Yes, before the FLASHPOINT reboot. And really, I'm just arguing on how I see things in theory, because I really can't think of a single ****ing equivalent example from comics. 72 hours and both are prepping, and by "prep war" I'm assuming both know they're prepping.

DarkSaint85
I have a way. And its in character, and something similar has already been tried.

And I will win.

Because I am the goddamn Batman.

DarkSaint85
By now, I hope you feel a small measure of the fear that Superman would feel. Second-guessing, trying to find every loophole, consider every tactic I might be thinking of employing.

What if you tried this? But I may already have thought of it, and prepped accordingly.

What if I'm considering *****? I wouldn't go there, would I? Who knows?

Delta1938
I have a way. And its in character, and something similar has already been tried.

And I will win.

Because I am the goddamn Batman.

miffed

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Brawn.jpg

DarkSaint85
I'm keeping my tactic in my Bat pocket (GEDDIT????).

Delta1938
I'm keeping my tactic in my Bat pocket (GEDDIT????).

miffed I HATE puns(usually). I will MURDER YOUR SOUL.

golem370
Lets say Batman can come up with 10,000 ways to prepare for Superman but with his speed and the ability to think at Superspeed he could come up with 10,001 ways to counter Batman's prep and still have 10,000 more ways of his own to beat Batman. Batman is purely of matched imo.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by golem370
Lets say Batman can come up with 10,000 ways to prepare for Superman but with his speed and the ability to think at Superspeed he could come up with 10,001 ways to counter Batman's prep and still have 10,000 more ways of his own to beat Batman. Batman is purely of matched imo.

Ok.

I challenge you as Superman.

What do you do in your 72 hours?

Delta1938
Ok.

I challenge you as Superman.

What do you do in your 72 hours?

shifty

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147020/3075691-4906638768-super.jpg

golem370
One Question Super-Jokerman

DarkSaint85
?

golem370
Superman dress up like Joker and when Batman goes to arrest Joker Superman snaps his back in to tossing the two halves to opposite magnetic poles.

DarkSaint85
Lol. Are you serious?

golem370
I don't know I don't have genius level intellect or Superman abilities. He creates 100s of Clones have them all Sun-dip for 10 hours, each then with the power upgrade create 1,000s of clones and have them sun-dip for 10 hours and force Flash to give him the speed force and have a few more hours to create a Superman/Doomsday clones all of his abilities plus DD ability to come back immune to the previous way of dying.

DarkSaint85
A good tactic. I think he could pull it off,......

eaebiakuya
PIS off ?

Superman wins.

He could just Sun dip for 72 hours. Then he attack Batman with his Heat Vision from Space.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
PIS off ?

Superman wins.

He could just Sun dip for 72 hours. Then he attack Batman with his Heat Vision from Space.

CIS is still on.

And can you be sure Batman doesn't have a plan?

eaebiakuya
I think he could KO batman with his HV (he can control the power right ? And for sure Batman will be using some armor, force field...)

Yes Batman can make a plan but...cant see what he can do in 72 hours against a massively amped Superman, who is FTL and can attack from outside the planet. I dont think he can make a force field to withstand this.

Lets be real. Batman never came with any super plan against Superman in comics (at least i dont remember).

Kriptonite ring ? PIS less superman would never lose to that.

In your opnion, what Batman can do to win ?

DarkSaint85
I think he could KO batman with his HV (he can control the power right ? And for sure Batman will be using some armor, force field...)

Yes Batman can make a plan but...cant see what he can do in 72 hours against a massively amped Superman, who is FTL and can attack from outside the planet. I dont think he can make a force field to withstand this.

Lets be real. Batman never came with any super plan against Superman in comics (at least i dont remember).

Kriptonite ring ? PIS less superman would never lose to that.

In your opnion, what Batman can do to win ?

Preboot?

Since Superman has spent 72 hours sundipping....

This is why I wanted people to write down their strategies first. Because this is why Batman wins. You need to take all things into account, and Superman for all his super intellect, does not.

Batman, whilst Clark has been sitting in front of the Sun...

....Takes the Kents. Perry, Lois, Jimmy, Bibbo, Lana, everyone and ANYONE who is linked to Clark Kent. The Hush storyline showed he was not above going after the loved ones of Clark.

Stashes them offworld, or onworld. He could borrow Barda's Motherbox (like he did in Superman/Batman) and Boomtube them somewhere.

Or trap them like Doomsday amongst 4 teleporters, and have the switch to free them on his person.

Then beam the information that he has Clark's loved ones to Clark by radio or whatever. Even travelling at lightspeed, he will still take 8 minutes to get to Earth - by which time, he would know he cannot simply kill Bruce instantly.

Forfeit the match, and he will let them go.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lhhp4LDKYkc/TmDNSwLzKSI/AAAAAAAAIt0/jfOp5F8UIYo/s1600/Batman613_Hush_pg13.jpg

DarkSaint85
Of course, now that my strategy is out in the open, people will say then Superman will etc etc etc.

Hindsight is 20/20.

eaebiakuya
Superman, without sundipping is far faster than light. He alredy made the "Sun-Earth" travel in much less than 8 minutes. With massively sundipping he could do that in seconds.

Btw, what you write could be a good plot for a story, but i think the thread ideia is made a prep then come to a direct fight.

Also this image you posted is PIS. They ignored Superman have superspeed. He could do both things...just do a thunderclap then leave...

DarkSaint85
Superman, without sundipping is far faster than light. He alredy made the "Sun-Earth" travel in much less than 8 minutes. With massively sundipping he could do that in seconds.

Btw, what you write could be a good plot for a story, but i think the thread ideia is made a prep then come to a direct fight.

Also this image you posted is PIS. They ignored Superman have superspeed. He could do both things...just do a thunderclap then leave...

Fair enough.

I should really devote more time to my scenario, really. REALLY plan out all the angles and all the contingencies, as Batman would. I mean, I'd have 70 hours to plan everything out (seeing as I know where all his loved ones are, 2 hours should be all that's needed).

Even if its as lame as arriving to the battlefield with a sign saying 'I have the Kents', anything, really, to stop a speedblitz. And to give myself a chance to talk to Superman. Because once I start talking, that is when the real danger is.

Hell, I could even have used the Atom's miniaturisation tech to shrink them down and have them in my bloodstream, linked to my emotions. If my heart rate increases, or the blood chemical levels change due to stress, they die. KOing me wouldn't make a difference, because then I wouldn't be able to tell you where they were.

Torturing it out of me? A: Out of character, B: I wouldn't talk.

Definitely can't kill me.

Time passes differently when they're shrunk, too. A minute will seem like months to them. So for all his power, all his speed, Superman will be forced to slow down, to interact with me at human level speeds, to ask me where they are, and what have I done with them.

So don't delay too long, or else they'll simply die of old age.

Delta1938
Preboot?

Since Superman has spent 72 hours sundipping....

This is why I wanted people to write down their strategies first. Because this is why Batman wins. You need to take all things into account, and Superman for all his super intellect, does not.

Batman, whilst Clark has been sitting in front of the Sun...

....Takes the Kents. Perry, Lois, Jimmy, Bibbo, Lana, everyone and ANYONE who is linked to Clark Kent. The Hush storyline showed he was not above going after the loved ones of Clark.

Stashes them offworld, or onworld. He could borrow Barda's Motherbox (like he did in Superman/Batman) and Boomtube them somewhere.

Or trap them like Doomsday amongst 4 teleporters, and have the switch to free them on his person.

Then beam the information that he has Clark's loved ones to Clark by radio or whatever. Even travelling at lightspeed, he will still take 8 minutes to get to Earth - by which time, he would know he cannot simply kill Bruce instantly.

Forfeit the match, and he will let them go.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lhhp4LDKYkc/TmDNSwLzKSI/AAAAAAAAIt0/jfOp5F8UIYo/s1600/Batman613_Hush_pg13.jpg

Batman did that under abnormal circumstances, Clark being under Ivy's control. I don't know if that would apply to the scenario. And light travels the distance between Earth and Sun for 8 minutes, but Superman heard Kyle whisper "help me" from at least another star systm(lightyears away).

DarkSaint85
Batman did that under abnormal circumstances, Clark being under Ivy's control. I don't know if that would apply to the scenario. And light travels the distance between Earth and Sun for 8 minutes, but Superman heard Kyle whisper "help me" from at least another star systm(lightyears away).

Why wouldn't it apply?

Because people wanted to see Batman wearing some super armur and attempting to go toe to toe with Superman??

He's called the World's Greatest Detective. He can fight, yes, but his greatest power is his mind.

And he does not rely on in your face attacks. He attacks from the shadows, cheats, and generally preps so he fights you using weapons of his choosing, using the battlefield of his choosing.

He leaves the open warfare to Superman.

So knowing all this.....no, he's not coming onto the field wearing magical red sun Kryptonite lead encased Doomsday clone armour. He's going to be sneaky, and force Clark's hand.

Galan007
superman builds another miracle machine and wishes batman away. thumb up

Delta1938
Why wouldn't it apply?

Because people wanted to see Batman wearing some super armur and attempting to go toe to toe with Superman??

He's called the World's Greatest Detective. He can fight, yes, but his greatest power is his mind.

And he does not rely on in your face attacks. He attacks from the shadows, cheats, and generally preps so he fights you using weapons of his choosing, using the battlefield of his choosing.

He leaves the open warfare to Superman.

So knowing all this.....no, he's not coming onto the field wearing magical red sun Kryptonite lead encased Doomsday clone armour. He's going to be sneaky, and force Clark's hand.

It may not apply because it was a very different situation, including the amount of time he had. The closest I can think of to this situation is the two times in KING OF THE WORLD, if you count those are prep. One was Batman's plan was to bring help and Kryptonite. When that didn't work(partly because the Kryptonite was a very weak synthetic), he brought more help and had GL simulate Kryptonite.

golem370
But if Batman done it once could't Superman prep for that. Superman could turn that around on Bats with everyone he cares about.

DarkSaint85
72 hours.

He knows who Clark is.

He knows where the Kents live

Preboot, he OWNED the Daily Planet.

He has a rocket ship and teleport tech.

How much time would it take to collect these individuals?

DarkSaint85
But if Batman done it once could't Superman prep for that. Superman could turn that around on Bats with everyone he cares about.

See, this is where the thread will now fall over.

You were talking about Superclones.

Delta, about sundipping.

Neither of you thought about kidnapping Alfred or Robin or Gordon, or anyone like that.

Because Superman does not operate like that. In character, he is still a boyscout.

Batman isn't. And has shown before, that if he had to, he would put Lois in danger just to make Superman break his attack off.

carver9
Superman can't Sundip for 72 hrs. The small time he sundipped in OWAW was too much for him.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Superman can't Sundip for 72 hrs. The small time he sundipped in OWAW was too much for him.

Then he spends 71 hours setting-up extra security in the Fortress Of Solitude, makes fun of how inept Hulk is, keys the Batmobile, slashes the tires and puts a potato up the exhaust pipe, then Sun-Dips while Bruce is wondering what happened, why he can't pull of his plan, then BAM!! Batman, along with Wayne Manner and the Batcave, are vaporized while Superman goes and punches a hole into the Marvel Universe and gives Hulk an even worse beating than Sun God gave him.

/thread

carver9
Then he spends 71 hours setting-up extra security in the Fortress Of Solitude, makes fun of how inept Hulk is, keys the Batmobile, slashes the tires and puts a potato up the exhaust pipe, then Sun-Dips while Bruce is wondering what happened, why he can't pull of his plan, then BAM!! Batman, along with Wayne Manner and the Batcave, are vaporized while Superman goes and punches a hole into the Marvel Universe and gives Hulk an even worse beating than Sun God gave him.

/thread

Hulk has an infinite amount of energy...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkvsxmen9.jpg

With an infinite amount of rage...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsAbomination38.jpg

Superman needs to learn from this guy.

eaebiakuya
Hell, I could even have used the Atom's miniaturisation tech to shrink them down and have them in my bloodstream, linked to my emotions. If my heart rate increases, or the blood chemical levels change due to stress, they die. KOing me wouldn't make a difference, because then I wouldn't be able to tell you where they were.

Time passes differently when they're shrunk, too. A minute will seem like months to them. So for all his power, all his speed, Superman will be forced to slow down, to interact with me at human level speeds, to ask me where they are, and what have I done with them.

laughing

This is probably the best strategy i ever read against speedblitz.

If Batman do that, this might work. But probably could only work if Superman leave the planet or one side prep, because Superman could hear anything about that or put those people in a safehouse (maybe he could predict Batman would go after his family ?).

But i think if he be able to do all you said, then i guess he win.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk has an infinite amount of energy...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkvsxmen9.jpg

With an infinite amount of rage...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsAbomination38.jpg

Superman needs to learn from this guy.

Superman held a multiverse and infinite pages. Superman owns puny Hulk. As always. Deal with it.

Rao Kal El
Fair enough.

I should really devote more time to my scenario, really. REALLY plan out all the angles and all the contingencies, as Batman would. I mean, I'd have 70 hours to plan everything out (seeing as I know where all his loved ones are, 2 hours should be all that's needed).

Even if its as lame as arriving to the battlefield with a sign saying 'I have the Kents', anything, really, to stop a speedblitz. And to give myself a chance to talk to Superman. Because once I start talking, that is when the real danger is.

Ill just t-vo you butt or miracle machine everything (except your defeat at my hans) after I drove my fist in your face evil face

TheBlondeGod
The thread says something about 72 hours of preparation. Why are you jumping to the conclusions already?

BATMAN;
With the latest technology, he already has every information about Superman than we already know. His powers, his capabilities, his families, and HIS WEAKNESS. Once he finds out about Superman's weakness then he already has it than we already know. Who knows? The Kryptonite could be carved into a Batarang or worse an armor with Kryptonite in it.

SUPERMAN;
You were saying he would sun dip, how sure are you he's going to do that? He knows that he's powerful enough to take on such humans that he doesn't need to go sight see the sun. Even with Batman's techs he would think that it won't bother him, but he's wrong.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU THINK BATMAN COULD WIN TO A METAHUMAN?

BRAINS VS BRAWNS NO CONTEST? Are you sure? Remember that time when Batman face Darkseid and all he has was his brain. He looped into any possibilities that could baffle and change Darkseid's decision. Yet Bat won. What if Batman does that to Superman? Create a distraction, put anyone important in his life into danger then being the boyscout he is he would choose the people he loves then that's the time Batman could strike. Or in another sense, Batman would just offer a choice to Superman to just give up or continue.

Delta1938
Originally posted by TheBlondeGod
The thread says something about 72 hours of preparation. Why are you jumping to the conclusions already?

BATMAN;
With the latest technology, he already has every information about Superman than we already know. His powers, his capabilities, his families, and HIS WEAKNESS. Once he finds out about Superman's weakness then he already has it than we already know. Who knows? The Kryptonite could be carved into a Batarang or worse an armor with Kryptonite in it.

SUPERMAN;
You were saying he would sun dip, how sure are you he's going to do that? He knows that he's powerful enough to take on such humans that he doesn't need to go sight see the sun. Even with Batman's techs he would think that it won't bother him, but he's wrong.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU THINK BATMAN COULD WIN TO A METAHUMAN?

BRAINS VS BRAWNS NO CONTEST? Are you sure? Remember that time when Batman face Darkseid and all he has was his brain. He looped into any possibilities that could baffle and change Darkseid's decision. Yet Bat won. What if Batman does that to Superman? Create a distraction, put anyone important in his life into danger then being the boyscout he is he would choose the people he loves then that's the time Batman could strike. Or in another sense, Batman would just offer a choice to Superman to just give up or continue.

I think most of the Sun-Dip posts are joking, although there's the fact that Sun-Dipping would counter Kryptonite. Though, normally Superman tends to have lower showings against it when facing Batman, 'cuz the writer needs it to work. Superman faced a Kryptonian Battlesuit with Kryptonite in the alloy(and red solar energy blaster) and it didn't really work too well against him. Can't remember if Luthor's Apokoliptian warsuit has Kryptonite in the armor or not, but it does fire Kryptonite blasts, and Superman has faced it when weakened by Kryptonite(and other factors), and still beat Luthor. Both are better technology than Batman typically has access to.

The example with Darkseid only works because only Batman had prep.

golem370
I think its more like Brains vs Brawn, Speed, & Brains three abilities to one.

DarkSaint85
Batman also has the ability of thinking like an utter d!ck. Which is important in fighting.

SquallX
The whole Batman outsmarting Darkseid was pure bullshit and bad writing from Loeb.

Batman has nothing to bing to the table that Superman won't trump.

DarkSaint85
What would Superman do with his 72 hours?

golem370
What would Batman do?

DarkSaint85
I've already answered you. On page 2.

Eternal Idol
Superman thinks and moves at ricockulous speeds. In 72 hours, he could do what would take Batman months to do.

golem370
You did? How does Batman face 100s if not thousands of Supermen that have sundipped and even more SuperDoomsday that have all of Superman abilities plus Doomsday ability to come back immune to the way he just died. Superman within ten seconds gathers all of his love ones and takes them out of reach of Batman and then take the rest of the time building a Massive Army of amalgams Batman can't come up with an idea and Superman couldn't have already thought of because of his super brain and speed.

quanchi112
Batman wins. This is his forte.

Shabazz916
superman tunnels underground x ray vision up until he hears or see's batman grabs him pulls him under drops him in middle of earth

TheBlondeGod
Superman do not kill or put someone's life in danger. As to Batman, that's a different tactic for him. Yes, both have undeniably high intelligence but someone will always outsmart the other. Batman works both ways, something that is shown and something that we do not know. Distractions are part of this preparation.

And look I have found something on the internet. Lol
http://hugelol.com/lol/118068

DarkSaint85
You did? How does Batman face 100s if not thousands of Supermen that have sundipped and even more SuperDoomsday that have all of Superman abilities plus Doomsday ability to come back immune to the way he just died. Superman within ten seconds gathers all of his love ones and takes them out of reach of Batman and then take the rest of the time building a Massive Army of amalgams Batman can't come up with an idea and Superman couldn't have already thought of because of his super brain and speed.

Because Superman does not think of his loved ones and won't see them as being in danger until its too late.

Inhuman
What would Batman do?

He would invite clark for a drink before they fight and would rufie supes drink with k-nite dust or some shit.

DarkSaint85
Golem, btw your clone strategy didn't say anything about his loved ones.

So your 10000s of clones arrive on the scene, and lose lol.

golem370
With thousands of clones he could again all bases covered I also said he could get Flash to give him the speed force and I also said since Batman used his loved ones against he could prep for plus I think Superman could the other JLA to help him.

DarkSaint85
With thousands of clones he could again all bases covered I also said he could get Flash to give him the speed force and I also said since Batman used his loved ones against he could prep for plus I think Superman could the other JLA to help him.

Lol you only said that AFTER I said my piece......so no matter what I say, you will just post afterwards and say nu-uh, because then Superman would do THIS, and then if I say anything more, than you would go nu-uh, Superman would counter that, and do THAT!

So this thread is now over lol. I said on page 1 I had a foolproof way to beat Superman as Batman, and it was in character and Batman had done something similar in comics already.

I then invited people to come at me, because I knew people would think like Superman would, and just go for the biggest baddest display of power they could think of.

I just went for the sneaky underhanded way, as Batman would.

And I was proved right, lol. Nobody even thought about the poor, defenceless Lois/Kents/Olsen/Perry etc, and just went for sundipping/Speedforce/clones etc. They left a giant weakness exposed, and by the time you guys/Superman realises it, it will be too late, because the plan was already in effect.

THAT is how Batman wins.

pym-ftw
Clark throws the Batcave at him, after a 72 hour bender.

Without massive pis this isnt a fight.

golem370
I didn't say anything about it because I didn't know about

DarkSaint85
Batman IS PIS, though.

He's the writer made incarnate. Intelligence (and speed) are often criminally underwritten in comics, and if the writer thinks of a way, Batman will find a way. It's a power of his.

DarkSaint85
I didn't say anything about it because I didn't know about

You didn't know Clark Kent had parents? Or you didn't know who Lois Lane was?

golem370
I didn't know Batman used that tactic.Isn't Superman a pet monkey for writers to I they had him holding the weight of the Universe? What the f**k?

DarkSaint85
I didn't know Batman used that tactic.Isn't Superman a pet monkey for writers to I they had him holding the weight of the Universe? What the f**k?

Lol you've got Superman using tactics even Abhi wouldn't have dreamt up in his wildest fantasies, so not really a defense stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Clark throws the Batcave at him, after a 72 hour bender.

Without massive pis this isnt a fight. Pis is subjective and not all agree so it is rather unfair to use that excuse IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.