Indie Film???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ariwin
Has anyone heard of/ know of/ seen this indie film called Manna From Heaven?

I heard about it in passing today on the train...wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this.

Julie
nope.

Captain REX
Are we talking about Indiana Jones? In that case, I don't think that would be a movie...

The Indy films are coming to DVD! Woohoo!

edwinian
What film are you talking about....do tell??

I am assuming not the Indiana Jones stuff...although that would be movie appropriate since they are coming out with a new one I think.

But whats this movie you mention?

ariwin
I think i posted something about it when I saw it in Ohio, but I'm not sure. Anyways, it's not not an Indiana Jones film, it's an independent film (aaahhhh) about a family that finds a load of cash and one of the kids grows up to become a nun and wants to give it back. It's really cute, but still on limited release (I believe).

I just wanted to know if anyone knew when/if it was up for national release??? anyone???

edwinian
I don't know if its up for national release..but I did a google search for you

these are the websites that come up

www.mannathemovie.com
www.fivesistersproductions.com

Let us know if you hear anything else.

BackFire349
ive heard the name.

hayden's minx
Oh yeah I heard about that movie, i haven't seen it sorry but I usually like indie flicks, strangely enough...

Augeybana
Heard the name another film that I should watch.

chico23
I watched the trailer looks like a rental for me.

Augeybana
Yeah a rental movie.Wouldn't watse $9.00 on it.

Galilee
Comic fable about a family in Buffalo, New York, whose members inherit a boatload of cash in their youth, only to attempt to repay it as destitute adults when one of their ilk gets religion. Directed by Maria and Gabrielle C. Burton, with Mom, Dad, and three other Burtons in pivotal roles. (1 hr. 59 mins.; PG)

Augeybana
Cool good info.

ariwin
Yeah, thanks for posting that...

I think Manna From Heaven's one of those movies that everyone can generally appreciate, but I think that indie fans would probably have a good appreciation for it. I say this only bc, from my personal and oh so humble experience, indies go one of two ways... really good or really bad...IMHO, i think this one turned out pretty good, especially given the budget and everything else.

It was really wierd hearing those people talk about it on the train the other day, bc aside from the people I saw it with, I've never heard it discussed...

If nothing else, it's a welcomed change from all the other BS that's out these days.

Augeybana
And good to watch these movies and not some big budget movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.