Can Anakin Resist Darth Nihilus' drain ability?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
So recently I remembered a few things a about one of my favorite Star Wars games, Attack Of The Clones and I Saw that Anakin could resist the reaper's incredible drain that nearly destroyed/or did destroy one of Kashyyk's moons. So could he possibly do it? just curious

Nephthys
It's been suggested he can.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
It's been suggested he can.

Yeah I've wondered, especially considering Kreia's - and the entire games, notion that only someone like the exile(a wound) Could beat someone like Nihilus, which begs the question. Can such a resistance be taught to everyone? I mean Ulic's tomb/Holocron taught to Anakin? so I'd assume that the ability could be learned.

ares834
Not this can of worms again...

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by ares834
Not this can of worms again...

No offense, but if you don't actually like this specific discussion/subject then you shouldn't have clicked on it and wasted your time commenting on it. it's just that simple.

ares834
But I like to b**** and moan so...

Selenial
Well, it's debatable.

I haven't read the passage in a while, but IIRC it describes the defense as creating your own nexus, or Resevoir of force energy, and forcing your opponent to feed on that... It'd still take a lot of effort, just probably less effort than the force drain is worth.

However I don't think he could do it if Nihilus drained him, because Anakin isn't a historian, he knows nothing of Nihilus' abilities in drain.

Even then, Nihilus would probably slaughter said "resevoir" and just obliterate Anakin once he was too tired.

Emperordmb
So basically it's a Star Wars Patronus Charm?

ares834
lol

wut

Selenial
Originally posted by Emperordmb
So basically it's a Star Wars Patronus Charm?

Pretty much

And Nihilus is like 5 billion dementors. No Aberforth to the rescue this time.

ares834
Seriously, where are you getting this info on how Anakin's technique works?

Selenial
Seriously, where are you getting this info on how Anakin's technique works?

Somewhere.

Neph just brought it up in another thread, so I assume he has the source.

I'll go looking for it though, I got it off the TOR forums, (Think it was Aurbere, I'll ask)

Nephthys
I do not.

It's been discussed before though. I'm going off of memory.

ares834
I just watched the vid where he learns it from Ulic. It apparently "harvest the power of the force around you making you immune to the Dark Reaper effects for a short time." So perhaps similar to what was claimed, perhaps not.

Selenial
Well, it was gone into a lot more detail, and sourced from a Novel the way I remember it.

I'm going off memory too, Aurbere and Beni owe me favors from sourcing stuff for them, perhaps I can call those in on this...

ares834
The Dark Reaper has never been in a novel. And I doubt any of the guides went into any real detail. IIRC, the KotOR campaign guide certainly did not.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Yeah I've wondered, especially considering Kreia's - and the entire games, notion that only someone like the exile(a wound) Could beat someone like Nihilus, which begs the question. Can such a resistance be taught to everyone? I mean Ulic's tomb/Holocron taught to Anakin? so I'd assume that the ability could be learned. Idk about Anakin's technique, but the Exile's and Nihilus' "power" can't be taught. It's gained through certain experiences.

ares834
According to Kreia at least.

Anyway, Anakin didn't learn drain but rather a way to defend against it (or something similar).

NemeBro
What he asked is if the Exile's defense can be taught, which is a no, as far as we know. Whether or not other such defenses might exist is another matter my son.

ares834
Sure. I assumed you were talking about drain however. As Kreia claims drain can not be taught but must be experienced in order to learn. And considering the wording you used in your post, I assumed you were referring to that conversation.

NewGuy01
Whilst Selenial's information isn't confirmed, I'm vouching for it's credibility as I have heard the same thing. (Can't remember where for the life of me, though.)

DarthAnt66
She originated from a forum invested with fake quotes. I have my doubts.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Yeah... same here.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Whilst Selenial's information isn't confirmed, I'm vouching for it's credibility as I have heard the same thing. (Can't remember where for the life of me, though.)
Didn't you say the Merchant was the one who told you guys back on SWF?

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Well Neph has heard it too, and you can't go against Neph now can you?

DarthAnt66
http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2064095582.gif

He might have heard of it from you.

Selenial
When? I joined 2 weeks ago and this is like the first time it's been brought up....

Based
The Dark Reaper has never been in a novel. And I doubt any of the guides went into any real detail. IIRC, the KotOR campaign guide certainly did not.

I bought The Clone Wars campaign guide years ago. It may have something of I find it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.