Nth metal vs adamantium

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blade31092
Which is the toughest metal nth metal or adamantium metal?

Khazra Reborn
Adamantium is tougher, but Nth Metal is more useful/versatile.

blade31092
But how is nth metal is more useful/versatile than adamantium is?

Khazra Reborn
Look at Hawkman, just a regular guy, then you fuse Nth metal to him, and he becomes a flying unkillable superhuman, with a HF that is on par with Wolverine's.

Digi
Nth metal and it's not really close.

Exhibit A: Onimarr Synn. Maybe a newb with no knowledge of either would rather have adamantium, but with any kind of idea of how to control Nth metal, someone could become a herald being (or higher) and could use Nth's metal's electromagnetic capabilities to wreck anyone using adamantium (to say nothing of its other capabilities).

leonidas
yeah, synn is a great example. not as sure what all the properties of nu nth metal is, but it is by far and away the more useful metal. it's not as hard as adamantium (it is uber durable though) but in every other way it is far superior.

riv6672
Everything's been covered really well.

DarkSaint85
Yah. Nth metal is def more versatile. Adsmantium is however the best at what it does

beatboks
Originally posted by Digi

Exhibit A: Onimarr Synn. Maybe a newb with no knowledge of either would rather have adamantium, but with any kind of idea of how to control Nth metal, someone could become a herald being (or higher) and could use Nth's metal's electromagnetic capabilities to wreck anyone using adamantium (to say nothing of its other capabilities).

Pretty much this. Though to be that "above Herald level" you need quite a bit.
The Uber feats of Omynarr Synn required pretty much ALL the nth metal on Thanagar.

Nth Metal gives

* healing factor - pre 52 the metal allowed HM to heal from many injuries in short order in Trinity it healed a near severed arm, in another instance when his throat was cut when not wearing his wings he healed in a panel once they were placed on him. Allowed HM to take a several page beating from BA and keep coming back, take arrows and knives in the chest.

* enhanced strength to wearer gives HM about a 5 ton strength level

* protects against energy attacks, abosrbs and releases energy many examples but energy blasts against even a shield with low levels of Nth have zero affect. Silver Scarab's (Hector hall first hero ID) used a suit of Nth metal to make himself a solar powered hero

* enhances the strength of blows using a mace with a little nth metal in it HM can crush a car speeding at him. With a slid piece of PURE Nth metal can "hit with the weight of a planet"

* enhances sight and senses night vision super distance vision and other senses enhanced. HG was even shown to have these when not wearing her Nth due to extended exposure.

* anti gravity field that is mentally controlled doesn't really need edifying IMO

* protects from extreme temperatures is what allows the hawks to travel in space with no protection other than breathing apparatus.

* protects against magic

* control of all the four fundamental forces this one requires the knowledge and a lot of metal and is how Omynarr was able to strip Jay of the speed force, throw BA into space by raising a palm, tear Sandman's atomic bonds apart etc etc.

I'd take Nth over Admantium ANY day of the weak.
Now if I could get a suit of armor made of an allow of Nth, Admantium, Promethium, and anti metal. That would be freaking cool. Promethium makes everything amplify ( increases energy capability, durability basically increases with the strength of the force that strikes it, etc etc) I think you see where this is going.

riv6672
Thats pretty damn potent.

I'd love to combine Nth, Adamantium and Vibranium to make a bowie knife...

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by beatboks
Pretty much this. Though to be that "above Herald level" you need quite a bit.
The Uber feats of Omynarr Synn required pretty much ALL the nth metal on Thanagar.

Nth Metal gives

* healing factor - pre 52 the metal allowed HM to heal from many injuries in short order in Trinity it healed a near severed arm, in another instance when his throat was cut when not wearing his wings he healed in a panel once they were placed on him. Allowed HM to take a several page beating from BA and keep coming back, take arrows and knives in the chest.

* enhanced strength to wearer gives HM about a 5 ton strength level

* protects against energy attacks, abosrbs and releases energy many examples but energy blasts against even a shield with low levels of Nth have zero affect. Silver Scarab's (Hector hall first hero ID) used a suit of Nth metal to make himself a solar powered hero

* enhances the strength of blows using a mace with a little nth metal in it HM can crush a car speeding at him. With a slid piece of PURE Nth metal can "hit with the weight of a planet"

* enhances sight and senses night vision super distance vision and other senses enhanced. HG was even shown to have these when not wearing her Nth due to extended exposure.

* anti gravity field that is mentally controlled doesn't really need edifying IMO

* protects from extreme temperatures is what allows the hawks to travel in space with no protection other than breathing apparatus.

* protects against magic

* control of all the four fundamental forces this one requires the knowledge and a lot of metal and is how Omynarr was able to strip Jay of the speed force, throw BA into space by raising a palm, tear Sandman's atomic bonds apart etc etc.

I'd take Nth over Admantium ANY day of the weak.
Now if I could get a suit of armor made of an allow of Nth, Admantium, Promethium, and anti metal. That would be freaking cool. Promethium makes everything amplify ( increases energy capability, durability basically increases with the strength of the force that strikes it, etc etc) I think you see where this is going.

What a ridiculous plot device.

riv6672
Seriously?

laughing out loud

Digi
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
What a ridiculous plot device.

Well, in normal quantities, not entirely. The stuff beatboks was talking about only becomes a thing with larger quantities of Nth metal. With average amounts, you're probably looking at being in high meta range (give or take). Still well beyond having some adamantium, but not quite team-wrecker status.

riv6672
Dont dignify that post with a serious answer.
This is comic books. Radio activity gives you powers, not tumors. Pfft. wink

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by riv6672
Dont dignify that post with a serious answer.
This is comic books. Radio activity gives you powers, not tumors. Pfft. wink

It's stupid for a metal to give you a full superpower set IMO. If you don't like it, so what?

shadowknight
What a ridiculous plot device. Not when you consider how rare it is in the DCU and especially on Earth. Unlike Admantium where practically every minor league villian has some in his basement, just for emergencies.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by shadowknight
Not when you consider how rare it is in the DCU and especially on Earth. Unlike Admantium where practically every minor league villian has some in his basement, just for emergencies.

Ugh? Not sure where you are getting the latter. Of that was the case, Magneto would have and arsenal and be unstoppable.

Branlor Swift

Exhibit A: Onimarr Synn. Maybe a newb with no knowledge of either would rather have adamantium, but with any kind of idea of how to control Nth metal, someone could become a herald being (or higher) and could use Nth's metal's electromagnetic capabilities to wreck anyone using adamantium (to say nothing of its other capabilities). Yeah but adamantium makes you Wolverine and that guy is alright at what he does to put it lightly

Digi
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Yeah but adamantium makes you Wolverine and that guy is alright at what he does to put it lightly

Hmm, yes, you make some good points, except for the part where you typed words.

Onimarr Synn tanked the JSA when their lineup was ungodly haxx. Even a moderate amount gets you Wolverine-esque healing plus other awesome stuff. I'll take my chances with the Nth metal.

wink

Silent Master
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Yeah but adamantium makes you Wolverine and that guy is alright at what he does to put it lightly

You've convinced me, Nth metal wins.

dial J for Josh
Although nth metal is much more versatile. I would be more terrified to face an individual who can practically cut through anything without much effort. It all depends on the individual wielding the adamantium. Like nth metal has all of the perks built in, but if you were to give someone with great stats across the board complimented with an insane healing factor and ferocity i.e. Wolverine I would be more intimidated to face someone like that in close quarter combat.

Digi
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Although nth metal is much more versatile. I would be more terrified to face an individual who can practically cut through anything without much effort. It all depends on the individual wielding the adamantium. Like nth metal has all of the perks built in, but if you were to give someone with great stats across the board complimented with an insane healing factor and ferocity i.e. Wolverine I would be more intimidated to face someone like that in close quarter combat.

That's cherry-picking, though. We're dead either way. But with a Wolverine knock-off, let's say the only thing he has is adamantium. So if I can outrun him, I'm good. Or if he doesn't have a HF to go with it, I might get in some lucky blows and knock him out. There's at least a chance. With Nth metal, there's none. Not in any scenario, unless I have powers of my own.

dial J for Josh
That's cherry-picking, though. We're dead either way. But with a Wolverine knock-off, let's say the only thing he has is adamantium. So if I can outrun him, I'm good. Or if he doesn't have a HF to go with it, I might get in some lucky blows and knock him out. There's at least a chance. With Nth metal, there's none. Not in any scenario, unless I have powers of my own.

I agree overall nth metal is better. I was just saying that adamantium could be better depending on the individual wielding it, which is cherry picking since everyone doesnt have the luxury of having Wolverine's retarded healing factor.

pym-ftw
I'm actually going to disagree because I'd rather face Any Nth enhanced character than primary Adamantium Ultron.

DarkSaint85
But he's not a baseline guy who's been given adamntium..he's a powerful self replicating AI who just happens to have an adamntium shell.

If he was given an Nth metal shell, and was Onimar Synn level in power on top of his own attributes....wouldn't he be scarier?

pym-ftw
No. geek

I'd rather be effectively indestructible than have super healing.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I'm actually going to disagree because I'd rather face Any Nth enhanced character than primary Adamantium Ultron.

Pretty much. That's another exception. I didn't use that as an example because its a bit to the extreme. A full outer body consisting of indestructible adamantium attached to an ai with unparalleled intelligence and processing speed along with super human stats is unfair.

riv6672
It's stupid for a metal to give you a full superpower set IMO. If you don't like it, so what?
I liked it. One of the funniest things i read all day yesterday. smile

Ugh? Not sure where you are getting the latter. Of that was the case, Magneto would have and arsenal and be unstoppable.
You are so confused. sad

DarkSaint85
No. geek

I'd rather be effectively indestructible than have super healing.

IOW, you'd just be Brit. Super durable, no strength, no other powers, just damn impossible to hurt.

Supermutant
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
I agree overall nth metal is better. I was just saying that adamantium could be better depending on the individual wielding it, which is cherry picking since everyone doesnt have the luxury of having Wolverine's retarded healing factor.

I'm pretty sure when Bullseye's skeleton was fused with adamantium that somehow it gave him a healing factor. IIRC that's the only time that adamantium has done that, and I don't know how Bullseye lost it. Maybe it was retcon b/c it was so silly.

beatboks
Well, in normal quantities, not entirely. The stuff beatboks was talking about only becomes a thing with larger quantities of Nth metal. With average amounts, you're probably looking at being in high meta range (give or take). Still well beyond having some adamantium, but not quite team-wrecker status.

basically yeah, it was portrayed in some retellings of hawhman's origin that the amount of Nth he and Hg found on thecrashed Thanagarian ship ( the entirety on earth) was onlythesize of a backpack.

The entirety on Nth metal in pre 52 Hawkman was laced through his belt. With just a few grams of the stuff he can fly, have 5 ton strength, logan level healing, and enhaced senses.

A shield laced with Nth protects from almost all energy blasts

A mace so laced gives him a strike equal to 20 ton

the claw of horus ( a few kilos) allows him to knock Superman for miles.

Is it little wonder that when Omynarr had tons he was a team buster and beyond herald level?

if you had enough Nth to createLogans skeleton you'd be well over class 100

shadowknight
Ugh? Not sure where you are getting the latter. Of that was the case, Magneto would have and arsenal and be unstoppable. I was exagerating a bit, nevetheless Adamentium is comparatively easy to get compared to N th Metal. On top of my head Apocalyse, Ultron, the U.S military, Shield, FF, Black Panther and Wandaka all have access to it. In the DCU only Hawkman has it and maybe in Thanagar his home planet you can find access to it in small amount that's it.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
IOW, you'd just be Brit. Super durable, no strength, no other powers, just damn impossible to hurt. yes, I'd call myself Attrition-Man.

cool

riv6672
Originally posted by shadowknight
I was exagerating a bit, nevetheless Adamentium is comparatively easy to get compared to N th Metal. On top of my head Apocalyse, Ultron, the U.S military, Shield, FF, Black Panther and Wandaka all have access to it. In the DCU only Hawkman has it and maybe in Thanagar his home planet you can find access to it in small amount that's it.
Wait, what sort of plot device IS this?!? eek!

Digi

But it's not Nth metal v. Ultron, if we're creating a fair fight. It's someone with Nth metal or a dude with some sharp knives.

It's like saying someone has an Uru weapon and assuming you're fighting the Destroyer inhabited by Loki. Your comparison is just so lopsided as to be meaningless.

riv6672
Thats pretty much how i was seeing it.
Really didnt want to try and explain it though, so thank you.

Golgo13
Nth metal easily.

riv6672
So it is written.

BerserkersRage
Originally posted by Golgo13
Nth metal easily.

thumb up

Blue Area Vet
Adamantium is tougher. I believe that was the question. I agree that I would rather fight any Nth metal weilder rather that someone who has access to adamantium who can hurt Herald level characters. Wolverine has cut Namor, Gladiator and Thanos. I'd take that over run of the mill meta human stats.

-K-M-
nth metal provides the user a powerful healing factor even repairing an entire arm in minutes. Then factor in the other abilities? Yeah nth metal wins as it has hurt high herald characters too

Blue Area Vet
But it's not Nth metal v. Ultron, if we're creating a fair fight. It's someone with Nth metal or a dude with some sharp knives.

It's like saying someone has an Uru weapon and assuming you're fighting the Destroyer inhabited by Loki. Your comparison is just so lopsided as to be meaningless.

Um, no. The metals are used differently so thats how they should be compared IMO. Nth grants enhancements typical of enhanced meta level humans. It upgrades the stats of lower tier characters. Adamantium on the other hand is used to create cutting edges, add appendages, implants and upgrade weapons and armaments. An adamantium upgrade would benefit anyone below skyfather level. Adamantium projectiles ripped through WWH like he was a heap of bubble bath bubbles. An Enhanced Meta was able to cut perhaps the most durable characters in all comics with adamantium claws.

-K-M-
If you want to use Ultron, then Onimar Synn is fair game.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by -K-M-
nth metal provides the user a powerful healing factor even repairing an entire arm in minutes. Then factor in the other abilities? Yeah nth metal wins as it has hurt high herald characters too

What if the character already has those qualities?

-K-M-
What if the character already has those qualities?

Then you missed the point of the thread. It's not a specific individual with the metal it's the metal themselves and the practicality of it. Adamantium is stronger, but nth metal gives them much much much versatility.

I'm specifically talking about the properties nth metal can give a user, such as enhanced senses, animal communication/control, controlling the 4 fundamentals of the universe, mach speeds, high level healing factor, enhanced strength, etc, etc

If Wolverine didn't have his healing factor the adamantium process would kill him. His healing factor keeps him dying from metal poisoning. If this thread is asking which is more durable then definitely adamantium wins.

Blue Area Vet
If you want to use Ultron, then Onimar Synn is far game.

A character that has ancient knowledge of secrect ways to use the Nth? Okay, not very typical. A character doesn't need ancient knowledge to use adamantium effectively, although you would have to find a way to manipulate it.

-K-M-
A character that has ancient knowledge of secrect ways to use the Nth? Okay, not very typical. A character doesn't need ancient knowledge to use adamantium effectively, although you would have to find a way to manipulate it.

Yeah and ultron had more abilities and resources then just adamantium. Same thing.

Hawkman and others don't need "ancient" knowledge to use it. It also doesn't need the extensive resources to manipulate it either like adamantium does.

Blue Area Vet
Actually, I understand what the question was. It was as follows:

Nth metal vs adamantium
Which is the toughest metal nth metal or adamantium metal?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 06:17 PM

That's a cut and paste. Where do you see a question about versatility? I think you missed the point. In fact, I'm sure of it. I think there is far more top end value in adamantium. A herald level character with a crude adamantium weapon becomes a herald assassin.

-K-M-
Hey I even said above if the question is about durability then adamantium wins. You however started to list specific characters which wasn't part of it.

Also toughest doesn't need necessarily mean durability. Depends on what the creator of the thread intended it to be. Nth metal makes the user of the metal tougher then someone with adamantium, but the metal is more durable then nth. We should ask what the author is fully asking and the application they are allowed to use it and go from there. As quantity, usage, etc can all vary the outcome.

Blue Area Vet
Hey I even said above if the question is about durability then adamantium wins. You however started to list specific characters which wasn't part of it.

Also toughest doesn't need necessarily mean durability. Depends on what the creator of the thread intended it to be. Nth metal makes the user of the metal tougher then someone with adamantium, but the metal is more durable then nth. We should ask what the author is fully asking and the application they are allowed to use it and go from there. As quantity, usage, etc can all vary the outcome.

He did not reference anything about a user, he asked which wad the tougher metal. Adamantium all day long. The conversation was taken in another direction by others and turned into the answer to the question of what's the better metal. In any case, there is no way to twist the word tougher into more versatile. Tougher is much more closely related to more durable.

-K-M-
I know, pym did. Actually being more versatile can make you more tougher to beat. That's actually a common phrase used in fight promotions and comics.

Tougher is a subjective term that can be applied in a few different ways. We shall wait what the author means.

Blue Area Vet
I know, pym did. Actually being more versatile can make you more tougher to beat. That's actually a common phrase used in fight promotions and comics.

Tougher is a subjective term that can be applied in a few different ways. We shall wait what the author means.

Not only would "tougher" be completely subjective in that regard, that's only in the case that the OP indeed meant which metal would make a user tougher. I don't think that's what he meant because that is not what he asked.

-K-M-
Again all he said was which is the "toughest metal"...no more, no less. Which again is vague and subjective and not really definitive. The word "toughest" can be used to describe various attibutes. Is he talking about durability only? Properties of each metal? Characters using the metal fighting? Etc. he really didn't say much hence this discussion.

Wait and see what he says

Digi
Um, no. The metals are used differently so thats how they should be compared IMO. Nth grants enhancements typical of enhanced meta level humans. It upgrades the stats of lower tier characters. Adamantium on the other hand is used to create cutting edges, add appendages, implants and upgrade weapons and armaments. An adamantium upgrade would benefit anyone below skyfather level. Adamantium projectiles ripped through WWH like he was a heap of bubble bath bubbles. An Enhanced Meta was able to cut perhaps the most durable characters in all comics with adamantium claws.

This doesn't address what I said. I said he shouldn't be comparing Nth metal alone to Ultron, because Ultron has lots of other powers that adamantium alone doesn't grant. As for your comments, they're entirely unrelated and I have no comment on them.

Blue Area Vet
Again all he said was which is the "toughest metal"...no more, no less. Which again is vague and subjective and not really definitive. The word "toughest" can be used to describe various attibutes. Is he talking about durability only? Properties of each metal? Characters using the metal fighting? Etc. he really didn't say much hence this discussion.

Wait and see what he says

The question of which is the tougher metal is not vague at all. The question of which metal is better able to "toughen" a character is not only vague, but presumptive because that question was not actually asked, even if that is what he meant to articulate.

Blue Area Vet
This doesn't address what I said. I said he shouldn't be comparing Nth metal alone to Ultron, because Ultron has lots of other powers that adamantium alone doesn't grant. As for your comments, they're entirely unrelated and I have no comment on them.

First of all, I didn't limit my scope to Ultron. Secondly, all characters above street have powers to begin with. Wolverine and Hawkman are examples, so I'm not understanding the point you are trying to get at.

-K-M-
The question of which is the tougher metal is not vague at all. The question of which metal is better able to "toughen" a character is not only vague, but presumptive because that question was not actually asked, even if that is what he meant to articulate.

I'm sorry but you don't get the fact the word "tougher" can be used in a variety of ways and applications. Again... Wait and see what the author wanted and stop arguing about what you assume he meant and see what he actually does. That's all that needs to be said.

If it's durability then no question adamantium wins.

Delta1938

Even though you say adamantium wins in which is more durable, would you give examples of Nth metal's durability like you were arguing for it? I'd like to see some.

Blue Area Vet
I'm sorry but you don't get the fact the word "tougher" can be used in a variety of ways and applications. Again... Wait and see what the author wanted and stop arguing about what you assume he meant and see what he actually does. That's all that needs to be said.

If it's durability then no question adamantium wins.

I know that when asked the question of which metal is tougher, it doesnt refer to which is more versatile. That's simple logic. The only one assuming is you. Read the words, they could not be more clear. If he had asked which metal was more versatile, would you be arguing which was tougher? It's clear you got caught up in the secondary debate over which metal is better and now you don't want to concede.

Digi
First of all, I didn't limit my scope to Ultron. Secondly, all characters above street have powers to begin with. Wolverine and Hawkman are examples, so I'm not understanding the point you are trying to get at.

When I made that comment that you replied to, it was in reply to someone who said that he'd rather face someone with Nth metal than Adamantium Ultron. I made the point that his example wasn't valid, as adamantium alone doesn't grant Ultron's capabilities. A more fair comparison, though still invalid per the OP, would be Ultron with Nth metal v. Ultron with adamantium. But it's still invalid because this thread pits them against one another in a vacuum.

My comment was ONLY in response to the bad Ultron example. Please treat it as such, and consider that context in any subsequent reply.

riv6672
That seemed pretty apparent.
Maybe, reading through the posts too fast?
Happens to me at times.

Any way:
Adamantium, more durable.

Nth metal, more versatile.

Digi
That seemed pretty apparent.
Maybe, reading through the posts too fast?
Happens to me at times.

He had two opportunities. One misunderstanding is common. Two is a tad annoying, though I'm not too concerned either way. But this mistake in general - posters responding to a comment without realizing the specific comment it was originally intended to refute or respond to - is probably responsible for about 25% of skirmishes on KMC. Unfortunate, if occasionally amusing.

Any way:
Adamantium, more durable.

Nth metal, more versatile.

thumb up

beatboks
Adamantium is tougher. I believe that was the question. I agree that I would rather fight any Nth metal weilder rather that someone who has access to adamantium who can hurt Herald level characters. Wolverine has cut Namor, Gladiator and Thanos. I'd take that over run of the mill meta human stats.

using the claw of horus Hawkman has hit Superman and sent him flying into orbit. The Claw is a lot less Nth metal in total than Logan has admantium in his whole body.

The so called run of the mill meta your referring to is what you get with a few grams of nth metal (or the amount of admantium that Logan would have in a fi ger or two- the amount of nth in say logans hand makes someone his leavel HF with double strength and flight plus other enhancements. His level of admantium in nth would make you Thanos or Glad's Ievel at the least (probably greater in strength, durability and regen considering a few vrams makes you a 5 tonner)

If you had equal amounts of both metals Nth would stomp admantium. With less than half the total amount of mass of Nth metal than that in Logans skeleton we had Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Silver Scarab all super powered ( in the case of scarab city level) plusthe claw ( which makes its wielder low herald level, and a few other weapons like macds and shields that when wielded by anyone give u 20 ton blows.

riv6672
This is like a metallic version of a Hulk/Superman debate.
Hulk (adamantium) is stronger, Superman (Nth) has more powers.

Delta1938
Originally posted by beatboks
using the claw of horus Hawkman has hit Superman and sent him flying into orbit. The Claw is a lot less Nth metal in total than Logan has admantium in his whole body.

Unless you're referring to a different instance I'm unaware of(which is entirely possible), it didn't send him flying into orbit. It dropped him, but it was later revealed he was "playing possum." Plus, he was weakened, but that's beside the point.

This is like a metallic version of a Hulk/Superman debate.
Hulk (adamantium) is stronger, Superman (Nth) has more powers.

Superman(Pre-FLASHPOINT) has more powers, AND is stronger. huhu

Cosmic_Beings
adamantium curbstomps

DarkSaint85
Hahaha.

Wow.

Delta1938
Hahaha.

Wow.

Shut-up DORKSaint!! 'Cuz--SHUT UP!!! mad mad

-K-M-
I know that when asked the question of which metal is tougher, it doesnt refer to which is more versatile. That's simple logic. The only one assuming is you. Read the words, they could not be more clear. If he had asked which metal was more versatile, would you be arguing which was tougher? It's clear you got caught up in the secondary debate over which metal is better and now you don't want to concede.

*facepalm* again why are you replying? I said wait till the creator of this thread gives us clarification and leave it at that multiple times now. YOU keep going with the secondary debate. It's like you desperately need the last word or something over something that can be quickly clarified. Wait and see yet again.

The word "toughest" can be applied in a variety ways. This is basic English. I said wait and see to get clarification and seeing how majority of the thread is going with nth metal as using that same basis? No, it's not just me. Nice attempt though

right right I definitely don't want to concede eh? How many times did I say adamantium wins if this is durability?

Again don't reply to me. Wait and see what the author wants. That's it. You're trying to make a mountain of a mole hill.

DarkSaint85
Lol, technically speaking, Nth metal may indeed be tougher than adamantium.

Adamantium might be harder, though.

If blue Area Vet wants to adhere strictly to the wording of the OP, and only use the word toughness in the context of a material's properties, then he might get into a quandary with tthe scientific usage of the word toughness.

Diamond, for example, is hard, not tough.

riv6672
Originally posted by Delta1938
Superman(Pre-FLASHPOINT) has more powers, AND is stronger. huhu

Thats debatable. http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/smilies/wink.gif

Shut-up......'Cuz--SHUT UP!!! mad mad

Or maybe not! http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/smilies/crazynew.gif

-K-M-

If blue Area Vet wants to adhere strictly to the wording of the OP, and only use the word toughness in the context of a material's properties, then he might get into a quandary with tthe scientific usage of the word toughness.

Exactly. thumb up

Creator of this thread can clarify for us.

Delta1938
Thats debatable. http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/smilies/wink.gif

Everybody has the right to their opinion. And you, having served this great country of ours, have an even greater right, than most others, to be wrong. shifty

riv6672
Everybody has the right to their opinion. And you, having served this great country of ours, have an even greater right, than most others, to be wrong. shifty

Getting a bit personal, arent you? http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/smilies/thinking.gif

Still, not the worst i've gotten from a Superman fanboy. At least you havent told me to go kill myself. You guys trend towards the overly dramatic.http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/smilies/smilewhite.gif

Delta1938
Getting a bit personal, arent you? http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/smilies/thinking.gif

Still, not the worst i've gotten from a Superman fanboy. At least you havent told me to go kill myself. You guys trend towards the overly dramatic.http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/smilies/smilewhite.gif

And.....how was that personal at all?

Blue Area Vet
When I made that comment that you replied to, it was in reply to someone who said that he'd rather face someone with Nth metal than Adamantium Ultron. I made the point that his example wasn't valid, as adamantium alone doesn't grant Ultron's capabilities. A more fair comparison, though still invalid per the OP, would be Ultron with Nth metal v. Ultron with adamantium. But it's still invalid because this thread pits them against one another in a vacuum.

My comment was ONLY in response to the bad Ultron example. Please treat it as such, and consider that context in any subsequent reply.

I understood all of that, I read every post in the thread.

Blue Area Vet
He had two opportunities. One misunderstanding is common. Two is a tad annoying, though I'm not too concerned either way. But this mistake in general - posters responding to a comment without realizing the specific comment it was originally intended to refute or respond to - is probably responsible for about 25% of skirmishes on KMC. Unfortunate, if occasionally amusing.

thumb up

Excuse me sir, but if you are talking to me, I am the only in the post since very early on in the post that remembers what the OP actually asked. The conversation was taked in a different direction by YOU and others, and that's fine. But don't assume that I am not perfectly aware of that. There is no misunderstanding on my part and I'm sorry if you thought there was.

Blue Area Vet
*facepalm* again why are you replying? I said wait till the creator of this thread gives us clarification and leave it at that multiple times now. YOU keep going with the secondary debate. It's like you desperately need the last word or something over something that can be quickly clarified. Wait and see yet again.

The word "toughest" can be applied in a variety ways. This is basic English. I said wait and see to get clarification and seeing how majority of the thread is going with nth metal as using that same basis? No, it's not just me. Nice attempt though

right right I definitely don't want to concede eh? How many times did I say adamantium wins if this is durability?

Again don't reply to me. Wait and see what the author wants. That's it. You're trying to make a mountain of a mole hill.

I'm not waiting for anything, the OP asked a clear question the first time. But go ahead and pray that he returns if you wish.

Blue Area Vet

Right, but Adamantium is BOTH hard and tough.

Toughness- In materials science and metallurgy, toughness is the ability of a material to absorb energy and plastically deform without fracturing. One definition of material toughness is the amount of energy per volume that a material can absorb before rupturing. It is also defined as the resistance to fracture of a material when stressed.
Toughness requires a balance of strength and ductility.

Being that primary Adamantium has never been broken or deformed, there is no question which metal is tougher.

Blue Area Vet
Exactly. thumb up

Creator of this thread can clarify for us.

Yeah, imagine that. I read and understood what the OP actually asked. It's hilarious that you think you need clarification simply because you don't want to accept what the guy actually asked.

DarkSaint85
Right, but Adamantium is BOTH hard and tough.

Toughness- In materials science and metallurgy, toughness is the ability of a material to absorb energy and plastically deform without fracturing. One definition of material toughness is the amount of energy per volume that a material can absorb before rupturing. It is also defined as the resistance to fracture of a material when stressed.
Toughness requires a balance of strength and ductility.

Being that primary Adamantium has never been broken or deformed, there is no question which metal is tougher.

Didn't Symm snap a claw off?

-K-M-
I'm not waiting for anything, the OP asked a clear question the first time. But go ahead and pray that he returns if you wish.

Haha wow. You're a special individual. There is nothing wrong with asking for clarification. Unless you live in a bubble that's a fairly common practice. To outright assume something when I and others aren't sure that's faulty. If your right, awesome, good job I'm perfectly fine with it. However, nothing wrong with asking. why you are putting this much effort is beyond me.

Yeah, imagine that. I read and understood what the OP actually asked. It's hilarious that you think you need clarification simply because you don't want to accept what the guy actually asked.

Considering others are asking the very same question you are swinging and missing. Also why don't I want to accept it again? Do I have a vested interest? no. Seems you are trying desperately to cling to the idea where I and others are looking for clarification. I also said if it is durability then obviously adamantium wins...as I have said many times.

Galan007
reported for asking too many questions. sly

DarkSaint85
Doubt ANYONE has said in terms of durability that nth metal > adamantium.

Blue Area Vet
Haha wow. You're a special individual. There is nothing wrong with asking for clarification. Unless you live in a bubble that's a fairly common practice. To outright assume something when I and others aren't sure that's faulty. If your right, awesome, good job I'm perfectly fine with it. However, nothing wrong with asking. why you are putting this much effort is beyond me.

Considering others are asking the very same question you are swinging and missing. Also why don't I want to accept it again? Do I have a vested interest? no. Seems you are trying desperately to cling to the idea where I and others are looking for clarification. I also said if it is durability then obviously adamantium wins...as I have said many times.

Your desperation is beyond comical. I'm sorry, but I'm not the one that is confused. I don't need any clarity. If I was unsure, I would need clarity. By your own admission, you feel you do. I've stuck to my guns in the debate from the beginning while you are questioning your original premise. I'm sorry about that. And yes, you do have a vest interest- you don't want to be wrong. Sounds like an ego thing, no offense intended. So as I said, you may sit here and wait for clarity embark upon you, but until that time, the best information is what was written. Adamantium is tougher than Nth metal and that is not debatable. Not sure why that bothers you so much.

Blue Area Vet
Doubt ANYONE has said in terms of durability that nth metal > adamantium.

No, but my point is that's the ONLY question the OP asked.

-K-M-
Your desperation is beyond comical. I'm sorry, but I'm not the one that is confused. I don't need any clarity. If I was unsure, I would need clarity. By your own admission, you feel you do. I've stuck to my guns in the debate from the beginning while you are questioning your original premise. I'm sorry about that. And yes, you do have a vest interest- you don't want to be wrong. Sounds like an ego thing, no offense intended. So as I said, you may sit here and wait for clarity embark upon you, but until that time, the best information is what was written. Adamantium is tougher than Nth metal and that is not debatable. Not sure why that bothers you so much.

Haha what? Honestly how old are you? Your acting like a child. I don't care if I'm wrong. Hell if I am I will say congrats. Again I and OTHERS are asking for clarification. That is a completly logical thing to do. Why your so against such a simple premise is beyond me.

Really? How many times do I have to say adamantium is more durable then nth? That is not a new revelation nor was that EVER debated it's like your in your own little world. It bothers me that adamantium is more durable? Haha what?

Feel free to have the last word , but I'm done replying to you

DarkSaint85
No, but my point is that's the ONLY question the OP asked.

OK? So we are only allowed to make posts that are 100% to do with one definition of the OP?

Blue Area Vet
OK? So we are only allowed to make posts that are 100% to do with one definition of the OP?

Of course not. Why are you asking? I even went to the extent to say it's okay for people to talk about other aspects on two occassions to answer questions like the one you just asked. Hell, I joined in the secondary conversation myself. I'm simply pointing out that the secondary conversation is not the primary one, and some people are MIXING the results of the two, namely KM.

The first question is which is tougher. The second implied question is which is BETTER. KM (and a couple of others) used his answer to the second question to answer the first, which prompted me to remind him of what the original question actually was. Then he started on this journey of seeking clarity rather than just admit that only one question was actually asked by the OP.

DarkSaint85
Phuck you, KM.

Galan007
well, i'm convinced.

Nth metal, ftw!!!!! thumb up

-K-M-
Haha I answered the primary question how many times? . It's not like he was actually reading and understanding what I said.

The term tougher can be used in a variety of ways. Yet repeatedly said adamantium is much more durable if that was the initial thought of the post. Basic stuff. Also I wasn't even the original person that brought up the varying powers of nth metal nor was I the original person that said nth was overall better.

Blue Area Vet
Haha what? Honestly how old are you? Your acting like a child. I don't care if I'm wrong. Hell if I am I will say congrats. Again I and OTHERS are asking for clarification. That is a completly logical thing to do. Why your so against such a simple premise is beyond me.

Really? How many times do I have to say adamantium is more durable then nth? That is not a new revelation nor was that EVER debated it's like your in your own little world. It bothers me that adamantium is more durable? Haha what?

Feel free to have the last word , but I'm done replying to you

- I'm 42

- Really

- You only had to say it once. It's the other insulting nonesense you are continuing to spout that is keeping this conversation going.

- Apparently, yes. Maybe I should ask for clarity.

- What?

As far as the last word, somehow I doubt I'll have that.

Blue Area Vet

By the way, Saint, here is an earlier post in the thread by him that crystalizes his confusion nicely:

Then you missed the point of the thread. It's not a specific individual with the metal it's the metal themselves and the practicality of it. Adamantium is stronger, but nth metal gives them much much much versatility.

I missed the point of the thread, huh? That means he must know the "point" of the thread and there should be no need for further clarification. smokin'

-K-M-
I said it was stronger in the quote you posted. Again wasn't even the first one that said the same thing either.

It wasn't about people with the metal as I said. That's still true. The word tougher be used in a variety ways. Me asking for clarification is to prevent the circular debate. I and others believe it one way and you believe it another. Which is completly fine. It's also completly fine asking for clarification to end a standstill doesn't mean I completly changed my stance

If you were offended by that comment then I apologize

maxivitopowe
Adamantium is stronger
Nth more versatile

DarkSaint85
I said it was stronger in the quote you posted. Again wasn't even the first one that said the same thing either.

It wasn't about people with the metal as I said. That's still true. The word tougher be used in a variety ways. Me asking for clarification is to prevent the circular debate. I and others believe it one way and you believe it another. Which is completly fine. It's also completly fine asking for clarification to end a standstill doesn't mean I completly changed my stance

Stronger???It's like you didn't even read the OP, dooderino. TOUGHER!

Blue Area Vet

Sir, you flat out said that I missed the point of the thread. That's not what I did, that is clearly what you did. You keep saying that adamantium is tougher now precisely because I directed you back to the OP question. In fact, your stance now is that "Everyone knows A is tougher than Nth." In any case, I'm glad you've arrived at that conclusion even after taking the scenic route. I'll let you have the last word so you can again say that I can have the last word.

ps- I was not offended.

Blue Area Vet
Stronger???It's like you didn't even read the OP, dooderino. TOUGHER!

Tougher, stronger, harder, indestructible. Nth is more malleable, though. laughing

maxivitopowe
A lot of things are more malleable than already forged adamantium

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
A lot of things are more malleable than already forged adamantium

Yeah, like every substance in the known universe. That's why it was a joke.

maxivitopowe
Not a good one :/

riv6672
You and your bad jokes!

beatboks
how is admantium aledgedly tougher? It is more durable but that is only one definition of the word. Tough also refers to strength. If a normal man possessed as much admantium as say Logan does in his skeleton they would be very close if not above class 100. While a man with that much admantium would still be his strength level but have a very durable metal.

Nth may not be as durable as admantium but it isnt far behind, it has some properties akin to anti metal ( than admantium has failed to cut). So please explain how admantium is tougher??? Its a simple enough question, if one had the same amount of the two Nth would certainly make them tougher than admantium.

riv6672
Thats...kinda true.
Let me see if i have this right:

If i have an adamantium sword, weighing about 5lbs, i have an unbreakable sword.

A Nth metal sword is almost as unbreakable, and at 5lbs would enhance me in a variety of different ways.

An adamantium skeleton (Logan's is said to be laced with 300lbs), gives me an unbreakable skeleton. It doesnt give me claws or a healing factor. If i suffered a traumatic injury i'd still bleed out.

A 300lb Nth metal skeleton actually would give me a healing factor, and again, a host of different abilities.

DarkSaint85
Thats...kinda true.

If i have an adamantium sword, weighing about 5lbs, i have an unbreakable sword.

A Nth metal sword is almost as unbreakable, and at 5lbs would enhance me in a variety of different ways.

An adamantium skeleton (Logan's is said to be laced with 300lbs), gives me an unbreakable skeleton. It doesnt give me claws or a healing factor. If i suffered a traumatic injury i'd still bleed out.

A 300lb Nth metal skeleton actually would give me a healing factor, and again, a host of different abilities.

If anything, having a 300lb adamantium skeleton without a HF does this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/39001/3506253-wolvy.png

Adamantium poisoning.

riv6672
Yeah, for the sake of argument i was assuming the process, in both cases, was survivable.
I like the posters here, but some will latch on to I before E except after C and we get 5 pages of all the words that dont adhere to that (perceive, receipt, deceit), totally losing the actual point that was trying to be made...

DarkSaint85
Oh yes, its survivable (the implantation process, that is), but adamantium is a bit of a double edged sword, that should be taken into account when you want to weigh up the formidability of your new metal implanted self.

The more I think about it, the more I DON'T want adamantium, lol.

riv6672
A lot of what makes adamantium's best known user, Wolverine so bad ass is Wolverine; the claws, the healing factor.
Both are natural.

Blue Area Vet
Thats...kinda true.

Double post

Blue Area Vet
Thats...kinda true.

Who said anything differently? Obviously there are a select few ways to effectively wield A while the lazily written Nth can be operated by those ages 3 and up. And this all has zero to do with whats tougher.

DarkSaint85
Whi said anything differently? Obviously there are a select few ways to effectively wield A while the lazily written Nth can be operated by those ages 3 and up. And this all has zero to do with whats tougher.

Lol.

You seem mad.

Lazily written nth metal? When in another thread you seem content to have the all mysterious 'X-gene' give you powers from reshaping reality to controlling metal to conversing across the galaxy to stopping time to opening portals with your eyes to controlling the weather to creating psi armour to having a really good sense of smell to looking really chicken like to having a caged black hole where your head is.......

Lol.

Blue Area Vet
I find it hilarious that some DC fans criticize Marvel for having the Mutant X gene but fully endorse a damn metal that can give one superpowers.

DarkSaint85
Lol no one criticised it. Quote the post where someone criticised it thumb up.

DarkSaint85
After all, rivv only brought it up becauae you attempted to bring RL logic into a comic book lol

Blue Area Vet
Lol no one criticised it. Quote the post where someone criticised it thumb up.

You are bsing, right? As late as yesterday someone did in the Batman Wolverine speed thread that you are posting in.

DarkSaint85
After all, rivv only brought it up becauae you attempted to bring RL logic into a comic book lol

riv6672
He does seem mad. I get it.

Digi
Tougher, stronger, harder, indestructible. Nth is more malleable, though. laughing

So is my poop. But why bring it into this discussion? You have a fetish or something?! Leave your perversions out of this.

uhuh

riv6672
Mad. yes

Blue Area Vet
So is my poop. But why bring it into this discussion? You have a fetish or something?! Leave your perversions out of this.

uhuh

My perversions? You are the one talking about troll poop and reported accordly. Nice display of projection skills. What I'm "bringing up" speaks to the question asked in the topic. You should give it a try after you flush the toilet.

Digi
My perversions? You are the one talking about troll poop and reported accordly. Nice display of projection skills. What I'm "bringing up" speaks to the question asked in the topic. You should give it a try after you flush the toilet.

Lol. It was a joke. It was so over-the-top that I didn't honestly expect you to take it seriously, since you obviously didn't mention anything about my poop. Though it's a pleasant surprise that you did. Harmless as this was, I'll avoid messing around further. But thanks for the chuckle.

beatboks
I find it hilarious that some DC fans criticize Marvel for having the Mutant X gene but fully endorse a damn metal that can give one superpowers.
areu for real??
no one wa criticizing marvel, they were criticizing your double standard.
your criticism of the simplicty of metal giving powers ( which btw Marvel has several metals that do also) despite the symplicity of an X gene ( which aslo btw DC is akin to with a meta gene)

The differences between the two companies are so ridiculously small that when people express such one minded and company biased views for either as you do it is laughable

riv6672
Seeing as i'm the one that made the x gene point, thank you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.