Original Guardians of the Galaxy vs. current Guardians of the Galaxy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmic_Beings
Which team would win?

Stoic
Current GOTG wins with near ease.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Current GOTG wins with near ease.
Explain yourself brother! OG Guardians win.

Starhawk solos.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
Explain yourself brother! OG Guardians win.

Starhawk solos.

Angela would cut Starhawks head off, and Gamora would finish the rest.

dial J for Josh
Current comic Guardians have the Hollywood big screen powerup as a promotion to their comic. So they win by default. Plus Angela is a beast.

zopzop
Angela would cut Starhawks head off, and Gamora would finish the rest.
Angela and Gamora are gonna take on and beat a guy that went toe to toe with Korvac, Thor, Keeper (Surfer with Quantum Bands), etc?

Whatevah! OG Guardians win. PS, during the end of their run, Hollywood joined the team. OG Guardians stomp! Happy Dance

Stoic
Angela and Gamora are gonna take on and beat a guy that went toe to toe with Korvac, Thor, Keeper (Surfer with Quantum Bands), etc?

Whatevah! OG Guardians win. PS, during the end of their run, Hollywood joined the team. OG Guardians stomp! Happy Dance

He also got his ass kicked in those fights that you mentioned. Didn't Korvac turn him into dust, I mean DUST?

zopzop
He also got his ass kicked in those fights that you mentioned. Didn't Korvac turn him into dust, I mean DUST?
Thor never kicked his @$$, neither did Keeper. Korvac straight up killed him but only after a damn good fight that spanned multiple realities. If you think Angela or Gamora are in that league, I don't know what to tell you.

Even ignoring Starhawk, you have a moderately powerful telekinetic with an indestructible shield and a high end CL100 flying brick that withstood a solar system decimating blast (Hollywood).

Stoic
Thor never kicked his @$$, neither did Keeper. Korvac straight up killed him but only after a damn good fight that spanned multiple realities. If you think Angela or Gamora are in that league, I don't know what to tell you.

Even ignoring Starhawk, you have a moderately powerful telekinetic with an indestructible shield and a high end CL100 flying brick that withstood a solar system decimating blast (Hollywood).

Simon isn't an OG GOTG, if he is then so is Firelord, which in that case you can just keep piling on team member, and team member, I'm still not convinced that Starhawk would be able to beat Angela. And who is the TK? Vance Astrovik? He's a glass cannon. Where are the scans of him beating the Keeper. And when did he fight Thor? If you're going to add characters that weren't part of the original team screw it, the originals win. However we both know that Simon isn't an original, and he won't be on the team when they relaunch the series, and neither will Firelord.

zopzop
Simon isn't an OG GOTG, if he is then so is Firelord, which in that case you can just keep piling on team member, and team member, I'm still not convinced that Starhawk would be able to beat Angela. And who is the TK? Vance Astrovik? He's a glass cannon. Where are the scans of him beating the Keeper. And when did he fight Thor? If you're going to add characters that weren't part of the original team screw it, the originals win. However we both know that Simon isn't an original, and he won't be on the team when they relaunch the series, and neither will Firelord.
Firelord was an honorary member, he never actually joined the team. Their first 'new' member was Talon, then Yellowjacket, but they left when Hollywood joined. This was the final version of the Original Guardians of the Galaxy team :
Yondu (fodder)
Nikki (fodder)
Charlie-27 (mid meta brick)
Aleta (solid light powers like Quasar)
Major Vance Astro (TK + Cap's shield)
Martinex (fire/ice manipulation)
Hollywood (high end Cl100 flying brick)

The "original" Original Guardians of the Galaxy was more or less the same, except swap Hollywood out and add Starhawk to Aleta.

No one beat Keeper, Starhawk was holding his own against him. Starhawk fought Thor in the late 70s, forgot the issue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.