Xavier with the mind and power gem vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thatoneguymd123
Xavier with the mind AND power infinity gems vs Thanos with a day of prep.

Branlor Swift
Thanos kicks the absolute shit out of him

eaebiakuya
If no prep i think Xavier could win with TP.

But with 1 day of prep is hard to say...

Cosmic_Beings
Thanos reigns

HulkIsHulk
No need of prep. Thanos speedblitzes before Xavier can even think. Xavier= red smear on the ground. stick out tongue

golem370
Xavier wins.

Estacado
Thanos steps up to Xavier and punches his face off.

golem370
With the Power Gem he should just laugh it off

Glorificus
Unless Xavier gets a lot of time training to use the gems to their fullest potential, Thanos curbstomps him.

Gems aren't going to be an automatic I-Win button unless the user knows what he/she is doing with them.

If Xavier were just simply handed the gems and told to go kill Thanos, I highly doubt he'd know how to use them properly.

carver9
Xavier stomps.

golem370
I think he could do better then Drax and Thor did one was retarded the other was on a rampage Charles is very smart I think he could adapt quick enough to beat Thanos. With the Gem he would have Unlimited Stamina Strength and Durability plus it would or should increase his telepathic powers.

Power Gem- Unlimited physical strength, endurance, and energy manipulation

Digi
Why wouldn't Xavier automatically be haxx with the Mind Gem? I can see an experience argument being used against him with the Power Gem. But come on. He's the most qualified person ever to tap into the full potential of the Mind Gem.

Yes, Thanos is a beast, but this is a smart guy with abstract universe-ending plot devices. X wins.

Branlor Swift
Because we've seen a rival of Xavier with the Mind Gem in Moondragon and she couldn't read Thanos' mind

Estacado
And T has prep.

Digi
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Because we've seen a rival of Xavier with the Mind Gem in Moondragon and she couldn't read Thanos' mind

Originally posted by Estacado
And T has prep.

Fair enough. I'm not sure precisely what he'd do with prep, so long as we're not including artifact gathering. But the on-panel tp resistance, however illogical given the power of the gem, is worth considering.

There's also the Power Gem in the fight, though. With it alone, or with it amping/powering the mind gem, that's not the end of the discussion.

Branlor Swift
The amping the Mind Gem is a decent point to make. The problem with this is that a weakened Thanos needed to get hit with a Cosmic Cube for Moondragon, Mantis, and Cosmo to even get past his shields.
Then he broke out while in a complete mindlock from the three of them. Knocked them all out, calmed down, and then was put under again. Then he got angry enough in that same comic that they couldn't read his mind and he seemingly broke out of the psi lock again. And that's in a weakened state with basically nothing besides the initial shield that was broken that he never raised back up.
After he regained strength they couldn't do anything to him.

In addition to his other feats as well. Like Xavier/Magneto getting overwhelmed by a mental glance from Galactus, while Thanos was able to combat him. There's not much room for a telepath like Xavier to be able to accomplish anything against Thanos.

Then there's the power gem. Thanos has already damaged beings with the Power Gem who started off impossibly above Xavier physically and were both severely pissed off tapping into it before and during the battle.

Plus he's got tech that have one shotted Thor. He could just cloak and deliver endless cheapshots. Or he could bring his chair with him that had powerful blasts and shields as well as time manipulation tech.

eaebiakuya

She was unable to read his mind because Warlock with IG make all members of Infinity Watch immune to mind reading.

Later on is said Thanos was a secret member of Infinity Watch.

eaebiakuya
Power Gem- Unlimited physical strength, endurance, and energy manipulation

You forget the most important power: boost the power of the others gems.

No but a normal human with the mind gem, without any training, was able to beat Xavier in a TP fight.

Digi
The amping the Mind Gem is a decent point to make. The problem with this is that a weakened Thanos needed to get hit with a Cosmic Cube for Moondragon, Mantis, and Cosmo to even get past his shields.
Then he broke out while in a complete mindlock from the three of them. Knocked them all out, calmed down, and then was put under again. Then he got angry enough in that same comic that they couldn't read his mind and he seemingly broke out of the psi lock again. And that's in a weakened state with basically nothing besides the initial shield that was broken that he never raised back up.

In addition to his other feats as well. Like Xavier/Magneto getting overwhelmed by a mental glance from Galactus, while Thanos was able to combat him. There's not much room for a telepath like Xavier to be able to accomplish anything against Thanos.

Then there's the power gem. Thanos has already damaged beings with the Power Gem who started off impossibly above Xavier physically and were both severely pissed off tapping into it before and during the battle.

Plus he's got tech that have one shotted Thor. He could just cloak and deliver endless cheapshots. Or he could bring his chair with him that had powerful blasts and shields as well as time manipulation tech.

All good points, and it's dredging up cool memories from the many cosmic arcs I've read. This opinion remains at odds with what at least some of us want to believe: that the gems represent unmatchable potential in their particular sphere of influence when utilized properly. There shouldn't be a mental force in the Marvel U that can match a fully utilized Mind Gem, or physical force that matches the Power Gem for that matter. But other than feats with the combined Gauntlet, it's going to be hard to match your assessment feat for feat.

psycho gundam
The power gem can back the other gems per Thanos' own words so it's a matter of faith in Chucky if he can use it to boost the mind gem and his own power.

The power gem is what makes the other gems universal by the looks of it

h1a8
Because we've seen a rival of Xavier with the Mind Gem in Moondragon and she couldn't read Thanos' mind IMO Moondragon can't compare to Dr. X
Also the power gem adds more power to the mind gem, amplifying it.

h1a8

Plus he's got tech that have one shotted Thor. He could just cloak and deliver endless cheapshots. Or he could bring his chair with him that had powerful blasts and shields as well as time manipulation tech. You are lowballing and highballing (picking and choosing) and misrepresenting feats. Taking advantage of those who haven't read the feats in question. Thanos wasn't able to combat Galactus. Galactus agreed to go to A PREPPED mental plane with Thanos. Moondragon was helping Thanos. Once on the mental plane, Thanos tried to get into Galactus mind. Once Galactus realized this he ended it swiftly. That scene show that Galactus was far above Thanos plus Moondragon WITH A PREPPED MENTAL PLANE.

In general Dr. X is far more powerful in tp than Thanos (especially with the sleep feat). Current characters have more weight anyway, especially if characters have gotten more powerful.

The PG amps each being DIFFERENTLY. Dr. X should be able to tap into the gem far better than any user of the gem. So you can't equate what Thanos did to someone else to what he will do to Dr. X.
Also, Dr. X starting stats have nothing to do with the PG. The PG can make Dr. X start at Odin's level for all we know.

Thanos doesn't have his chair anymore. And that's not standard equipment.

Raisen
Originally posted by h1a8
You are lowballing and highballing (picking and choosing) and misrepresenting feats. Taking advantage of those who haven't read the feats in question. Thanos wasn't able to combat Galactus. Galactus agreed to go to A PREPPED mental plane with Thanos. Moondragon was helping Thanos. Once on the mental plane, Thanos tried to get into Galactus mind. Once Galactus realized this he ended it swiftly. That scene show that Galactus was far above Thanos plus Moondragon WITH A PREPPED MENTAL PLANE.

In general Dr. X is far more powerful in tp than Thanos (especially with the sleep feat). Current characters have more weight anyway, especially if characters have gotten more powerful.

The PG amps each being DIFFERENTLY. Dr. X should be able to tap into the gem far better than any user of the gem. So you can't equate what Thanos did to someone else to what he will do to Dr. X.
Also, Dr. X starting stats have nothing to do with the PG. The PG can make Dr. X start at Odin's level for all we know.

Thanos doesn't have his chair anymore. And that's not standard equipment.

you referring to professor x as dr x is terribly annoying for some reason.

There is a dr. x. see link below
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_X_(film)

Insane Titan
You are lowballing and highballing (picking and choosing) and misrepresenting feats. Taking advantage of those who haven't read the feats in question. Thanos wasn't able to combat Galactus. Galactus agreed to go to A PREPPED mental plane with Thanos. Moondragon was helping Thanos. Once on the mental plane, Thanos tried to get into Galactus mind. Once Galactus realized this he ended it swiftly. That scene show that Galactus was far above Thanos plus Moondragon WITH A PREPPED MENTAL PLANE.

Thanos doesn't have his chair anymore. And that's not standard equipment. have you actually read anything you just said hypercrit ?

Estacado
Originally posted by Raisen
you referring to professor x as dr x is terribly annoying for some reason.

There is a dr. x. see link below
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_X_(film)
thumb up
I was annoyed by it as well.sneer
Originally posted by Insane Titan
have you actually read anything you just said hypercrit ?
Nope.

h1a8
have you actually read anything you just said hypercrit ?

Yup, I read it. I have the comic now.

Star428
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
No need of prep. Thanos speedblitzes before Xavier can even think. Xavier= red smear on the ground. stick out tongue

Seriously? I didn't realize Thanos had superspeed on that level you're claiming. Not saying I disagree with you but could you provide scans or at least the comic issues where Thanos does something like this? Much appreciated if u can.

It seems to me though that even if what you say is true about Thanos having that kind of speed that the telepath Xavier with the power gem and mind gem combined would instantly know whenever Thanos was in the vicinity and would have plenty of time to take over Thanos' mind if he wanted to. I could be mistaken since it's been a while since I've read a Marvel comic but I do remember how powerful those gems were in the right hands.

h1a8
With PG Charles would be a force to reckon with. He could mentally draw so much power that he dwarf Thanos. Using the gem to back the mind gem then he easily mind phucks Thanos.

Insane Titan
Yup, I read it. I have the comic now. if that was true you wouldn't of lied.

Moondragon didn't help Thanos in the battle with Galactus all she did was create the pre arranged mental plane the fought on. Thanos had no prep to speak of. It's clear only Thanos battled Galactus mentally as only he appeared before Galactus.

golem370
Moondragon also didn't the amping her powers physcally and mentally

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
She was unable to read his mind because Warlock with IG make all members of Infinity Watch immune to mind reading.

Later on is said Thanos was a secret member of Infinity Watch. That was never directly stated about Thanos. And considering his mental feats it doesn't matter.

It doesn't help that Moondragon has shut down Drax under the same time frame.

Also did H1 just say I'm lowballing by bringing up Dr X failing to do anything to Galactus laughing out loud
And high balling by bringing up like 1 third to a half of all of Thanos' mental feats. Jesus Christ.

And his PG backing in this thread is hilarious considering you could go to any WM Thor/PG thread and watch him shit all over Thor. Someone who had it for longer than Dr X ever will. And someone who was stated to be a threat to Eternity himself.

It's just troll after troll. I gotta go back to blanking out when I see his name.

Deadline
You gave Thanos prep?

eaebiakuya
Well i think it matter since Bendis made a random guy with the gem >>> Xavier. Is even stated he had no idea about what he was doing during the fight against Charles.

This means mind gem is a really big AMP to any telepath (like "one xavier +" of boost).

Is stated the members of IW were protected by Adam Warlock:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/102593/3372940-0+(9).jpg

Thanos was a member of IW (revelead later on).

Branlor Swift
Well i think it matter since Bendis made a random guy with the gem >>> Xavier. Is even stated he had no idea about what he was doing during the fight against Charles.

This means mind gem is a really big AMP to any telepath (like "one xavier +" of boost).

Is stated the members of IW were protected by Adam Warlock:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/102593/3372940-0+(9).jpg

Thanos was a member of IW (revelead later on). And we've seen three high level telepaths fail to even get into Thanos' mind.
You think it's that big of a boost even excluding the Moondragon example to warrant a straight up mindrape of someone who's only been defeated straight up in a mental battle against Galactus?
I'd ask for feats of the Mind Gem at this point in time.

The members were protected. The people she was on a team with because they needed it (aside from Warlock). Not only did Thanos not need the protection, but he also wasn't supposed to have any interaction with Moondragon. It would make no sense to build that safeguard into it.

Not to mention Thanos was only an ally of the Infinity Watch. If he was actually part of the team, he would have actually been... part of the team.

eaebiakuya
Well i see Thanos => Xavier in TP power. Not like being twice or more stronger than that. Thanos could avoid any mental assault by Xavier, but Xavier has more "ofensive/versatibility TP feats " i think.

Lets says Moondragon = Xavier. Do you think "Cosmo and Mantis" > Xavier ? Because again, a regular human with the gem, without any experience in TP beat Xavier in a mind fight.

Imagine how stronger would Xavier get plus he will have power gem to boost his mind gem.

About Thanos/IW issue, i dont remember exatly how it was to be fair.

Branlor Swift
Well i see Thanos => Xavier in TP power. Not like being twice or more stronger than that. Thanos could avoid any mental assault by Xavier, but Xavier has more "ofensive/versatibility TP feats " i think.

Lets says Moondragon = Xavier. Do you think "Cosmo and Mantis" > Xavier ? Because again, a regular human with the gem, without any experience in TP beat Xavier in a mind fight.

Imagine how stronger would Xavier get plus he will have power gem to boost his mind gem.

About Thanos/IW issue, i dont remember exatly how it was to be fair. Oh I'm not saying Thanos is a better telepath than Xavier (though their battles against Galactus says otherwise), I'm saying that Thanos' mental defenses completely dwarf Xavier and any ability he has. Even without shields he was able to force out of a complete psi block from Moondragon, Cosmo, and Mantis twice.
If he's in full power with mental shields up, it's going to be quite the feat to prove Xavier can even read his mind in the first place, let alone outright mindrape him.

And considering what Mantis was doing in Celestial Quest, I feel pretty confident to say she's Moondragon level.
And Cosmo blasted the shit out of Warlock and effortlessly "mindraped" him. In any incarnation Warlock has had ridiculous TP resistance. Pretty huge feat to say the least.
I'd go through more on Cosmo, but I'm just going off the top of my head. Iirc he was effortlessly reading Surfer's mind. Surfer who tanked Moondragon with the Mindgem. In the same story Moondragon made "Dr X" braindead with one TP blast. In the same issue actually.
Cosmo apparently also knocked everyone on their asses which included the whole GoTG, and Mantis brainwashed the whole GotG to join the team.

If you want me to actually look at the issues, I will.

Oh I understand how much it boosts one. But the issue at hand is not only has an Xavier level telepath with the Mind Gem failed to even read Thanos' mind, but three Xavier level telepaths have also failed the exact same thing. It simply does not seem like enough.

And a normal human beating Xavier doesn't exactly help matters either. I am, and was well aware of that feat. If Thanos is resisting it from capable telepaths, then Xavier getting mindraped by a no name isn't exactly reinforcing Xavier's chances.

And even if Xavier could get into Thanos' mind, that isn't the end of it. Especially in a full on fight.
There's more factors at play than simple telepathy. Not to mention Thanos has prep.

What would happen if he brought out his chair? His force field gun (that he can use under his own power), guns that have one shotted Thor? What would happen if he simply slapped on the headpiece that allowed him to control Xavier's telepathy?

Not only are Thanos' chances extremely good on his own, but the prep angle makes this completely and utterly one sided.

On another note, because I for some reason feel the need to prove something to h1, here's a preview of a comic coming out in 2 days.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=22803&pg=3

Look at the complete lack of chair.

Insane Titan
Oh I'm not saying Thanos is a better telepath than Xavier (though their battles against Galactus says otherwise), I'm saying that Thanos' mental defenses completely dwarf Xavier and any ability he has. Even without shields he was able to force out of a complete psi block from Moondragon, Cosmo, and Mantis twice.
If he's in full power with mental shields up, it's going to be quite the feat to prove Xavier can even read his mind in the first place, let alone outright mindrape him.

And considering what Mantis was doing in Celestial Quest, I feel pretty confident to say she's Moondragon level.
And Cosmo blasted the shit out of Warlock and effortlessly "mindraped" him. In any incarnation Warlock has had ridiculous TP resistance. Pretty huge feat to say the least.
I'd go through more on Cosmo, but I'm just going off the top of my head. Iirc he was effortlessly reading Surfer's mind. Surfer who tanked Moondragon with the Mindgem. In the same story Moondragon made "Dr X" braindead with one TP blast. In the same issue actually.

If you want me to actually look at the issues, I will.

Oh I understand how much it boosts one. But the issue at hand is not only has an Xavier level telepath with the Mind Gem failed to even read Thanos' mind, but three Xavier level telepaths have also failed the exact same thing. It simply does not seem like enough.

And a normal human beating Xavier doesn't exactly help matters either. I am, and was well aware of that feat. If Thanos is resisting it from capable telepaths, then Xavier getting mindraped by a no name isn't exactly reinforcing Xavier's chances.

And even if Xavier could get into Thanos' mind, that isn't the end of it. Especially in a full on fight.
There's more factors at play than simple telepathy. Not to mention Thanos has prep.

What would happen if he brought out his chair? His force field gun (that he can use under his own power), guns that have one shotted Thor? What would happen if he simply slapped on the headpiece that allowed him to control Xavier's telepathy?

Not only are Thanos' chances extremely good on his own, but the prep angle makes this completely and utterly one sided.

On another note, because I for some reason feel the need to prove something to h1, here's a preview of a comic coming out in 2 days.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=22803&pg=3

Look at the complete lack of chair. Cosmo also ko'd everyone on Knowhere with TP including Phyla Vell who was wearing the quantum bands which are highly resistant to TP

Deadline

Branlor Swift
Cosmo also ko'd everyone on Knowhere with TP including Phyla Vell who was wearing the quantum bands which are highly resistant to TP Yeah I just opened that issue up. I haven't read GotG in a long time but I remember getting the sense that Cosmo was far above Moondragon in TP.
That was the same issue it was revealed that Mantis brainwashed Warlock and Phyla along with the others to join.

Curious what else I find that I missed. I'll check out Annihilators too because I remember Cosmo being ridiculous in that too.

Insane Titan
Yeah I just opened that issue up. I haven't read GotG in a long time but I remember getting the sense that Cosmo was far above Moondragon in TP.
That was the same issue it was revealed that Mantis brainwashed Warlock and Phyla along with the others to join.

Curious what else I find that I missed. I'll check out Annihilators too because I remember Cosmo being ridiculous in that too. I remember he killed the cancerverse version of Hulk by making him having stroke lol

h1a8
if that was true you wouldn't of lied.

Moondragon didn't help Thanos in the battle with Galactus all she did was create the pre arranged mental plane the fought on. Thanos had no prep to speak of. It's clear only Thanos battled Galactus mentally as only he appeared before Galactus. She helped Thanos connect to Galactus mind. Without her, Thanos wouldn't have been able to contact Galactus telepathically. She help established the link.
By the mental plane being PREPPED, it's a non feat as well.

h1a8
That was never directly stated about Thanos. And considering his mental feats it doesn't matter.

It doesn't help that Moondragon has shut down Drax under the same time frame.

Also did H1 just say I'm lowballing by bringing up Dr X failing to do anything to Galactus laughing out loud
And high balling by bringing up like 1 third to a half of all of Thanos' mental feats. Jesus Christ.

And his PG backing in this thread is hilarious considering you could go to any WM Thor/PG thread and watch him shit all over Thor. Someone who had it for longer than Dr X ever will. And someone who was stated to be a threat to Eternity himself.

It's just troll after troll. I gotta go back to blanking out when I see his name. Characters don't use the gems to the same degree as each other. Feats for one character doesn't carry over to any other character. We have plenty of evidence of characters using the gems far better than others. So to equate every character as the same is faulty.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Star428
Seriously? I didn't realize Thanos had superspeed on that level you're claiming. Not saying I disagree with you but could you provide scans or at least the comic issues where Thanos does something like this? Much appreciated if u can.

It seems to me though that even if what you say is true about Thanos having that kind of speed that the telepath Xavier with the power gem and mind gem combined would instantly know whenever Thanos was in the vicinity and would have plenty of time to take over Thanos' mind if he wanted to. I could be mistaken since it's been a while since I've read a Marvel comic but I do remember how powerful those gems were in the right hands.

Xavier=normal human with mental powers
Thanos=One of the most powerful high heralds, possibly trans. Thanos' speed should most probably out-speed Xavier's thoughts. He can also fire energy blasts remember? I don't have the scans now, gotta look for them on the net. Wish me luck

basilisk
Xavier via BFR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.