Batman: Assault on Arkham

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
This movie was AWESOME. I thought that the Son of Batman was great, this one kills it in every way. It just blew my mind. Anyone that has not seen it must see it.

Batman: Assault on Arkham is a 2014 direct-to-video animated superhero film that is part of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies. The film is based on the universe of the Batman: Arkham video game franchise, and is a direct sequel to Batman: Arkham Origins. Jay Oliva & Ethan Spaulding direct, with a script by Heath Corson and James Tucker producing. The film was screened at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con International on July 25, 2014, and is scheduled for release digitally on July 29 and on physical media on August 12.

Plot

Amanda Waller forms the Suicide Squad where their mission is to break into Arkham Asylum and recover top secret information from Riddler. Suicide Squad member Harley Quinn ends up freeing Joker who makes plans to blow up Arkham Asylum and Gotham City causing Batman to spring into action. I think I'll watch it again.

Cast

Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne / Batman
Neal McDonough as Floyd Lawton / Deadshot
Hynden Walch as Dr. Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn
Matthew Gray Gubler as Edward Nygma / The Riddler
Troy Baker as The Joker
C.C.H. Pounder as Amanda Waller
Greg Ellis as Captain Boomerang
Giancarlo Esposito as Black Spider
John DiMaggio as King Shark
Jennifer Hale as Killer Frost
Nolan North as KGBeast, Oswald Cobblepot / Penguin

Stoic
So no one has seen this movie yet? Maybe it was just me, but I really thought that it was a great movie.

Galan007
it was okay, imo. not good, not bad. thought it really drug at times.

BruceSkywalker
how did you guys watch it

Stoic
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

I'd love to say how I saw it but..... LOL. Here's a hint. There is a website called kickass.... maybe you can google it, and come up with the rest.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Legally its already out digitally, Won't be out until August 12 physically

or you can do it the other way which Stoic showed.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Stoic
I'd love to say how I saw it but..... LOL. Here's a hint. There is a website called kickass.... maybe you can google it, and come up with the rest.

i can't do that, that site will destroy my laptop, then the world stick out tongue

Originally posted by Kazenji
Legally its already out digitally, Won't be out until August 12 physically

or you can do it the other way which Stoic showed.

i'll wait until the 12th smile

SamZED
Great movie. When it comes to animated movies DC owns Marvel so bad.

Inhuman
I got to catch up on a lot of animated stuff

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Stoic
This movie was AWESOME. I thought that the Son of Batman was great, this one kills it in every way. It just blew my mind. Anyone that has not seen it must see it.

Batman: Assault on Arkham is a 2014 direct-to-video animated superhero film that is part of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies. The film is based on the universe of the Batman: Arkham video game franchise, and is a direct sequel to Batman: Arkham Origins. Jay Oliva & Ethan Spaulding direct, with a script by Heath Corson and James Tucker producing. The film was screened at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con International on July 25, 2014, and is scheduled for release digitally on July 29 and on physical media on August 12.

Plot

Amanda Waller forms the Suicide Squad where their mission is to break into Arkham Asylum and recover top secret information from Riddler. Suicide Squad member Harley Quinn ends up freeing Joker who makes plans to blow up Arkham Asylum and Gotham City causing Batman to spring into action. I think I'll watch it again.

Cast

Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne / Batman
Neal McDonough as Floyd Lawton / Deadshot
Hynden Walch as Dr. Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn
Matthew Gray Gubler as Edward Nygma / The Riddler
Troy Baker as The Joker
C.C.H. Pounder as Amanda Waller
Greg Ellis as Captain Boomerang
Giancarlo Esposito as Black Spider
John DiMaggio as King Shark
Jennifer Hale as Killer Frost
Nolan North as KGBeast, Oswald Cobblepot / Penguin

I plan to check this out but what the hell kind of name is C.C.H. Pounder? laughing

SamZED
Meanwhile Marvel produces 3d animated movie "Iron Man & Captain America: Heroes United" that is not based on any comic book arc as far as I can tell. Would it kill them to make a decent "Superior Spider-man" movie? Hell even Avengers vs X-men if done right would be good.

JayDaDon
I wish marvel would stop with that anime studio who does these stories for a quick buck. Marvel could just use some pocket change and start a monster animation studio and get their animation game back on track easily.

Supermutant
There was definitely a lot of killing in Assault on Arkham. I just didn't like how the whole team had to job to Batman.

Dreampanther
Meh. Not a big fan of that kind of animation. Thought some of the action scenes were okay, but I've definitely seen better Batman animated movies.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by SamZED
Meanwhile Marvel produces 3d animated movie "Iron Man & Captain America: Heroes United" that is not based on any comic book arc as far as I can tell. Would it kill them to make a decent "Superior Spider-man" movie? Hell even Avengers vs X-men if done right would be good.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I wish marvel would stop with that anime studio who does these stories for a quick buck. Marvel could just use some pocket change and start a monster animation studio and get their animation game back on track easily.

Don't think there's much money in these direct to Dvd/Blu-Ray animations tbh. Because most people who want to watch them will just download them. Surprised WB keep putting the effort in for the DC ones.

They need to be shown on Tv first Imho. And just get back on with the Weekly animations again like Young Justice.

JayDaDon
They have the ongoing TV series tho and they're all shit sad.

p.s I saw this movie last night, I don't think I've seen an animated film from DC get as mature as this one. It amazed me DC could take such a large chance with the tone, then I watched the Captain America/Iron man animated movie sad

DARTH POWER
They have the ongoing TV series tho and they're all shit sad.

What you don't like Ultimate Spider-Man? laughing out loud

DC don't have an animated series right now do they?

then I watched the Captain America/Iron man animated movie sad

Is the IM/CA one that bad?

I'm surprised. Would expect an animated movie based around 2 icons like that to rock.

Galan007
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Is the IM/CA one that bad? it's terrible... borderline unwatchable.

JayDaDon
At first I saw Taskmaster show up and my eyebrows raised. Then it became N hour plus retread of that one EMH episode where Cap was giving tony advise on how to fight and strategy, then the hulk showed up and I groaned outloud in my living room.

I didnt even mention the fact of iron man getting knocked all over the place WAY too much by Cap and taskmaster's horrible HORRIBLE role as Red skulls lackey. He was pretty much bastardized.

Utrigita
I liked Batman Assault on Arkham, but I don't think it's better then Son of Batman.

Galan007
Originally posted by Utrigita
I liked Batman Assault on Arkham, but I don't think it's better then Son of Batman. it wasn't. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
i just watched.. really , really good but Son of Batman is much better

Kazenji
A good movie set in the Arkham universe

8.5/10

pym-ftw
Idk i felt the joker took alot away from the story and the ending was weak as hell.

4.5/10 imho

Kazenji
Gotta have to disagree on the Joker, It added to the story.

pym-ftw
I liked his first interaction with harley but the ending makes no sence.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.