Thor's Biceps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RealPizzaBoy
I was wondering whats thor's program for his biceps? is he doing biceps 1 time a week or 2 times a week? is he doing preacher curls or hammers? can the Thor experts around here confirm? thanks

Galan007
thor is a known queer. his arms stay so ripped from curling all them dicks.

you can take that fact to the bank. thumb up

Cosmic_Beings
Thor is a les now

RealPizzaBoy
Originally posted by Galan007
thor is a known queer. his arms stay so ripped from curling all them dicks.

you can take that fact to the bank. thumb up

but how did he get such biceps? is he doing a lot of hammers? bar curls? preacher curls? curls for the girls!! yeah do them curls for the girls son

Diesldude
He does Hammer Curls.

RealPizzaBoy
Originally posted by Diesldude
He does Hammer Curls.

With mjolnir or a hammer bar? or weights?

Mindship
Ferget weights. Asgardian chin-ups ftw (it's how he also gets them uber lats).

RealPizzaBoy
Originally posted by Mindship
Ferget weights. Asgardian chin-ups ftw (it's how he also gets them uber lats).

but chin ups wont give you those biceps. is he curling mjolnir or a curl bar? i think its a great workout if he could make mjolnir get stuck and then try to curl it while mjolnir is trying to reject him.

Enzeru
1. You have to realize that the way a biceps looks is based on genetics. Some people put all the effort into their biceps, but it never looks that good, simply because they don't have the genetics for that, while they might have the most impressive triceps possible.

2. The best way to train a biceps is usually by doing two specific exercises. The first one would be preacher curls, but with an olympic bar and you should also be sitting to avoid using your body for additional momentum. The second exercise are hammer curls to hit the Brachioradialis muscle better, the one in your forearm.

3. The biceps is being trained when you do back exercises as well, because passivly does some of the work as well and if you're doing the wrong form it even ends up doing more work. So if Thor was about to hit the biceps twice per week he should do it in a push / PULL workout routine. Once per week would be more like chest / arms on monday and BACK and shoulders on friday.

4. To elaborate on the third point a little bit more: There is really not that much of a need to train the biceps separately. Gains can be made by simply doing back exercises like Pull Ups or Lat Pulldowns. The biceps is a very small muscle combared to the back, so it will get enough stimulation.

5. Then there are also other routines like High Intensity Training, where you wouldn't do all too much volume. There are people, who effectivly work out with only one real set (Dorian Yates is a good example, who won many Mr. Olympias). Some people even do only one rep and it's enough for them to tear the musle fibres up, which then start regenerating and that adds new muscle mass.

How all of that fits into Thor's bicep workout?

Well, it's highly unlikely that there is any weight on Earth that would give Thor a decent stimulation. Muscles are being built, when you're taxing them and you tax them by forcing them to do something that is not comfortable for them and muscle fibres get destroy and have to rebuilt themselves stronger. A new layer of muscle tissue appears above them and that is muscle gain.
Picking up weights wouldn't do much for Thor, because it's not a workout for him. Not even if he lifts that weight a thousand time, because that's whole another concept of workouts.

What Thor does instead is simply fighting bad guys. When he faces a guy like Hulk, who is equally strong or most likely even stronger, he taxes his muscles. When he has to deal with Hulk's pushback and starts pushing him back, he trains his pecs, shoulders and triceps. If he starts pulling Hulk to himself he trains his back and biceps. If he is getting pushed into the ground by Hulk and has to push back, he uses his legs and his lower back, which then get taxed and grow later on. And how they grow is totally based on his genetics.

That's the reason why almost all superheroes are muscular. Batman works out simply to have a higher strength in general, but even if he wasn't working out, he would have muscles simply through the pulling people out of burning cars, climbing on ropes ond walls and all of that with steadily changing weights (people, his armor, gadgets, items) and so on.

eaebiakuya
I would say "he just born this way, he is a god"...but Balder alredy get fat in the past:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/7/72524/3907754-7681681737-LokiS.jpg

So if Thor stoped to fight and started to win a lot...he would get fat i guess... laughing

Blue Area Vet
They stopped drawing him with biceps about 10 years ago. They they protrayed him as he would be if he didn't have biceps. Great job, Marvel.

RealPizzaBoy
Originally posted by Enzeru
1. You have to realize that the way a biceps looks is based on genetics. Some people put all the effort into their biceps, but it never looks that good, simply because they don't have the genetics for that, while they might have the most impressive triceps possible.

2. The best way to train a biceps is usually by doing two specific exercises. The first one would be preacher curls, but with an olympic bar and you should also be sitting to avoid using your body for additional momentum. The second exercise are hammer curls to hit the Brachioradialis muscle better, the one in your forearm.

3. The biceps is being trained when you do back exercises as well, because passivly does some of the work as well and if you're doing the wrong form it even ends up doing more work. So if Thor was about to hit the biceps twice per week he should do it in a push / PULL workout routine. Once per week would be more like chest / arms on monday and BACK and shoulders on friday.

4. To elaborate on the third point a little bit more: There is really not that much of a need to train the biceps separately. Gains can be made by simply doing back exercises like Pull Ups or Lat Pulldowns. The biceps is a very small muscle combared to the back, so it will get enough stimulation.

5. Then there are also other routines like High Intensity Training, where you wouldn't do all too much volume. There are people, who effectivly work out with only one real set (Dorian Yates is a good example, who won many Mr. Olympias). Some people even do only one rep and it's enough for them to tear the musle fibres up, which then start regenerating and that adds new muscle mass.

Well, it's highly unlikely that there is any weight on Earth that would give Thor a decent stimulation. Muscles are being built, when you're taxing them and you tax them by forcing them to do something that is not comfortable for them and muscle fibres get destroy and have to rebuilt themselves stronger. A new layer of muscle tissue appears above them and that is muscle gain.
Picking up weights wouldn't do much for Thor, because it's not a workout for him. Not even if he lifts that weight a thousand time, because that's whole another concept of workouts.

What Thor does instead is simply fighting bad guys. When he faces a guy like Hulk, who is equally strong or most likely even stronger, he taxes his muscles. When he has to deal with Hulk's pushback and starts pushing him back, he trains his pecs, shoulders and triceps. If he starts pulling Hulk to himself he trains his back and biceps. If he is getting pushed into the ground by Hulk and has to push back, he uses his legs and his lower back, which then get taxed and grow later on. And how they grow is totally based on his genetics.

That's the reason why almost all superheroes are muscular. Batman works out simply to have a higher strength in general, but even if he wasn't working out, he would have muscles simply through the pulling people out of burning cars, climbing on ropes ond walls and all of that with steadily changing weights (people, his armor, gadgets, items) and so on.

hmm interesting. me personally i am doing a shoulder and bicep workout once a week, consisting of 3 exercises for the biceps. but then again like mentioned many other workouts also stimulate the biceps. and yeah genetics is a huge factor for all the muscles. like weird looking abs, or rutten apple chest.

as for thor, interesting point of view. so the heroes are constantly picking up fights one with another for the workout purpose. like thor is going to hit chest today so he lets hulk take him down to the ground and get on top of him, and then thor is trying to bench press him by resisting his pressure from the top. that will explain why thor never use his powers and just brawl.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Enzeru

Post of the year! Thanks, man. I see so many people in my gym training their biceps in so many different ways. Gotta hit those lats.

RealPizzaBoy
yeah but the thing is, in order to get bigger biceps yopu have to tear them up. many drills that also include biceps as a side effect will stimulate them but wont actually do enough damage to destroy fibers and make them recover and grow. it will make them stronger but not bigger. however doing biceps twice a week while in between stimulating them will also make damage and wont let them recover to their fullest. so what i do is work them very hard with 3 different drills of 4 sets each, once a week. and then i stimulate them with the foundations such as pulling drills for the back for example.

overall i got very good genetics for traps and chest. biceps and triceps are nice but nothing that really stands out (again as far as genetics, i made them stand out via training). my worst genetics were always my shoulders and the lower abs + love handles. but with hard work again i changed it . some people get good genetics and they have to put 50% - 70% of the work you have to put into it. but hey it is what it is whining wont change and achieve you more so...

Newjak
How is this a vs thread?

RealPizzaBoy
Originally posted by Newjak
How is this a vs thread?

hmmm... real life bicep workout vs Thor's bicep workout?

oh yeah almost forgot. my culves are shit as well. but hey its like the story life of 90% of the population so..

Enzeru

RealPizzaBoy
i see. i am not a pro but got a nice physique (those are the words of the guys at the gym). not too buff i am 1.83 cm and weighting 80 KG.

SUNDAY : CHEST & TRICEPS
4 different drills for the chest, each consisting of 4 sets. as far as the weight goes bench press 120 kg.
then i am doing 3 different drills for the triceps, again each consist of 4 sets each.

MONDAY: ABS & CARDIO

on abs i am doing probably a 20 minute workout which include 6 sets of different drills that stimulate the abs. lower abs, uper abs, core, static. then i do 20 minute cardio on the Adaptive Motion Trainer burning 300 calories.

TUESDAY: SHOULDERS & BICEPS.
4 drills for the shoulders 4 sets each. like the shoulder press with 25kg dumbells. and targeting the front back and side muscles of the shoulder. then 3 drills for the biceps 4 sets each which include preacher curls with a narrow grip. then curls with an olympic bar wide grip. and then hammer curls.

WEDNESDAY : ABS , CARDIO AND TRAPS.

THURSDAY: BACK & LEGS

for the back i am doing 4 drills 4 sets each. start with chin ups. and then go up to the heavy weight drills. legs i am doing 3 drills 4 sets each.

Again i am not a pro or anything but i adjusted this sort of a program to myself and i see i am making the exact gains i wanted for now.

Enzeru
Originally posted by RealPizzaBoy
THURSDAY: BACK & LEGS

You're training back and legs on one day? These are the two biggest muscle groups in your body and you're training them on one day. You're training 70% of your body on one day.

On top of that I doubt that you manage to do these exercises in 45-90 minutes (there are studies that say that your testosterone peaks during that time period and you run out of energy and that everything more becomes negative).

Your routine is bad. And this is now not about personal preference and the usualy "but it works for me"-nonsense... No. Your workout routine is painfully bad.

Especially considering the fact that in your routine you seem to be doing back exercises at first and pre-exhausting your back / lower back potentially and then jumping over to leg exercises and maaaybe doing squats? Squats with a pre-exhausted lower back = stupid... stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. It can end badly for you.

I'm just some idiot from the internet, just like everyone else here, but I'm an idiot, who is giving you a piece of advice, which you really should follow: Go to a trainer in your gym (something that every gym should have) and ask him for advice. Or at least create an account the Bodybuilding.com forums and ask them for their opinions on your routine, just to see them ripping it apart and insulting you for doing it the wrong way.

And you might think that you're getting gains with it and you are. You can gain muscles with almost every routine, but it doesn't mean that it's good. And yours is really, really, really bad and maybe even dangerous. Ruining your body (rotator cuffs, joints, central nervous system) is not something that you realize from one day to another. It's something that builds up in the long run and when you're old you will feel it.

Seriously, change things up. Your routine and the volume are bad. They're not not good nor simply questionable. They're bad.

Newjak
Enzeru is giving some good advice here but this thread is obviously not an on topic thread for this forum.

So Closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.