Writers Wank

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
What's the biggest compliment/wankage a writer has done for a character.

What writer wins the title of lip serving their pet character?

Insane Titan
Paks Hulk, easy.

Galan007
thumb up

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up I know many other writers wank their fave character Starlin included at times, but Pak goes out of his way to quantify feats for fanboys and make statements about who Hulk could "beat".

carver9
thumb up

Didn't read what he said and im pretty sure it has something to do with Hulk since he posted in my thread but besides his comment, who else do you have?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by carver9
Didn't read what he said and im pretty sure it has something to do with Hulk since he posted in my thread but besides his comment, who else do you have? still lying Carver and face the truth. I'm not on your ignore as you post in threads I make.

-Pr-
Pak's Hulk after Planet Hulk definitely.
Loeb's Superman.
McDuffie's Wonder Woman to a point.
Starlin's Thanos.

The worst? I dunno.

Galan007
Didn't read what he said and im pretty sure it has something to do with Hulk since he posted in my thread but besides his comment, who else do you have? you could probably add geoff's barry and hal to the list.

as far as the *most* lip service/wanking a writer has *ever* given a character? that title would unquestionably go to jim shooter's beyonder.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Loeb's Superman.
McDuffie's Wonder Woman to a point.
Starlin's Thanos.

The worst? I dunno.

What did McDuffie say about Wonder Woman?

carver9
you could probably add geoff's barry and hal to the list.

as far as the *most* lip service/wanking a writer has *ever* given a character? that title would unquestionably go to jim shooter's beyonder.

thumb up

-Pr-
What did McDuffie say about Wonder Woman?

What do you mean "say"?

She was obviously his favourite during the book, and he pushed his own message board opinions in to comics to satisfy his own wants. How does that not qualify?

Rao Kal El
Loeb's Rulk

Pak's hulk is bearable if you have read some of the other stories prior to his, he just gave hulk a planet busting feat on panel beyond any doubt .Though his conception of "action" is kind of childish.

Starlin's Thanos is not that bad either

But loeb's rulk basically disregard hierarchies

I also agree with mc duffie's ww

carver9
What do you mean "say"?

She was obviously his favourite during the book, and he pushed his own message board opinions in to comics to satisfy his own wants. How does that not qualify?

Aaaahhhhh, Gotcha. I thought he said something as well. Honestly, Wonder Woman needed that attention. She is an ignored character with a lot of potential.

Branlor Swift
Starlin just star whores Thanos/Warlock. Which means that if they guest star, then they headline. Other than that he's not too bad. Mind you I never used to like Starlin but I've grown to appreciate his work in retrospect, especially his cosmic building stories.
Another criticism people have however is his intelligence for Thanos/Warlock.

Pak basically started adopting message board arguments for Hulk in comics using Chode until he finally destroyed a planet. Plus the interviews... Pak has turned to complete shit after Planet Hulk however and anything he writes is solely for the purpose of feats no matter the character.

Casey was/is in love with Superman. As was Loeb.

As was Loeb for his original character of Rulk.

Bendis is in love with Luke Cage. Loves Hawkeye. And pretty much any character he even likes causes a cone of suffering around anyone else. Do we need to job out Thor to pump up Hawkeye? Don't see why not.

And then there's Hudlin. Black characters rule. White characters are racists. Because out of all people Dr Doom should be the most racist.

-Pr-
Aaaahhhhh, Gotcha. I thought he said something as well. Honestly, Wonder Woman needed that attention. She is an ignored character with a lot of potential.

Why do you say you understand, and then contradict my post as if I meant something else?

He did say things. On message boards.

Even if you feel Wonder Woman is underappreciated, that doesn't change things.

riv6672
Good, but no.
Busiek's having Superman beat Thor.

Before certain people lose their minds and nuke the thread, IMO, it would have been the same if Thor had won.
There was NO WAY this fight could be seen as anything else.
And, there was no way it could play out like the Batman/Captain America confrontation in the same story.

carver9
Why do you say you understand, and then contradict my post as if I meant something else?

He did say things. On message boards.

Even if you feel Wonder Woman is underappreciated, that doesn't change things.

I do agree with you. What I am saying is, no matter the writer, I just think Wondy needed a Lil attention. Not as much as he gave her but at least more than what she was getting. So overall, the entirety of my post, all of it wasn't directed at you.

-Pr-
I do agree with you. What I am saying is, no matter the writer, I just think Wondy needed a Lil attention. Not as much as he gave her but at least more than what she was getting. So overall, the entirety of my post, all of it wasn't directed at you.

Okay.

Jynocidus
laughing out loud writers wank

Khazra Reborn
Pak was pretty bad with Hulk, but I think Starlin is worse with Thanos. At least Pak wasn't retconing Hulk's losses.

riv6672
Starlin does love that purple guy, yeah.

DarkSaint85
Pak's Hulk, no question. When he gas gamma maths retconning all the damage done.....

Also, Morrison's Batman.

Delta1938
Carter used to have a shrine for Pak, even giddy about having a few strands of Pak's hair and some of his used gum.

He destroyed the shrine while in tears after Pak said whoever he's writing is the strongest, which meant Superman is stronger than Hulk. A great betrayal Carter felt that day. A sadness nearly drove him to suicide, but he couldn't find enough fried chicken to eat himself to death, although he did gain 30 pounds.

krisblaze
Hudlin's Panther.
Christopher Priest did a great job on the Panther comics, but he still hyped him up to all hell. One-punched Mephisto, tanked many hits from Namor, etc.
Pak's Hulk.
David went insane with the Hulk sometimes, but at least it's been in line with his long-term vision so to speak, no surprises.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Pak's Hulk, no question. When he gas gamma maths retconning all the damage done.....

Also, Morrison's Batman.
Morrison hosted a wankathon for the Invisibles.

So he wins this thread no matter what smile

riv6672
Morrison's JLA Bat and Plastic men were given much wankiness...

Prof. T.C McAbe
Pak and Hulk
Starlin and Thanus

Insane Titan
Majority DC writers and Superman

krisblaze
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Majority DC writers and Superman
That's not true though, most of DC writers tend to hype up whichever character they're writing.

Like Johns with Flash.

Though ironically, Johns brought many GLs to new lows... stick out tongue

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Pak was pretty bad with Hulk, but I think Starlin is worse with Thanos. At least Pak wasn't retconing Hulk's losses. He pretty much did when he basically stated Hulk always holds back.

But Starlin wasn't retconning Thanos' losses outside maybe the Ka-Zar issues. He was retconning things that made no sense considering Thanos' development.
Ka-Zar he was a pure villain again bent on destruction.
Thanos/Mangog. Again, he tried to destroy the universe.
And even the Celestial Quest where he had no losses was retconned due primarily to how destructive it was in its quest to solve a task. Though the Celestial Quest one doesn't make sense considering a lot, but it is what it is. It didn't help that Celestial Quest was completely terrible.

Not to mention his first appearance was a clone.

Starlin just didn't want his character to randomly revert back to his old universe destroying ways thus destroying lots and lots of development. It'd be like someone taking Thor and making him have sex with dudes directly after he had like ten different stories showing him purely having orgies with girls.

Galan007
starlin wanks the bejesus out of thanos, no question. a very recent example of that was in the thanos annual, which had thanos eventually 'ranking' alongside the abstract/cosmic entities... and even more thanos-fap is certain to come with starlin's infinity revelation.

still nowhere close to pak/hulk-level-wank, though.

Insane Titan
starlin wanks the bejesus out of thanos, no question. a very recent example of that was in the thanos annual, which had thanos eventually 'ranking' alongside the abstract/cosmic entities. and even more thanos-fap is certain to come during starlin's infinity revelation.

still nowhere close to pak/hulk-level-wank, though. tbf we have no idea how or how long Thanos attains that abstart lvl though.

At least when Thanos faces people more powerful than him, they are clearly shown that way ie Odin, Tryant and Galactus.

riv6672
Originally posted by krisblaze
That's not true though, most of DC writers tend to hype up whichever character they're writing.

Like Johns with Flash.

Though ironically, Johns brought many GLs to new lows... stick out tongue
I thought he did a good job on GL.
A little artsy maybe...

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
And then there's Hudlin. Black characters rule. White characters are racists. Because out of all people Dr Doom should be the most racist.

Explain this further please.

Epicurus
starlin wanks the bejesus out of thanos, no question. a very recent example of that was in the thanos annual, which had thanos eventually 'ranking' alongside the abstract/cosmic entities... and even more thanos-fap is certain to come with starlin's infinity revelation.
Depending on one's perspective it can be argued that that isn't wank, just Starlin giving preferential treatment to a pet character that he created, and who's going to be the major driving force in Marvel's billion dollar cinematic presence.

Anyways, if human mutants of modest origins can evolve into godlike beings on par with Abstract levellers, I don't see the problem with someone like Thanos attaining the same level.

Wenjun Chew
Thanos is overrated. That overrated level starts at the very beginning when he stole the Infinity Gauntlet.

riv6672
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Explain this further please.
This might be interesting...

Insane Titan
Bendis and Luke Cage.

Jenkins/Bendis and Sentry

krisblaze
Originally posted by riv6672
I thought he did a good job on GL.
A little artsy maybe...
Yeah good writing, it's just that they're so uninventive.

Half the time they're creating boxing gloves and scissors.

riv6672
Ha, okay. Right.

Kazenji
Mark Miller and Wolverine.

DarkSaint85
Ennis and the Punisher.

basilisk
I think they've all been mentioned...

Pak Hulk got too over the top for me, especially WWH.
Loeb Rulk was just crazy.
Don't know much about Loeb Superman, but the McDuffie WW was annoying at times.
Hudlin Panther was stupid.
Starlin Warlock.

But I think the winner has to be Starlin Thanos. The retconning and total wankage just became too much. As a result Thanos sucks as a character - his plans are stupid and only work because everyone else gets dumbed down, everyone jobs to him, he just walks around getting powerups to make him better than everyone else. Whenever the cosmics appear in his stories they act like stupid childish idiots to make him look good. Nothing ever seriously challenges him as a character when Starlin writes. He seems to be aimed at adolescent fanboy types who just want to see feats so they can say "my favorite character beats yours". It's a pity because the early Starlin Thanos stories are actually decent.

Mr.SunKing
Between the GRE studying, and work, I've fallen massively behind in Marvel, and DC, what is the Thanos eventually attaining cosmic/abstract level power I keep hearing about??? I always thought he was a trans-tier type being

LGU
Ennis and the Punisher.

Ennis's Judge Dredd made his Punisher look like a little girl. Ennis wanked the hell out of Dredd, he was literally unstoppable. Ennis had him being shot twice in the stomach at point blank range and crucified in the middle of a desert for two days, tearing himself off the cross and carrying on like nothing had happened... among other things.

Cheers.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by LGU
Ennis's Judge Dredd made his Punisher look like a little girl. Ennis wanked the hell out of Dredd, he was literally unstoppable. Ennis had him being shot twice in the stomach at point blank range and crucified in the middle of a desert for two days, tearing himself off the cross and carrying on like nothing had happened... among other things.

Cheers.

thumb up

Estacado
Originally posted by basilisk

Starlin Warlock.

But I think the winner has to be Starlin Thanos. The retconning and total wankage just became too much. As a result Thanos sucks as a character - his plans are stupid and only work because everyone else gets dumbed down, everyone jobs to him, he just walks around getting powerups to make him better than everyone else. Whenever the cosmics appear in his stories they act like stupid childish idiots to make him look good. Nothing ever seriously challenges him as a character when Starlin writes. He seems to be aimed at adolescent fanboy types who just want to see feats so they can say "my favorite character beats yours". It's a pity because the early Starlin Thanos stories are actually decent.
Superman and Dr Doom can be worse than Thanos sometimes.Imo

Insane Titan

Starlin Warlock.

But I think the winner has to be Starlin Thanos. The retconning and total wankage just became too much. As a result Thanos sucks as a character - his plans are stupid and only work because everyone else gets dumbed down, everyone jobs to him, he just walks around getting powerups to make him better than everyone else. Whenever the cosmics appear in his stories they act like stupid childish idiots to make him look good. Nothing ever seriously challenges him as a character when Starlin writes. He seems to be aimed at adolescent fanboy types who just want to see feats so they can say "my favorite character beats yours". It's a pity because the early Starlin Thanos stories are actually decent. try reading Brans post about the retcons then you MIGHT just understand.

basilisk
try reading Brans post about the retcons then you MIGHT just understand. I understand completely and there is that part of it, but a some of it was also just about getting rid of past defeats that he didn't like. And frankly Starlin's later fanboy version of Thanos is often even worse than what was being retconned. Somewhere along the line Starlin changed from writing interesting cosmic stories to "my Thanos character is better than everybody else" stories.

Insane Titan
I understand completely and there is that part of it, but a some of it was also just about getting rid of past defeats that he didn't like. And frankly Starlin's later fanboy version of Thanos is often even worse than what was being retconned. Somewhere along the line Starlin changed from writing interesting cosmic stories to "my Thanos character is better than everybody else" stories. the only real loss retconed was KA Zarr.

What fanboy version the last thing he wrote was one half of his series / marvel the end where he never really fought anyone.

basilisk
the only real loss retconed was KA Zarr.

What fanboy version the last thing he wrote was one half of his series / marvel the end where he never really fought anyone. The Ka-Zar one was pretty stupid and probably deserved to be a clone.

It's not just about him fighting everyone, it's about always trying to make him better/smarter/more powerful than everybody else. It's also him getting all the powerups that let him beat up everybody up to the LT, and having him so powerful that supposedly he only loses because deep down he wants to lose. Nothing ever really challenges him. Not much point to a character like that other than wankage and appealing to the fanboy types.

Newjak
All characters get wanked at some point in time, my main problem is when characters get wanked to extraordinary levels without any rhyme or reason to it. To the point where the story suffers.

Pak's Hulk is a good example if this. I thought WWH was one of the worst story arcs to come out in awhile.

Starlin's Thanos is another example of this where I just get tired of reading the character because the writer is trying too hard to make them the uber Bad@$$.

Insane Titan
The Ka-Zar one was pretty stupid and probably deserved to be a clone.

It's not just about him fighting everyone, it's about always trying to make him better/smarter/more powerful than everybody else. It's also him getting all the powerups that let him beat up everybody up to the LT, and having him so powerful that supposedly he only loses because deep down he wants to lose. Nothing ever really challenges him. Not much point to a character like that other than wankage and appealing to the fanboy types. that's the only retcon of any significance though.

How is that the case?

When he's fought people like Odin, Tyrant ,PG Thor and Galactus plus others more powerful and they were all clearly shown to be more powerful than him. The only times he's shown to be superior to others is the likes of Thor and Surfer types which he has ALWAYS has been.

The power up with him beating LT was explained and it wasn't a simple power up it served the plot.

riv6672
The Ka-Zar win was legit.
Starlin fears a straight up loss to the Jungle Lord.
He should have let it stand. Its called a low end showing. All characters have them.

Insane Titan
The Ka-Zar win was legit.
Starlin fears a straight up loss to the Jungle Lord.
He should have let it stand. Its called a low end showing. All characters have them. it's not just the showing itself , it's the how a d why Thanos was involved.

riv6672
Sure sure. I'm totally surprised at you not agreeing with me on this. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I really like that Ka-Zar storyline. The man has so little, would it have hurt Starlin to just leave his biggest feat intact?
No, not one bit.

golem370
Thanos to me is fine if anything Starlin doesn't keep him constant in a bad way imo

Insane Titan
Sure sure. I'm totally surprised at you not agreeing with me on this. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I really like that Ka-Zar storyline. The man has so little, would it have hurt Starlin to just leave his biggest feat intact?
No, not one bit. and I'm not surprised at simply trolling since you joined the site.

carver9
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos to me is fine if anything Starlin doesn't keep him constant in a bad way imo

I didn't see anything wrong with Pak's Hulk either.

Estacado
Nah....Worldbreaker Hulk wasnt retarded at all....not a bit.

riv6672
and I'm not surprised at simply trolling since you joined the site.
Maybe i should have occupied myself topping every Thanos related thread on the forum.
Damn people are quick to throw out the word trolling today.
I disagree with you so i'm a troll.
You're like a lot of black guys i know who cry racism every time soething doesnt go their way.
As a black guy, i know a lot of Tracy morgan in 30 Rock types.

carver9
Originally posted by Estacado
Nah....Worldbreaker Hulk wasnt retarded at all....not a bit.

A Hulk that finally cut lose? Naah, Pak answered the questions of millions when he did that.

h1a8
Pak wanked the .... out of Hulk
Loeb wanked the .... out of Rulk

Those two are the biggest wanking ever.

DarkSaint85
What's the biggest compliment/wankage a writer has done for a character.

What writer wins the title of lip serving their pet character?
Paks Hulk, easy.
thumb up
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Pak has turned to complete shit after Planet Hulk however and anything he writes is solely for the purpose of feats no matter the character.
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Pak and Hulk
Originally posted by Newjak
Pak's Hulk is a good example if this. I thought WWH was one of the worst story arcs to come out in awhile.

I didn't see anything wrong with Pak's Hulk either.

This is why you're the Carvatar. Only you can bend all four elements of Logic, Reason, Canon and Opinion simultaneously.

Insane Titan

This is why you're the Carvatar. Only you can bend all four elements of Logic, Reason, Canon and Opinion simultaneously. hahaha

krisblaze

This is why you're the Carvatar. Only you can bend all four elements of Logic, Reason, Canon and Opinion simultaneously.
bwahahahaah, you're even funnier than your avatar.

Magnon
1. Captain America (under almost every writer)
2. Rulk (Loeb)
3. Black Panther (Hudlin)
4. Hulk (Pak)

tkitna
Paks Hulk, easy.

thumb up

P-Geyser
The Ka-Zar one was pretty stupid and probably deserved to be a clone.

It's not just about him fighting everyone, it's about always trying to make him better/smarter/more powerful than everybody else. It's also him getting all the powerups that let him beat up everybody up to the LT, and having him so powerful that supposedly he only loses because deep down he wants to lose. Nothing ever really challenges him. Not much point to a character like that other than wankage and appealing to the fanboy types.

thumb up

The Sorrow
Pak wasn't that bad until HoTM imo, but he did push it too far in the end. It was fun seeing the boards explode in butthurt though.

Loeb wanks pretty much any character he writes. His Superman and Rulk run definitely spring to mind though.

Thanos under Starlin.

Jason Aarons current GoT run deserves an honourable mention aswell.

HulkIsHulk
Honestly, Wonder Woman needed that attention. She is an ignored character with a lot of potential.
True

Blue Area Vet
There's always some wanking going on, but the two that were just unsightly were Loeb's Rulk and Pak's Hulk. Avert your eyes.

TheLordofMurder
At least when Thanos faces people more powerful than him, they are clearly shown that way ie Odin, Tryant and Galactus.

You better pray Quanchi doesnt get wind of this; there will be hell to pay...

TheLordofMurder
Anyway, Thanos is wanked to such tremendous levels that it destroys suspension of disbelief...

No one or nothing can touch his intellect; Abstracts and characters that allegedly possess billions of years of knowledge and experience cant grasp concepts and strategies that Thanos can come up with in seconds...

Starlins Warlock is up there too as he is seemingly the only being in all creation capable of winning an argument with Thanos...

Its truly ridiculous...

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Anyway, Thanos is wanked to such tremendous levels that it destroys suspension of disbelief...

No one or nothing can touch his intellect; Abstracts and characters that allegedly possess billions of years of knowledge and experience cant grasp concepts and strategies that Thanos can come up with in seconds...

Starlins Warlock is up there too as he is seemingly the only being in all creation capable of winning an argument with Thanos...

Its truly ridiculous...
You know even though I'm a Thanos fan, I actually agree with this (but much more so with Warlock than Thanos).

Remember the IG affair? Abstract beings deferring to Warlock over Galactus? Phuck that! thumb down

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
You know even though I'm a Thanos fan, I actually agree with this (but much more so with Warlock than Thanos).

Remember the IG affair? Abstract beings deferring to Warlock over Galactus? Phuck that! thumb down

thumb up

Omg you've reminded me of some of the horrific wankage of Adam Warlock...

Remember in this same arc when he basically ordered Eternity off so Eternity wouldn't ruin his plan??

Warlock and Thanos...I'm not sure who is wanked harder.

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Remember when the Abstracts deferred to Warlock over Galactus and Warlock called Galactus a fool to his face?

Its official; Warlock AND Thanos have the ability to turn Abstracts into complete idiots just by being near them...

zopzop
thumb up

Omg you've reminded me of some of the horrific wankage of Adam Warlock...

Remember in this same arc when he basically ordered Eternity off so Eternity wouldn't ruin his plan??

Warlock and Thanos...I'm not sure who is wanked harder. Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Remember when the Abstracts deferred to Warlock over Galactus and Warlock called Galactus a fool to his face?

Its official; Warlock AND Thanos have the ability to turn Abstracts into complete idiots just by being near them...
Remember? How could I forget it. I <3 me some Starlin but that pissed me off so bad, I felt like walking outside and punching the first person I saw in the face.

Insane Titan
You better pray Quanchi doesnt get wind of this; there will be hell to pay... go cry some more, oh wait your next few post....

NemeBro
Originally posted by Kazenji
Mark Miller and Wolverine. I dunno man, I'm not familiar with all of Mark Millar's work with Wolverine but in Old Man Logan his abilities were fairly consistent with his character, and it actually tries to deconstruct the idea of Wolverine as this incredibly badass one man army that crushes enemies far stronger than him, namely when Mysterio tricked him into killing the X-Men. He said outright that as good as Wolverine is, he would never have taken on the villain team he thought he did and survived, but a group of companions who would be hesitant to go all-out on Wolverine, while Wolverine is fighting to kill? Maybe then, yeah.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Remember? How could I forget it. I <3 me some Starlin but that pissed me off so bad, I felt like walking outside and punching the first person I saw in the face.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
go cry some more, oh wait your next few post....

Cry? No...

I am actually stunned by your honesty...

Insane Titan
Cry? No...

I am actually stunned by your honesty... if you actually read people's posts instead of acting like a petulant child in every Thanos thread you would already know this.

Badabing
Cry? No...

I am actually stunned by your honesty... Originally posted by Insane Titan
if you actually read people's posts instead of acting like a petulant child in every Thanos thread you would already know this. You two should just kiss and get it over with. kiss

Blue Area Vet

Its truly ridiculous...

Um, that's not wanking, that is the character under all writers. Jealous?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet

Nope...just stating facts...and its blatant wanking.

Cosmics, as well almost everyone else, turn into drooling idiots when these two are around; Thanos and Warlock are wanked at the expense of the other characters around them...

golem370
I believe Superman writers are the worst

Badabing
I believe Superman writers are the worst You're in for it when Ahbi, the ruler of the House of El, sees this post. osheet

zopzop
Originally posted by Badabing
Ahbi, the leader of the House of El osheet
What?! I thought that honor belonged to LordofBrooklyn?!

Blue Area Vet

Superman is the emporer with no clothes in this thread.

golem370
Batman writers are second whistle

Badabing
Batman writers are second whistle sneergun3Originally posted by zopzop
What?! I thought that honor belonged to LordofBrooklyn?! Only in his blue and red spandex wet dreams! biscuits

Blue Area Vet
Batman writers are second whistle

Or first. They may be peers.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Mr.SunKing
Between the GRE studying, and work, I've fallen massively behind in Marvel, and DC, what is the Thanos eventually attaining cosmic/abstract level power I keep hearing about??? I always thought he was a trans-tier type being
It was showcased in a recent comic written by Starlin, in which the IG-saga Thanos time-travels to meet his past self, and explain to him how he'll evolve across the span of future. During their convo, a hierarchy of cosmic beings were portrayed, consisting of beings like Odin, Zeus, Stranger, Galactus, Celestials and the usual Abstracts which feature in Starlin-written comics, and future-Thanos told past-Thanos how he'll eventually evolve to a level where he will be somewhere in the middle of this hierarchy.

Zack Fair
Paks Hulk, easy.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Pak wasn't that bad until HoTM imo, but he did push it too far in the end. It was fun seeing the boards explode in butthurt though.
Yep. And they still are

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Magnon
1. Captain America (under almost every writer)

Thank you

The Sorrow
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Yep. And they still are
thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Badabing
Only in his blue and red spandex wet dreams! biscuits

I am the UNDISPUTED ruler of The House of El.

Perhaps branding the symbol of my house on your snout will open your eyes!

Delta1938
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I am the UNDISPUTED ruler of The House of El.

Perhaps branding the symbol of my house on your snout will open your eyes!

Shut-up court jester. Before I beat you up and take your lunch money.....again.

Rao Kal El

Um no, that is those two pet characters being written by Starlin.

Rao Kal El

There is a difference between wanking the character and just portray him at the level many believe he is in.

golem370
I disagree writers write the feat before readers believe imo if writers kept Superman the level he started out with nobody would believe these higher end feat.

Zack Fair
but Superman has been at these power levels for decades upon decades.

You suggesting characters should remain the same forever?

carver9

Zack Fair
Why carv?

golem370
I am saying but a some what cap on the writers from ape shit.

carver9
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Why carv?

You can add Hulk as well but those two do things that is beyond what both should be doing imo. I love Hulk but sometimes I'm like WTF was this writer thinking. Same with Supes. I just think both of them are doing things that only Skyfathers should do, not heralds. At least Hulk has an excuse, the madder he gets, the stronger he gets but what does that have to do with him punching through time, reversing everything. Same for Supes, no matter how close he is to the sun, he should never be able to push an object that big...not unless you're a trans or skyfather. Hulk should never be able to exert the power of a freaking abstract. That's why I only use fts like that when someone is debating in a retarded fashion saying Black Adam is stronger because he punched so hard time did, etc, etc...I usually base my debating style off of combat showings.

Zack Fair
You can add Hulk as well but those two do things that is beyond what both should be doing imo. I love Hulk but sometimes I'm like WTF was this writer thinking. Same with Supes. I just think both of them are doing things that only Skyfathers should do, not heralds. At least Hulk has an excuse, the madder he gets, the stronger he gets but what does that have to do with him punching through time, reversing everything. Same for Supes, no matter how close he is to the sun, he should never be able to push an object that big...not unless you're a trans or skyfather. Hulk should never be able to exert the power of a freaking abstract. That's why I only use fts like that when someone is debating in a retarded fashion saying Black Adam is stronger because he punched so hard time did, etc, etc...I usually base my debating style off of combat showings. thumb up

Fair enough. I agree.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
There is a difference between wanking the character and just portray him at the level many believe he is in. lol, yet that rule doesn't apply to others?

Delta1938
You can add Hulk as well but those two do things that is beyond what both should be doing imo. I love Hulk but sometimes I'm like WTF was this writer thinking. Same with Supes. I just think both of them are doing things that only Skyfathers should do, not heralds. At least Hulk has an excuse, the madder he gets, the stronger he gets but what does that have to do with him punching through time, reversing everything. Same for Supes, no matter how close he is to the sun, he should never be able to push an object that big...not unless you're a trans or skyfather. Hulk should never be able to exert the power of a freaking abstract. That's why I only use fts like that when someone is debating in a retarded fashion saying Black Adam is stronger because he punched so hard time did, etc, etc...I usually base my debating style off of combat showings.

Your opinion is, well.....

Rao Kal El
lol, yet that rule doesn't apply to others?

You mean Thanos being written the way it is by ONE writer?

But whenever daddy does not like it how another writter treated my pet character, he goes and retcons it?

Yeah totally the same thing

Insane Titan

But whenever daddy does not like it how another writter treated my pet character, he goes and retcons it?

Yeah totally the same thing marz, Giffen, Abnett and lanning, Peter David have all yet Thanos like Starlin if not better.

So it helps if you know what you're talking about.

-Pr-

lol @ having an excuse.

he has no more an excuse than superman does.

carver9
lol @ having an excuse.

he has no more an excuse than superman does.

Lol...I said that.

Blue Area Vet
Lol...I said that.

You said "At least Hulk has an excuse."

carver9
You said "At least Hulk has an excuse."

And then I said "but"...

Estacado
facepalm

HulkIsHulk
This comment should should show others how biased you are towards the Hulk. Nothing much

HulkIsHulk
As for the topic, Lobdell Superman?

Blue Area Vet
And then I said "but"...

Which came right after "At least he has an excuse..." Either it's an excuse or it isn't.

One-Punch

Yeah totally the same thing
When Starlin retcons a Thanos story it's usually due to the bad characterization that shits on Thanos' character development.

For example Jurgen's Thanos was really damn powerful. Thor and Firelord couldn't even make this Thanos flinch with their attacks. And Jurgen had Thanos shrug off being hit by his own eye beams blasted back 100 fold + anti-force beam + planetary storms. Yet Starlin retconned this showing.

Another example is the Celestial Quest Thanos who instantly created beings like Reptyle the God and channelled enough energy to make the "universe" scream. Starlin retconned this showing too.

The retcons have more to do with their crappy characterization and less with power.

krisblaze
^We don't know to which extent Thor's attacks affected him, only that he lived.

But obviously Starlin will have to retcon showings where Thanos die, regardless of power or characterization.

FOOM
Dan Slott's She-Hulk (defeating The Champion) should be high on the list.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.