Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (1973)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fallschirmjäger
Many of you may be too young to have remembered when this movie first premiered on ABC, (or may not have been born) but I was one of those kids who did. I was 9 or 10 at the time and smack dab in the middle of the time when made-for TV horror movies ruled with an iron fist.

Aside from the remake a few years back, the original is still quite scary (though dated) and a good fun way to spend a few hours. I recently managed to score a copy on DVD and the quality is excellent. If any serious talk of horror films past or present is to take place, this is one that must be mentioned. if youhaven't seen the original, see it! big grin

riv6672
I actually prefer the original to the remake.
The remake was...okay. I say that as a movie goer, not as a fan of the original or a remake basher. It just didnt capture the claustrophobic feeling of the 70s version.

Go watch this!

Dude111
I would also prefer the original........... I DO NOT LIKE REMAKES for the most part!

Maybe ill look for it on VHS,im sure its out there smile

Fallschirmjäger
Originally posted by Dude111
I would also prefer the original........... I DO NOT LIKE REMAKES for the most part!

Maybe ill look for it on VHS,im sure its out there smile

A few folks that remember the original, muy excellente! When I was little there was a horror movie on almost every week at prime time.

One of my favorite lineups was on Friday night on CBS back in the mid 70's- Planet Of The Apes at 9, Kolchak The Night Stalker at 10 and The CBS Late Night Movie at 11, which was almost always a car chase or horror movie.

riv6672
Ha, Planet of the Apes. Good times.thumb up

I remember Kolchak would freak me out a little.
...not as much as when i'd accidentally run across an episode of Dark Shadows, though.eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.