Character rankings/tiers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
I'm not sure if this has been done on KMC in a while, but in a tiered-system how do you rank characters. In terms of feats, skill, force ability, power level etc where do you place characters in relation to others? If characters are on the same tier, how exactly are they superior to one another? Feel free to share your power rankings if you've got an idea or have done this on another forum

NewGuy01
Tiers systems are difficult because there is no set range that a tier dictates. Some view them as larger categories, and some view them as smaller organizations.

Q99
One thing that makes it difficult is different *writers* have different view of tiers.

One writer can have, "This person is clearly above that person is clearly above that person is clearly above that person," all within the same master rank and the top one not all *that* uber while the bottom isn't all *that* weak, and another can have a knight hold out against a combat-strong council member for a time.

Q99
That all said, I do mentally tend to group characters into tier.

Truly exceptional/cheating tier

Grand Master / Sith Order leaders, in turn split between high and low (like, Malgus, Krayt, Bane, high, Zannah, Wyyrlok, etc. low).
High Council
mid council
Low council
High Master
Mid Master
Low master
High Knight
Mid Knight
Low Knight
High Padawan/Apprentice
Mid Apprentice
Low apprentice
sub-apprentice

And actual ranks don't always fit tiers, and a lot of people we can only give an approximate range.

NewGuy01
Actually, I think if I'm gonna do this I'll use your Naruto ranking system. Seems pretty simple whilst still being solid.

Q99
I used those because I could merely extend what was already the in-universe framework. A different verse may not line up to them quite as well!

The Merchant
Why not use a Yu Yu Hakusho-esque tier system? SSS class being the top-tier fighter, E class being the weakest. After SSS, then SS, S, A, B, C, D, and finally E. People like triple SSS Should be the Ones IMO. SS would be GM Luke, S Darth Sidious, A Darth Vader, etc.

NewGuy01
laughing You think the difference between Luke and Sidious is akin to the difference between Sidious and Vader?

The Merchant
It was just an example, not meant to be taken seriously.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.