top ten rivalries in starwars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
1. Son and Daughter
2, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader
3. Anakin Skywalker and Count Dooku
4. Revan and Vitiate
5. Yoda and Darth Sidious
6. Revan and Darth Malak
7. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul
8. Cade Skywalker and Darth Krayt
9. Obi-wan Kenobi and General Grievous
10. Boba Fett and Boosk

Emperordmb
1. Son and Daughter
cool

Sinious
I think Hot and Vitiate would make more sense instead of Revan and Vitiate.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sidious and the force. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3388927884.gif

Nalaniel
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sidious and the force. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3388927884.gif

You mean Traya?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
nope.

Nalaniel
I don't understand.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nalaniel
You mean Traya?

That's actually a good one.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nalaniel
I don't understand.

Well, I guess it's sort of true.

"The Force" is what George considers the Light Side, it's the Force. The Darkside is just meant to be the corruption of it, they weren't originally supposed to be 2 halves of a whole, and even now if you bend the Mortis arc a bit you can agree that they're not seperate.

And in that sense, since Sidious would therefor be trying to "corrupt" the Force by tipping it into Darkness, he'd be it's nemesis.

However I don't believe any of that since Mortis, it's just a possible explanation.

Sinious
Originally posted by Selenial

"The Force" is what George considers the Light Side, it's the Force. The Darkside is just meant to be the corruption of it, they weren't originally supposed to be 2 halves of a whole, and even now if you bend the Mortis arc a bit you can agree that they're not seperate.

And in that sense, since Sidious would therefor be trying to "corrupt" the Force by tipping it into Darkness, he'd be it's nemesis.

However I don't believe any of that since Mortis, it's just a possible explanation.

If you only knew why he said "Sidious and the force"...

carthage
Vitiate and a lightsaber

Sinious
Carthage and logic.

carthage
Sinious and Feats

WildBantha88
PTforthewin and the Ban button

Fated Xtasy
SW_LeGenD and proper grammar/Common sense stick out tongue

SIDIOUS 66
It was stated that the son was the embodiment of the dark side, but then the father says that the son was falling to the dark side which suggests otherwise. To me, it seemed as if the Mortis trilogy was trying to depict the son and daughter as representing emotions, with the son representing dark emotions, such as anger, rage, jealousy, and hate, while the daughter represented emotions such as love, serenity, happiness, etc. With the father, or course, being the balance of these emotions and keeping them under control.

However, the father did claim to try to control the dark side in his son, which was a futile attempt and something impossible to do, as the dark side shouldn't be used because it's like a cancer to the force (as Lucas once stated), and no one is capable of using it successfully without being corrupted by it.

That was my POV after watching the arc, but the EU changed that and didn't leave my opinion it up for interpretation.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
SW_LeGenD and proper grammar/Common sense stick out tongue
This is really stupid to be honest.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
This is really stupid to be honest.

I'll admit i felt bad about that one, it was a stupid joke. apologies if i offended you. No hard feelings i hope big grin

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Sinious
I think Hot and Vitiate would make more sense instead of Revan and Vitiate.
lol wut? Revan and Vitiate had a 300 year rivalry.
Tython and Vitiate had less then a 1 year rivalry.

Darth Abonis
you forgot Isabella and Han solo

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Selenial

Well, Sidious does claim that he, in essence, is the Dark Side itself.

Q99
Kirk vs Picard

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I'll admit i felt bad about that one, it was a stupid joke. apologies if i offended you. No hard feelings i hope big grin
Accepted.

Zett
Anakin - Dooku
Anakin - Ventress
Obi-Wan - Ventress
Obi-Wan - Grievous
Obi-Wan - Maul

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Well, Sidious does claim that he, in essence, is the Dark Side itself.

Still though, Sidious comes from the force. He doesn't act out of its will. Everything that exists inevitably serves the will of the force even if they seem to act in the opposite direction. The Force is basically the ultimate mastermind.

NewGuy01
Kenobi and Maul is amongst the best of rivalries.

Emperordmb
Abeloth vs everyone else is a pretty good rivalry.

Tzeentch
I wouldn't call some of these "rivalries", tbh. Yoda vs. Palpatine being a prime example. They only clashed one time, and Yoda had no idea who Sideous was or that he even existed until just a couple of days before fighting him.

I'd say Obi-Wan vs. Ventress is a great one- she started off being Anakin's rival, but while her relationship with Anakin was more of a generic "worthy opponent" type thing, her relationship with Obi-Wan became a lot more personal.

... in the comics anyway. Dunno how much the show's ****ed up the Obsession events beyond Adi dying in a different way.

EDIT- I'll also throw my hat in with Mara Jade/Xizor and Vader. Vader's micro-penis regarding the Emperor's Hands and anyone else that earns the Emperor's favor is very compelling and has always been presented in a rather subtle manner. Vader knows that he's basically Sideous lapdog, he knows that he was basically manipulated and he kinda hates Sideous for that. At the same time, serving the Emperor and being his favorite servant is a privilege that he'll fight tenaciously for.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Kenobi and Maul is amongst the best of rivalries.

thumb up

Marco1907
Maul / Talzin vs. Sidious - SoD / TCW

Savage vs. Asajj

Obi-Wan vs. Maul

Anakin vs. Dooku

Sidious vs. Yoda

Obi-Wan vs. Grievous

Mace vs. Palpatine / Sidious

TerasKasi1023
A more obscure one would be

Anakin-Ferus Olin

They were like oil and water and their relationship spans back to their time as apprentice, and Anakin was a prodigy that wasnt universally liked , Ferus was a promising well liked student who didnt trust Anakin. Came to head twice, once on korriban and it resulted in a padawan being killed by a stray blaster bolt, and once again during the great jedi purge when Ferus "joined" Sidious, this resulted in a duel and surprisingly both came out alive.

Vader kills Ferus later though.

DarthAnt66
The Deadly Force and the Star Wars galaxy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.