Wonder Woman vs Angela

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
New 52 Wondy and Angela Marvel Now.

Curious how this thread evolves as both characters grow going forward.. With the recent showing, maybe Marvel will finally have an Alpha female.

zopzop
Diana brutalizes her. I don't get what's so great about Angela. She got humiliated by Gladiator then she goes on to beat a weakened and exhausted (he was fighting "Hevens" forces before she got to him) Thor. BFD.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by zopzop
Diana brutalizes her. I don't get what's so great about Angela. She got humiliated by Gladiator then she goes on to beat a weakened and exhausted (he was fighting "Hevens" forces before she got to him) Thor. BFD.
I can't disagree, but it was still somewhat impressive.

carver9

This.

Stoic

Zop, Angela never even fought Gladiator, and it isn't as if Gladiator is a weakling either. You're making more of it than it was.

Originally posted by carver9
This.

You don't possibly think that it's a little early for Angela to be in a match like this?

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
Zop, Angela never even fought Gladiator, and it isn't as if Gladiator is a weakling either. You're making more of it than it was.

You don't possibly think that it's a little early for Angela to be in a match like this?

She did fight Gladiator.

Why is it too early?

Stoic
She did fight Gladiator.

Why is it too early?

How many showings does she have? I have been following this character very closely. She's nearly feat-less. We don't even know if a certain food makes her weak, or strong... first we have to see what she can do, and thrashing an exhausted Thor shouldn't be regarded as fair combat. Carver she did not fight Gladiator, I don't know what you saw, but whatever it was, it wasn't a fight, unless you believe that being blindsided is fair and proper combat. I really wonder why you have to misrepresent so many things?

carver9
How many showings does she have? I have been following this character very closely. She's nearly feat-less. We don't even know if a certain food makes her weak, or strong... first we have to see what she can do, and thrashing an exhausted Thor shouldn't be regarded as fair combat. Carver she did not fight Gladiator, I don't know what you saw, but whatever it was, it wasn't a fight, unless you believe that being blindsided is fair and proper combat. I really wonder why you have to misrepresent so many things?

Lol...they were in combat with Gladiator. She jumps over there, punch him, Gladiator grabs someone and takes out the entire team. Your debating style is all over the place. You have no right to talk about blind siding after our Hyperion and Blue Marvel debate.

Now again, she was taken out by Gladiator with her team mates.

Stoic
Lol...they were in combat with Gladiator. She jumps over there, punch him, Gladiator grabs someone and takes out the entire team. Your debating style is all over the place. You have no right to talk about blind siding after our Hyperion and Blue Marvel debate.

Now again, she was taken out by Gladiator with her team mates.

She did not fight him one on one, nor is she a seasoned member of the GOTG. My debating style isn't all over the place Carver, you misrepresent things, and deceptively show pieces of fights in order to make people see half truths, which are actually lies. Adam was winded after being attacked without warning. He got over it, King Hyperion was given the same treatment and wasn't able to get over it. Adam won convincingly end of discussion.

Angela was blindsided by having someone tossed at her. Do I have to bring up all of the times that Gladiator, and many other characters have been taken out by less than what they have taken in the past? This is exactly why Angela is too new to be up against comics best female. Not sure if you understand what nearly feat-less means at this point Carver. Angela is still unproven.

carver9
She did not fight him one on one, nor is she a seasoned member of the GOTG. My debating style isn't all over the place Carver, you misrepresent things, and deceptively show pieces of fights in order to make people see half truths, which are actually lies. Adam was winded after being attacked without warning. He got over it, King Hyperion was given the same treatment and wasn't able to get over it. Adam won convincingly end of discussion.

Angela was blindsided by having someone tossed at her. Do I have to bring up all of the times that Gladiator, and many other characters have been taken out by less than what they have taken in the past? This is exactly why Angela is too new to be up against comics best female. Not sure if you understand what nearly feat-less means at this point Carver. Angela is still unproven.

She had a team backing her up and still got taken out. Which is more impressive, Thanos taking out the Avengers including Thor or Thanos just taking out Thor? This might be my last post to you yet again because you're a hypocrite. I brought up Adam attacking Hyperion while he wasn't paying attention and you ignored it and said that it still count because of what Hyperion did (whatever that was. He attacked Blue Marvel while he was looking right at him).

You then bring up, hell, I don't even know what you are talking about with the GOTG fight because the team was attacking Gladiator INCLUDING HER and they got taken out. It's just that simple. She wasn't blind sided, she knew she was in a fight and still got taken out with a simple attack from Glads. Again, I might ignore your next post. I honestly get headaches when I debate against you because you're unorthodox. At least when I debate against H1 he is consistent.

Golgo13
Wonder woman.

Stoic
She had a team backing her up and still got taken out. Which is more impressive, Thanos taking out the Avengers including Thor or Thanos just taking out Thor? This might be my last post to you yet again because you're a hypocrite. I brought up Adam attacking Hyperion while he wasn't paying attention and you ignored it and said that it still count because of what Hyperion did (whatever that was. He attacked Blue Marvel while he was looking right at him).

You then bring up, hell, I don't even know what you are talking about with the GOTG fight because the team was attacking Gladiator INCLUDING HER and they got taken out. It's just that simple. She wasn't blind sided, she knew she was in a fight and still got taken out with a simple attack from Glads. Again, I might ignore your next post. I honestly get headaches when I debate against you because you're unorthodox. At least when I debate against H1 he is consistent.

Carver what happens when a new character joins a team? They never worked together on any missions of that caliber. Angela is a lone hunter. This means that she works better alone until she has extensive training like the X-Men train in the danger room. As I said, I've been following the Angela character, and she is a rookie when it comes to working together in a team. So Gladiator may beat her on her own, but she would do far better against him on her own than in a team. Do you understand what I am saying now? The reason that you could not follow is because you haven't really been following the character. She barely has any feats. How can I say this? Hyperion has been around longer, and look at the number of actual combat feats, and showings that he has. These are things that take time. Should I explain it in another way for you or do you get it? Not trying to insult you here, but this is something that I shouldn't even have to explain to you to be honest.

Adam was speaking to King Hyperion, and K Hyperion launched an assault that was unexpected, and got the advantage from the start. Is there something that you did not get about the context of that confrontation? Adam recovered very fast from the assault which was not begun with them standing in front of each other after hearing a ref tell them the terms of the combat. Let me explain what I mean, because you don't seem to get it.

If the two of these guys stood in front of each other, after hearing a ref tell them the terms of combat. A horn blow for the match to begin, this would be how a match with rules would begin. It did not happen that way. Adam thought that he could stand there and debate with King Hyperion, and act cocky without reprisal. This is not what happened. King Hyperion wasn't into the witty banter, and popped him in the mouth for it. He then goes on to stomp the shit out of him. Adam at that point could not counter, because he was too busy being stomped into the ground. Again this is not the way that a forum match would begin. Do you understand this? Let me explain further.

Adam recovers from the assault very fast, but he was still winded, because he had just been stomped, while King Hyperion was still fresh because he had not taken a beating. Adam then launches his attack, and King Hyperion goes down. The difference is that Adam was able to get back up from the attack, while King Hyperion was not. What did this tell me?

It told me that Adam was tougher, stronger, and could take as good as he could give. King Hyperion was not able to. This means that Adam is superior to him. The other thing that it tells me, is that if they fought it out in proper combat where they both began throwing punches at the same time, King Hyperion would have gone down again, because Adam can take more punishment than King Hyperion, which was shown on panel. I don't know why it's so hard for you to see this?

Now as for Angela. She is too new to be in this kind of fight, and loses by proxy to a proven character that has the feats to say she takes this. Angela needs time to prove herself. She did well against Gamora, and i'd say that she got the majority of that fight, but she still needs more.

As for the insults Carver, all I can say is that you should look in the mirror, because most of the time that you showcase feats you leave out context, which leaves you looking like a liar many times.

CadenceV2
If Angela had feats from Marvel and Image, she would win.

Image Angela by stats was meh, but her Ribbons were nigh impenetrable, super fast, and protected Angela from things like the Anti Matter, Anti Life, Anti Force vortex of doom before lol. She also had lightning teleportation, and powerful holy lightning blasts. Not to mention over 10,000 years of fighting experience.

Marvel Now Angela Stats with Image's Angela Gear and Skill is a sure win for her.

Marvel Now version alone would get beaten I would think.

carver9
Carver what happens when a new character joins a team? They never worked together on any missions of that caliber. Angela is a lone hunter. This means that she works better alone until she has extensive training like the X-Men train in the danger room. As I said, I've been following the Angela character, and she is a rookie when it comes to working together in a team. So Gladiator may beat her on her own, but she would do far better against him on her own than in a team. Do you understand what I am saying now? The reason that you could not follow is because you haven't really been following the character. She barely has any feats. How can I say this? Hyperion has been around longer, and look at the number of actual combat feats, and showings that he has. These are things that take time. Should I explain it in another way for you or do you get it? Not trying to insult you here, but this is something that I shouldn't even have to explain to you to be honest.

Adam was speaking to King Hyperion, and K Hyperion launched an assault that was unexpected, and got the advantage from the start. Is there something that you did not get about the context of that confrontation? Adam recovered very fast from the assault which was not begun with them standing in front of each other after hearing a ref tell them the terms of the combat. Let me explain what I mean, because you don't seem to get it.

If the two of these guys stood in front of each other, after hearing a ref tell them the terms of combat. A horn blow for the match to begin, this would be how a match with rules would begin. It did not happen that way. Adam thought that he could stand there and debate with King Hyperion, and act cocky without reprisal. This is not what happened. King Hyperion wasn't into the witty banter, and popped him in the mouth for it. He then goes on to stomp the shit out of him. Adam at that point could not counter, because he was too busy being stomped into the ground. Again this is not the way that a forum match would begin. Do you understand this? Let me explain further.

Adam recovers from the assault very fast, but he was still winded, because he had just been stomped, while King Hyperion was still fresh because he had not taken a beating. Adam then launches his attack, and King Hyperion goes down. The difference is that Adam was able to get back up from the attack, while King Hyperion was not. What did this tell me?

It told me that Adam was tougher, stronger, and could take as good as he could give. King Hyperion was not able to. This means that Adam is superior to him. The other thing that it tells me, is that if they fought it out in proper combat where they both began throwing punches at the same time, King Hyperion would have gone down again, because Adam can take more punishment than King Hyperion, which was shown on panel. I don't know why it's so hard for you to see this?

Now as for Angela. She is too new to be in this kind of fight, and loses by proxy to a proven character that has the feats to say she takes this. Angela needs time to prove herself. She did well against Gamora, and i'd say that she got the majority of that fight, but she still needs more.

As for the insults Carver, all I can say is that you should look in the mirror, because most of the time that you showcase feats you leave out context, which leaves you looking like a liar many times.

God!!! I'm not responding to all of this mess. Glads took her out with a simple attack, deal with it. All of the rest of your statement involving her is made up and lol at her being a loner when she is currently teamed with a bunch of female God's right now. I don't even know where you got that crap from.

Back to the thread. WW stomps just like Red She Hulk would stomp.

leonidas
http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/sclements1/media/1-7.jpg.html

http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/sclements1/media/2-8.jpg.html

we call this a 'fight' on kmc now-a-days? laughing out loud

yeah, cuz on in the avengers thor himself hasn't suffered things FAR worse due to inverse-team-ninja tactics. she hit him once, did some damage then DRAX became the problem, not gladiator. hell, young cyke was able to not him on his a$$ and in the next issue young jean took him down 1 on 1. and it's not like they were ko'd or something. they were all up as soon as the battle resumed and cyke and jean had their moment. they were out of the fight for like...seconds.

at best, NOTHING can be gained from the angela/glads meeting aside from the fact that she can clearly hurt him. unbelievable anyone could try and extrapolate how a 1 on 1 meeting between glads and angela would go from what is shown above.

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas

yeah, cuz on in the avengers thor himself hasn't suffered things FAR worse due to inverse-team-ninja tactics. she hit him once, did some damage then DRAX became the problem, not gladiator. hell, young cyke was able to not him on his a$$ and in the next issue young jean took him down 1 on 1. and it's not like they were ko'd or something. they were all up as soon as the battle resumed and cyke and jean had their moment. they were out of the fight for like...seconds.

at best, NOTHING can be gained from the angela/glads meeting aside from the fact that she can clearly hurt him. unbelievable anyone could try and extrapolate how a 1 on 1 meeting between glads and angela would go from what is shown above.

Lol at her being out for seconds.

Lol at inverse ninja law. So V & V Despero taking out the JLA and JSA isn't impressive to you or are you basing this off of your hate for Gladiator (points to Gladiator respect thread again. All of your posts)?

Lol at a REGULAR Jean taking him out. Did you even read the comic?

Delta1938

I can see the argument of "she's too new," but that just bodes poorly for her.

krisblaze
I think it's time for a new Cyclops vs Gladiator thread then.

carver9
I also want to point out how wrong Leo is (its so easy to debate against him). Gladiator wasn't fighting a normal Jean Grey. As stated here, she had immense power.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-12-12-16-06_zps3f90ef0b.png.html

Not only was she amplified to extreme levels, she was taking EVERYONES psychic powers (you know, the stuff that empowers Gladiator). Context Leo, context. Also, Cyclops blind sided Gladiator.

carver9
Originally posted by krisblaze
I think it's time for a new Cyclops vs Gladiator thread then.

Make it.

leonidas
lol yeah, hate for glads. hilarious. in the comic forum i just suggested i'd love to see him on the avengers genius. you've always had an inability to differentiate between realistic views of a character and character hate. sure despero's feat was a good one. and? your point actually PROVES mine! laughing out loud how he asks in confusion? because going by your 'team showing' you'd think despero would crush any of them in 1 on 1 battle. but we've SEEN superman vs despero 1 on 1 and it was a great fight. we've seen jonn 1 on 1 vs despero and it was epic. so....yeah, thanks for the assist. team showing=/=1 on 1 showing. well done and glad we agree. thumb up

and.....yeah, seconds. laughing out loud cyke blasted glads out of the sky, jean showed up and guess who is standing behind her?? this is the next page!

http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/sclements1/media/3-5.jpg.html

i mean seriously, wth do you think happened? drax hit them and they were all ko'd?? they were knocked back in a heap, cyke shot him, jean showed up with the gotg behind her. how long you think that took? 30 secs tops and that's because jean needed her moment. good lord, no wonder people DO hate him though the way you constantly misrepresent him and his feats. you mistake their hate of the character for their hate of your misrepresentations--same reason why so many people hate hulk because of your defense for him. same goes for quan and thanos. it's funny that you haven't figured that out yet in all your time here. you do your faves more harm than good and you always have carver. it's part of your charm. smile

carver9
lol yeah, hate for glads. hilarious. in the comic forum i just suggested i'd love to see him on the avengers genius. you've always had an inability to differentiate between realistic views of a character and character hate. sure despero's feat was a good one. and? your point actually PROVES mine! laughing out loud how he asks in confusion? because going by your 'team showing' you'd think despero would crush any of them in 1 on 1 battle. but we've SEEN superman vs despero 1 on 1 and it was a great fight. we've seen jonn 1 on 1 vs despero and it was epic. so....yeah, thanks for the assist. team showing=/=1 on 1 showing. well done and glad we agree. thumb up

and.....yeah, seconds. laughing out loud cyke blasted glads out of the sky, jean showed up and guess who is standing behind her?? this is the next page!

i mean seriously, wth do you think happened? drax hit them and they were all ko'd?? they were knocked back in a heap, cyke shot him, jean showed up with the gotg behind her. how long you think that took? 30 secs tops and that's because jean needed her moment. good lord, no wonder people DO hate him though the way you constantly misrepresent him and his feats. you mistake their hate of the character for their hate of your misrepresentations--same reason why so many people hate hulk because of your defense for him. same goes for quan and thanos. it's funny that you haven't figured that out yet in all your time here. you do your faves more harm than good and you always have carver. it's part of your charm. smile

Different Despero. laughing out loud Like I've said, you are too easy (just like you saying Hulk wasn't amped).

We don't know how much time passed during the time they awaken. Also, wasn't that the next issue (let me look at the comic).

Just like you also forgot to mention that Jean was using everyone psychic powers against them and you pointed out it was just Jean but not including her amp. You trying to lowball a ft but, well, you didn't know what you was talking about.

Delta1938

Superman's done well against Despero one-on-one and hand-to-hand, but he's Superman. He's also been physically overwhelmed one-on-one(although one-shot him with heat vision). J'onn's fight with Despero being epic? How many fights have they had? The only way I could say the two I know of being epic would be how epically J'onn was being beat down.

carver9
The scan Leo posted is the beginning of Guardian of the Galaxy #13. There's no telling how much time passed. It doesnt even matter since we don't even know if that was Angela in the background. Looking at everything, it appears to be Gamora. The next time we see Angela is here...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-12-12-45-47_zpseaa21b73.png.html

After everything was done. There's no telling how long she was koed.

Stoic
The scan Leo posted is the beginning of Guardian of the Galaxy #13. There's no telling how much time passed. It doesnt even matter since we don't even know if that was Angela in the background. Looking at everything, it appears to be Gamora. The next time we see Angela is here...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-12-12-45-47_zpseaa21b73.png.html

Carver do you believe that it took more than 30 seconds from the time that Gladiator tossed Drax at the GOTG til the end of that scan that you just posted? I don't think that it took as long as you seem to be hinting at.

Stoic
God!!! I'm not responding to all of this mess. Glads took her out with a simple attack, deal with it. All of the rest of your statement involving her is made up and lol at her being a loner when she is currently teamed with a bunch of female God's right now. I don't even know where you got that crap from.

Back to the thread. WW stomps just like Red She Hulk would stomp.

You're not very bright are you?

carver9
You're not very bright are you?

I think the same about you as well friend.

carver9
Carver do you believe that it took more than 30 seconds from the time that Gladiator tossed Drax at the GOTG til the end of that scan that you just posted? I don't think that it took as long as you seem to be hinting at.

Show me when she was back up. We don't know how much time passed and the next time we see Angela was during the time the Jean and Gladiator fight was done.

Stoic
Show me when she was back up. We don't know how much time passed and the next time we see Angela was during the time the Jean and Gladiator fight was done.

You really can't be that bright, or it's a cover to hide that you don't debate, but instead insult other peoples intelligence while trying to pass your deceit off as honesty. That's what Leo, -Pr-, and several others including myself are telling you. You always find a way to misrepresent things, and I'm surprised that -Pr- hasn't banned you, or given you a warning lately. He's likely fed up of your BS, or taking a vacation.

It doesn't take much to figure out that the conversation between Jean Grey and the Shiar did not take minutes to end. I have to go back and check, because I don't recall Angela being flattened out, and KO'd from that throw.

Stoic

You can't tell if it's Angela, but looking at things, it appears to be Gamora? More BS.

carver9
You really can't be that bright, or it's a cover to hide that you don't debate, but instead insult other peoples intelligence while trying to pass your deceit off as honesty. That's what Leo, -Pr-, and several others including myself are telling you. You always find a way to misrepresent things, and I'm surprised that -Pr- hasn't banned you, or given you a warning lately. He's likely fed up of your BS, or taking a vacation.

It doesn't take much to figure out that the conversation between Jean Grey and the Shiar did not take minutes to end. I have to go back and check, because I don't recall Angela being flattened out, and KO'd from that throw.

We see some of them koed and we don't see her against after that. If you want someone to concede you have to provide evidence. If you think I am misinterpreting things, provide evidence. You debate off what you think vs what is shown on panel. It doesnt work like that. I can PM you the entire comic if you want.

carver9
You can't tell if it's Angela, but looking at things, it appears to be Gamora? More BS.

PROVE THAT IT'S HER.

Delta1938
We see some of them koed and we don't see her against after that. If you want someone to concede you have to provide evidence. If you think I am misinterpreting things, provide evidence. You debate off what you think vs what is shown on panel. It doesnt work like that. I can PM you the entire comic if you want.

Yes, because you admit defeat when proven wrong about your poor interpretations.

carver9
In the same scan we see Gamora. In the page after that we see only Gamora again...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-12-14-09-14_zpsf5603ab6.png.html

Where is Angela? I provided a scan showing the next time we see her.

carver9
Originally posted by Delta1938
Yes, because you admit defeat when proven wrong about your poor interpretations.

Lol...Delta, why are you following me? Stop making Stoic feel all gooshy in the inside.

Stoic

Where did we see Angela KO'd? Where? I did not see her laying on the ground passed out. This is because I am not remembering I have to admit. But did you see her laying on the ground KO'd?

PROVE THAT IT'S HER.

I don't have to prove a thing. I never made any claims. That was you making the claims instead of saying that what was seen was inconclusive. Once again you misrepresent things, proving your deceit. Again where do you see Angela KO'd?

Delta1938
Lol...Delta, why are you following me? Stop making Stoic feel all gooshy in the inside.

You want to be the one to make him feel gooshy inside, but a different way. Admit it. You two are bickering like husband and wife because you're both deeply in love with each other, and want buttsecks.

Stoic
In the same scan we see Gamora. In the page after that we see only Gamora again...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-12-14-09-14_zpsf5603ab6.png.html

What is this BS? just because Angela isn't in the scene, does not mean that she is KO'd. Carver, you are a liar, and you try to insult peoples intelligence when you pull this shit.

carver9
What is this BS? just because Angela isn't in the scene, does not mean that she is KO'd. Carver, you are a liar, and you try to insult peoples intelligence when you pull this shit.

no expression We are done. When you start posting scans and providing evidence, Holla at me. I could be wrong but you're doing nothing to prove it. Let me go back to the Wonder Woman vs Superman thread and debate against Delta (he has been dying to feel my rage). At least he knows how to have a scan war against me. TTYL.

leonidas

lol

we see rocket and drax, but your inference that angela is still ko'd while the rest are fighting is one more example of what can only be called a carverism any more, because there is no other way to describe what you do to common sense.

but sure--it's obvious that rocket's durability>>angela. i would think i'd be at the point where i could no longer be surprised, but somehow you still manage to astound me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
You want to be the one to make him feel gooshy inside, but a different way. Admit it. You two are bickering like husband and wife because you're both deeply in love with each other, and want buttsecks.

Lol...really?

Stoic
no expression We are done. When you start posting scans and providing evidence, Holla at me. I could be wrong but you're doing nothing to prove it. Let me go back to the Wonder Woman vs Superman thread and debate against Delta (he has been dying to feel my rage). At least he knows how to have a scan war against me. TTYL.

No you are done. Don't attempt to tell me what to do Carver. You're wrong, and a liar.

lol

we see rocket and drax, but your inference that angela is still ko'd while the rest are fighting is one more example of what can only be called a carverism any more, because there is no other way to describe what you do to common sense.

but sure--it's obvious that rocket's durability>>angela. i would think i'd be at the point where i could no longer be surprised, but somehow you still manage to astound me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is there one scene, or picture that shows Angela out cold? If there isn't, could it be that she was just dazed from being bowled over?

Delta1938

Let me take a look at your rage.

http://i.imgur.com/6DihYl9.gif

Your rage? Yeah, I'm prepared for it.

Lol...really?

Yes, I found a pic of you two!! Hope I won't get in trouble for an x-rated snapshot of you two in the midst of passionate bum love.

http://global3.memecdn.com/buttsecks_o_207579.jpg

carver9
http://i.imgur.com/6DihYl9.gif

Your rage? Yeah, I'm prepared for it.

Yes, I found a pic of you two!! Hope I won't get in trouble for an x-rated snapshot of you two in the midst of passionate bum love.

http://global3.memecdn.com/buttsecks_o_207579.jpg

laughing out loud

carver9
No you are done. Don't attempt to tell me what to do Carver. You're wrong, and a liar.

Is there one scene, or picture that shows Angela out cold? If there isn't, could it be that she was just dazed from being bowled over?

You're currently on ignore so no need replying to any of my posts in the future.

leonidas

lol of course there isn't. she gets bowled over then cyke blasts glads, there is some dialogue and the fight resumes. how anyone can leap to the conclusion that she WAS ko'd is utterly ridiculous. even dazed is a stretch. knocked over and sent flying back is all we really saw. the effects are said impact are all speculation, but given the nature of the hit and how quick all of them were back in (including rocket ffs) clearly the damage was minimal to say the least.

leonidas
anyway, on topic--i still haven't read enough dcu ww to really comment on how that fight would go. i'd give pre dcnu ww the win though. strength would be very close, speed to diana and the lasso>angela's weapon.

carver9
lol of course there isn't. she gets bowled over then cyke blasts glads, there is some dialogue and the fight resumes. how anyone can leap to the conclusion that she WAS ko'd is utterly ridiculous. even dazed is a stretch. knocked over and sent flying back is all we really saw. the effects are said impact are all speculation, but given the nature of the hit and how quick all of them were back in (including rocket ffs) clearly the damage was minimal to say the least.

I can agree with this. A minimum ko at best. I don't think the damage was minimum but whatever. Agree to disagree.

Delta1938
I can agree with this. A minimum ko at best. I don't think the damage was minimum but whatever. Agree to disagree.

So. What happened to your wrath?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a02a8e8b65519558cb2293c54c1f1237/tumblr_mr4llphZz81qkiyi1o1_400.gif

carver9
So. What happened to your wrath?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a02a8e8b65519558cb2293c54c1f1237/tumblr_mr4llphZz81qkiyi1o1_400.gif

I went back to the thread and you didn't post anything and that pic is suppose to be a Lion not a cat.

Delta1938
I went back to the thread and you didn't post anything and that pic is suppose to be a Lion not a cat.

http://funnyanimalpictures.funnypicturesutopia.com/pics/2/Cute-Kitty-Cat-Thinks-She-Looks-Like-A-Lion-Very-Funny-Nice-Meme-Crying-Picture.jpg

carver9
http://funnyanimalpictures.funnypicturesutopia.com/pics/2/Cute-Kitty-Cat-Thinks-She-Looks-Like-A-Lion-Very-Funny-Nice-Meme-Crying-Picture.jpg

laughing out loud

Delta1938
laughing out loud

Here's more of you.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZW3wGenQ1SQ/UcHHFmEADlI/AAAAAAAAF-w/ZF1qxn6ez9Q/s1600/so+scawry+kitten.jpg

leonidas

ahhh carver, THIS is why i don't put you on ignore like the others. i ACTUALLY lol'd at the "minimum ko" crack.

Stoic

So once again Carver is made to look like the liar that he is. i was looking for the comic because i burned it onto DVD, but I'm glad that you were able to answer me before I had to go and look to see if she was actually proven to have been KO'd. Another misrepresentation from Carver who believes that everyone is too stupid to see past his lies.

eaebiakuya
The first showing of Angela against Gotg was far from impressive. But maybe Marvel will just ignore it and up her power level...

Stoic
Then he turns around, and says that it was a minimal KO without actually seeing her KO'd. How stupid, or ignorant can he be?

carver9
ahhh carver, THIS is why i don't put you on ignore like the others. i ACTUALLY lol'd at the "minimum ko" crack.

Be glad that I said that. As seen here, they used Racoon as an representation of what happened to the GOTG.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18197328/All-New_X-Men_024-014.jpg.html

The next time we see her face was when all of this was done. We see all of the GOTG minus her after all of this. An argument can be made my friend.

leonidas
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
The first showing of Angela against Gotg was far from impressive. But maybe Marvel will just ignore it and up her power level...

the showing was pretty solid, really. she had the edge on gamora in a sword fight and she handled the whole team, basically one-shotting groot, until drax surprised her. even then she got up and it took a lightning blast from quill to put her down. she had some great speed and skill feats in that appearance and took rocket's weapon blast full on and was only annoyed. i thought it was actually a pretty solid showing all told.

eaebiakuya
Well, imo any High Herald can beat the GotG team with low difficulty, like Gladiator did in the past (not in this issue Carver is posting).

From that showing i think she is low herald at best.

But from the show against Thor things changed. Even tough it was said he was weakened...it was weird. Sounds like...plot demands Angela will beat him.

eaebiakuya
As seen here, they used Racoon as an representation of what happened to the GOTG.

laughing

leonidas
Be glad that I said that. As seen here, they used Racoon as an representation of what happened to the GOTG.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18197328/All-New_X-Men_024-014.jpg.html

The next time we see her was when all of this was done. We see all of the GOTG minus her after all of this. An argument can be made my friend.

carver, the only way THAT argument can be made is if you somehow want to equate something being capable of knocking out rocket as (very briefly) ALSO something capable of ko'ing angela. that does not follow--in any way at all. rocket's durability<<<<<angela's. seriously, there is no logical way to infer she was anything more than knocked back and briefly hindered (a clear plot device to allow cyke and jean to have their moments)...... it's pretty crystal clear and nothing more than that need be read into it.

carver9
carver, the only way THAT argument can be made is if you somehow want to equate something being capable of knocking out rocket as (very briefly) ALSO something capable of ko'ing angela. that does not follow--in any way at all. rocket's durability<<<<<angela's. seriously, there is no logical way to infer she was anything more than knocked back and briefly hindered (a clear plot device to allow cyke and jean to have their moments)...... it's pretty crystal clear and nothing more than that need be read into it.

Can't argue there. Good point.

Branlor Swift
Can't argue there. Good point. Not directly following it no.

Wait a couple days though when you come up with an argument that goes against literally everything Leo just said though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.